ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,152
And1: 11,629
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1861 » by pepe1991 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:02 am

ogmagicfan wrote:The condensed schedule is clearly influencing injuries we’re seeing, and not having a long enough gap from last year and no training camp.

However there has in general been a disturbing trend in more serious injuries happening this past decade. I read a good article on ESPN a while back that saw playing basketball heavily from an early age was deteriorating players bodies once they reached the league.

That along with players being bigger & heavily focusing on one sport and the same movements seems to also be of blame.

Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball%3fplatform=amp


Buddy of mine has major college degree in kinesiology, and his theory is that players today are simply too big and too muscular and put more stress on their joints.

When you look at footage of young Jordan, or prime Pippen, those guys are 210-225 pounds at most.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 13,240
And1: 2,544
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1862 » by cedric76 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 am

ogmagicfan wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Different time, different rules, different opponents

Nowdays, players are weak, defense are weak

This is what happen when you want to glorify 3 points orgy


Lol... you don’t think that’s just a little bit contradictory? If the game is more dependent on 3’s and less physical then wouldn’t that lead to less injuries if that’s the reason? :roll:


Where did i mention injuries?

Talking about zion s dominance
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,152
And1: 11,629
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1863 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:56 am

durin utah - minessota game, ref quit on game due some pain i guess
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,143
And1: 5,861
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1864 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:11 am

LMAO denzel valentine is trending for that wtf shot he attempted at the end of their game...wow....talk about heat check.....not everybody can be steph and dame
Image

FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX ....... FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,152
And1: 11,629
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1865 » by pepe1991 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:48 pm

Blake Griffin with Pistons- 49 years old broken man
Blake Griffin with Nets- literally outruns guards , plays good defense
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
thelead
RealGM
Posts: 27,219
And1: 14,996
Joined: Apr 08, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1866 » by thelead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:19 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Blake Griffin with Pistons- 49 years old broken man
Blake Griffin with Nets- literally outruns guards , plays good defense

and all of a sudden can dunk again. Blake is a prime example of why guaranteed contracts are trash.
Image
ogmagicfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,292
And1: 655
Joined: Mar 30, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1867 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:35 am

pepe1991 wrote:
ogmagicfan wrote:The condensed schedule is clearly influencing injuries we’re seeing, and not having a long enough gap from last year and no training camp.

However there has in general been a disturbing trend in more serious injuries happening this past decade. I read a good article on ESPN a while back that saw playing basketball heavily from an early age was deteriorating players bodies once they reached the league.

That along with players being bigger & heavily focusing on one sport and the same movements seems to also be of blame.

Article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27125793/these-kids-ticking-bombs-threat-youth-basketball%3fplatform=amp


Buddy of mine has major college degree in kinesiology, and his theory is that players today are simply too big and too muscular and put more stress on their joints.

When you look at footage of young Jordan, or prime Pippen, those guys are 210-225 pounds at most.



Good point. I wonder if the connection will become commonplace into player fitness that teams develop.

There’s are benefits to the size but eventually you’d think they would face the writing on the wall.

Seems at the same time advancements on surgeries for more serious injuries has players coming back near full strength and more willing to take those risks of added size.

We’ve seen some players like LeBron slim down at times compared to 5 years ago due to injuries.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,204
And1: 9,855
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1868 » by Bensational » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:19 am

Wow, in 3 out of 6 games Fournier has played for the C’s off the bench he has gone for 0 made field goals. What a rough start for him. His back must be in bad shape because he’s missed a lot of time resting it.
ogmagicfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,292
And1: 655
Joined: Mar 30, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1869 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:40 am

Bodgan went off against the team he almost joined (Bucks) for 32 pts and the win without Trae.

The Bucks are definitely hurt they weren’t able to secure him, probably the difference between them being clear favorites for the championship and being just outside the top 3 favorite teams right now.
User avatar
Xatticus
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,841
And1: 5,467
Joined: Feb 18, 2016
Location: the land of the blind
         

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1870 » by Xatticus » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:01 am

ogmagicfan wrote:Bodgan went off against the team he almost joined (Bucks) for 32 pts and the win without Trae.

The Bucks are definitely hurt they weren’t able to secure him, probably the difference between them being clear favorites for the championship and being just outside the top 3 favorite teams right now.


I doubt it. The goal was to get the Giannis extension and they got that done. DeVincenzo was going the other way in that Bogdanovic deal and he has been fantastic for Milwaukee.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
ogmagicfan
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,292
And1: 655
Joined: Mar 30, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1871 » by ogmagicfan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:15 am

Xatticus wrote:
ogmagicfan wrote:Bodgan went off against the team he almost joined (Bucks) for 32 pts and the win without Trae.

The Bucks are definitely hurt they weren’t able to secure him, probably the difference between them being clear favorites for the championship and being just outside the top 3 favorite teams right now.


I doubt it. The goal was to get the Giannis extension and they got that done. DeVincenzo was going the other way in that Bogdanovic deal and he has been fantastic for Milwaukee.


No question the most important move was the Giannis extension and was a big influence on them trying to acquire Bodgan.

DiVincenzo has improved every year, shooting wise & passing and is a good player, but offensively he’s still a step behind Bodgan. A player whose offense can be created by himself and not primarily having others create offense for him, which is key in the playoffs. I don’t see DiVincenzo putting the team on his back offensively in a way that Bodgan has demonstrated.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,152
And1: 11,629
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1872 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:08 am

Bogdan is a baller , i've said when he was FA that he is improvment over Evan :dontknow:

btw Evan can't even move since he returned from back spasms, don't understand why they even cleared him to play.

Hawks are 2-1 without Trae, and their defense stopped bleeding without him. Only L was OT against Knicks.
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 24,204
And1: 9,855
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1873 » by Bensational » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:39 am

Imagine if the Warriors had picked Ball or Haliburton instead of Wiseman. Either would be the 2nd best player on the Warriors at the moment and would probably help push that team much further than Green, Wiggins and Oubre have been, and way more than Wiseman.

For a franchise that boasted about how advanced their scouting, modelling and development was when they were up, it’s really failed them when they need it.
basketballRob
RealGM
Posts: 13,495
And1: 5,508
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1874 » by basketballRob » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:14 am

Bensational wrote:Imagine if the Warriors had picked Ball or Haliburton instead of Wiseman. Either would be the 2nd best player on the Warriors at the moment and would probably help push that team much further than Green, Wiggins and Oubre have been, and way more than Wiseman.

For a franchise that boasted about how advanced their scouting, modelling and development was when they were up, it’s really failed them when they need it.
Charlotte lucked out. I remember hearing a bunch of reports that they wanted to move up and take Wiseman. So the Warriors could've traded for Ball and got more assets.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 29,596
And1: 5,211
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1875 » by drsd » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:23 am

basketballRob wrote:Charlotte lucked out.


Rookie guards are not supposed to have a PER above 15. His at a current 18.71 is an elite rookie stat line. Add to that that Ball's play is key to the Hornets improvement to mediocrity, Ball is easily the rookie of the year for me.

..
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 32,567
And1: 8,557
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1876 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:04 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Bogdan is a baller , i've said when he was FA that he is improvment over Evan :dontknow:

btw Evan can't even move since he returned from back spasms, don't understand why they even cleared him to play.

Hawks are 2-1 without Trae, and their defense stopped bleeding without him. Only L was OT against Knicks.



Evan has cost himself a ton of money this year for free agency.
aka: prorl
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 12,143
And1: 5,861
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1877 » by KillMonger » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:26 pm

I wonder how we would be if we stuck with borrego? I like the pace they play at....hell i like the pace Indiana played with last night. With our young team next season we can’t afford to play the same way we’ve been playing.


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Image

FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX ....... FREE MO BAMBA......R.I.P DMX
p0peye
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,845
And1: 1,933
Joined: Feb 27, 2006
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1878 » by p0peye » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Bogdan is a baller , i've said when he was FA that he is improvment over Evan :dontknow:

btw Evan can't even move since he returned from back spasms, don't understand why they even cleared him to play.

Hawks are 2-1 without Trae, and their defense stopped bleeding without him. Only L was OT against Knicks.


I will never forget match against Red Star, there was a massive fight on the court and refs threw out most of our team leaving only three players on the court - Bogdan being on of them. For a time they played 5 on 3 and still couldn't score on us forcing Red Star coach to call two timeouts. But Bogdan scored 34 points. Eventually he fouled out, we lost, but man... from that night I knew he was special. Bertrans too was one of the remaining players IIRC.
Badass of the week: Milunka Savic
Single most-decorated female soldier in world military history.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 14,152
And1: 11,629
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1879 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Am i only one who find guys like Kevin Love execlly reason why nba should not have guaranteed contracts? This dude is sitting home , not giving a flying f*** about basketball and makes $31M a year and when he finally decides to play, like 20 times a year, he is biggest prima-donna since Madonna.

What a prick...
Prediction day after Vuc, Gordon, Evan departure - most fans who are celebrating birth of new rebuild will be crying how rebuild is painful before 2022-23 season ends.
Date of writeup: March 26th, 2021.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 23,773
And1: 9,513
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#1880 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 pm

Here is the situation involving Kevin Love. I am not condoning what he did. Just providing the sequence for the people who have not seen it...

Read on Twitter

Return to Orlando Magic