ImageImageImageImage

TBT:. Where are they now? Players in Dwight Trade

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

TBT:. Where are they now? Players in Dwight Trade 

Post#1 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:33 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/dwight-howard-lakers-trade-where-are-players-now-2019-5

Interesting look at where the players and draft picks from the Dwight trade are now.
aka: prorl
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Re: TBT:. Where are they now? Players in Dwight Trade 

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:https://www.businessinsider.com/dwight-howard-lakers-trade-where-are-players-now-2019-5

Interesting look at where the players and draft picks from the Dwight trade are now.

So after all said and done we blatantly won the trade and got an all star in return with a decent role player in Iwundu. Nothing like what NOP or OKC got for their star, but not bad for the position Dwight put us in.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#3 » by drsd » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:40 am

The Lakers also received Chris Duhon from the Magic.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#4 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Wait...is that true that one of the picks we sent to philly for Payton turned into Fox? Yikes
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
Nightman
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,056

Post#5 » by Nightman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:02 pm

I made a graphic a few months ago of what happened to the assets we got from the Dwight trade. I've posted this on here before, but this seems like a relevant thread to share it again.

raymv1987
Ballboy
And1: 48

Post#6 » by raymv1987 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Wait...is that true that one of the picks we sent to philly for Payton turned into Fox? Yikes

No. The pick traded back to Philly was their conditional 1st rounder we got in the Howard trade. They were getting their own pick back. They had a pick swap in the 2017 draft with Sac as part of the Stauskas trade. Sac actually fell 2 spots because of the Philly swap. They then picked Fox. Because of protections, we would not have received that pick. However, we could have received their 2018 1st (because I believe protections wouldn't have covered where they ended up.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,077

Post#7 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Really really bad article so many errors. I knew that didn’t sound right.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#8 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Business Insider shouldn't be writing sports related articles. "Nuggets got the best player." *Herp derp*...Maybe but orlando ended up winning that trade.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic