ImageImageImageImage

Evan fournier Interview (french)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,133

Re: Evan fournier Interview (french) 

Post#21 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:17 pm

So Evan pretty much confirm that Fultz has been shooting.
aka: prorl
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#22 » by Skin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:( in my point of view , Evan looks hesitant and a bit lost, what worries me is that he adds that Orlando didn't took a big risk by trading for him, don't know why he said that at this moment of the interview)

This bit was a little confusing. Can you clarify?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#23 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Skin wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:( in my point of view , Evan looks hesitant and a bit lost, what worries me is that he adds that Orlando didn't took a big risk by trading for him, don't know why he said that at this moment of the interview)

This bit was a little confusing. Can you clarify?

Not a big deal, that's just me interpretating his body language and way of talking as I know him quite well since his days in Charenton (France)
He's a guy that goes quite straight to the point when giving interviews, he has no filter
He talks briefly about the fact that he'd seen him taking shoots in the facility and receiving some minor medical treatments
And then quickly says that Orlando didn't give a lot to acquire him ( fun fact he talks about jonathon simmons and from what I heard I think he didn't like playing with him at all and saying Iwundu quickly got his spot) , so for me he 's not couting that much on Fultz starting for this team.
Fournier is first of all a big fan of the NBA and he follows the moves the rumors ,he's a lot into social media so I think he's well aware of the situation with Markelle.

To resume it : we still know nothing. :roll:

Ps : I forgot that part but he said : we ' re like you, we still waiting for news.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#24 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Maybe Evan being in France is why he doesn't know anything on Fultz???
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#25 » by Driguez » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:So Evan pretty much confirm that Fultz has been shooting.

That was my take away
"We all we got"- SVG
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#26 » by paperboymafia » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:05 am

MagicFrenchie's writeup was solid so I've not much to add.

Just my take on some of the orlando talk;

- They are aware that they are not in a position currently to be able to attract any superstars so there was no time or point to think about that and thus,Evan feels that the extensions are very positive. This was filmed before Westbrook going to Houston, so the interviewers asked if he was aware that there were rumors of Orlando being interested and if that would annoy him. Answered that it would annoy him if it meant him playing in OKC (its hard to translate this but the way he answered was on the lines of "i wouldn't want to live there so yeah, i'd be annoyed), doesn't really believe the rumors and wouldn't think that he would come to Orlando anyway. Also says "unless I see a Woj tweet saying a trade happened, I don't really pay attention"

- Real high praise for Cliff and his man management.

- FULTZ part; literally says "we see him, he's rehabbing etc, he's doing shootarounds but how can I tell you if he will really help us this year? I can't know that". Also confirms that he had yet to join in full team practices. "We're like you, we're waiting to see", "if they brought him in, its for a reason, wasn't #1 for no reason, we just have to wait and see what it can bring us, it was a low risk move for us....but if it works out it could help us explode.
------------------------

IMO, Evan was being a little cautious in answering the MF questions. If that is down to his honestly not knowing like he says or because he's not allowed to, no clue but he definitely didn't seem at all negative about it.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#27 » by Nyce_1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:21 pm

paperboymafia wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Bon resume :)

The fultz part cooled me down a bit, it s not the first time that he says that players have no clue how he is

Training facilities can't be that big. Players don't talk to each other much

Or they are being coy because they're told not to speak any detail in public?
Maybe their workout schedules are just different and they dont see each other much. Neither are consistently Orlando. Evan in France with new baby and preparing with French team. Markelle back and forth between Orlando and LA. One could do super early morning workouts while the other is more of a late morning guy.

Who knows.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#28 » by fendilim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 pm

To me i think there has been a guideline from top to bottom not to say anything markelle related to take the pressure off markelle.

What i can digest though is him saying we didnt give much for markelle. If he had a positive sighting on markelle, wouldnt he be showing a positive vibe instead and have said that he is excited with markelle’s potential or we won the trade? Seems like he is down. Or maybe just the way it is being translated.

Return to Orlando Magic