ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 43: Orlando Magic (20-22) at Golden State Warriors (9-34) - 8:30pm ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Re: Regular Season Game 43: Orlando Magic (20-22) at Golden State Warriors (9-34) - 8:30pm ET 

Post#221 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:38 am

penny_nz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:Is there anyone here who believes the defense of Isaac wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this game down the stretch?

This team is about Fultz and Isaac. No one else matters. With Isaac out I could not care less about the W/L result. I care about seeing growth from Fultz and that is what I saw.

Had Isaac been there I would be upset about the loss. But without him this result only strengthens everything I believe about this team.

So core of a rebuild is PG who can't pass that well and shoot at all and defensive minded , limited on offense pf.

sheees i wonder why that sounds so familiar

Spoiler:

That one really panned out so well that it has to be done again. :oops:

I'm genuinely interested as to why you think Fultz isn't a great passer? I think he's got outstanding vision, and also plays selflessly, not hunting for assists and just moving the ball. If that thought is about his assist numbers, the above combined with the Magics poor shooting % explains it, the amount of times per game he kicks to wide open shooters who brick is soul destroying.

I'd also say he has shown good touch from the mid range and obviously great finishing around the rim, but agree his 3pm shooting still has a long way to go.

He is 64th in assist to turnover ratio and in that department he is worst than some centers and some s***y shooting guards.
In potential assists he still worst than DJ who some fans painted as "shooter" and " bad playmaker".

In secundary assists he is worst than both DJ and Fournier.

Both categories are counting stats numbers, but issue is - nobody recived more passes than Fultz, therfore he should dominate this data. But he does not.

Also his raw APGs are simply low. 4.5 a a game . That's some Mario Chalmers on Heat "playmaking" where eveybody but him was playmaker on that team. And NBA counts everything as assist.

His adjusted assists rank him 37th in nba and ahead of him you have names like : Kawhi Leonard, Derozan, Derick Rose... Just with him Jamal Murray.
I don't know about you but i never viewed Derick Rose as " playmaker" or great passer. Same with Kawhi Leonard and Derozan.

Just to make it clear, i don't think elite PG has to be Chris Paul level of passer.
I prefer Lillard anyway :lol:

btw watching Jrue Holiday being elite playmaker year after year after year, yet hating to play PG must be most frustrating thing ever , if you are Pelicans fan :crazy:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,501

Re: Regular Season Game 43: Orlando Magic (20-22) at Golden State Warriors (9-34) - 8:30pm ET 

Post#222 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:42 am

No one here is saying Fultz or Isaac are stars or are locks to become stars. Although, I do give them more of a shot than Pepe seems to.

But we do know that Evan and Vuc never will be.

When I say “Fultz and Isaac are the only players worth caring about” that is with respect to the bag of role players we have. That doesn’t mean they alone are the foundation or that legit super star for them to compliment isn’t the ultimate goal.

But we know what AG, Evan and Vuc are.

I do see a future where Vuc remains. If Chuma can be a strong 3D forward and we can add an all-star shooter at the 2-guard then we have a pretty nice lineup with 3 elite defenders.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#223 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:49 am

MagicFan101 wrote:No one here is saying Fultz or Isaac are stars or are locks to become stars. Although, I do give them more of a shot than Pepe seems to.

But we do know that Evan and Vuc never will be.

When I say “Fultz and Isaac are the only players worth caring about” that is with respect to the bag of role players we have. That doesn’t mean they alone are the foundation or that legit super star for them to compliment isn’t the ultimate goal.

But we know what AG, Evan and Vuc are.

I do see a future where Vuc remains. If Chuma can be a strong 3D forward and we can add an all-star shooter at the 2-guard then we have a pretty nice lineup with 3 elite defenders.

I struggle to care too much about current team tbh but let's be clear and honest.
In this moment there are at least 5 fringe rotation players who are playing rotation min because there is nobody else healthy enough to do so.
Clark, Iwundu, Birch, MCw , Bamba , Jefferson, Johnson.

That's not how WeHam and Clifford imagined late January active roster. with Isaac , Aminu and DJ, 3 big time rotation players being lost for what could be rest of a season. In addition Evan and Gordon are hurt ,but have to play.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#224 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:04 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:Can anyone explain how Vuc was 6-19 against the Warriors?
Last playoffs we wanted nim to deal with Gasol.He coudnt but seeing nim now trying to deal with such all star centers like WCS and alike and still looking worse than such scrubs is so very Magoc. Yet another L on Vuc.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#225 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:15 am

Shouldn't most of this discussion be moved to the Vuc/Founier thread?
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#226 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:19 am

Broad brush statement alert...

If you can't see that Fultz is a great playmaker and/or can't see that he's clearly got the most offensive/star potential on this team (regardless of stats), I'm guessing you either haven't watched the Magic play or have watched the Magic too long that you can't remember what star potential on our team looks like. Or you maybe don't know much about basketball? I mean, even opposing announcers (I have to stream all the games) rave about how great he is and how tough he is to guard already - even without a threatening 3pt shot.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#227 » by Furinkazan » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:05 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:Shouldn't most of this discussion be moved to the Vuc/Founier thread?

True but

Wait why would I or any other person.comment there if We are talking about this game.Thats not my problem some people don’t want to read/hear about it.There are buttons for that as we all know basically what each poster stance is on all this.We all ve been around for years.
And before some smarty pants will say where were you when Vuc was having a good games.I was where I supposed to be giving Vuc a vote in the vest thread but since we don’t have a dunce cap threads anymore .... there you have it I have to voice myself in other ways.

Bring back dunce cap threads.
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#228 » by OrlandoSaban » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Vuc is our first all-star in how long???
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#229 » by drsd » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:50 pm

pepe1991 wrote:He is 64th in assist to turnover ratio and in that department he is worst than some centers and some s***y shooting guards.
In potential assists he still worst than DJ who some fans painted as "shooter" and " bad playmaker".

In secundary assists he is worst than both DJ and Fournier.

Both categories are counting stats numbers, but issue is - nobody recived more passes than Fultz, therfore he should dominate this data. But he does not.

Also his raw APGs are simply low. 4.5 a a game . That's some Mario Chalmers on Heat "playmaking" where eveybody but him was playmaker on that team. And NBA counts everything as assist.

His adjusted assists rank him 37th in nba and ahead of him you have names like : Kawhi Leonard, Derozan, Derick Rose... Just with him Jamal Murray.
I don't know about you but i never viewed Derick Rose as " playmaker" or great passer. Same with Kawhi Leonard and Derozan.

Just to make it clear, i don't think elite PG has to be Chris Paul level of passer.
I prefer Lillard anyway :lol:

btw watching Jrue Holiday being elite playmaker year after year after year, yet hating to play PG must be most frustrating thing ever , if you are Pelicans fan :crazy:

Interesting and informative statistical facts. That said, an NBA elite PG usually takes about 5 years to develop. So maybe this is a post on teething pains.

Return to Orlando Magic