ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA, 2020/21 Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Re: Around the NBA, 2019/20 Edition 

Post#881 » by tiderulz » Sun Aug 9, 2020 9:21 pm

The Effect wrote:
Bensational wrote:Luka... He's already the future and the present. What an insanely huge game against Milwaukee and Giannis. And he's just so much fun to watch play, too.

This kills me, we were literally 1 pick away from either having trae young, or being in position to get luka :banghead: Just like when we were 1 pick away from Porzingis. So instead of having the mavs combo of KP and luka, we draft 2 busts in mario and mo, both with top 6 picks

but god, that 2018 draft was so good at the top, Ayton, bags, luka, JJ, young, wendell carter, sexton, bridges, SGA, MPj at 14....

the way we use people, he would be sitting in the corner, shooting 3's and not handling the ball. we would turn him into a 12 ppg 5 rpg player
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#882 » by The Effect » Sun Aug 9, 2020 9:36 pm

Bensational wrote:
The Effect wrote:
Bensational wrote:Luka... He's already the future and the present. What an insanely huge game against Milwaukee and Giannis. And he's just so much fun to watch play, too.

This kills me, we were literally 1 pick away from either having trae young, or being in position to get luka :banghead: Just like when we were 1 pick away from Porzingis. So instead of having the mavs combo of KP and luka, we draft 2 busts in mario and mo, both with top 6 picks

but god, that 2018 draft was so good at the top, Ayton, bags, luka, JJ, young, wendell carter, sexton, bridges, SGA, MPj at 14....

I hear ya, but it must kill Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta fans a hell of a lot more than us. That they passed up on him was absurd in draft night and even worse in hindsight.

While they will regret passing on Luka, they atleast got something out of it
Ayton has been very good and going to be a 20/10 guy for a long time. Sure Luka is a once in a gen type player, but ayton is still a star
Bagley has played well when given a chance, and was a 15/8 guy off the bench. Could really be good once hes back from injury. Again not Luka, but still good
Trae young is a star. I know people will knock his defense, but hes a stephen curry level offensive player and will be a franchise cornerstone for a decade

So yeah it sucks for them to have to admit they passed on luka, atleast they have something to show for it. Id rather be in their position than ours (missed on him and ended up with mo)
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,451

Post#883 » by Bensational » Sun Aug 9, 2020 9:46 pm

The Effect wrote:
Bensational wrote:
The Effect wrote:This kills me, we were literally 1 pick away from either having trae young, or being in position to get luka :banghead: Just like when we were 1 pick away from Porzingis. So instead of having the mavs combo of KP and luka, we draft 2 busts in mario and mo, both with top 6 picks

I hear ya, but it must kill Phoenix, Sacramento and Atlanta fans a hell of a lot more than us. That they passed up on him was absurd in draft night and even worse in hindsight.

While they will regret passing on Luka, they atleast got something out of it
Ayton has been very good and going to be a 20/10 guy for a long time. Sure Luka is a once in a gen type player, but ayton is still a star
Bagley has played well when given a chance, and was a 15/8 guy off the bench. Could really be good once hes back from injury. Again not Luka, but still good
Trae young is a star. I know people will knock his defense, but hes a stephen curry level offensive player and will be a franchise cornerstone for a decade

So yeah it sucks for them to have to admit they passed on luka, atleast they have something to show for it. Id rather be in their position than ours (missed on him and ended up with mo)

I wouldn't. Even if they have a talented player instead, those players will be watching Luka dominate championship contention for most of his career. None of them will get past him in the future.

At least we know we didn't have a chance to draft him. At most I'm dirty WeHam didn't want to throw the farm at a trade up for him, and second that they didn't trade down for SGA. Mo is pretty inconsequential in my factoring overall.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#884 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:17 am

Before 2019 draft i said i would pick Ja over Zion for reasons that turning into reality.
ZIon is uber talented, but man.... stop eating yourself into injuries
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#885 » by fendilim » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:49 am

Watching Nuggets is depressing MPJ and Bolbol. But bolbol is extra depressing. We could have had him, and he is almost everything we wished Bamba could be. And to think this kid is coming of a major injury and already contributing in his first game.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,141

Post#886 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:53 pm

The West seeding games are insane. Phoenix potentially goes undefeated in the bubble ties Portland. Then if the Griz lose a game or two they could be totally left out and the Suns/Blazers might play for the 8th seed.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,360

Post#887 » by Knightro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 am

My kingdom for a Dame Lillard caliber player on the Magic.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#888 » by KillMonger » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:20 am

dame is unreal
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,810

Post#889 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 am

Im rooting for the Suns. They have played so well. I like to see them in the play in game. I wish we could give them our playoff spot lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#890 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:47 am

pepe1991 wrote:Before 2019 draft i said i would pick Ja over Zion for reasons that turning into reality.
ZIon is uber talented, but man.... stop eating yourself into injuries

I was always in the Ja camp as well. It had more to do with the direction the NBA is trending though and my belief that a 6 foot 3 uber-athletic playmaking point guard with superstar potential just has more value than a tweener forward who has injury concerns. Even beyond the conditioning, the sheer torque he uses in his lower body screams knee injuries down the road (already has suffered one).

Regardless, NO's and Memphis are both in much more favorable positions then we are. Even with the injury concerns, Zion is someone I'd have no problem building a team around. He has real potential as a point forward with how underrated his court vision is and he is going to be as an elite of a slasher and finisher around the basket as they come. An improved shot would just add to all of that.

JA is someone id build around in a second as well. We don't have anything close to either player at the moment and I don't see that changing.
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#891 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:56 am

That Mavs/Blazers game was one of the most entertaining regular season basketball games I've ever seen. Dame is on fire.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,566

Post#892 » by Bergmaniac » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:27 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:That Mavs/Blazers game was one of the most entertaining regular season basketball games I've ever seen. Dame is on fire.

It would have been even better if the refs didn't whistle a foul for every small bit of contact in the 4th quarter.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#893 » by MoMM » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:01 am

fendilim wrote:Watching Nuggets is depressing MPJ and Bolbol. But bolbol is extra depressing. We could have had him, and he is almost everything we wished Bamba could be. And to think this kid is coming of a major injury and already contributing in his first game.

Well, both were expected to be Top 5 picks, but for injury reasons they fall. Nuggets took a chance and really made it.

Unfortunately our draft picks are really really bad, we get Top 6 picks and draft guys that clearly doesn't belong there and that we don't need (another frontcourt player?). In the past 5 drafts we basically have added Isaac and he only plays 30 games per season. That's it!

Nuggets in the past 5 drafts has drafted Mudiey (7), Jamal (7), Hernangomez (15), Beasley (19), Monte (51) and MPJr (14), BolBol (44). Even their bench players are better than all of our picks except Isaac. And I am not even counting that in 2014 they have drafted Jokic (41).
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#894 » by Tarheel » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am

MoMM wrote:
fendilim wrote:Watching Nuggets is depressing MPJ and Bolbol. But bolbol is extra depressing. We could have had him, and he is almost everything we wished Bamba could be. And to think this kid is coming of a major injury and already contributing in his first game.

Well, both were expected to be Top 5 picks, but for injury reasons they fall. Nuggets took a chance and really made it.

Unfortunately our draft picks are really really bad, we get Top 6 picks and draft guys that clearly doesn't belong there and that we don't need (another frontcourt player?). In the past 5 drafts we basically have added Isaac and he only plays 30 games per season. That's it!

Nuggets in the past 5 drafts has drafted Mudiey (7), Jamal (7), Hernangomez (15), Beasley (19), Monte (51) and MPJr (14), BolBol (44). Even their bench players are better than all of our picks except Isaac. And I am not even counting that in 2014 they have drafted Jokic (41).

It will be interesting to see if the Nuggets continue to draft as well as they have now that Karnišovas has gone to Chicago. He did an incredible job in the draft there. Also, the Bulls have all their future firsts so if Karnišovas can replicate his Denver success there the Bulls will start to look pretty good in a couple years.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,015

Post#895 » by KillMonger » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:24 am

this blazer game is crazy, i want them in but they can't stop nobody
rcklsscognition
RealGM

Post#896 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:39 am

Wow that was stressful AF. I would have had a heart attack if that was the Magic vs Nets in that situation
the_hobo
Rookie
And1: 640

Post#897 » by the_hobo » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:41 am

Suns did everything right and still didnt make it. Damn shame. Was hoping to see Booker more
Favorite Magic players of all time:
1. Dennis Scott
2. Andrew Nicholson
3. Anthony "no-neck" Johnson
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#898 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:56 am

Supernova Dame and Blazers vs Lakers is something i would pay extra money to watch. it sucks that playoffs will look like primary school class vs class empty arena game because of school bullies :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#899 » by Skybox » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:26 am

IllMagic04 wrote:Im rooting for the Suns. They have played so well. I like to see them in the play in game. I wish we could give them our playoff spot lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

Suns get to go home with an 8-0 streak, a certified big-game star, A young roster, and a trip to the lottery...sounds really good to me
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#900 » by fendilim » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:44 pm

MoMM wrote:

I dont really blame Isaac selection. He’d be really good if only he could stay on the court. He just moves too guard-like for his size that his moves tests his body’s limits. Wishing Isaac’s speedy recovery and a healthy career from here on out.

But man, MPJr is exactly what we needed since we traded. If we’re just going to be holding out players their first yr, we should have just taken those guys tbh.

I know no one can predict injuries like what Bamba has or Isaac, but the talent is undeniable. Watching Bol Bol intercept a pass and do and coast to coast was depressing as a Magic fan. LOL i wish Bamba was as energetic as he was.

Return to Orlando Magic