ImageImageImageImage

Tropical storm

Moderators: Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, ChosenSavior

basketballRob
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,637

Tropical storm 

Post#1 » by basketballRob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:01 pm

It looks like we might have a storm coming in a couple days. The good news is appears to be going on the right side of us and we'll be on the weak side.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Re: Tropical storm 

Post#2 » by fendilim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:51 am

Keep safe
CZ Eddie
Pro Prospect
And1: 313

Post#3 » by CZ Eddie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:04 am

So the tropical storm has nothing to do with Juice jerseys, right??
Lived in Orlando eight years. Big time Magic fan. Also lived in Los Angeles, so I'm a Lakers fan. And now in Austin, TX, so I'm a Longhorns fan.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by basketballRob » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 am

CZ Eddie wrote:So the tropical storm has nothing to do with Juice jerseys, right??
Not really relevant to Magic discussion, but if you live in Florida this time of the year it's interesting.

Looks like like this one won't really effect us. I was hoping to get more water on the lawn.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#5 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:21 pm

I need more water in my pool and I don't want to pay for it. Come on Earth!
basketballRob
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 1, 2019 1:58 pm

Next two storms coming close to central Florida. The second one looks like it might become a hurricane.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5
spinedoc
General Manager
And1: 273

Post#7 » by spinedoc » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:10 pm

Oh man, this thread makes me nervous. I need an open window Labor Day weekend, going to Miami for my fantasy football draft. I've flown out of some serious stuff in the past. I think I have PTSD. :wink:
basketballRob
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:14 pm

spinedoc wrote:Oh man, this thread makes me nervous. I need an open window Labor Day weekend, going to Miami for my fantasy football draft. I've flown out of some serious stuff in the past. I think I have PTSD. :wink:

This guy shows a run where a major hurricane will hit August 9th. Not sure where he found it. I thought it was going to turn.

Popsicle1228
Sophomore
And1: 176

Post#9 » by Popsicle1228 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 2:28 pm

One thing I have learned after living in Florida for 36 years is that hurricane forecast are essentially useless with respect to where a hurricane will land, but helpful only in that they alert you to prepare. For example, I remember the hurricane that hit Panama City last year was predicted to break apart or be very weak by several meteorologist. Then two or three days later I wake up to see Panama City destroyed by a Cat 5 storm that by the way was retroactively declared a Cat 5. Secondly, when Hurricane Irma was out in the ocean, the city I live in was outside of the area of the cone that indicates the margin for error for many days. Looking at the multitude of models the storm was not supposed to hit directly until the eye went over us on September 11th 2017.

My list could go on and on, but the overarching point is that nobody knows anything. Especially the person telling you what will happen 8 days from now on August 9th.

Return to Orlando Magic