ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 2,759
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1001 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:23 pm

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Knightro wrote:There are a lot of rumblings out there that Oklahoma City is going to blow it up and rebuild.

Can't imagine Donovan was super thrilled about the prospect of having to navigate that. Seems like the split was amicable.


OKC didn't pass first round of playoffs since Durant left them in 2016.

Imo they refused to rebuild because how small market they are. After all, we talk about franchise who traded Harden to save $4M :lol:

well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.


It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 29,867
And1: 10,765
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1002 » by tiderulz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
OKC didn't pass first round of playoffs since Durant left them in 2016.

Imo they refused to rebuild because how small market they are. After all, we talk about franchise who traded Harden to save $4M :lol:

well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.


It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.


we dont know if Presti took Hennigans choice or his own though.
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 2,759
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1003 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 2:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:well, when you build your team around a superstar and that star leaves, the team always falls off. with Russ as their best player afterwards and a limited offense, they still made the playoffs in the west every year (especially this past year). Yes, they got bounced, but their front office didnt do Billy any favors.


It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.


we dont know if Presti took Hennigans choice or his own though.


oh absolutely, just funny because we all knew Hennigan had a solid eye for talent just wasn't the best at putting it together and then end of tenure panic traded
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 29,867
And1: 10,765
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1004 » by tiderulz » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
It’s a funny thing with OKC because they also have Adams 4/100M in a league that doesn’t value the C position. Vuc is clearly better than Adams but it’s still a solid amount in a spot that’s not as valued.

They nailed the SGA pick and Dort looks like a steal right now if he can continue. Solid scouting I’d say so far, oh Hi Hennigan.

They also have a haul of 1st round picks for the next few years to move around if needed. CP3 trade bait as a star-ish and will likely get a solid haul for him even if his contract is massive. Someone (Milwaukee, Knicks) is going to panic trade.

The big thing I’m waiting to see from this FO is to make that big move. This seems to be the year to do that due to Isaac injury and our cap strapped issues. Swing for a double at some point and stop bunting things down the line.


we dont know if Presti took Hennigans choice or his own though.


oh absolutely, just funny because we all knew Hennigan had a solid eye for talent just wasn't the best at putting it together and then end of tenure panic traded

well, he was also doing horrible free agent signings.
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 2,759
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1005 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:59 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
we dont know if Presti took Hennigans choice or his own though.


oh absolutely, just funny because we all knew Hennigan had a solid eye for talent just wasn't the best at putting it together and then end of tenure panic traded

well, he was also doing horrible free agent signings.

the Biyombo deal was a playoff fools gold that's for sure. It was a mix of a terrible contract on a team that was exact opposite of Toronto. What could go wrong :lol: :lol:
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 2,795
And1: 875
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1006 » by The Effect » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:42 pm

I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 46,223
And1: 10,887
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1007 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 9, 2020 10:19 pm

The Effect wrote:I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen


I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 2,795
And1: 875
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1008 » by The Effect » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:04 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
The Effect wrote:I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen


I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.

Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship
Driguez
General Manager
Posts: 9,519
And1: 1,962
Joined: Jul 01, 2005
Location: Impartial
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1009 » by Driguez » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:58 am

What a game between the Celtics and Raps. Wow
"We all we got"- SVG
User avatar
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,765
And1: 496
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
Location: Retire #25!
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1010 » by TheGlyde » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 am

Driguez wrote:What a game between the Celtics and Raps. Wow


Have to admit, in a game/series where I wish there was a way they could both lose... It was some high quality ball with some huge plays.

The 3 teams left in the East may be my least favourite 3 :lol:

And then you have the effing Lakers on the other side lol...

Ugh... The Clippers are my only hope :dontknow:
Orlando Magic Historian
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 19,721
And1: 2,117
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1011 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:32 am

Watching the Cs vs raps game really makes me sad to think just how far we are from being a decent team

It's a whole different level of

Coaching
Skill
Execution
Effort
And mental toughness.

We are just soooo far away
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,142
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1012 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:47 am

Raptors - Celtics is classic
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,367
And1: 7,154
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1013 » by Skin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:22 am

The Effect wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
The Effect wrote:I still remember how crazy this board went when we signed biyombo. I dont think ive ever seen that level of excitement from this board, you would think we just signed Lebron in his prime or something. Strangest thing id ever seen


I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.

Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,142
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1014 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 am

Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
I hated him before we signed him. He was fools gold a mile away. I still can't believe people wanted a player who was a scrub for 5 years based only off 2 or 3 good games the guy had in the playoffs.

Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:


Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
zaymon
Starter
Posts: 2,331
And1: 1,249
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1015 » by zaymon » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:


Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.

Actually his salary is removed from our books becouse of a carrier ending injury
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,142
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1016 » by pepe1991 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:38 am

zaymon wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:


Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.

Actually his salary is removed from our books becouse of a carrier ending injury


He has contract with Khimki but didn't play as season ended in Russia. It's stil unclear can he play. if he loggs 1 min of playing, he is back in paybooks
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 28,175
And1: 4,536
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1017 » by drsd » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

I cannot wait for the Heat-Clippers final.

Kawhi Leonard vs. Jimmy Butler. What a classic that would be. I say this as I think the Heat and the Clippers are the two best post-season teams right now.


..
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,869
And1: 2,375
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1018 » by cedric76 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm

drsd wrote:I cannot wait for the Heat-Clippers final.

Kawhi Leonard vs. Jimmy Butler. What a classic that would be. I say this as I think the Heat and the Clippers are the two best post-season teams right now.


..



As long as ledouche doesn't win the title i ll be happy with any finalist
Prediction : weham will draft AARON NESMITH

AG for Johnson+culver+#17
use #17 to gamble on kopusevski (keep him oversee)


**** load of money under the cap for summer 2021

Core of the Future: Fultz, culver, chuma, JI, Mo, Kopusevski and AARON NESMITH
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,367
And1: 7,154
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1019 » by Skin » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:15 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:
The Effect wrote:Yeah it was one of the most mindblowing things ive seen on this board

The guy was the most literal, text book definition of a scrub and yet he had one good stretch against the cavs in the playoffs and all of a sudden many on this board were ready to trade Vuc and build the whole team around him.
Its hilarious, all i remember from that thread was the "i love you henny" posts and the insane about of "!!!111!1!!"

I honestly dont think people would of been that excited if we actually won a championship

It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:


Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.

Nah, just goes to show that the Magic failed to build a cohesive working roster. Biyombo was a critical piece coming from a legitimate contender. I only liked the move as a precedence for future moves. Not some final piece.

You can't just throw cement against the wall and hope it sticks. If Biyombo was truly truly brought here to come off the bench behind Vuc or play alongside Vuc at the 4 then the Magic really were dumb as rocks.
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 2,795
And1: 875
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1020 » by The Effect » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:38 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Skin wrote:It was driven way more by the hatred for Vucevic than a love for Biyombo. I don't think anyone should ever forget that.

I saw it as a potential exit for Vuc, but neeeeope! lol. :falloff:


Just goes to show you how irrational fans are and how irrelevant their opinoins should be when decisions are made.
Biyombo is one of least talented Magic players in history. His contract strangled Magic for years, after Mozgov trade, as direct result of Biyombo's contract, we still have 2 more years to pay his streach provision. :banghead:
Disaster. Whooping disaster.

Nah, just goes to show that the Magic failed to build a cohesive working roster. Biyombo was a critical piece coming from a legitimate contender. I only liked the move as a precedence for future moves. Not some final piece.

You can't just throw cement against the wall and hope it sticks. If Biyombo was truly truly brought here to come off the bench behind Vuc or play alongside Vuc at the 4 then the Magic really were dumb as rocks.


That probably wasnt the intent. He was likely brought in to be the starter....then henny and vogal realized just how **** of a player he was and that it would be impossible to start him and be successful and stuck with vuc. Same mistake they made with ibaka
Brought him in to be the star defender, realized early on that was a mistake and went back to AG. I just wish they hadnt given up so much for him and then gotten so little in return

Return to Orlando Magic