ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition

Moderators: SOUL, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro

GelbeWand09
Junior
Posts: 450
And1: 555
Joined: Apr 17, 2018
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#801 » by GelbeWand09 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 12:26 pm

Wow what a joke. He is a great coach. He made them overachive which was the reason they even had the chance 2 sign those 2 divas. He developed alotta late 1st & 2nd round picks into good to very good NBA players. He revived Russells career & reputation. He installed one of the best offenses in the leaque, just with these kind of late picks.
Even this year, they are one of the most injury riddled teams & are still in the playoffs & still play exciting basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 11,714
And1: 9,359
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#802 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 8:32 pm

Lakers nightmare are Clippers.
The way the guard Davis is such a beauty, turning him into nothing but mid range shooter.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 11,714
And1: 9,359
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#803 » by pepe1991 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 10:13 pm

Why do serious teams play this jokers morris twins?. Both of them are such a low BBIQ players that more often than not they are nothing but negative contributors .
Clippers one played 30 min and contributed with one big nothing.
Lakers one played 20ish min and also did not contribute in any way, shape or form.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 29,626
And1: 10,611
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#804 » by tiderulz » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:57 am

pepe1991 wrote:Why do serious teams play this jokers morris twins?. Both of them are such a low BBIQ players that more often than not they are nothing but negative contributors .
Clippers one played 30 min and contributed with one big nothing.
Lakers one played 20ish min and also did not contribute in any way, shape or form.

Marcus has been a decent player on defense and not afraid to take on the bigger, stronger players other teammates shy away from
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 11,714
And1: 9,359
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#805 » by pepe1991 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 8:24 am

Duncan Robinson last 4 games:
27 -44 for 3

what an actual f*** ???

Guy made 24 threes in 3 games ????? How is that even possible???
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,146
And1: 2,545
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#806 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:42 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Duncan Robinson last 4 games:
27 -44 for 3

what an actual f*** ???

Guy made 24 threes in 3 games ????? How is that even possible???

Dude was a career 41% shooter from 3 on 5 attempts per game at Michigan. Summer League dude went a ridiculous 17-27 61% in 5 games. Riley knows how to find shooters & give em a Summer League chance to make roster
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
zaymon
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,919
And1: 1,043
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#807 » by zaymon » Mon Mar 9, 2020 8:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Duncan Robinson last 4 games:
27 -44 for 3

what an actual f*** ???

Guy made 24 threes in 3 games ????? How is that even possible???

Dude is killing their rhytm, such a selfish player and a bad defender. The would be better with Iwundu
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 8,617
And1: 3,148
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#808 » by basketballRob » Mon Mar 9, 2020 11:43 pm

Brooklyn could lose 4 games this week. They have Sacramento as their 4 game in 6 nights, Sunday. The play the Lakers, Clippers, and Warriors with Steph possibly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,762
And1: 2,303
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#809 » by cedric76 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:49 am

I just watch an interview with nicolas batum, he is strongly thinking about opting out of his contract to find a team that will give him a proper role in a team. He mentioned cliff few times in previous interviews.

I really think that he is gonna opt in and work on a buy out, he could agree for a 8m buy out then sign with us for an aminu type of contract.
Otto porter for AG+DJ+2nd

Fultz. Mcw
Evan. Ross. Iwundu
Chuma. Aminu.. Ennis
Isaac. Aminu
Vuc. Mo. Birch
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 17,520
And1: 10,877
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#810 » by j-ragg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:21 pm

cedric76 wrote:I just watch an interview with nicolas batum, he is strongly thinking about opting out of his contract to find a team that will give him a proper role in a team. He mentioned cliff few times in previous interviews.

I really think that he is gonna opt in and work on a buy out, he could agree for a 8m buy out then sign with us for an aminu type of contract.

I think that'd be an overpay.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
User avatar
MoMM
General Manager
Posts: 9,045
And1: 1,066
Joined: Jan 08, 2002
Location: Florianopolis, Brazil
Contact:
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#811 » by MoMM » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:20 pm

cedric76 wrote:I just watch an interview with nicolas batum, he is strongly thinking about opting out of his contract to find a team that will give him a proper role in a team. He mentioned cliff few times in previous interviews.

I really think that he is gonna opt in and work on a buy out, he could agree for a 8m buy out then sign with us for an aminu type of contract.

Not only Cliff, but Evan is french, perhaps we could bring Gobert as well? :laugh:
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,762
And1: 2,303
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#812 » by cedric76 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 pm

MoMM wrote:
cedric76 wrote:I just watch an interview with nicolas batum, he is strongly thinking about opting out of his contract to find a team that will give him a proper role in a team. He mentioned cliff few times in previous interviews.

I really think that he is gonna opt in and work on a buy out, he could agree for a 8m buy out then sign with us for an aminu type of contract.

Not only Cliff, but Evan is french, perhaps we could bring Gobert as well? :laugh:


I prefer vuc
Otto porter for AG+DJ+2nd

Fultz. Mcw
Evan. Ross. Iwundu
Chuma. Aminu.. Ennis
Isaac. Aminu
Vuc. Mo. Birch
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,046
And1: 5,071
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#813 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:51 pm

I know everyone’s already talking about it and I’m late to the party but I hope all the kids who “just know” that Lebron is the GOAT go and watch The Last Dance.

Now, I’m not Lebron hater and I don’t even believe in the concept of a GOAT because the game changes so much between generations. I just say that above as it is so annoying to only look at today and ignore the greatness which came before.
Tarheel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,411
And1: 516
Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Location: UK
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#814 » by Tarheel » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 am

MagicFan101 wrote:I know everyone’s already talking about it and I’m late to the party but I hope all the kids who “just know” that Lebron is the GOAT go and watch The Last Dance.

Now, I’m not Lebron hater and I don’t even believe in the concept of a GOAT because the game changes so much between generations. I just say that above as it is so annoying to only look at today and ignore the greatness which came before.


I'm really enjoying this about it - I started following the NBA after Jordan's decline (he was on the Wizards, we had T-Mac) so I never got to experience how good he was first hand. I appreciate that a lot of what you see on the documentary is highlights but he could make basketball beautiful to watch.

I also think Scottie Pippen could have been an MVP in today's league. AG should aspire to play the game the way he did.
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,046
And1: 5,071
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#815 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Tarheel wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I know everyone’s already talking about it and I’m late to the party but I hope all the kids who “just know” that Lebron is the GOAT go and watch The Last Dance.

Now, I’m not Lebron hater and I don’t even believe in the concept of a GOAT because the game changes so much between generations. I just say that above as it is so annoying to only look at today and ignore the greatness which came before.


I'm really enjoying this about it - I started following the NBA after Jordan's decline (he was on the Wizards, we had T-Mac) so I never got to experience how good he was first hand. I appreciate that a lot of what you see on the documentary is highlights but he could make basketball beautiful to watch.

I also think Scottie Pippen could have been an MVP in today's league. AG should aspire to play the game the way he did.


Am I the only one who would have loved to party with a young Phil Jackson! ... just once, can’t try acid too many times!!! j/k that stuff is scary af
User avatar
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
Posts: 46,133
And1: 10,821
Joined: Oct 12, 2003
Location: In the Paint

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#816 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Jordon was the GOAT. Makes one wonder how Jordon vs Lebron in their primes would have panned out. Maybe Heat at their peak vs Bulls at their peak. I take the Bulls. Anyways, I even remember watching Jordon during his rookie season as a kid. My friend was a Bulls fan and we would watch many Bulls games. He was electrifying right off the bat.
Image

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
GelbeWand09
Junior
Posts: 450
And1: 555
Joined: Apr 17, 2018
       

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#817 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Jordon was the GOAT. Makes one wonder how Jordon vs Lebron in their primes would have panned out. Maybe Heat at their peak vs Bulls at their peak. I take the Bulls. Anyways, I even remember watching Jordon during his rookie season as a kid. My friend was a Bulls fan and we would watch many Bulls games. He was electrifying right off the bat.


Bulls pretty easy for me. There is just no way Jordan lose against Dirk in the Finals. There is no way prime Jordan is not the best player in a PO series, even more the finals. The 2011 Finals kill every argument for LeBron for me. He wasnt the best player & had the better co-stars & still lost.
Not only that but the Bulls had the perfect team to matchup with Miami. Jordan & Pippen as maybe the best defensive wing duo ever & Rodman frustrating Bosh, killing the Heat at the boards (one of there biggest weaknesses anyway) & him being able to switch everything. + Phil > Spo :lol: LeBron is my No.2 & got the longest peak. The most dominant season i've ever seen, is still Shaq's 99-00 MVP season.
Tarheel
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,411
And1: 516
Joined: Jul 18, 2004
Location: UK
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#818 » by Tarheel » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:58 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
Tarheel wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I know everyone’s already talking about it and I’m late to the party but I hope all the kids who “just know” that Lebron is the GOAT go and watch The Last Dance.

Now, I’m not Lebron hater and I don’t even believe in the concept of a GOAT because the game changes so much between generations. I just say that above as it is so annoying to only look at today and ignore the greatness which came before.


I'm really enjoying this about it - I started following the NBA after Jordan's decline (he was on the Wizards, we had T-Mac) so I never got to experience how good he was first hand. I appreciate that a lot of what you see on the documentary is highlights but he could make basketball beautiful to watch.

I also think Scottie Pippen could have been an MVP in today's league. AG should aspire to play the game the way he did.


Am I the only one who would have loved to party with a young Phil Jackson! ... just once, can’t try acid too many times!!! j/k that stuff is scary af


I'm down for 48 hours in Vegas with Rodman...
Skybox
Starter
Posts: 2,356
And1: 1,391
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#819 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:27 am

Tarheel wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I know everyone’s already talking about it and I’m late to the party but I hope all the kids who “just know” that Lebron is the GOAT go and watch The Last Dance.

Now, I’m not Lebron hater and I don’t even believe in the concept of a GOAT because the game changes so much between generations. I just say that above as it is so annoying to only look at today and ignore the greatness which came before.


I'm really enjoying this about it - I started following the NBA after Jordan's decline (he was on the Wizards, we had T-Mac) so I never got to experience how good he was first hand. I appreciate that a lot of what you see on the documentary is highlights but he could make basketball beautiful to watch.

I also think Scottie Pippen could have been an MVP in today's league. AG should aspire to play the game the way he did.


Agree with the AG/Pip aspiration (I won’t call it a comparison). Rodman too...all three about the same size and athleticism but Rodman’s mind is so unique (on and off the court)...NOBODY is like him, not just the rebs, but the tips, the insane simple focus on adding possessions...and then celebrating mid-possession because HIS job is done for now. Bizarre genius.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 11,714
And1: 9,359
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#820 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:28 am

I never understood Lebron vs MJ narrative.
Today's game would not be global game without MJ and literally MJ is the most responsible person why NBA players make as much money as they do.
His impact on sports in general is far greater than any modern athlete has.

And if you talk about basketball in specific, once again, there is no real argument there. Guy dominated like nobody ever did. When he was on, nobody else was winning jack ***.
His biggest opponents, on days when he would play them would call him best player in basketball. Bird said he was God disguise in Mike after playoff game.
Never played game 7 in finals, never lost finals. Nobody was really that close at beating him.

From body/unique perspective, once again, it's not really question how superior MJ was. Guy literally could fly. In 1987. When people did know ANYTHING about nutrition, training or anything. There was almost no science behind it. It was just bunch of dudes throwing weight around and eating beef.

Lebron... great athlete, natural born talent.
Big cultural ...eh... I don't think he is any bigger than Kobe. (RIP).
He brought player's movment but even isn't really that "positive" from competitive persective and makes league centrilised inside few teams and other teams worthless. He had as much impuct in all that as Chris Paul who was president of player's union.

Domination... lost 6 nba finals.
During his apsolute prime he had superior team and lost to Dirk. In that series 3 of top 4 players played on Heat.
Heat vs Spurs , 3 of 4 best players in that series played for Heat. Still lost.

Spends millions with advanced technology and medicine to stay in peak shape. Probably also doing things that are not considered most legal ones...


that being said my gf left me after 9 years and i feel like i just wanna die
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide

Return to Orlando Magic


cron