ImageImageImageImage

FIBA World Cup

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Re: FIBA World Cup 

Post#21 » by pepe1991 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 3:34 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Fournier carried France and they barely survived a not good Germany side. Evan's teammates looked really shaky down the stretch other than Gobert. De Colo, Albicy, Batum all missed open looks and/or made errors.

They have no real PGs
Ntkilina isn't that, Evan and Decolo prefer off guard position more
But oh man their defense is elite
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#22 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Sep 2, 2019 7:43 am

pepe1991 wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:Fournier carried France and they barely survived a not good Germany side. Evan's teammates looked really shaky down the stretch other than Gobert. De Colo, Albicy, Batum all missed open looks and/or made errors.

They have no real PGs

You summed it up perfectly.

We pretty much destroyed them the first 7 minutes , with Germany shooting 0/14 with... 0 point on board.
We took numerous times a 20+ lead then we let them come back.
De colo was atrocious , we are lucky Fournier is READY to ball already. With Mbaye who had his carrer game.
we have issues at pg yes , albicy is not enough goood at shooting and ntilikina..is not good at all.
De colo will do better I'm sure.

But yes , when the defense is focus man oh man...block party.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#23 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 8:46 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

They have no real PGs

We pretty much destroyed them the first 7 minutes , with Germany shooting 0/14 with... 0 point on board.
De colo was atrocious , we are lucky Fournier is READY to ball already. With Mbaye who had his carrer game.
we have issues at pg yes , albicy is not enough goood at shooting and ntilikina..is not good at all.

Decolo subs in and first thing he tried was no look pass that ended up like 3 meters away from target :lol:

Germany scoring 4 points in first quater was just epic 8-)
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#24 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Sep 2, 2019 8:48 am

What about Serbia ...they are there to annilihate every form of life...
bogdanovic is moonwalking on the court ..and jokic-marjanovic destroying the defense's dignity.

Huge favorites for me, I rate them higher than USA man they are tall and good.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#25 » by RookieStar » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:02 am

Hows our boy Aminu?
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#26 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Sep 2, 2019 11:44 am

Nigeria is a mess.
The coach is a disgrace he's playing an old fat IKE DIOGU over ekpe udoh...aminu didn't took a lot of shots.
they have a strong team but pooor coaching and systems.
agustin1981-ARG
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#27 » by agustin1981-ARG » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:22 pm

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!

I´m always reading the Magic forum I learn a lot
Sorry for my english is like France without PG or Simmons last season :D

Aminu played today against my national team and he was meh...on defense regular to good but offensively struggled.
Nigeria played very messy

Former Magic Patricio Garino (17 pts) is growing his basketball the last 2 years playing in Spain.

Argentina team is rebuilding, without our legends, very difficult to replace such a unforfiven talented players but we have our old man Scola (former Rockets) he´s now the 2nd player with more points in history of the World Cup and PG Campazzo a player that one time deserves an NBA opportunity. And very good young players with a lot to groom but maybe not stars or NBA players in the future. But we play tough and like a really FIBA team.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#28 » by AdamTheGreek » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:11 am

Scola kicked Amino's ass, he wrecked Nigeria. If Tunisia qualify to the 2nd round from their group, I believe Nigeria is automatically eliminated from the 2020 Olympics since they're already eliminated from the FIBA World Cup.

Tomorrow's a busy morning for our Magic men.

Montenegro has to beat New Zealand to stay alive for progression to the 2nd group stage. Montenegro should win, but Vooch could use a confidence booster.

Canada has to beat Lithuania to stay alive. It's Khem Birch v. Valanciunas and Domantas Sabonis. Lithuania is the better squad and Cory Joseph is really going to have to exert himself for them to stand a chance.

France should blow out Jordan. Fournier should not have to play much.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#29 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 8:57 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

They have no real PGs

Yea 1st Quarter as a german was frustrating lol Gobert was the kryptonite for Schröder.
But you have seen the weaknesses of france too. Like y'all said PG play but you have seen again Gobert got no Lowpost moves at all & had trouble to score. France had no answers against Germany's switching defense too.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#30 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 10:36 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:
MagicFrenchie wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
They have no real PGs

Yea 1st Quarter as a german was frustrating lol Gobert was the kryptonite for Schröder.
But you have seen the weaknesses of france too. Like y'all said PG play but you have seen again Gobert got no Lowpost moves at all & had trouble to score. France had no answers against Germany's switching defense too.

Cs like Gobert are monsters on defense in FIBA rules because they don't need to leave paint.
BUT Cs like Gobert on offense are as limited as it gets for same reasons they are unstoppable on defense under FIBA rules.

Where in nba he has wide pick&roll with spread offense and shooters and his defender has to leave him wide open for no particular raeson but to make it easier for guard to drive, under FIBA his defender never leaves him and there is enough space to draw defense away from him. And he can't shoot to make them pay if they leave him open 8-12 feet away from rim.

I have to give some props to Tomas Satoransky, guy looked great in both games so far.
Hachimura had nice game today.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#31 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:08 am

Gobert also got worked up by dopping agency

Rudy Gobert

@rudygobert27
Got woke up this morning for a doping control( BLOOD and urine), the morning after a late game when i could sleep more. No respect for the player’s recovery time. Terrible way of doing things @FIBA .

3:58 AM - Sep 2, 2019

can somebody tell him that dopping tests are independent from umberalla of organisation ? :lol:
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#32 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Sep 3, 2019 12:21 pm

I will ;)
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#33 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Sep 3, 2019 12:21 pm

Nice game between turkey and US coming up, first real test for the 'mericans.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#34 » by j-ragg » Tue Sep 3, 2019 12:43 pm

Harrison Barnes is so useless for this team. He’s just been a spot up shooter that can’t shoot (so far).
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#35 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:53 pm

Man this was THE game.
Enjoyed every second of it.
MagicFrenchie
Senior

Post#36 » by MagicFrenchie » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:58 pm

First real test for USA and first faill, they should have loss
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#37 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:08 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:First real test for USA and first faill, they should have loss

Very true. If it weren’t for Turkey shooting .61% from the free throw line, they would have won.

Turkey played their asses off and their coach did a great job. Props to them.

For those that didn’t watch, Tatum rolled his left ankle. We’ll see how long he is out but early reports are he was walking without a limp not long after.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#38 » by NavalAviator94 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Man this was THE game.
Enjoyed every second of it.

It really was a fun game to watch. Right down to the last seconds of overtime.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#39 » by pepe1991 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:23 pm

Kemba and Michell ( and many , many other smaller players) are only stars because NBA does not allow Cs to stay in paint.

When you take away their driving , all they have is foul baits( that they failed at so far at WC) , mid range shots that are predictable because there is no way that Walker will go all the way at rim because he will get blocked by center who stands there and some spot up and off dribble 3s.

I love how Turkey treated Turner. Every single nba team should take notes. There is virtually zero reason to guard center at 3 point line. Any center. Including Lopez. They simply won't make enough of them to be worth dragging your 7 footer from heart of your defense.

Turner made more than three 3s TWICE whole last season, 8 times he made more than 2 threes. Odds are he will at most take 6 threes and make 2. You can live with that, but you can't live with your paint being without anybody to guard layups. That's why i never understood some Magic fans complaning about Vučević or Birch staying "home". Why leave ? Is there any center in the universe that will drop 6 threes on you every night if you don't guard him ? Not really. Most of them have enough volumen to make 2 , if they are hot.

In general nba made rules to benefit ballhandlers to give them driving lines and get to FT line to oblivion ( Harden...), they also made defense weaker to allow teams to score more points to be more interesting to casual fans.
I get all that and why they made it, but it's fun to see somebody who averages 18-22 ppg in NBA ( like Mitchell, Walker, Barnes) struggle to score 10 points when rules are not all lined up in their favor, against team that objectivlly is much worst than their.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#40 » by Furinkazan » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:55 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Kemba and Michell ( and many , many other smaller players) are only stars because NBA does not allow Cs to stay in paint.

When you take away their driving , all they have is foul baits( that they failed at so far at WC) , mid range shots that are predictable because there is no way that Walker will go all the way at rim because he will get blocked by center who stands there and some spot up and off dribble 3s.

I love how Turkey treated Turner. Every single nba team should take notes. There is virtually zero reason to guard center at 3 point line. Any center. Including Lopez. They simply won't make enough of them to be worth dragging your 7 footer from heart of your defense.

Turner made more than three 3s TWICE whole last season, 8 times he made more than 2 threes. Odds are he will at most take 6 threes and make 2. You can live with that, but you can't live with your paint being without anybody to guard layups. That's why i never understood some Magic fans complaning about Vučević or Birch staying "home". Why leave ? Is there any center in the universe that will drop 6 threes on you every night if you don't guard him ? Not really. Most of them have enough volumen to make 2 , if they are hot.

In general nba made rules to benefit ballhandlers to give them driving lines and get to FT line to oblivion ( Harden...), they also made defense weaker to allow teams to score more points to be more interesting to casual fans.
I get all that and why they made it, but it's fun to see somebody who averages 18-22 ppg in NBA ( like Mitchell, Walker, Barnes) struggle to score 10 points when rules are not all lined up in their favor, against team that objectivlly is much worst than their.

amen to that

Return to Orlando Magic