ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic re-signs $100 million 4 year deal with Magic

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Re: Vucevic re-signs $100 million 4 year deal with Magic 

Post#601 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 1:59 pm

drsd wrote:It is reported that this is the contract structure for Vučević.

$28 million during the 2019-20 season
$26 million during the 2020-21 season
$24 million during the 2021-22 season
$22 million during the 2022-23 season

A thing of beauty, this just got a lot better.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
AshBlackstone
Senior
And1: 221

Post#602 » by AshBlackstone » Sun Jul 7, 2019 5:34 pm

Knightro wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I have a question for those upset over the lack of attention to the PG spot this offseason.

Who did you want? I just don’t see anything out there worth the $$$ given we still have to figure out what Fultz can be.

There were really only 3 names I see has major improvement pieces.

1) Kyrie Irving:
He wasn’t leaving Boston for Orlando

2) Kemba Walker:
People overstated the relationship with Cliff. He wasn’t leaving Charlotte for Orlando.

3) Deangelo Russell:
This one was interesting to me. However, he ended up taking a sign-and-trade for Kevin Frickin Durant! Nope, we were not going to be able to compete with that.

So who else is there? Other names that cross my mind got PAID!! and offer limited improvement. A fully healthy Fultz has far more upside that the likes of a Terry Rozier. I would rather test Fultz for one season than pay Rozier $58M over 3 years.

Come January we could still consolidate some of our young big man assets for a run at Russell ... if Fultz clearly isn’t returning.

We have options.

There are a lot of posters on this board that would have been 100% fine with letting Vucevic and Ross walk, stretching Mozgov to gain additional cap space and then signing Russell outright IMO.

But he still has to want to come here. He ended up being sent to Golden St. Signing him wasn’t even on the table, even if we did those moves. He still would have been sent to Golden St.

And I didn’t even mention that he was a restricted free agent.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#603 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:16 pm

AshBlackstone wrote:
Knightro wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I have a question for those upset over the lack of attention to the PG spot this offseason.

Who did you want? I just don’t see anything out there worth the $$$ given we still have to figure out what Fultz can be.

There were really only 3 names I see has major improvement pieces.

1) Kyrie Irving:
He wasn’t leaving Boston for Orlando

2) Kemba Walker:
People overstated the relationship with Cliff. He wasn’t leaving Charlotte for Orlando.

3) Deangelo Russell:
This one was interesting to me. However, he ended up taking a sign-and-trade for Kevin Frickin Durant! Nope, we were not going to be able to compete with that.

So who else is there? Other names that cross my mind got PAID!! and offer limited improvement. A fully healthy Fultz has far more upside that the likes of a Terry Rozier. I would rather test Fultz for one season than pay Rozier $58M over 3 years.

Come January we could still consolidate some of our young big man assets for a run at Russell ... if Fultz clearly isn’t returning.

We have options.

There are a lot of posters on this board that would have been 100% fine with letting Vucevic and Ross walk, stretching Mozgov to gain additional cap space and then signing Russell outright IMO.

But he still has to want to come here. He ended up being sent to Golden St. Signing him wasn’t even on the table, even if we did those moves. He still would have been sent to Golden St.

And I didn’t even mention that he was a restricted free agent.

Remember that Kemba Walker to Boston was a publicly known done deal before we even reached free agency.

For me, and surely most others, the idea of letting Vuc and Ross go to sign Russell would have hinted on a similar understanding already being in place.

You don’t release Vuc and Ross on the chance that maybe a guy you haven’t spoken to picks us.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#604 » by Skin » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:26 pm

drsd wrote:It is reported that this is the contract structure for Vučević.

$28 million during the 2019-20 season
$26 million during the 2020-21 season
$24 million during the 2021-22 season
$22 million during the 2022-23 season

Palatable.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#605 » by drsd » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:46 pm

Skin wrote:Palatable.

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#606 » by Last Guardian » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:42 am

It seems we are committed to this trajectory now. I don’t blame them after all the losing seasons to try and capitalize on last season but without Fultz becoming a star or major improvement from younger players we look like we’re just chasing mediocrity
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#607 » by basketballRob » Mon Jul 8, 2019 9:48 am

Last Guardian wrote:It seems we are committed to this trajectory now. I don’t blame them after all the losing seasons to try and capitalize on last season but without Fultz becoming a star or major improvement from younger players we look like we’re just chasing mediocrity
If we top out as a mediocre team we can do what OKC is doing at a smaller scale.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#608 » by MoMM » Mon Jul 8, 2019 2:14 pm

Assuming that our young players will get a little bit better, Amino wad added and we get some production from our backup PG for the entire season, we will have a better record, perhaps 50 wins.

Bucks, Raptors, 76ers, Celtics, Pacers and Hornets got worse as they lost some role players.

Return to Orlando Magic