ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Re: Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET 

Post#181 » by OrlandoNed » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:39 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Bamba is unplayable
Vucevic is a complete defensive liability
Gordon ONLY knows how to dunk
We're lost without Isaac
Cliffords scheme is so predictable

I really hope we're sellers at the deadline...

We won't be, because our management top to bottom is content with mediocrity.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,004

Re: Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET 

Post#182 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:40 am

Can't blame vuc defensively, we got outcoached again......we're switching everything which means all OKC has to do is run a simple pick and roll to get the matchup they like which was most likely a big guarding a guard and at that point it's simple....can't expect vuc to guard the opposing guards when our guards can't defend them.... they ran pick and roll all night to exploit the fact that our guards gets killed on screens and our big HAS to step up but when that happens at that point you're giving up lobs....can't blame one player for the defense, our entire defensive scheme got ripped to shreds and clifford did nothing to adjust. Donovan outclassed Clifford tonight as Steve Kerr did the other day
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#183 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:41 am

OrlandoNed wrote:
We're lost without Isaac

Season finale spoiler alert:

No moves are made other than a minor move for F depth, this team gets skull ****ed in the first round losing in 5, and then we bring back Fournier on a big money long term deal.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#184 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 am

Bamba......I don't know man.....i guess at this point i thought i would see flashes of greatness but all i see is flashes of him being a journeyman......has all the tools but the motor is in question....what mitchell robinson is doing? that is what i expected from bamba, they're the same age.....
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,514

Post#185 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:48 am

KillMonger wrote:Bamba......I don't know man.....i guess at this point i thought i would see flashes of greatness but all i see is flashes of him being a journeyman......has all the tools but the motor is in question....what mitchell robinson is doing? that is what i expected from bamba, they're the same age.....

Might not want to check Mitch's last month of games :lol:
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#186 » by JojoSlimbiid » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:52 am

At this point I think it might actually be Fultz. I just don't see how a competitor with those ball skills would just be content walking the ball up on 85% of the plays and giving it to Fournier and just running away.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#187 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:53 am

KillMonger wrote:Bamba......I don't know man.....i guess at this point i thought i would see flashes of greatness but all i see is flashes of him being a journeyman......has all the tools but the motor is in question....what mitchell robinson is doing? that is what i expected from bamba, they're the same age.....

Yea, Mitchell isn't the best comp right about now.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#188 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:56 am

SOUL wrote:

Might not want to check Mitch's last month of games :lol:

i'll check it out later but i know what i see, high energy fights on the boards and knows how to use his length.....i wish bamba had his energy, and to be fair bamba last months of games isn't really anything to write home about either.....i mean you're talking about a player who was a second rounder vs the 6th overall :lol: :lol:
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#189 » by OrlandoSaban » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:57 am

FFBlitzace wrote:I honestly dread game nights. I can't not watch, because I'm insane and genuinely feel like I can't stop watching or else I won't be a legit fan anymore. I couldn't justify it in my head to skip games I'm capable of watching. But I absolutely loathe watching games now. I'm not even happy when we win, I'm just less mad than I would be if we lost. No need to say, "It's ok man, we all need a break sometimes, don't let it drag you down." Nah, I'm alright, I'm not depressed or anything. But for 2 and a half hours every couple days, I'm miserable while I watch the game and I just sit there in my chair shaking my head. I cannot believe I'm still watching the same thing happen every night. I would have never believed it if you told me 5 years ago that we'd still be doing this in 2020. It would have been an absurd statement. Unfathomable.

Very weird post man!
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#190 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 am

SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Vuc and Ross were the only players who showed up.

Neither of those guys showed up defensively.

Vucevic 3 steals... rest of our starters 3 steals combined.
Vucevic 4 deflections... rest of our starters 4 deflections combined.
Vucevic 1 block... rest of our starters 0 blocks.
Vucevic 11 rebounds... PF, SF, SG 11 rebounds combined.
Vucevic got left on an island nearly every PnR... he can't be expected to guard the PG and C at the same time.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#191 » by j-ragg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:14 am

OrlandoSaban wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:I honestly dread game nights. I can't not watch, because I'm insane and genuinely feel like I can't stop watching or else I won't be a legit fan anymore. I couldn't justify it in my head to skip games I'm capable of watching. But I absolutely loathe watching games now. I'm not even happy when we win, I'm just less mad than I would be if we lost. No need to say, "It's ok man, we all need a break sometimes, don't let it drag you down." Nah, I'm alright, I'm not depressed or anything. But for 2 and a half hours every couple days, I'm miserable while I watch the game and I just sit there in my chair shaking my head. I cannot believe I'm still watching the same thing happen every night. I would have never believed it if you told me 5 years ago that we'd still be doing this in 2020. It would have been an absurd statement. Unfathomable.

Very weird post man!

I feel the same hurt.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#192 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:29 am

OrlandO wrote:
SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Vuc and Ross were the only players who showed up.

Vucevic got left on an island nearly every PnR... he can't be expected to guard the PG and C at the same time.

Got it. Never Vuc's fault.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Post#193 » by MagicMatic » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:32 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
We're lost without Isaac

Season finale spoiler alert:

No moves are made other than a minor move for F depth, this team gets skull ****ed in the first round losing in 5, and then we bring back Fournier on a big money long term deal.

I’d actually be shocked if it’s anything but this.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#194 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:41 am

SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Got it, always Vuc's fault.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#195 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:47 am

OrlandO wrote:
SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Vucevic 3 steals... rest of our starters 3 steals combined.

Got it, always Vuc's fault.

Nope, you can't admit that Vuc played bad defense WITH bad perimeter defense.. that's being called a homer.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#196 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:59 am

I forgot the Magic played tonight. I guess I am starting to care less and less. Whats the point anymore.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#197 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:06 am

SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
SOUL wrote:

at least not tonight, it was a scheme problem.....to be fair most of the time it's clifford's fault and ultimately it's weltham's fault.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#198 » by rcklsscognition » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:12 am

I'm exclusively on House of Highlights instead of League Pass. 7 minutes and you see most of the action. Team is boring AF most nights.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,584

Post#199 » by Rainwater » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:45 am

darthmerrick wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:This game is on Cliff and Vuc and Evan. Unfathomable how we just don't use Fultz at the end of the game. Even if a play for Vuc and Evan is called they should override it and go with something that has a chance.

Calm down. That time will come. Cliff is a system coach. We hired him for that system and he has taken essentially the same team Vogel had to new heights. His system got high potential kids to play like professionals. We needed that. But just other other teams found out, he doesn’t offer much else as a coach and we will soon need more.

I give Jason Kidd most of the credit for Giannis and Middleton's rise in Milwaukee. I think he could take Fultz and Issac to the next level.

Kidd may do something in terms of player development but he is a terrible head coach. Mil got significantly better once he left and was replaced. Asked any bucks fan about him.

And if you hate how the current magic coach refuses to embrace modern basketball you will surely hate Kidd. He is just as bad.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#200 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:50 am

KillMonger wrote:
SOUL wrote:
OrlandO wrote:Vucevic 3 steals... rest of our starters 3 steals combined.

at least not tonight, it was a scheme problem.....to be fair most of the time it's clifford's fault and ultimately it's weltham's fault.

Don't get me wrong Clifford is just as much to blame as anybody but I'm saying on the possessions where Vuc ISNT out of position, he needs to play better in the paint, period.. I don't get why it's such a hard thing for some people to admit that Vuc wasn't on his best defensively tonight. And the only reason I'm harping on it is because everybody already admits the perimeter defense was ass and nobody is defending that mess because it was obvious.

Return to Orlando Magic