ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, ChosenSavior

pepe1991
General Manager
Posts: 9,488
And1: 7,660
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#81 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:59 am

thelead wrote:Here comes Pepe to tell us 41% from 3 for Fultz isn’t good while just last week he was saying that Rose shooting 33% wasn’t too bad and pretty decent.


And here comes that one person that compares college hoops to nba :nonono:

Remember when Doug McDermott averaged 27 ppg on 45% for 3 at college.
At one point Adam Morrison was like college GOAT, 28 ppg with 42,8% for 3 .

Also why don't you explain, if 41% at college is so massive and indicator of greatness when it comes to shooting why Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Winslow can't replicate it to NBA, since all 3 shot 41% for 3 at college.

I really can't wait to hear explanation :D


btw i said , and i qoute myself " his ( Rose ) 3 ball wasn't that bad , if you take in considiration that during that year average 3 point attemps were 18 a game and league's average was 34,9% ".
But whatever fits your agenda to go at me :lol:
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 56,072
And1: 10,974
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#82 » by Howard Mass » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:14 am

Encouraging signs.

However, Markelle Fultz needs to show this consistently and be healthy psychically and psychologically for a whole season.

For now, all signs do look good and given how The Magic made no moves at point guard other than signing Josh Magette to a Two-Way, you can only feel good or cautiously optimistic at this point if you are a Magic fan.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 26,839
And1: 3,950
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#83 » by drsd » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:10 am

Howard Mass wrote:... Markelle Fultz needs to ... be healthy ... psychologically for a whole season.


This is a major, major point. Well stated!


..
The Real Dalic
RealGM
Posts: 14,039
And1: 3,802
Joined: Nov 22, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
         

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#84 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:49 am

Def Swami wrote:
j-ragg wrote:So the guy deleted the vids and wrote this. Weird.
Read on Twitter

That's weird. Fultz's camp probably told him to take them down. They're being very deliberate about the information that comes out about Fultz. Either it's to temper expectations or protect him against the detractors.

My thoughts exactly.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
Posts: 14,039
And1: 3,802
Joined: Nov 22, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
         

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#85 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:54 am

fklt wrote:I'm excited by the fact that we have an x factor that can be a difference maker on our team. but if you guys followed fultz story closely before he joined magic you know videos like this don't mean much. he has highlight reels from real nba games already.

don't understand the hostility towards pepe on this. let's just wait until we can see him on the court and then we can either all rejoice or hug sixers fans sharing their pain together.

The things for me is the fact that some just like to be a killjoy or pessimist when it isn't needed. If you aren't excited, cool. You can even post in here and say you're not excited. But when the posts become "why are you so excited? He's shown nothing" is where it just gets a little annoying. It's the summer. We all miss the Magic and need reasons to be hyped and excited while we wait.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
Posts: 14,039
And1: 3,802
Joined: Nov 22, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
         

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#86 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:58 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:People simply can't wrap their heads around fact that shooting in empty gym ,while guarded by nobody and shooting in game are two different things. I litearlly watched freaking Zubac shoot 3s in empty gym like he is Curry . Guy is 0-4 in his whole nba career for 3.


Matter of fact go watch shootarounds of any college/ NCAA/ G league players, they can't miss during practice. It's normal.
Best example why empty arena shooting means nothing is Stauskas, who made what? 70 out of 76 threes during summer of 2013? Nik Stauskas shot 35% for 3 in nba and is now out of nba. You can watch tape if you google it.

I would be thrilled if Fultz returns with jumper, but posting this "montage" of him shooting two shots, with third being with left hand really does nothing for me. It's like being exited that Birch can touch net. Like really? That's how low bar is set?


Just a couple things:
1. Even though he's playing against some scrubs, he's not shooting alone in a gym. He's practicing real-time shots against defenders.
2. This isn't a montage, it's an unedited clip of 3 shots. 2 looked smooth and went in, 1 was a lefty floater thing that missed. I'd also be skeptical if we saw 3 shots with 3 cuts in the clip, but this isn't that.
3. Just those 2 shots look smoother than any of his other NBA shots (aka something is different/improved).

We still need to see some FTs, but this is much different than those videos last summer of him shooting unguarded with Drew Hanlan.

He also didn't want to get this video out there. I think he's trying to temper expectations. Last time he did a video he tried to hype up the fanbase. This seems like a genuine attempt to get back on the court as well as improve his jumper.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
Posts: 14,039
And1: 3,802
Joined: Nov 22, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
         

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#87 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:04 am

SOUL wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't care about these videos? He could be making 100 in a row or missing 100, I just want him to get minutes during the season and not be hampered by his injury (?), as well as to be involved in normal team activities when training camp starts.

The only reason I'm excited is because it shows a real possibility of him being healthy and ready to play by the time training camp comes around. I only want to see him on the court. We don't need an elite shooter from him. Just need him to do what he's best at. Just need him to make plays for others and get to the basket.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,078
And1: 1,637
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#88 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 8, 2019 11:08 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
j-ragg wrote:So the guy deleted the vids and wrote this. Weird.
Read on Twitter

That's weird. Fultz's camp probably told him to take them down. They're being very deliberate about the information that comes out about Fultz. Either it's to temper expectations or protect him against the detractors.

My thoughts exactly.

The Philly fans were very hateful and he said, I could see why Fultz didn't want to be there with fans that act like that. He also said, he had to mute a bunch of people. Then he mocked them by saying the Magic got a steal and he's going to be a star.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 23,551
And1: 11,648
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#89 » by thelead » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:19 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
thelead wrote:Here comes Pepe to tell us 41% from 3 for Fultz isn’t good while just last week he was saying that Rose shooting 33% wasn’t too bad and pretty decent.


And here comes that one person that compares college hoops to nba :nonono:

Remember when Doug McDermott averaged 27 ppg on 45% for 3 at college.
At one point Adam Morrison was like college GOAT, 28 ppg with 42,8% for 3 .

Also why don't you explain, if 41% at college is so massive and indicator of greatness when it comes to shooting why Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Winslow can't replicate it to NBA, since all 3 shot 41% for 3 at college.

I really can't wait to hear explanation :D


btw i said , and i qoute myself " his ( Rose ) 3 ball wasn't that bad , if you take in considiration that during that year average 3 point attemps were 18 a game and league's average was 34,9% ".
But whatever fits your agenda to go at me :lol:

I would actually read your argument if you didn’t bash EVERYTHING about this kid. You have put yourself in a position where you hope he fails just so you can say you were right. Great fan move :roll:
Image
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,078
And1: 1,637
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#90 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:25 pm

thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
thelead wrote:Here comes Pepe to tell us 41% from 3 for Fultz isn’t good while just last week he was saying that Rose shooting 33% wasn’t too bad and pretty decent.


And here comes that one person that compares college hoops to nba :nonono:

Remember when Doug McDermott averaged 27 ppg on 45% for 3 at college.
At one point Adam Morrison was like college GOAT, 28 ppg with 42,8% for 3 .

Also why don't you explain, if 41% at college is so massive and indicator of greatness when it comes to shooting why Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Winslow can't replicate it to NBA, since all 3 shot 41% for 3 at college.

I really can't wait to hear explanation :D


btw i said , and i qoute myself " his ( Rose ) 3 ball wasn't that bad , if you take in considiration that during that year average 3 point attemps were 18 a game and league's average was 34,9% ".
But whatever fits your agenda to go at me

I would actually read your argument if you didn’t bash EVERYTHING about this kid. You have put yourself in a position where you hope he fails just so you can say you were right. Great fan move :roll:
It started last year when he wanted the Magic to trade Bamba or Isaac for DSJ and not trade for Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
OrlChamps2030
Head Coach
Posts: 6,908
And1: 3,481
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
   

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#91 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:53 pm

Never heard of this guy.

I’m forward to seeing how he does in training camp in September.
pepe1991
General Manager
Posts: 9,488
And1: 7,660
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#92 » by pepe1991 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:19 pm

basketballRob wrote:
thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
And here comes that one person that compares college hoops to nba :nonono:

Remember when Doug McDermott averaged 27 ppg on 45% for 3 at college.
At one point Adam Morrison was like college GOAT, 28 ppg with 42,8% for 3 .

Also why don't you explain, if 41% at college is so massive and indicator of greatness when it comes to shooting why Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Winslow can't replicate it to NBA, since all 3 shot 41% for 3 at college.

I really can't wait to hear explanation :D


btw i said , and i qoute myself " his ( Rose ) 3 ball wasn't that bad , if you take in considiration that during that year average 3 point attemps were 18 a game and league's average was 34,9% ".
But whatever fits your agenda to go at me

I would actually read your argument if you didn’t bash EVERYTHING about this kid. You have put yourself in a position where you hope he fails just so you can say you were right. Great fan move :roll:
It started last year when he wanted the Magic to trade Bamba or Isaac for DSJ and not trade for Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app


I thought Fultz is busting out before he was traded to Orlando. Before TOS and everything.
That's factual and i can even copy past my posts about him in "around the league" thread.

Before Fultz trade , Dennis Smith JR trade still made sense for Magic because they arleady had logjam at PF-C.
Year later and things are even worst when it comes to PF position.

I said lot of times, here on OPP and whenever i post anything basketball related. I don't judge players based on team they play this year. I find that being too subjective and narrow minded. Therfore there are players i really don't like outside my favorite teams ( Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Payton, Jah Okafor....) and players i like ( Leonard, Jamal Murray, Middleton, Dončić...).
Talking about me being wrong or right about things and "eating crows" or whatever, there are posters here who claimed that Dončić is less athletic Hezonja, last summer. Didn't see them eating their portion :lol:
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 21,906
And1: 7,399
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#93 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:20 pm

thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
thelead wrote:Here comes Pepe to tell us 41% from 3 for Fultz isn’t good while just last week he was saying that Rose shooting 33% wasn’t too bad and pretty decent.


And here comes that one person that compares college hoops to nba :nonono:

Remember when Doug McDermott averaged 27 ppg on 45% for 3 at college.
At one point Adam Morrison was like college GOAT, 28 ppg with 42,8% for 3 .

Also why don't you explain, if 41% at college is so massive and indicator of greatness when it comes to shooting why Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Winslow can't replicate it to NBA, since all 3 shot 41% for 3 at college.

I really can't wait to hear explanation :D


btw i said , and i qoute myself " his ( Rose ) 3 ball wasn't that bad , if you take in considiration that during that year average 3 point attemps were 18 a game and league's average was 34,9% ".
But whatever fits your agenda to go at me :lol:

I would actually read your argument if you didn’t bash EVERYTHING about this kid. You have put yourself in a position where you hope he fails just so you can say you were right. Great fan move :roll:
while using two of the absolute WORST examples... Adam Morrison?... Dougie Fresh is currently shooting 40% from 3 in the NBA...
User avatar
paperboymafia
Veteran
Posts: 2,833
And1: 363
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Switzerland
Contact:
   

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#94 » by paperboymafia » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:45 pm

Adam Morrison bust because he was a misfit in the NBA as far as character goes. Lost confidence the more out of place he felt.
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 8,254
And1: 4,591
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#95 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:53 pm

basketballRob wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
Def Swami wrote:That's weird. Fultz's camp probably told him to take them down. They're being very deliberate about the information that comes out about Fultz. Either it's to temper expectations or protect him against the detractors.

My thoughts exactly.

The Philly fans were very hateful and he said, I could see why Fultz didn't want to be there with fans that act like that. He also said, he had to mute a bunch of people. Then he mocked them by saying the Magic got a steal and he's going to be a star.


Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app



No surprise.

I can’t recall 76ers fans living up (or down really) to the bar of Eagles fans but Philly in general is known for some of the most disgusting sports fans in existence ... of the States at least.

Hopefully fans here offer more of a positive environment. It’s still a game and he makes millions to do it so that can’t last forever but some need to at least wait until he actually suits up before attacking the kid.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,078
And1: 1,637
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#96 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 8, 2019 3:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
thelead wrote:I would actually read your argument if you didn’t bash EVERYTHING about this kid. You have put yourself in a position where you hope he fails just so you can say you were right. Great fan move :roll:
It started last year when he wanted the Magic to trade Bamba or Isaac for DSJ and not trade for Fultz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app


I thought Fultz is busting out before he was traded to Orlando. Before TOS and everything.
That's factual and i can even copy past my posts about him in "around the league" thread.

Before Fultz trade , Dennis Smith JR trade still made sense for Magic because they arleady had logjam at PF-C.
Year later and things are even worst when it comes to PF position.

I said lot of times, here on OPP and whenever i post anything basketball related. I don't judge players based on team they play this year. I find that being too subjective and narrow minded. Therfore there are players i really don't like outside my favorite teams ( Jackson, Lonzo Ball, Payton, Jah Okafor....) and players i like ( Leonard, Jamal Murray, Middleton, Dončić...).
Talking about me being wrong or right about things and "eating crows" or whatever, there are posters here who claimed that Dončić is less athletic Hezonja, last summer. Didn't see them eating their portion
Yes I admit I thought Morrison was the next Larry Bird. It's fun trying to get you to admit you were wrong once in a while.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Ducklett
Starter
Posts: 2,350
And1: 1,458
Joined: Jul 17, 2012

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#97 » by Ducklett » Thu Aug 8, 2019 4:49 pm

Didn't Adam Morrison wash out of the league because he played 0 defense and was less athletic than me, as well as his diabetes making it more and more difficult for him to play long stretches of time as he aged. They said he had seizure-like symptoms if he played for like 30+ minutes.

He also had some 30 point games, if I remember correctly.
basketballRob
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,078
And1: 1,637
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#98 » by basketballRob » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:18 pm

Ducklett wrote:Didn't Adam Morrison wash out of the league because he played 0 defense and was less athletic than me, as well as his diabetes making it more and more difficult for him to play long stretches of time as he aged. They said he had seizure-like symptoms if he played for like 30+ minutes.

He also had some 30 point games, if I remember correctly.
Yes I got that one wrong. I think a lot of people were high on him for some reason. If I remember right, him and JJ Redick were the top two college stars that year, and they were both filling up the stat sheet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Magic_Johnny12
General Manager
Posts: 8,558
And1: 6,005
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Contact:
       

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#99 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:31 pm

PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
User avatar
rcklsscognition
RealGM
Posts: 21,268
And1: 6,541
Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Contact:
 

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#100 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Aug 8, 2019 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter


Image

Is that 2nd video of Fultz old?
Image

Return to Orlando Magic