ImageImageImageImage

When do the seats of Weltham heat up?

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Re: When do the seats of Weltham heat up? 

Post#141 » by drsd » Sun Feb 9, 2020 4:43 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Def Swami wrote:I've always viewed us as Kings East.

5 years ago this was so insulting. Now it's somewhat insulting to Kings fans.

I could see a thread comparing the Kings to the Jazz to the Magic.

That would be fascinating for me !!!!

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,066

Post#142 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Feb 9, 2020 7:01 pm

MagicMatic wrote:It’s not about the moves to make the team better now, this season. As far as I’m concerned this season is over with Isaacs injury.

The offense isn’t nearly good enough for our defense to suck as much as it has. That and career seasons from Vuc/ Ross were the only reasons we made it as far last year.

The moves we didn’t make that should make people mad are centered around AG and/or Fournier. I hate to say it, but I don’t know how Orlando gets out of this mess now. You can trade AG later, but Evan will likely become a negative asset for the foreseeable future.

For those that say Evan is important to the team because of a “lack of offense” I pose the question, so what? Would you rather have a half season of losing or 3-4 more? It’s time to take risks, the alternative doesn’t justify the status quo.

Why would anyone even care about our bench right now? Our starting lineup still gets smoked and could use upgrades.

I wholeheartedly agree. The only reason I bring up Burks and Robinson is to show just how incompetent the FO is. Their goal was clearly to upgrade the bench without giving up too much (a goal I disagree with since our starting lineup is way more important and insanely flawed) and there was an easy offer to be made to the Warriors for almost the same value on our end while bringing in not one, but TWO better players that could help from off the bench and in the starting lineup.

This FO is so bad they even failed to get a cheap bench player. They had to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#143 » by Skin » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Using the 6th pick on Bamba after drafting Issac was dumb, most of us said it when it happened. Not trading AG with him and Issac playing the same position also dumb. Not addressing scoring and shooting every summer and draft is negligent.

Im not mad at them for that. There are a million other reasons I would list first.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#144 » by The Effect » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:01 am

pepe1991 wrote:Aminu isn't THAT bad, but probably isn't as good as Blazers made him look.

Blazers didn't make him look good, he looked like trash work them too. I'm friends with a couple blazers dance and they talked **** about him all season last year and really went out of their way to remind me how trash he is after we signed him....1 year in and he's even worse than they said
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#145 » by Ducklett » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:25 am

drsd wrote:
Skybox wrote:This is why it would be fun to be a HEAT fan...no patience, Riley feels they are entitled to contend every year and they are in the mix for every free agent or unhappy star, regardless of small details like tradeable assets or cap room :nod: they’ve made mistakes but never tapped out...let’s face it, the NBA is a game, and entertainment...the only real danger is to be boring or irrelevant. This isn’t, say, the Presidency, where being an impulsive nut has real ramifications :o

No guts, no glory....no moves, no interest, no revenue

Greater Orlando has a population of 2,100,000 and greater Miami 6,200,000.

Miami Downtown is more lively than Orlando (night clubs, hip-hop scene, etc.). Plus Miami is basically never cold. So all the benefits Orlando has (no in-state taxes and a good airport), Miami has those equally and is a place where many very rich young people would want to live.

Really the better comparison for Orlando is San Antonio. It is very similar structurally and density wise, and has been a better team over the last 10 years, and it did not get there by tanking.

(The Salt Lake City–Provo–Orem Combined Statistical Area is also similar in size to greater Orlando, and the Jazz also did not tank).

The Spurs are an amazing franchise, but lying about them not tanking is silly. They very much tanked for Tim Duncan. When Robinson went down, they threw as many games as they could and literally everyone knew it.

Return to Orlando Magic