ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,624

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#581 » by Skybox » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:30 pm

I wonder if that s**thead PHI fan was surprised that IT was as big as him up close, in person?...he looks like a ballboy on the court with all those giants
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,565

Post#582 » by SOUL » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:01 am

Read on Twitter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#583 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:35 am

SOUL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Solid bench move for
Utah... would love Orlando to try and bolster the bench
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 746

Post#584 » by CZ Eddie » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:55 am

I remember when everyone here desperately wanted us to pick Exum in the draft.
Poor kid hasn't really had the opportunity he really needed.
Drafted by a team that wanted him for the bench.
And all the injuries every.single.year.

And now he's been traded to a team with two high-profile PG recent/younger draft picks.
Here we go bench, here we gooo.
Keep your politics out of my sports
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#585 » by pepe1991 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:57 am

Green got cut on Christmas eve lol

Good moves by Jazz. They still probably want to shoot themselfs for not targeting Cp3 instad of Conley.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#586 » by zaymon » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:07 am

Clarkson is not a bad player we could use him too. I dont think Weltman desperatly wants to make playoffs this year.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#587 » by MoMM » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:28 am

Clarkson is horrible, his BBIQ is really really low.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#588 » by pepe1991 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:43 am

MoMM wrote:Clarkson is horrible, his BBIQ is really really low.

They will need him to play 18 mpg at most
From shooting perspective he is having career year.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#589 » by drsd » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:36 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Green got cut on Christmas eve lol

Good moves by Jazz. They still probably want to shoot themselfs for not targeting Cp3 instad of Conley.

The Jeff Green era is over. After 11 years and 70M in paid salary, not a bad career.

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Post#590 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:33 pm

zaymon wrote:Clarkson is not a bad player we could use him too. I dont think Weltman desperatly wants to make playoffs this year.

Last sentence sarcasm? You don’t think they want to make the playoffs after giving Vuc 100M and resigning TRoss ?
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#591 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
zaymon wrote:Clarkson is not a bad player we could use him too. I dont think Weltman desperatly wants to make playoffs this year.

Last sentence sarcasm? You don’t think they want to make the playoffs after giving Vuc 100M and resigning TRoss ?

Agree.
We are the 8th seed team for eternity!
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#592 » by zaymon » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:22 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Its not sarcasm. I heard both Weltman and Hammond saying they prioritize long term winning more than short term success. If they were desperate they would not trade for Fultz they would not give Bamba developmental minutes, they would trade AG for offensive talent long ago. All moves suggest they are about building assets and developing young players
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#593 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:58 pm

zaymon wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Its not sarcasm. I heard both Weltman and Hammond saying they prioritize long term winning more than short term success. If they were desperate they would not trade for Fultz they would not give Bamba developmental minutes, they would trade AG for offensive talent long ago. All moves suggest they are about building assets and developing young players

I want to believe you but what I have seen so far is these guys have an easy job because there is no accountability anymore.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,499

Post#594 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:26 pm

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
zaymon wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

I want to believe you but what I have seen so far is these guys have an easy job because there is no accountability anymore.

I understand that we have a lot of kids posting here with limited scope and even for the adults here the understanding of basketball as a business begins and ends with:

duh ball go in da basket!!!

... and be that as is may I still can’t overcome the hope that people can appreciate the subtle moves WeHam has done given the situation they inherited.

- Flipping Biz for a contract they could soon shed away.

- Remaining in the playoff hunt without sacrificing long term cap via declining deals

- Grabbing Fultz for next to nothing. Time will tell how good he can be but he already outperforms what we gave up.

- Taking Isaac when everyone wants DSjr because of need for a PG.

None of these are championship moves but we are now heading towards a day of great financial flexibility, trade options (team friendly deals) and some up and coming kids.

To say they have been sitting around taking it easy without accountability is pathetic.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#595 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:49 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
zaymon wrote:Its not sarcasm. I heard both Weltman and Hammond saying they prioritize long term winning more than short term success. If they were desperate they would not trade for Fultz they would not give Bamba developmental minutes, they would trade AG for offensive talent long ago. All moves suggest they are about building assets and developing young players

I understand that we have a lot of kids posting here with limited scope and even for the adults here the understanding of basketball as a business begins and ends with:

... and be that as is may I still can’t overcome the hope that people can appreciate the subtle moves WeHam has done given the situation they inherited.

- Remaining in the playoff hunt without sacrificing long term cap via declining deals

- Grabbing Fultz for next to nothing. Time will tell how good he can be but he already outperforms what we gave up.

None of these are championship moves but we are now heading towards a day of great financial flexibility, trade options (team friendly deals) and some up and coming kids.

To say they have been sitting around taking it easy without accountability is pathetic.

Well maybe some of us are tired of being either a mediocre or treadmill team. And some others, apparently, are happy and content with mediocrity. After 8 years, I want a team that competes for a championship, goes deep into the playoffs and has a bold front office willing to take risks to try to improve the team.

"Yay! We barely made the playoffs!!! I can't wait to get swept out of the first round again".... nah son. I have no interest in that. If you do, more power to you. But I remember the glory days when we had a bold front office and ownership ready to take those risks:

1. Penny + 3 first round picks for Webber
2. Scott Skiles trade to clear up the PG spot for Penny
3. Signing H-Grant
4. Breaking up the 98-99 team and stumbling upon the Heart and Hustle team
5. Trying to pair Tmac-Hill-Duncan
6. Drafting Howard over Okafor

IMO, the examples you brought up of what Weham have done are quite weak compared to some of the really bold drafting, signing and trades the previous GM's of this team did.

But go ahead and continue insulting people as kids and as adults who don't understand basketball business :crazy:

I want to compete for a championship. Not first round sweeps. :banghead:
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#596 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:12 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:

Well maybe some of us are tired of being either a mediocre or treadmill team. And some others, apparently, are happy and content with mediocrity. After 8 years, I want a team that competes for a championship, goes deep into the playoffs and has a bold front office willing to take risks to try to improve the team.

"Yay! We barely made the playoffs!!! I can't wait to get swept out of the first round again".... nah son. I have no interest in that. If you do, more power to you. But I remember the glory days when we had a bold front office and ownership ready to take those risks:

3. Signing H-Grant

IMO, the examples you brought up of what Weham have done are quite weak compared to some of the really bold drafting, signing and trades the previous GM's of this team did.

But go ahead and continue insulting people as kids and as adults who don't understand basketball business :crazy:

Unless you can get Lebron + AD in back-2-back summers then you aren’t going from bottom feeder to title contender overnight. There is a middle ground you have to use as a stepping stone.

Previous management had locked into a bottom 5 spot every year while bringing on bad contracts like Biz.

WeHam has added exciting young prospects, cleared up our pending cap situation and made us a playoff roster showing signs of life.

You don’t have to love their way of doing it but saying they’re doing nothing at all is ridiculous.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#597 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:21 am

People keep taking about being tired of “the past 8 years” as if it has been a continuous stream without accountability.

The GM was fired!!

New management is here. Again, you don’t have to like their method and no one can say for sure it will or will not ultimately work but they have a proven track record of turning things around in smaller markets and we are seeing small samples of it here already.

Why are we ignoring this and blaming WeHam for things Henny did?
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach

Post#598 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:26 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

3. Signing H-Grant

Unless you can get Lebron + AD in back-2-back summers then you aren’t going from bottom feeder to title contender overnight. There is a middle ground you have to use as a stepping stone.

Previous management had locked into a bottom 5 spot every year while bringing on bad contracts like Biz.

WeHam has added exciting young prospects, cleared up our pending cap situation and made us a playoff roster showing signs of life.

You don’t have to love their way of doing it but saying they’re doing nothing at all is ridiculous.

If Mark Cuban were running this team, do you think he would have been satisfied with where we are?
Say what you want about Cuban, but he passion he has for winning and constantly improving the team is impressive.

We have 5 players from the 2016-17 Hennigan built team that went 29-53: Vuc, Fournier, AG, DJ, T-Ross and all 5 form the current core of our team. Without a combination of any of these guys, this team struggles to win.

And I am not going to be critical of one player but my point is if something is not working, why continue making peripheral additions and roll out the same team over and over again and expecting different results?
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#599 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:37 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:

3. Signing H-Grant

If Mark Cuban were running this team, do you think he would have been satisfied with where we are?
Say what you want about Cuban, but he passion he has for winning and constantly improving the team is impressive.

We have 5 players from the 2016-17 Hennigan built team that went 29-53: Vuc, Fournier, AG, DJ, T-Ross and all 5 form the current core of our team. Without a combination of any of these guys, this team struggles to win.

And I am not going to be critical of one player but my point is if something is not working, why continue making peripheral additions and roll out the same team over and over again and expecting different results?

We fired the GM a couple years ago and the owner recently died ...

Let the dust settle man.
zaymon
Lead Assistant

Post#600 » by zaymon » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:14 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:

3. Signing H-Grant

I dont know if Cuban is a good example. He stick to Dirk for years without any chance for championship. He overtanked us with pure luck in last game of the season when Doncic was available. They did nothing brilliant that year it was pure luck. Weltman also pulled Vucevic for last games and brought many players from g league to lose. Also it was known that Doncic will be superstar, Dallas drafted him only becouse Suns and Kings are run by people who are less inteligent than half of human population. I think Weltman positions us well with cards we are given.

Return to Orlando Magic