ImageImageImageImage

Orlando's record; wins minus losses

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,819

Re: Orlando's record; wins minus losses 

Post#41 » by drsd » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:59 pm

It certainly looks as if four teams will "race" to the 8-seed: Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit, and Chicago.

The Knicks are (incredibly) a full 2 games over the Hawks.

drsd
RealGM

Post#42 » by drsd » Fri Jan 3, 2020 4:21 pm

Moved this:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:Well. I truly think we're just in a slump right now and while its disheartening anyone thats watched this team play knows we're notoriously slow starters. We'll see how it goes but Vuc will get back to form, he's too good not to, its just a matter of if he'll get help from anyone else outside of Fournier.

The Magic is on pace with last year's record and this is actually not horrible post-dwightmare. Avoiding a string of losses over the next-20 games makes this team superior to most these last 8 years.

Currently the Magic is only 1 1/2 games out of the 7-slot and is a full 2 1/2 games in the playoffs.

Interestingly: all teams with a winning home record are in a playoff position (including the 14-19 Spurs). And No team with losing home record is. So home wins look to be keys this season for a ticket to the second season.

drsd
RealGM

Post#43 » by drsd » Sat Jan 4, 2020 8:13 am

After beating the Heat, the Magic is now 3 full games in to a playoff slot, and has the 7th "best" points differential in the East.

The Magic is only 1 game back of the 7-seed; tied in the Wins column.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Post#44 » by MoMM » Sun Jan 5, 2020 11:37 am

drsd wrote:It certainly looks as if four teams will "race" to the 8-seed: Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit, and Chicago.

Considering that Drummond should be traded, I'd say the Pistons wont make the playoffs.
drsd
RealGM

Post#45 » by drsd » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:31 am

drsd
RealGM

Post#46 » by drsd » Tue Jan 7, 2020 7:32 am

MoMM wrote:Considering that Drummond should be traded, I'd say the Pistons wont make the playoffs.

And this:
Blake Griffin Considering Season-Ending Knee Surgery
drsd
RealGM

Post#47 » by drsd » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:21 am

The Magic is currently at the same W / L mark of last year. And this is exactly when last year's team went to a free fall:

drsd
RealGM

Post#48 » by drsd » Wed Jan 8, 2020 10:32 am

With the Nets losing at home last night, the Magic is now 1/2 up in the 7 slot, and 3-games in to a playoff position.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#49 » by paperboymafia » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:46 pm

dang, that gap to six
drsd
RealGM

Post#50 » by drsd » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:26 pm

drsd wrote:It certainly looks as if four teams will "race" to the 8-seed: Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit, and Chicago.

Well it is now between Brooklyn, Orlando, Chicago and Charlotte for the final two slots.

I like the Magic's odds here !!!

p.s. I can see the Nets missing the playoffs.

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#51 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 6:37 pm

drsd wrote:

Well it is now between Brooklyn, Orlando, Chicago and Charlotte for the final two slots.

I like the Magic's odds here !!!

p.s. I can see the Nets missing the playoffs.

I wouldn't call them out just yet. Base on how they play well after the trade deadline around March will dictate the story. For them and the Magic as well. Charlotte is the other team I would keep an eye on to some extent. If they don't pull any trade moves near or around the deadline, I'm expecting them to miss the playoffs again.
drsd
RealGM

Post#52 » by drsd » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:40 am

SD2042 wrote:I wouldn't call them (Nets) out just yet. Base on how they play well after the trade deadline around March will dictate the story. For them and the Magic as well. Charlotte is the other team I would keep an eye on to some extent. If they don't pull any trade moves near or around the deadline, I'm expecting them to miss the playoffs again.

I really think the Bulls is underachieving. I like Chicago for the #8 right now.

and p.s. I really could not have imagined the Hawks being this BAD. Their roster is not horrible in paper.

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#53 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:38 pm

drsd wrote:
SD2042 wrote:I wouldn't call them (Nets) out just yet. Base on how they play well after the trade deadline around March will dictate the story. For them and the Magic as well. Charlotte is the other team I would keep an eye on to some extent. If they don't pull any trade moves near or around the deadline, I'm expecting them to miss the playoffs again.

I really think the Bulls is underachieving. I like Chicago for the #8 right now.

and p.s. I really could not have imagined the Hawks being this BAD. Their roster is not horrible in paper.

I think there is still some underlining issues linking between some of the players and maybe Boylen himself. Another issue I'm observing is Markkanen himself. His issues continue to be consistency on offense. My thoughts was that he was suppose to be the main guy the Bulls suppose to be building around. He has stepped back. I don't know what the issue truly is. Is it his confidence? Did the Bulls feel that Zach LaVine is the player the Bulls should build around? This year, LaVine has stepped up to the plate. The question is, will LaVine be the player that leads the Bulls to the playoffs?

As for the Hawks, I was expecting the Grizzlies to be where the Hawks are currently. The roles have been reverse to my own astonishment. The Hawks have dealt with a suspension, inconsistencies, potential unrest in the locker room, and maybe a sense of impatience during their rebuild. That said, they need to figure out how to iron out these issues and understand that just making a move is not going to solve their current situation overnight. If they are content on making this move, then it needs to be for the right reasons and not based on reactionary reasons. Those type of moves will get you set back in this league.
drsd
RealGM

Post#54 » by drsd » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:40 pm

SD2042 wrote:I think there is still some underlining issues linking between some of the players and maybe Boylen himself. Another issue I'm observing is Markkanen himself. His issues continue to be consistency on offense. My thoughts was that he was suppose to be the main guy the Bulls suppose to be building around. He has stepped back, I don't know what the issue truly is. Is it his confidence? Did the Bulls feel that Zach LaVine is the player the Bulls should build around? This year, LaVine has definite stepped up to the plate. The question is, will LaVine be the player that leads the Bulls to the playoffs?

As for the Hawks, I was expecting the Grizzlies to be where the Hawks are currently. The roles have been reverse to my own astonishment. The Hawks have dealt with a suspension, inconsistencies, potential unrest in the locker room, and maybe a sense of impatience during their rebuild. That said, they need to figure out how to iron out these issues and understand that just making a move is not going to solve their current situation overnight. If they are content on making this move, then it needs to be for the right reasons and not on based on reactionary reasons. Those type of moves will get you set back in this league.

Very nice editorial.

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,126

Post#55 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:11 pm

drsd wrote:
SD2042 wrote:I think there is still some underlining issues linking between some of the players and maybe Boylen himself. Another issue I'm observing is Markkanen himself. His issues continue to be consistency on offense. My thoughts was that he was suppose to be the main guy the Bulls suppose to be building around. He has stepped back, I don't know what the issue truly is. Is it his confidence? Did the Bulls feel that Zach LaVine is the player the Bulls should build around? This year, LaVine has definite stepped up to the plate. The question is, will LaVine be the player that leads the Bulls to the playoffs?

As for the Hawks, I was expecting the Grizzlies to be where the Hawks are currently. The roles have been reverse to my own astonishment. The Hawks have dealt with a suspension, inconsistencies, potential unrest in the locker room, and maybe a sense of impatience during their rebuild. That said, they need to figure out how to iron out these issues and understand that just making a move is not going to solve their current situation overnight. If they are content on making this move, then it needs to be for the right reasons and not on based on reactionary reasons. Those type of moves will get you set back in this league.

Very nice editorial.

Imo bulls main issue is coach. Also it's pretty obvious that Wendell Carter is really F-ing good. He is 8th in DBPM at C position. His offense needs work or/and he needs better PG. But that could be said for whole Bulls roster.
They also need Porter to be healthy to streach floor.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#56 » by drsd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:12 pm

The Magic is nicely avoiding their "annual" collapse this year !!!!

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#57 » by TheGlyde » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:31 am

The Magic now have the best record after 44 games (21-23) than at any previous point in the Post Dwight era.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 765

Post#58 » by Tarheel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:29 pm

TheGlyde wrote:The Magic now have the best record after 44 games (21-23) than at any previous point in the Post Dwight era.

This is both encouraging and depressing :lol:
drsd
RealGM

Post#59 » by drsd » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am

How quickly this changed. Detroit is 5 1/2 games back of Orlando and Chicago a full 6. For Orlando to miss the playoffs, these two things would need to occur: Chicago or Detroit would need to win at least 19 games (a 500-clip, which is unlikely), and Orlando would need to go 14-24 (37% win rate).

In other words, we Magic fans can already make our playoff plans with comfort.

Furthermore, it is not likely that the Nets will catch the Magic (2 full games up tight now), and as Orlando is a full 7 games back of the 6-slot, the Magic is essentially guaranteed at game 44 to play the pack of teams fighting for seed 2-6: Miami, Toronto, Boston and Philly are all win 1 1/2 games of each other!

drsd
RealGM

Post#60 » by drsd » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 am

For me the only really question is if Orlando can go 20-18 (or better) to close out a second-straight season of a non-losing record.

Return to Orlando Magic