ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#21 » by paperboymafia » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:13 pm

Well, it's something! Promising. Still gonna wait and see but this is good...!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,925

Post#22 » by drsd » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:13 pm

Nightman wrote:So it doesn't look a bit off to anybody else? I'm not trying to be a party pooper but his jumper still looks a little "hitched" in the 2nd video. Could just be me.

Very strange release point. And in video one, he makes one jumper. In video two, he goes 2-3. How many did he miss on either end of these two videos ????

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#23 » by basketballRob » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:14 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
That looks like a recent one because he didn't have that hairstyle before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#24 » by paperboymafia » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

haha =)

it's gonna be fun in a few months, either you or many of us will be eating a lot of pie. humble pie.
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,719

Post#25 » by GameOver25 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:17 pm

Brb.....time for me to watch these videos 100 times in a row.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#26 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
That looks like a recent one because he didn't have that hairstyle before.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Nah it's old. You can see his shot is way different from his shot in college. Trying to avoid the part of his action that brings the pain and numbness. The recent ones look more promising. Interested to see his set shot rather than off the dribble pull up.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#27 » by j-ragg » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:20 pm

j-ragg wrote:Please try and use GIF's without cursing. Thanks! - Knightro

Party pooper
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#28 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:20 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bleacher Report just put out a link to this video...

EDIT- Oops, just saw that this video was posted earlier in the thread. My excitement got the best of me, carry on... :lol:

The opening 3pt jumper here looks pretty fluid.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#29 » by pepe1991 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:20 pm

paperboymafia wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

haha =)

it's gonna be fun in a few months, either you or many of us will be eating a lot of pie. humble pie.

I posted video from last summer on purpose.
it was same old crap like this year, some shaky camera, empty arena ,filmed with nokia 33 10 videos of him shooting just to him returning to nba without jumper.

People simply can't wrap their heads around fact that shooting in empty gym ,while guarded by nobody and shooting in game are two different things. I litearlly watched freaking Zubac shoot 3s in empty gym like he is Curry . Guy is 0-4 in his whole nba career for 3.

Matter of fact go watch shootarounds of any college/ NCAA/ G league players, they can't miss during practice. It's normal.
Best example why empty arena shooting means nothing is Stauskas, who made what? 70 out of 76 threes during summer of 2013? Nik Stauskas shot 35% for 3 in nba and is now out of nba. You can watch tape if you google it.

I would be thrilled if Fultz returns with jumper, but posting this "montage" of him shooting two shots, with third being with left hand really does nothing for me. It's like being exited that Birch can touch net. Like really? That's how low bar is set?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#30 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:22 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
paperboymafia wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

haha =)

it was same old crap like this year, some shaky camera, empty arena ,filmed with nokia 33 10 videos of him shooting just to him returning to nba without jumper.

People simply can't wrap their heads around fact that shooting in empty gym ,while guarded by nobody and shooting in game are two different things. I litearlly watched freaking Zubac shoot 3s in empty gym like he is Curry . Guy is 0-4 in his whole nba career for 3.

Matter of fact go watch shootarounds of any college/ NCAA/ G league players, they can't miss during practice. It's normal.

I would be thrilled if Fultz returns with jumper, but posting this "montage" of him shooting two shots, with third being with left hand really does nothing for me. It's like being exited that Birch can touch net. Like really? That's how low bar is set?

No, we actually have realistic expectations. You're just overreacting and putting words in peoples mouths. We get it. Call off the dogs.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#31 » by pepe1991 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:28 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
paperboymafia wrote:
haha =)

No, we actually have realistic expectations. You're just overreacting and putting words in peoples mouths. We get it. Call off the dogs.

EDIT- Please stay on topic and refrain from attacking the poster. The "Elfrid Payton" comment is uncalled for. Attack the post and not the poster.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#32 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:30 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

I love you man, you literally skip through all other comments and just go at mine.

Did Payton become championship point guard yet?

Just don't go nuts with overreactions, negativity and thinking you're the only smart basketball poster here. You don't have to teach us anything. That's all.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#33 » by Knightro » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:35 pm

Regardless of his jumper being good or bad, you can tell just by those two clips alone that Fultz brings a level of quickness, explosiveness and change of direction with the basketball in his hands that literally no one else on this team provides AT ALL.

He just can't be a completely unwilling shooter. He has to be willing to take threes/jump shots without hesitation.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#34 » by pepe1991 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:36 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

I love you man, you literally skip through all other comments and just go at mine.

Did Payton become championship point guard yet?

Just don't go nuts with overreactions, negativity and thinking you're the only smart basketball poster here. You don't have to teach us anything. That's all.

Did i say anything ? I posted video of him having same type of empty arena hype video from September of 2018, preseason started right after a video and he showed up at games with no jumper whatsoever. Matter of fact preseason AND regular season together he only attemped 20 three point attems and nobody saw him play actual basketball since.

You tell me about overreactions? People here are hyped that third year guard can shoot. isn't that definition of overreaction?
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Post#35 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:38 pm

Knightro wrote:Regardless of his jumper being good or bad, you can tell just by those two clips alone that Fultz brings a level of quickness, explosiveness and change of direction with the basketball in his hands that literally no one else on this team provides AT ALL.

He just can't be a completely unwilling shooter. He has to be willing to take threes/jump shots without hesitation.

He doesn’t have to be Steph.

Just give us a legit mid-tier starting caliber PG at 21 years of age and this team is flipped overnight.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#36 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:45 pm

Gonna side with pepe here on this one a little. I like seeing the vids because it's SOMETHING. But the video he posted from last summer where Markelle is telling Sixers fans that it's fixed and his shot is looking awesome ("Better than before" he claims in the vid) is worth mentioning as a cautionary tale.

It's great to get hyped, but we should all be cautiously optimistic at best. Until we see him doing this in a game or a scrimmage where he's legit playing and his shot looks good, we should keep our expectations low.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#37 » by Knightro » Wed Aug 7, 2019 3:47 pm

pepe1991 wrote:You tell me about overreactions? People here are hyped that third year guard can shoot. isn't that definition of overreaction?

It's the offseason, man.

The Magic haven't played a competitive basketball game in over 3 months and it's another 2 months until they play their first preseason game.

People are chomping at the bit for anything right now because there's just nothing else going on.

If Fultz stinks up the joint once things pick up, then by all means, it's open season for criticism.

But hope always springs eternal in the summer. There's no need to rain on anyone's parade in August, ya know?
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#38 » by OrlandO » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:00 pm

I want to see him shoot a free throw... that might reveal just how much he has or hasn't progressed.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#39 » by j-ragg » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:17 pm

Imagine if the vid showed a slow goofy hitch or something. Just saying, it could be plenty worse. At worst you feel neutral after seeing it. I feel a lot better about his odds of playing now.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,009

Post#40 » by Ducklett » Wed Aug 7, 2019 4:21 pm

Imagine being in this thread, cheering for the Magic, and hoping that the Magic player Markelle Fultz fails.

This board man.

Hey guys. When I was trying to learn to play guitar two years ago, I was horrible and my hands would hurt after 10 minutes of practice. I stopped for about a year, picked it back up and I can play a few songs and my fingers don't hurt. This is impossible based on the stunning conclusions by posters on this board, as if one is bad at something (shooting or guitar playing) at some point in their lives, they can never, ever learn to do it better.

Return to Orlando Magic