ImageImageImageImage

Steve Clifford applauds free-agent signings, team’s roster versatility

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Re: Steve Clifford applauds free-agent signings, team’s roster versatility 

Post#81 » by ezzzp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 am

Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Bensational wrote:
"Strategically interpreting"? He confirmed my interpretation as his intent. Are you actually now trying to imply you know his definition better than him?

But you really need to stop trying to build a larger divide between who you think is pro or anti whatever. Yes, the board has divisions but that just makes it tribalistic. That's not the kind of harmony we want around here. Same as Reddit, whom you claim were consensus haters when they were overwhelmingly supportive of all moves this summer.

If you support the moves, that's fine. If you don't, that should be fine as well. None of us have the ability to make changes to the team. But until WeHam win a championship, treating their moves as 'the best' options is pretty moot.

Well of course he did :lol: did you expect him not to?

Yes, I am dissecting his statement and thinking about it critically, should I just capitulate and accept it as authority? LMAO...fyi it doesn't take much to see the agenda at play there...if you want to pretend it doesn't exist, go right ahead.

You want me to pretend that there isn't a group of anti-Vucevic people that swarm together and attack any positive posting about Vucevic? It happens every day and you are often part of that group....now you are trying to stop others from challenging that opinion with their own pov...too bad, welcome to democracy.

....Reddit? what?

Stick to the stats and basketball, because you're great with that. But politics on a board, not so much.

Stick to hot takes and fantasy, because you're great at that. But self-awareness, not so much.
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,010

Post#82 » by Driguez » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:39 am

Geez chill
"We all we got"- SVG
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#83 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:41 am

ezzzp wrote:
Bensational wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
Well of course he did :lol: did you expect him not to?

Yes, I am dissecting his statement and thinking about it critically, should I just capitulate and accept it as authority? LMAO...fyi it doesn't take much to see the agenda at play there...if you want to pretend it doesn't exist, go right ahead.

You want me to pretend that there isn't a group of anti-Vucevic people that swarm together and attack any positive posting about Vucevic? It happens every day and you are often part of that group....now you are trying to stop others from challenging that opinion with their own pov...too bad, welcome to democracy.

....Reddit? what?

Stick to the stats and basketball, because you're great with that. But politics on a board, not so much.

Stick to hot takes and fantasy, because you're great at that. But self-awareness, not so much.

You are the pinnacle of maturity.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#84 » by ezzzp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 am

Bensational wrote:
You are the pinnacle of maturity.

:lol:
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#85 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:46 am

MagicMatic wrote:
ezzzp wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Not really.

The majority of Magic fans LOVE Vuc, and even go as far as to avoid this forum in place of safe spaces so they can talk in an echo chamber about how amazing he is. Honestly, I think he’s been the most consistent player for the Magic in his tenure. Whether or not that’s indicative of Orlando’s future success is another story entirely. He’s been a crutch for Orlando addressing any semblance of a real offense for years.

Some people were out on Vuc WAY before the media had opinions on him at all. Actually, most of the people I know that are Magic fans look at this FO with a healthy level of skepticism, albeit having different opinions than me. I can’t say I blame them considering every move has been either neutral, or extremely conservative toward roster construction.

Check out Twitter and Facebook feeds on the day he was re-signed. Maybe my perspective of how Magic fans feel about Vuc is distorted because RealGM and those two social media feeds are where I mostly look at Magic stuff.

Reddit and Discord are overwhelmingly positive places that don’t want any form of varying opinion on any and all things Magic. They think this board is “too crazy” when in reality it’s just fans with different opinions that aren’t merely talking about the sweet Terrance Ross jersey they just purchased.

I honestly dont even touch reddit anymore. It’s too casual for me. Anyone with an even slightly negative opinion gets downvoted to oblivion. I mean it can be a fun place to go and see memes from time to time but it’s not the board to go to for any sort of substance imo. That’s why I post here.

Return to Orlando Magic