ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET 

Post#221 » by basketballRob » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am

pepe1991 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Since people mentioned how easly their Cs got lobs, what execlly can C do in situations like this?

This are hopless plays. Cs are slow, one jab step will throw them out of balance, it just depends will Schroder/CP3/SGA make or miss shot or drive pass both of them.

1 or 2 lobs with athletic C's are hard to stop, but there was 6 I think tonight. Unacceptable. It was either no response from our guards or Vuc wasn't stepping up after guard got screened and played monkey in the middle which gave lobs.

Ideally, take pic 1 for example, Vuc steps up quick when you see guard getting screened, Fultz guards Noel, Schroder is then forced to make a tough pass over tall C and Ross who is recovering, potentially gets tipped, etc, regardless Dennis making a tough pass to Noel or CP3 in that scenario is what we should've tried to adjust to but we kept doing the same stuff.

i edited last pic because it was same as pic 2

Anyway it's hard when you face team with 3 ballhandlers and mobile C and two streach bigs ( Galo and Muscala who decided to look like Dirk...).
And OKC has luxury to play Noel and Schroder off bench, and much like Lou and Harrell they are simply too good for vast majority of bench opponents they face. Noel is easly best backup C in a game nowdays.
Vuc needs to start guarding the 3 point line.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
fklt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,643

Re: Regular Season Game 45: Oklahoma City Thunder (25-19) at Orlando Magic (21-23) - 7pm ET 

Post#222 » by fklt » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:45 pm

cedric76 wrote:This is why people r wrong, they keep saying that we need offensive players, this is wrong, we neee to focus on D and move the ball better.

I look forward to have JI and chuma back.

We need to trade AG for a good 3&D that get us at least 3ft per game

weltman? is that you?

you can never have too much defense! MOAR!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#223 » by cedric76 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 pm

fklt wrote:
cedric76 wrote:This is why people r wrong, they keep saying that we need offensive players, this is wrong, we neee to focus on D and move the ball better.

I look forward to have JI and chuma back.

We need to trade AG for a good 3&D that get us at least 3ft per game

weltman? is that you?

you can never have too much defense! MOAR!

I wish
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 660

Post#224 » by BlueBalls » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:04 pm

The alternate unis and floor have been the best parts about this season. And Fultz.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#225 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:04 pm

basketballRob wrote:Noel was 7-10 and Muscala was 5-6 including 4-4 from 3 and I only saw them score once on Bamba.

Bamba gave us 2 points and 2 rebounds. Amazing.
Bamba wasn't stopping anybody. He gave up at least two oops to Noel, a three to Muscala and he let Schroder take and make three slowly timed catch and shoot threes in his face.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#226 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

OrlandO wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Noel was 7-10 and Muscala was 5-6 including 4-4 from 3 and I only saw them score once on Bamba.

Bamba gave us 2 points and 2 rebounds. Amazing.
Bamba wasn't stopping anybody. He gave up at least two oops to Noel, a three to Muscala and he let Schroder take and make three slowly timed catch and shoot threes in his face.

warming up to the idea of moving Bamba.. slow motor slow IQ and just got by on intangibles in college.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#227 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:14 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Since people mentioned how easly their Cs got lobs, what execlly can C do in situations like this?

This are hopless plays. Cs are slow, one jab step will throw them out of balance, it just depends will Schroder/CP3/SGA make or miss shot or drive pass both of them.

Bonus lob footage of not big's fault guard lost his way

I know it's not the answer to your question, but I'll pose a rebuttal:

Why don't we do 6 lobs a game to Vuc if it's so unguardable? Maybe having an athletic center who can guard lobs and who can dunk lobs is more important than one who can knock down 18 ft 2 pointers.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#228 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:15 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:I honestly dread game nights. I can't not watch, because I'm insane and genuinely feel like I can't stop watching or else I won't be a legit fan anymore. I couldn't justify it in my head to skip games I'm capable of watching. But I absolutely loathe watching games now. I'm not even happy when we win, I'm just less mad than I would be if we lost. No need to say, "It's ok man, we all need a break sometimes, don't let it drag you down." Nah, I'm alright, I'm not depressed or anything. But for 2 and a half hours every couple days, I'm miserable while I watch the game and I just sit there in my chair shaking my head. I cannot believe I'm still watching the same thing happen every night. I would have never believed it if you told me 5 years ago that we'd still be doing this in 2020. It would have been an absurd statement. Unfathomable.

This is how I feel homie but got a ton of crap for saying the only reason I watch this team this season if for Fultz and Isaac. The rest is a known commodity and one that I've been done with for years.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#229 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:49 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:

Bonus lob footage of not big's fault guard lost his way

Why don't we do 6 lobs a game to Vuc if it's so unguardable? Maybe having an athletic center who can guard lobs and who can dunk lobs is more important than one who can knock down 18 ft 2 pointers.

They scored at least 4 FGs on Bamba who fits young athletic category. In mean time Bamba cought 0 lobs since early Decmber, same with Birch.
Lobs are created by guards, Cs just execute it.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#230 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:10 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

They scored at least 4 FGs on Bamba who fits young athletic category. In mean time Bamba cought 0 lobs since early Decmber, same with Birch.

2019-20 Season Alley-Oops:
Vuc: 1/5
Bamba 8/11

Looks like it's more on Vuc than it is the guards. Bamba gets twice as many oops with half the minutes. He's also way better at it.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,124

Post#231 » by pepe1991 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:20 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

Bamba 8/11

Looks like it's more on Vuc than it is the guards. Bamba gets twice as many oops with half the minutes. He's also way better at it.

8 FGM during 45 games really sounds like sustainable offense lol

Btw i:m not even sure what's your point? There was period of time when Deandre Jordan looked like allstar because of Chris Paul.
David West indeed was allstar when he played with CP3.
Guy is one of most gifted passers ever.

Noel prior OKC was usless on offense.

Lobs are broken plays. It's like trying to run defense around charges. Situational thing, not gameplan worthy
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#232 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba 8/11

Btw i:m not even sure what's your point? There was period of time when Deandre Jordan looked like allstar because of Chris Paul.

Lobs are broken plays. It's like trying to run defense around charges. Situational thing, not gameplan worthy

Fair enough. My point was... if something is unguardable in the NBA, why don't we try and do it? Seems like some of it is on our guards but also our starting center is just not good at it. Even last season, Vuc was 5/7 while Birch was 10/14 playing way fewer games and minutes.

Not sure how lobs are broken plays. They are literally just a well executed pick and roll.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#233 » by Furinkazan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:35 pm

basketballRob wrote:Can't imagine us making a trade even if we lose 5 in a row.

I fixed that for you
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#234 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:42 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
Bamba 8/11

Fair enough. My point was... if something is unguardable in the NBA, why don't we try and do it? Seems like some of it is on our guards but also our starting center is just not good at it. Even last season, Vuc was 5/7 while Birch was 10/14 playing way fewer games and minutes.

Not sure how lobs are broken plays. They are literally just a well executed pick and roll.

We had just 3 combined oops from AG, JI, Birch and Bamba while Vuc was out with injury. Birch had 0. Mic drop.

Spoiler:
Backups DJ and Aminu assisted on all of them :lol:
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,199

Post#235 » by J-Mezzy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:06 pm

I heard a guy in row 2 section 107 scream evan and his damn hero ball

I am certain he posts here
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#236 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:11 pm

OrlandO wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

We had just 3 combined oops from AG, JI, Birch and Bamba while Vuc was out with injury. Birch had 0. Mic drop.

Spoiler:

You got me man. Mic drop because Vuc is bad at them, our guards aren't great at them (especially Evan), and Cliff doesn't run them - an "unguardable" play.

Look, I don't really care that much about lobs but if the response to Vuc being bad at defending them is simply because it's an unguardable play - it made me wonder how good Vuc was at alley-oops. Turns out he's not great at them (not surprising since he has very little hops). Just made me curious.

I am also curious how many charges Vuc has taken in his career. Can't find those numbers. I can't remember him taking 1 but I'm sure my memory is off.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#237 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:21 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba 8/11

I agree. Lobs are not planned, but happen on a fast break or broken play when a player is open when driving to the rim and the Guard has the vision to catch him at the right time. They just happen and are not planned. Bamba and Birch are young, so I expect players like Bamba, AG or Slim (Isaac) to get more lobs than Vooch.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
OrlandO
RealGM

Post#238 » by OrlandO » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:25 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
OrlandO wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:

Spoiler:

You got me man. Mic drop because Vuc is bad at them, our guards aren't great at them (especially Evan), and Cliff doesn't run them - an "unguardable" play.

Point is it's not so simple just throwing out our athletes and running and dunking like they're NBA Jam characters.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#239 » by swarlesbarkley » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:28 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Bamba 8/11

Just looked it up. Noel has had 49 lobs this year. He's on track for the most in his career, sure, but to say he was useless before (at least in the context of lobs) is not true.

18-19: 54 in 77 games played
17-18: 28 in 30 games played
16-17: 70 in 73 games played
15-16: 72 in 67 games played
14-15: 45 in 75 games played

So it's not just the Chris Paul effect.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,088

Post#240 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:55 pm

OrlandO wrote:
swarlesbarkley wrote:
OrlandO wrote:

Spoiler:

Point is it's not so simple just throwing out our athletes and running and dunking like they're NBA Jam characters.

have to have players who can beat the man 1v1 to throw lobs as well. This team has 1 player who can do that and he currently isn't trusted to do so which is befuddling.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:

Return to Orlando Magic