ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#121 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:42 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255748/Kings-Offer-Buddy-Hield-Four-Year-$90M-Extension

Hield is seeking a four-year deal worth $110 million.

Hield is prepared to play out the season and test restricted free agency if the Kings don't move off their offer.

Sign-and-Trade. Do it WeHam!

DJ, Evan, AG, Bamba and picks are on the table in talks.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#122 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255748/Kings-Offer-Buddy-Hield-Four-Year-$90M-Extension

Hield is prepared to play out the season and test restricted free agency if the Kings don't move off their offer.

I'd trade any combination of those guys except AG for Buddy.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#123 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255748/Kings-Offer-Buddy-Hield-Four-Year-$90M-Extension

I'd trade any combination of those guys except AG for Buddy.

AG is fair game for me if need be but given they have Bagley at PF and Barnes at SF he may not be of much interest to them.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#124 » by j-ragg » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:13 pm

I think they’d rather just re-sign him.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#125 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:27 am

j-ragg wrote:I think they’d rather just re-sign him.

They offered him $90M, what is there to think about? Of course they would rather just re-sign him!

But he wants quite a bit more than that + they also just made a big offer to Bogdanovic and have Fox / Bagley surely getting max extensions in the next 1-2 years.

How much are they willing to increase their offer given Bogdanovic plays the same position?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#126 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:49 am

It still hurts to think about Trae Young and what he would have looked like on this roster next to Isaac/AG.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#127 » by MoMM » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:52 am

That's a lot of money, I wouldn't offer 90 to him, imagine 110 that he wants!

Hield is not so young, we just think he is because he didn't come early to the NBA, but he is just 2 months younger than Evan as matter of fact.
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#128 » by NavalAviator94 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:21 am

pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
Bakomagic wrote:
“Just play basketball and stfu” naw.... I don’t know where you are from but Lebron is an American citizen in America he and all Americans are afforded the right to speak there mind even if you don’t agree with what he is saying.

It’s ironic that you are posing as being on the side of fighting oppression while trying to suppress Lebron’s freedom of speech.

I was trying to understand why Pepe's comments ticked me off so much and you nailed it here.

Saying Morey, who supported Hong Kong - who are in legit fear of losing civil rights- is uneducated and not distancing himself from China and comunist society that is based about suppressing civil rights and democracy , yet posting on twitter months ago how and i qoute "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" is pure exhibit of hypocrisy. So yes, he has every right to speak his mind, but he also only cares about social issues as long as they don't affect his wallet. And being one of the richest athletes in the world, yet still being such a hypocrit just to protect sweet China-money speaks volumens of him as person.

To him human rights only matter when he has nothing to lose. But in a second he has money to lose ,he'll back off. Who cares that that people have lifes to lose being trapped in concentrational camps to " re -educate them" as long as China gives his beloved Nike place where they can pay their workes $3 a day?

I'm from middle Europe and country that escaped comunism 25 years ago. Every person who lived under a comunist boot will tell you how much of a hell it is. Imagine going home one day where you worked whole life for your house,car and land to be told to go kick rocks as nothing is no longer yours but it all belongs to party. And if you say anything about party, you will spend 20 years on infamous "naked island" doing worst jobs possible . And no, there is nothing funny about "naked islands" , it was nickname for island without threes where prisoners would work 18 hours a day , whole year. Temperature over summer was 86 degrees Fahrenheit and in winter 35.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Why it was important that there was no threes? So they couldn't hide from sun at any point. For welcome on island you would first be beaten like animal, than ones who guards thought didn't get enough, would have to go through "blood walkthrough" for additional beating.

So yes, Lebron has every right to speak whatever he wants, he also alraedy used his right to be clueless, arrogant about subject that prefers staying ignorant in face of reality because it makes him extra money that he really does not need.
But ,like many people , i have every right to call him spineless , corporate dull , tool.

And i don't want to hear that " what he should say ,it's lose lose for him" . how about saying what's right : "as a black athlete who faced uphill battle my whole life to get where i am today, i belive every person has a right to choose what's best for him" . if that triggers China policy maybe you shouldn't work with these people to being with ?

For God's sake there were people during a game wearing mask in stands because they are afraid that the Chinese government will imprisoned them!

+100

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#129 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:19 pm

MoMM wrote:That's a lot of money, I wouldn't offer 90 to him, imagine 110 that he wants!

Hield is not so young, we just think he is because he didn't come early to the NBA, but he is just 2 months younger than Evan as matter of fact.

Which is why he MIGHT become available. But look at his shooting numbers compared to Evan. He is far superior and we will need that if Fultz takes over at PG as I hope he does soon.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#130 » by pepe1991 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Hield is one of top 5 best pure shooters out there.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,361

Post#131 » by Knightro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Read on Twitter

As part of this extension, Beal cannot be traded for a minimum of 6 months now.

So that eliminates him as a possible deadline acquisition.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#132 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:54 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
MoMM wrote:That's a lot of money, I wouldn't offer 90 to him, imagine 110 that he wants!

Which is why he MIGHT become available. But look at his shooting numbers compared to Evan. He is far superior and we will need that if Fultz takes over at PG as I hope he does soon.

DJ/Fultz
Hield/Ross
JI/Iwundu
AG/Aminu
Vuc/Birch

Is a solid rotation if we'd trade Evan, Bamba, and a pick for Hield. Fultz could even start in this scenario because Hield would space the floor and let Fultz get whatever he wants in the lane. Don't think WeHam would move Bamba though (although they should) but Sac could want him since they just brought in Dedmon and Bamba could start next year after he continues to develop in the back-up role.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#133 » by Jiwol » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

As part of this extension, Beal cannot be traded for a minimum of 6 months now.

So that eliminates him as a possible deadline acquisition.

Loser...
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#134 » by j-ragg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:17 pm

I’d easily give him the 110 if I’m Sac. Him and Fox are the future. Bagley has a while until his next contract. Plus Bogdan off the bench, it’s a solid core.

The dumb part was giving a bunch of role players (mainly Barnes, I like Dedmon) so much money this offseason.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#135 » by ezzzp » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:33 pm

j-ragg wrote:I’d easily give him the 110 if I’m Sac. Him and Fox are the future. Bagley has a while until his next contract. Plus Bogdan off the bench, it’s a solid core.

The dumb part was giving a bunch of role players (mainly Barnes, I like Dedmon) so much money this offseason.

In Sacramento context, I would pay him. His shooting takes so much pressure off of Fox and is key to the spacing needed to play their style of bb. The contract keeps him in Sac over his peak prime 27-30.

I kind of see why Sacramento is playing hard ball though. The free agent class next summer is weak, but there is an extremely low amount of cap space around the NBA next summer, and that was before the China incident - which might lessen it even more. Ultimately they have capacity to match any amount and keep him...they just have to maintain a good relationship through the negotiations as they don't want him to opt into his QO which makes him an UFA the following offseason.

The most critical part of a rebuild is when rookie scale contracts transition into real NBA contracts. Losing games is the easy part. It becomes a nightmare for GM's when they have clusters of those types of rookie contracts all ripening in a clump. That's were most rebuilds fall apart and make their first major mistake. GM's show their true worth on how they are able to perform in those transitional negotiations and evaluations of real NBA game samples.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#136 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:33 am

Porzingis tonight looks like a beast

Coby White made it raaiiinnn
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#137 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:07 am

Zion already with injury problems in summerleaque & preseason, now missing a few weeks. Wouldn't be surprised if his career takes the T-Mac route. peak between 21-24 and than losing already parts of his athletism because of injury (T-Mac probably lose some already after his 1st season here & his 1st. Back injury.). He needs to lose weight asap.
He's maybe the 1st star who's gonna be ''load management'' from start of his carrer.

Seems like Sabonis is on the trade block. Pacers are for me the hardest team to predict in the east next year. They are really hyped up, but Dipo missing probably several months & the Sabonis & Turner combo doesnt really worked last year, they lost there most versatile defender in young to guard small ball 4's, i'm not sure they gonna be as good as many think. Wonder if Turner keeps there defense elite, while playing together with Sabonis & losing many of there best defenders.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#138 » by basketballRob » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:52 am

pepe1991 wrote:lol this Lebron - China thing is epic.
Can't wait until he again starts to call out Trump and injustice system while he is fine with concentraction camps in China as long as they make him sweet little dollars. Like, how much money do you need?

I never liked him for no particular reason, but over a years he gave me all reasons i needed ,and ones i didn't need.

Just play basketball and stfu.

And a nerve to call Morey uneducated . if Morey called him uneducated he would be fired for racism in matter of seconds.
It's not about the money Lebron makes, it's about everyone.

You're saying Morey was educated? So he knew when he made those comments that it was going to cost all the players in the NBA money. Morey is the moral authority and can decide where everyone gets mobey.

If Lebron spoke out politically and it cost everyone in the NBA money he wouldn't do it. I think that's what he's saying, you have to be educated about the consequences of what you say.

Obviously if Morey knew his comments would cost everyone money he wouldn't have done it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#139 » by basketballRob » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:58 am

pepe1991 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:lol this Lebron - China thing is epic.
Can't wait until he again starts to call out Trump and injustice system while he is fine with concentraction camps in China as long as they make him sweet little dollars. Like, how much money do you need?

I never liked him for no particular reason, but over a years he gave me all reasons i needed ,and ones i didn't need.

Just play basketball and stfu.

And a nerve to call Morey uneducated . if Morey called him uneducated he would be fired for racism in matter of seconds.

I agree. And I don’t (wouldn’t) care that people don’t denounce China. If it’s good for your bottom line, say what you gotta say. Just the blatant hypocrisy of it all is so delicious.

And saying Morey is uneducated on the issue is hilarious.

Is there any doubt in a decade or so LBJ will take credit for people learning about China’s human rights issues?

This is why Muhammad Ali is most iconic sport figure in history. He was ready to throw everything away to fight for what he belived was right fight.

And that's why Lebron is hypocrit that will act woke , wear " i can't breath" shirts and wear nike shoes produced in China where people work for 16 hours a day for $2 so his company can sell them for $200 to spoiled rich kid in Germany, Canada or LA.

Typical company man, that's why nike signed him for life. If Nike decides to produce nuclear bombs, he will be first to shoot commercial for it.
Ali cost himself money, not everyone. If Lebron was only speaking for himself it would be different. Morey is costing the whole economy money.

What if your company did business in China and one of your co workers spoke out against them. Then on payday you notice everyone in the companies pay was cut by a third. Was it your co workers right to speak out and cost everyone money?

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#140 » by pepe1991 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 pm

basketballRob wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
j-ragg wrote:I agree. And I don’t (wouldn’t) care that people don’t denounce China. If it’s good for your bottom line, say what you gotta say. Just the blatant hypocrisy of it all is so delicious.

And saying Morey is uneducated on the issue is hilarious.

Is there any doubt in a decade or so LBJ will take credit for people learning about China’s human rights issues?

This is why Muhammad Ali is most iconic sport figure in history. He was ready to throw everything away to fight for what he belived was right fight.

And that's why Lebron is hypocrit that will act woke , wear " i can't breath" shirts and wear nike shoes produced in China where people work for 16 hours a day for $2 so his company can sell them for $200 to spoiled rich kid in Germany, Canada or LA.

Typical company man, that's why nike signed him for life. If Nike decides to produce nuclear bombs, he will be first to shoot commercial for it.
Ali cost himself money, not everyone. If Lebron was only speaking for himself it would be different. Morey is costing the whole economy money.

What if your company did business in China and one of your co workers spoke out against them. Then on payday you notice everyone in the companies pay was cut by a third. Was it your co workers right to speak out and cost everyone money?

I pitty a league and people that acts all woke when NFL players kneele during their national anthems and refuse to visit president that their nation voted for in democrat eletions, yet have to "shut up and dribble" when comunist party tells them to do so, all because of money.
In general how sad it is that second most popular in USA needs china money to keep a league going?

Alis stood for what was right, Lebron can shut up and dribble. This is moment of his career that made him politycy irrelevant.

Return to Orlando Magic