ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1401 » by pepe1991 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:51 am

I enjoy watching Durant so damn much.

I don't think Isaac's ACL tear will have any impact on his game, but i'm just scared his injuries won't go away , as he overuses left leg all the time.

Since Soul mentioned Gordon, his game will age poorly, there are already some cracks in his health that are red flags. Magic should trade him this or next year. This is best you will ever get from him.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 25,906
And1: 13,665
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1402 » by thelead » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:20 am

pepe1991 wrote:I enjoy watching Durant so damn much.

I don't think Isaac's ACL tear will have any impact on his game, but i'm just scared his injuries won't go away , as he overuses left leg all the time.

Since Soul mentioned Gordon, his game will age poorly, there are already some cracks in his health that are red flags. Magic should trade him this or next year. This is best you will ever get from him.

So how about Trae and those Hawks beating an actual good team and Durant while being 4-1?
Image
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1403 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 8:57 am

thelead wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I enjoy watching Durant so damn much.

I don't think Isaac's ACL tear will have any impact on his game, but i'm just scared his injuries won't go away , as he overuses left leg all the time.

Since Soul mentioned Gordon, his game will age poorly, there are already some cracks in his health that are red flags. Magic should trade him this or next year. This is best you will ever get from him.

So how about Trae and those Hawks beating an actual good team and Durant while being 4-1?


Atlanta is very, very deep and solid team.
Hunter took step up, Huerter is rock solid, Bogdanovic is very good player and Collins and Young are still looking good.
I'm fine with being wrong about some players :dontknow:

But as far as single game goes, it still comes down to 3 point shooting. Nets made 7, Atlanta 16. That's 27 points swing.
Nets are stil my pick for finals from East. Their half court offense to me looks better than anything Celtics or Bucks can offer.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
fendilim
RealGM
Posts: 27,651
And1: 3,653
Joined: Jun 11, 2002
Location: 孫悟空, 时间太?!

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1404 » by fendilim » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:17 am

JULIUS RANDLE. Averaging 22,11 and 7? Hahahahah DAMN
Image
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1405 » by Knightro » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:56 am

Read on Twitter


:(
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 25,906
And1: 13,665
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1406 » by thelead » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:01 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter


:(

Just keep winning, get crushed in the first round, shut your mouth and smile ear to ear because we’re currently 6-2... :nonono:
Image
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,675
And1: 9,263
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1407 » by Bensational » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:15 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter


:(


He was top of my big board for a reason. Can't believe he slid all the way to 12. It's crazy how NBA ready his game is already.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1408 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:29 am

Haliburton is best rookie of this class so far.
Guy plays ELITE defense, on top of that he is very good shooter and playmaker.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,590
And1: 11,246
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1409 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:21 pm


Just going to point out the fact that WeHam once again may have passed on a better player at their spot. Maxey is a guard who went 5 spots after Cole, is 6'3 with a 6'8 wingspan, and comes from Kentucky who has a long recent history of putting elite NBA guards into the league.

I've been very impressed with what I've seen from him so far. The minutes and usage aren't there for him right now, but he's flashed every time I've watched him.

He's going to be one to watch as he was there at 15 && plays a position of need.
Image
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1410 » by Knightro » Fri Jan 8, 2021 6:31 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Just going to point out the fact that WeHam once again may have passed on a better player at their spot. Maxey is a guard who went 5 spots after Cole, is 6'3 with a 6'8 wingspan, and comes from Kentucky who has a long recent history of putting elite NBA guards into the league.

I've been very impressed with what I've seen from him so far. The minutes and usage aren't there for him right now, but he's flashed every time I've watched him.

He's going to be one to watch as he was there at 15 && plays a position of need.


He's certainly a guy to keep an eye on.

One thing I think is worth noting is that Maxey is a pure shooting guard and that's how the Sixers are using him to their full credit. He's working off screens and getting to catch the ball on the move far more often than Anthony is. For the most part, when Anthony wants to take a shot, he has to create it himself which can be a very tough adjustment for a young guard.

Now the case could be made that Cole Anthony should also be used as a pure SG as well, but that's neither here nor there.

The interesting thing to me when I looked it up, if you can believe this, is that Maxey is actually finishing at the rim quite a bit worse (46.2%) than Anthony is (62.5%). When you factor in that Maxey only has 1 FTA in 140+ minutes compared to 20 FTAs for Anthony in about 170 minutes, you realize Maxey is making a TON of floaters and runners.

Maxey has made 15-26 shots (57.7%) from 3-16 feet which is a mile above the league average. He's made 7-8 shots from 10-16 feet!

Anthony has just been horrific on those runners and floaters so far.

It will be fun to watch them both develop, albeit in different roles.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1411 » by KillMonger » Fri Jan 8, 2021 7:07 pm

not judging any rook until they have a more sizable body of work, for me i need to see how they are after year 2......to make proclamations now just seems asinine to me, some players take time and since this is year 1 in a pandemic no less....let the kid live lol
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,590
And1: 11,246
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1412 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Jan 8, 2021 8:50 pm

KillMonger wrote:not judging any rook until they have a more sizable body of work, for me i need to see how they are after year 2......to make proclamations now just seems asinine to me, some players take time and since this is year 1 in a pandemic no less....let the kid live lol

We know man, you make it clear that's your stance anytime someone says something remotely negative about Cole. I for one, and seemingly others here as well, are going to judge the 15th overall pick we just selected based on his play on the court. There isn't some personal vendetta out against him, at least not to my knowledge. I want him to improve and don't believe he is a finished product.

There is just no way around the fact that his play so far is matching exactly what some of my fears were regarding the pick when we selected him. He plays hard and is a scrappy defender, but he isn't a good scorer. He doesn't generate good looks for himself and he struggles to separate off the dribble.

Those are aspects of his game I wonder if he can improve on && with his size that's a major concern. No hate to him, I just can only go off of what I've seen in college and during his NBA career so far.
Image
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1413 » by KillMonger » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:36 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
KillMonger wrote:not judging any rook until they have a more sizable body of work, for me i need to see how they are after year 2......to make proclamations now just seems asinine to me, some players take time and since this is year 1 in a pandemic no less....let the kid live lol

We know man, you make it clear that's your stance anytime someone says something remotely negative about Cole. I for one, and seemingly others here as well, are going to judge the 15th overall pick we just selected based on his play on the court. There isn't some personal vendetta out against him, at least not to my knowledge. I want him to improve and don't believe he is a finished product.

There is just no way around the fact that his play so far is matching exactly what some of my fears were regarding the pick when we selected him. He plays hard and is a scrappy defender, but he isn't a good scorer. He doesn't generate good looks for himself and he struggles to separate off the dribble.

Those are aspects of his game I wonder if he can improve on && with his size that's a major concern. No hate to him, I just can only go off of what I've seen in college and during his NBA career so far.

as with all things time will tell
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1414 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:15 am

Rookie Haliburton might be already better than any Magic PG since Jameer.

That probably makes Hield very expendable, along with Bagley, who flat out lacks any position to play in modern day.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
jonbob17
Junior
Posts: 391
And1: 187
Joined: Jul 01, 2020

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1415 » by jonbob17 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:26 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Rookie Haliburton might be already better than any Magic PG since Jameer.

That probably makes Hield very expendable, along with Bagley, who flat out lacks any position to play in modern day.


We shouldn't want any part of Bagley for the reason you stated. I view Hield as Sacramento's Ross. 6th man scorer, who can close games if needed.
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 11,356
And1: 4,800
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1416 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:55 pm

Looks like Tatum will be out the two games we play Boston because of Covid precautions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Magicfanatic82
Freshman
Posts: 71
And1: 36
Joined: Oct 18, 2020

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1417 » by Magicfanatic82 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 7:02 pm

basketballRob wrote:Looks like Tatum will be out the two games we play Boston because of Covid precautions.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Just our luck, we will rack up some covid W's and decide to stand pat.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 13,015
And1: 10,497
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1418 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:25 pm

So covid 19 is taking over again ...
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,916
And1: 9,979
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1419 » by Knightro » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:15 pm

The Sixers only have 7 healthy players today and essentially told Maxey "here's the ball, go do whatever you want".

They got beat easily, but Maxey scored 39 on THIRTY THREE field goal attempts and 0 FT attempts.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 11,344
And1: 5,181
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1420 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:51 pm

pepe1991 wrote:So covid 19 is taking over again ...

here in the states it was never gone...it's the people that's slipping and not following guidelines....people really dying out here
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA

Return to Orlando Magic