ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: UCFJayBird, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass

mrtcsm
Pro Prospect
And1: 78

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#181 » by mrtcsm » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Another video surfaces and it seems Kelle has been taking some shots recently...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/markellefultz/?hl=en

...shooting paintballs but hey, everything counts! :wink:

Guess that shoulder is feeling alright!
JBSouthpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 615

Post#182 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:36 pm

mrtcsm wrote:Another video surfaces and it seems Kelle has been taking some shots recently...

https://www.instagram.com/stories/markellefultz/?hl=en

...shooting paintballs but hey, everything counts! :wink:

Guess that shoulder is feeling alright!

Good to see him having a life.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#183 » by j-ragg » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
yoyojw17
Analyst
And1: 2,079

Post#184 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:51 pm

j-ragg wrote:I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.

It was something that was just a mystery from the beginning.... even to the player that it was occurring too. they have isolated and determined the problem.... but prior to that conspiracy theories started popping up cuz media had nothing else to do... making everything even worse for the kid and by the time the dust settles...and 100 rounds of "telephone" has been played. "Markelle Fultz is a genetically enhanced experiment with a malfunctioning arm and glitching CPu unit"

and this is why WeHam has kept their mouth shut since then. lol
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#185 » by basketballRob » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I'm pretty agnostic toward Markelle for the most part, I dunno wtf really happened with him for sure but obviously here and there some weird things happened. The only thing I never really understood was why would he have the 'yips'? I guess I could see it being the case more if he was a role player in college who was kinda starting to break out in the league. But he dominated the PAC12, had a historic freshman season numbers why. I just don't get why the next level would mentally mess with him. Doesn't keep me up at night or anything just kind of always thought about that, although never really understood yips that well in the first place.

It was something that was just a mystery from the beginning.... even to the player that it was occurring too. they have isolated and determined the problem.... but prior to that conspiracy theories started popping up cuz media had nothing else to do... making everything even worse for the kid and by the time the dust settles...and 100 rounds of "telephone" has been played. "Markelle Fultz is a genetically enhanced experiment with a malfunctioning arm and glitching CPu unit"

and this is why WeHam has kept their mouth shut since then. lol
When Embiid was out for those years, the team prohibited him from even using social media. I think that's the proper way to handle it.

I'm sure we won't here anything about Okeke either, until he's playing.

I just don't think there is some underlying reason why we're not hearing more about Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 10,579

Post#186 » by BadMofoPimp » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:11 am

I liken to musicians developing stage fright. They may start off ok but as time goes on it gets worse and worse. They can either work thru it or let their disability get the best of them. Hopefully, Fultz fight thru this and has a NBA career.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
basketballRob
Lead Assistant

Post#187 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:

I liken to musicians developing stage fright. They may start off ok but as time goes on it gets worse and worse. They can either work thru it or let their disability get the best of them. Hopefully, Fultz fight thru this and has a NBA career.
I'm sure the Magic were ahead of the curve and have a few psychologist employed.

yoyojw17
Analyst
And1: 2,079

Post#188 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 am

basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I'm sure the Magic were ahead of the curve and have a few psychologist employed.

Or there are no fears and people might just be making up the psychological repercussions. He's probably perfectly fine but just because one person said the word "Yips" and "psychological problems" during the entire debacle.... it spreads like wild fire. and with no constant updates.... it just keeps on burning and the severity might be fully overblown. Yes... he had a problem.... the confusion and misdiagnosis will drive anyone up a wall.... but doesn't mean he has some kind of PTSD from it. lol. let's just wait and see how he performs.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant

Post#189 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:33 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Or there are no fears and people might just be making up the psychological repercussions. He's probably perfectly fine but just because one person said the word "Yips" and "psychological problems" during the entire debacle.... it spreads like wild fire. and with no constant updates.... it just keeps on burning and the severity might be fully overblown. Yes... he had a problem.... the confusion and misdiagnosis will drive anyone up a wall.... but doesn't mean he has some kind of PTSD from it. lol. let's just wait and see how he performs.
Isaac went out of his way to say the Fultz has been working his but off in that Denton article today. Denton also said, JI is near 7' now. Maybe he's over 7' with shoes on.

Magic4champ
Junior
And1: 121

Post#190 » by Magic4champ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:55 am

https://www.nba.com/magic/isaac-thats-what-its-all-about-wanting-more

I think Markelle is ready to play for training camp. Can't wait for the season to start.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 674

Post#191 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:31 am

After the videos and little informations here and here, I actually will be dissapointed if he doesn't suit up for training camp.

I think he's healty, bodywie at least.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,155

Post#192 » by Jiwol » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:54 pm

He’s spent most of his off time in the gym, something that has allowed him to build a friendship and plenty of chemistry with point guard Markelle Fultz – another promising young player who could evolve into being a difference-maker this season for the Magic.

``Markelle has been working his butt off this summer,’’ Isaac said of Fultz, who is still rehabilitating his right shoulder from Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. ``I’ve gotten a chance to be in the gym with him and hang out and he’s working really hard. He’s doing what he’s got to do to be successful this season.’’
PrimeThyme
Head Coach
And1: 8,244

Post#193 » by PrimeThyme » Today 12:31 am

C'mon, I need my leaked footage fix so I can get excited again

Formerly known as: PrimeShaq
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 3,248

Post#194 » by fendilim » Today 3:20 pm

Still rehabbing.. guess he wont be ready for camp
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 5,946

Post#195 » by Knightro » 31 minutes ago

fendilim wrote:Still rehabbing.. guess he wont be ready for camp

What have you heard?

Not seeing anything like this on social media just yet.

Return to Orlando Magic