ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Deal Looks Better Now

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,648

Markelle Fultz Deal Looks Better Now 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:41 pm

With Oklahoma City's trade of Paul George, it is unlikely they will finish with a record that gets them a pick outside of the Top-20.

This means, The Magic essentially traded three future Second Round Picks for Markelle Fultz.

#33 in 2019
OKC 2022 2nd
OKC 2023 2nd

Whatever happens with Markelle Fultz, it was worth the gamble although we do not know how this will turn out.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Re: Markelle Fultz Deal Looks Better Now 

Post#2 » by Xatticus » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:31 pm

I think it's a bit early to starting writing-off OKC right now. There is no question that George was the best player in that deal, but Gallinari and Gilgeous-Alexander should give them a lot of good minutes.

I don't think there is any question that OKC got the better end of that deal. George is great, but OKC got a massive haul in return. It only makes sense for LAC when you factor in the Leonard signing.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#3 » by JBSouthpaw » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:35 pm

Xatticus wrote:I think it's a bit early to starting writing-off OKC right now. There is no question that George was the best player in that deal, but Gallinari and Gilgeous-Alexander should give them a lot of good minutes.

I don't think there is any question that OKC got the better end of that deal. George is great, but OKC got a massive haul in return. It only makes sense for LAC when you factor in the Leonard signing.

The okc roster wouldn't be bad for the east, but in the west, they are behind a ton a teams:
GS
LAL
LAC
HOU
UT
Den
POR
And Possibly SA, Dallas, N.O and SAC.
But, they have a ton of movable players and picks.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,646

Post#4 » by thelead » Sun Jul 7, 2019 4:06 am

Howard Mass wrote:With Oklahoma City's trade of Paul George, it is unlikely they will finish with a record that gets them a pick outside of the Top-20.

This means, The Magic essentially traded three future Second Round Picks for Markelle Fultz.

#33 in 2019
OKC 2022 2nd
OKC 2023 2nd

Whatever happens with Markelle Fultz, it was worth the gamble although we do not know how this will turn out.

Even if he never plays, it was absolutely worth the gamble.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#5 » by npiper17 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:20 am

Xatticus wrote:I think it's a bit early to starting writing-off OKC right now. There is no question that George was the best player in that deal, but Gallinari and Gilgeous-Alexander should give them a lot of good minutes.

Tbh, I didn’t think Westbrook and George were great together and with the way the West was loading up pre-Kawhi decision, they would have been struggling to make the playoffs anyway and certainly not a top 10 team in respect of the pick protection.

It’s a great haul which could be added to because I do think there’s a team out there with an itchy trigger finger (Miami are the favourites imo) who’ll offer something stupid to get Westbrook.

Return to Orlando Magic