ImageImageImageImage

Should we trade for Westbrook?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Should we trade for Westbrook?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 129

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Re: Should we trade for Westbrook? 

Post#321 » by glennathan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:50 am

Only team I can think of that could play in to with salary cap space is NYK
OrlandO wrote:I wonder if it will be a three team deal as rumored a couple hours ago...

Sent from my LM-G710VM using RealGM mobile app
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#322 » by IllMagic04 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 am

Okc just wants the picks regardless of what contract they had to take. Im sure theyd love to flip CP3 with more picks. Houston is gonna regret trading all those picks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#323 » by basketballRob » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 am

glennathan wrote:Only team I can think of that could play in to with salary cap space is NYK
OrlandO wrote:I wonder if it will be a three team deal as rumored a couple hours ago...

Detroit can trade for him. CP3, Griffin, and Drummond

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#324 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 am

basketballRob wrote:
glennathan wrote:Only team I can think of that could play in to with salary cap space is NYK

Detroit can trade for him. CP3, Griffin, and Drummond

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Lol Detroit Clippers
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#325 » by spinedoc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:39 am

tiderulz wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
Audi wrote:
Is it really on him though? Has KD and PG both stated they just couldn't play with him any longer? I haven't watched much OKC ball, but from my limited perspective it seems like they just never could assemble a good enough supporting roster around whatever 2 stars they had, so maybe that's why these guys left for greener pastures? I tend to ignore/steer clear of NBA drama in all of it's forms so I don't actually know - maybe they do have beef with Russ.

No, they haven't. It could also be simpler than all that drama, its freaking Oklahoma!

players want to play with top players. Yes, its Oklahoma. that didnt stop PG from re-signing there. If 2 top players have left Russ, and there has always been talk about him ignoring teammates and shooting the rock whenever he wants, even when he isnt making them, Russ needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror.

That mirror will be at Hardens house, as he pushed to be reunited with Russ. So much for that theory. :wink:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#326 » by tiderulz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am

spinedoc wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
No, they haven't. It could also be simpler than all that drama, its freaking Oklahoma!

players want to play with top players. Yes, its Oklahoma. that didnt stop PG from re-signing there. If 2 top players have left Russ, and there has always been talk about him ignoring teammates and shooting the rock whenever he wants, even when he isnt making them, Russ needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror.

That mirror will be at Hardens house, as he pushed to be reunited with Russ. So much for that theory. :wink:

and i will pull up a stool and some marshmellows for the fire that this will be. I cant see this working at all, there isnt enough ball to go around. at least Chris Paul can play off the ball. And my theory still holds. we'll see how long this goes before one of them is moved
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#327 » by Knightro » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm

I wouldn't have given up as much as Houston gave up.

Two firsts and two pick swaps is a pass for me.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#328 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Knightro wrote:I wouldn't have given up as much as Houston gave up.

I wouldn’t have either but the difference is I think they had to in order to get off of that Chris Paul contract. It’s one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Not sure exactly what the asking price for a team like us or Miami would have been but I doubt it would of had to include so many picks.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#329 » by Knightro » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:08 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:

I wouldn’t have either but the difference is I think they had to in order to get off of that Chris Paul contract. It’s one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Not sure exactly what the asking price for a team like us or Miami would have been but I doubt it would of had to include so many picks.

They actually acquired one of the two contracts in the league that was worse, so did they really do anything great financially?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,960

Post#330 » by Xatticus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:34 pm

Knightro wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

They actually acquired one of the two contracts in the league that was worse, so did they really do anything great financially?

I'd rather pay Westbrook over the next four years than Paul over the next three. Westbrook is three-and-a-half-years younger and has missed considerably fewer games in recent seasons.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#331 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Knightro wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I wouldn’t have either but the difference is I think they had to in order to get off of that Chris Paul contract. It’s one of the worst contracts in the NBA. Not sure exactly what the asking price for a team like us or Miami would have been but I doubt it would of had to include so many picks.

I'd rather pay Westbrook over the next four years than Paul over the next three. Westbrook is three-and-a-half-years younger and has missed considerably fewer games in recent seasons.

I feel like it was a good gamble for HOU with their window closing. Westbrook also gives them arguably a better shot at winning it all than Paul does. That’s going to be a weirdly exciting team to watch if they can balance out the rest of the roster.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#332 » by tiderulz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:12 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Xatticus wrote:
Knightro wrote:

I feel like it was a good gamble for HOU with their window closing. Westbrook also gives them arguably a better shot at winning it all than Paul does. That’s going to be a weirdly exciting team to watch if they can balance out the rest of the roster.

except Paul can shoot and was a better fit with Harden than Westbrook.

i think its going to be like bleach and vinegar = chlorine gas
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#333 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Xatticus wrote:

except Paul can shoot and was a better fit with Harden than Westbrook.

i think its going to be like bleach and vinegar = chlorine gas

:lol: .
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#334 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Knightro wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:

I’d rather be paying the much younger less injury prone player in his prime. I know Russell has been on a slight decline but it’s nothing like Paul’s decline this season. I think his contract is much worse for those reasons.

Now, RW could tear an ACL or an Achilles next season and all that would change in an instant but atm id rather be paying Russell.

Return to Orlando Magic