ImageImageImageImage

Magic to the ECF

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,282

Re: Magic to the ECF 

Post#41 » by pepe1991 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 6:17 am

Facts about Raptors:
- they lost best basketball player in the world today, nobody recovers from it
- Siakam is year older and more experienced , but there will be no Leonard for heavy lifting and he still struggles to shoot
- Lowry and Gasol are both in mid 30s now
- Raptors also lost Danny Green
- Floor will shrink for Siakam because Green and Leonard are replaced by....Anunoby and Stanley Johnson? Ouch

Imo there is realistic option that midway through a season Raptors decide to get younger and sell older players and just keep Siakam.

Claiming that Simmons doesn't like basketball, while guy averaged 14 ppg , 6 apg and 7 rpb while shooting whooping 62% FG ( 62,5% TS and 5,5 BPM ) is flat out silly.
You might not like him, he might can't shoot to save his life, but 6'10 ballhandler with passing skills of point guard, while always being top tear invidiual and team defender is valuable.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
CoachD
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#42 » by CoachD » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:33 pm

Rainwater wrote:
CoachD wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
In regards to the Sixers their shooting maybe a problem but they will be fine, lol. Bulter may have arguable been their best player in the Playoffs but he was the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. You make it seem like Embiid and Simmons, the sixer's best players and all stars, are not young and will not continue to improve. Tobes is an awesome third option and they picked up Horford. Philly is a legit contender, they were a lucky bounce away from maybe beating your raptors, lol. I honestly think you see the sixers as your rival hence the dislike.

The Raptors might make the playoffs but it is truly going to be a struggle. I don't think there is a team that has lost a top 5 player in the league, their best player, and has gotten better. Siakiam will have to have a hell of a season to overcome the lost of Leonard as they haven't found a replacement. Tor is a not young team, Kyle and Gasol are another year older. Especially Marc who is still a very decent defender but has clearly lost a few steps since his prime years. They lost their starting shooting. I just don't see the Raptors as a contender.

And I just don't get your logic that the Sixers lose their third or fourth best player in Bulter and somewhat replace him with a semi all star in Horford and get worst but somehow Tor loses Leonard their best player and MVP and don't replace him and still remain contenders. It makes no sense. It's like expecting the warriors to be contenders without Curry.

LOL Butler was never the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. You're PAINFULLY overvaluing Simmons. The guy doesn't love the sport and has no motor to improve.

As far as your evaluation on Toronto, I'm screenshotting this and coming back in April. "Might make the playoffs"? LMAO.
Siakam is the Kawhi replacement. You just don't understand how really great he is. Their team defense, and ball movement will be much better than last year.

Kyle and Marc are older? Yes. So is everyone else. LOL. Kyle's game is based on leadership and intellect. He was still among the top of the NBA in all impact stats. Marc will be a huge force on offense, now that there are 30 additional shots per game up for grabs.

People are also ignoring the crew of young players that Toronto has that have very high upside.

You really do hate Simmons and the Sixers, lol. But good luck to you. Tor might make the playoffs but I am pretty certain they won't make the finals lol.

I hate Simmons?
You need to understand the meaning of hate
CoachD
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by CoachD » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:38 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Facts about Raptors:
- Siakam is year older and more experienced , but there will be no Leonard for heavy lifting and he still struggles to shoot
- Floor will shrink for Siakam because Green and Leonard are replaced by....Anunoby and Stanley Johnson? Ouch

Imo there is realistic option that midway through a season Raptors decide to get younger and sell older players and just keep Siakam.

Claiming that Simmons doesn't like basketball, while guy averaged 14 ppg , 6 apg and 7 rpb while shooting whooping 62% FG ( 62,5% TS and 5,5 BPM ) is flat out silly.
You might not like him, he might can't shoot to save his life, but 6'10 ballhandler with passing skills of point guard, while always being top tear invidiual and team defender is valuable.

Simmons said HIMSELF this summer he fell out of love with basketball. Several of his former teammates have stated he doesn't practice or talk ball like a guy who's determined to get better.

His passing skills are average at best in the half court. He's a great transition passer.

In half court play he's useless more than 6 feet fr the rim
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#44 » by pepe1991 » Sat Oct 5, 2019 3:07 pm

CoachD wrote:

Simmons said HIMSELF this summer he fell out of love with basketball. Several of his former teammates have stated he doesn't practice or talk ball like a guy who's determined to get better.

His passing skills are average at best in the half court. He's a great transition passer.

And? Andre Agassi, one of the greatest tennis players in history in his book wrote" "I play tennis for a living even though I hate tennis, hate it with a dark and secret passion and always have." Most of us don't enjoy our jobs, it doesn't mean we don't give our max. Despite that he still is better basketball player than 90% of a league , also currently, youngest allstar.

Just like Siakam is. Siakam was more than anything oportunistic scorer.
As shooter in playoffs he was flat out terrible. Guy took 104 threes and was not guarded at all in 84 of them ( closest defender +6 feet away) ,yet he only shot 27%.
Only difference between them is that you trust Simmons with his dribble, where you simply don't do the same with Siakam.

I get that Raptors won championships and you guys can't wrap your heads around fact that it's over because finals MVP walked, but it is. You are bound for rebuild. Sorry.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#45 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 5, 2019 7:12 pm

Stop throwing facts pepe lol
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Sat Oct 5, 2019 7:16 pm

CoachD wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
CoachD wrote:
LOL Butler was never the 3rd or 4th best player on the team. You're PAINFULLY overvaluing Simmons. The guy doesn't love the sport and has no motor to improve.

As far as your evaluation on Toronto, I'm screenshotting this and coming back in April. "Might make the playoffs"? LMAO.
Siakam is the Kawhi replacement. You just don't understand how really great he is. Their team defense, and ball movement will be much better than last year.

Kyle and Marc are older? Yes. So is everyone else. LOL. Kyle's game is based on leadership and intellect. He was still among the top of the NBA in all impact stats. Marc will be a huge force on offense, now that there are 30 additional shots per game up for grabs.

People are also ignoring the crew of young players that Toronto has that have very high upside.

You really do hate Simmons and the Sixers, lol. But good luck to you. Tor might make the playoffs but I am pretty certain they won't make the finals lol.

I hate Simmons?
You need to understand the meaning of hate

Hate, dislike, disdain; use whatever word you would like but you got something against the guy lol.
CoachD
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by CoachD » Sun Oct 6, 2019 12:41 am

pepe1991 wrote:
CoachD wrote:

And? Andre Agassi, one of the greatest tennis players in history in his book wrote" "I play tennis for a living even though I hate tennis, hate it with a dark and secret passion and always have." Most of us don't enjoy our jobs, it doesn't mean we don't give our max. Despite that he still is better basketball player than 90% of a league , also currently, youngest allstar.

As shooter in playoffs he was flat out terrible. Guy took 104 threes and was not guarded at all in 84 of them ( closest defender +6 feet away) ,yet he only shot 27%.
Only difference between them is that you trust Simmons with his dribble, where you simply don't do the same with Siakam.

I get that Raptors won championships and you guys can't wrap your heads around fact that it's over because finals MVP walked, but it is. You are bound for rebuild. Sorry.

LOL

Ignore the fact that Siakam was one of the best corner 3ball shooters in the league last year I guess. Ya. Just LIKE Simmons. Lmao

Ignore the fact that he would initiate the break off his own rebounds and handle through traffic.

Ignore the fact that his PPP on isos where his handle would be tested was better than Simmons.

Lmao

Hilarious
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#48 » by pepe1991 » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:19 pm

CoachD wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
CoachD wrote:

LOL

Ignore the fact that Siakam was one of the best corner 3ball shooters in the league last year I guess. Ya. Just LIKE Simmons. Lmao

Ignore the fact that he would initiate the break off his own rebounds and handle through traffic.

Ignore the fact that his PPP on isos where his handle would be tested was better than Simmons.

Lmao

Hilarious

League's average corner 3 is 42,5%. Siakam shot 40% from corner, so he was actually below average. But hey , nice try.
Did i ever posted that Simmons is good shooter? No , so another miserable attemp to spin words because i said that he could not shoot 3s in playoffs , and that's just factual.

According to private data provided to SB Nation by NBA Advanced Stats, Simmons’ top recorded speed this year was 19.7 miles per hour, which translates to him racing the length of a court in roughly 3.25 seconds. For a bit of context, Kings’ point guard De’Aaron Fox, who declared himself the fastest player in the league, recorded a top speed of 18.6 miles per hour just before the all-star weekend.
So not only that Simmons is youngest allstar, one of best two way players ,and apsolute beast in transition , he is also one of fastest basketball players out there. But you are claiming Siakam is better because he can take rebound and run? :lol:

Siakam's PPP in iso plays is 0,97 , Ben Simmons 0,93 , almost irrelevant difference ,especially because Simmons had higher FG% in iso plays ( but also irrelevant )

"Lmao, Hillarious" :roll:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,551

Post#49 » by SOUL » Sun Oct 6, 2019 8:33 pm

I think this thread has run its course, thanks for the high praise, I hope both of our teams do well this year.

Return to Orlando Magic