ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 46: Boston Celtics (29-14) at Orlando Magic (21-24) - 7pm ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Re: Regular Season Game 46: Boston Celtics (29-14) at Orlando Magic (21-24) - 7pm ET 

Post#141 » by tiderulz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:48 am

KillMonger wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:
KillMonger wrote:By far? stop capping man, fournier is right in that same damn boat.....all 3 are folding like a bad hand in poker, let's not kid ourselves

Sure, but you're taking my post a little out of context. When I say he's been better "by far," I don't mean he's been great, I mean he's been inconsistent and mediocre as hell all year, and that still destroys Vuc and Ross. It's not a positive Fournier post, it's a negative Vuc and Ross post.

i get it but i mean fournier is just points....that's all he's giving you, if he's not hitting you're getting nothing else and it's same with ross....at least with vuc if he's not scoring he'll give you boards, he'll give you assists.....minimal defense but it's way more valuable than what you'd get from a ross and fournier when they're not hitting shots

you realize that Vuc is putting up 3.4 apg, Fournier 3.3 apg. So they have the same apg.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,530

Re: Regular Season Game 46: Boston Celtics (29-14) at Orlando Magic (21-24) - 7pm ET 

Post#142 » by Rainwater » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:52 am

It's funny even with how bad the magic are they will still likely make the playoffs, lol. The east is just so bad.

The magic have put themselves in the worse position possible. No good draft pick and quick exist in the first round.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#143 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:31 am

tiderulz wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Sure, but you're taking my post a little out of context. When I say he's been better "by far," I don't mean he's been great, I mean he's been inconsistent and mediocre as hell all year, and that still destroys Vuc and Ross. It's not a positive Fournier post, it's a negative Vuc and Ross post.

i get it but i mean fournier is just points....that's all he's giving you, if he's not hitting you're getting nothing else and it's same with ross....at least with vuc if he's not scoring he'll give you boards, he'll give you assists.....minimal defense but it's way more valuable than what you'd get from a ross and fournier when they're not hitting shots

you realize that Vuc is putting up 3.4 apg, Fournier 3.3 apg. So they have the same apg.

didn't realize it, i just remember countless times where fournier will drive into 2 or 3 people and we have a player open in the corner and never makes the right pass...most of the times it's JI with his hands waving in the air only for evan to put up some bullszit......to me one of these things is not like the other...... one is willing the other is reluctant more often than not, i can't count how many times where all evan has to do is make one pass and we have a better shot instead most of the time he elects to take his own shot and more often than not it's way more difficult. Stats don't tell the whole story, if you watch the games you'll know that
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#144 » by tiderulz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:32 am

KillMonger wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
KillMonger wrote:i get it but i mean fournier is just points....that's all he's giving you, if he's not hitting you're getting nothing else and it's same with ross....at least with vuc if he's not scoring he'll give you boards, he'll give you assists.....minimal defense but it's way more valuable than what you'd get from a ross and fournier when they're not hitting shots

didn't realize it, i just remember countless times where fournier will drive into 2 or 3 people and we have a player open in the corner and never makes the right pass...most of the times it's JI with his hands waving in the air only for evan to put up some bullszit......to me one of these things is not like the other...... one is willing the other is reluctant more often than not, i can't count how many times where all evan has to do is make one pass and we have a better shot instead most of the time he elects to take his own shot and more often than not it's way more difficult. Stats don't tell the whole story, if you watch the games you'll know that

and watching with a bias blinds you to when someone plays well
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,971

Post#145 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:34 am

tiderulz wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

and watching with a bias blinds you to when someone plays well

what bias? you're honestly telling me you've never seen fournier do this multiple times in countless games? :o :o :o :o :o
got to call a spade a spade, fournier like ross is more valuable when the shot is rolling the difference between the two of them imo is evan is less streaky. When the shot isn't rolling both of those guys doesn't really impact the game at all save for Ross making an athletic defensive play once every blue moon.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#146 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:05 am

Just some thoghts

Magic are playing without :
1) starting PF who is their best shotblocker and rim protector who plays 27 mpg
2) DJ Augustin ,one of the best shooters and the best playmaker on the roster -24mpg
3) Aminu who did play like crap but has reputation of a good player- 22 mpg

Roster that currently is playing simply isn't that good.

Boston without their 2 great players, stil had: allstar starter and former allstar. And their third stringer Brad Wanamaker in past was one of best Euroleague players.

In season preview i mentioned that Magic simply won't have luck with injuries that they had last year. Magic starting 5 last year was healthies starting 5 since 1994 (by ANY TEAM! ).

My orginal prediction was 38 wins on opp.

You just have to deal with fact that this roster isn't elite and won't tank because tanking nowdays is usless and no longer a tool for rebuild.

Sooner you get over it , easier it will be to watch and enjoy product for what it is.

As for game itself, biggest missmatch was Walker- Fultz. Guy schooled him. 37 points on 50% for 3 on 12 attemps. Why Magic didn't double team him and ignored Smart is beyond my basketball knowlege. Maybe i'm just stupid.
Vučević simply can't shoot this many threes, but in SL with 2 complete no-shooters and one crappy shooter, there is no much he can do but camp on perimeter.

Evan 5-10 for 3, rest of a team 6-27 .

btw this wasn't even home game , Boston CEltics fans dominated :evil:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Cockers
Freshman
And1: 61

Post#147 » by Cockers » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:09 am

3ddman23 wrote:Omg. How can anyone who gives a damn about this team. Watch this and say... yea u know what this is ok. Let's continue what we are doing. This is a complete joke of an organization and team from top to bottom.

It's simple... don 't watch! I gave up half december 2019
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,179

Post#148 » by cedric76 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:29 am

ChosenSavior wrote:Sad that there are more Boston fans in the arena than our own.

Same **** each time we play a top team, how can we expect top players to come here when our fan base sucks
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#149 » by cedric76 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:38 am

Cliff s press conference just baffled me, we sucked on defense and he said that we r missing DJ badly.

Cliff s offense sucks, he improved our Defense now it s time to get a new coach.

AG has to go, plain ajd simple, i m praying for a roco trade

Vuc and Evan are great 2/3 options, it s time to get a 1st option

unleash Jett next seaon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#150 » by cedric76 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:55 am

I don't get why cliff didn't ask fultz to post up kemba more, markelle has 6 inches on the midget, make him tired on the defensive end.

No he prefers post up AG that has no shot.

I ve never seen a coach that make his players accountable in defense but give them free pass on offence

unleash Jett next seaon
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,403

Post#151 » by GelbeWand09 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:03 am

pepe1991 wrote:Just some thoghts

2) DJ Augustin ,one of the best shooters and the best playmaker on the roster -24mpg

Boston without their 2 great players, stil had: allstar starter and former allstar. And their third stringer Brad Wanamaker in past was one of best Euroleague players.

In season preview i mentioned that Magic simply won't have luck with injuries that they had last year. Magic starting 5 last year was healthies starting 5 since 1994 (by ANY TEAM! ).

You just have to deal with fact that this roster isn't elite and won't tank because tanking nowdays is usless and no longer a tool for rebuild.

Sooner you get over it , easier it will be to watch and enjoy product for what it is.

As for game itself, biggest missmatch was Walker- Fultz. Guy schooled him. 37 points on 50% for 3 on 12 attemps. Why Magic didn't double team him and ignored Smart is beyond my basketball knowlege. Maybe i'm just stupid.
Vučević simply can't shoot this many threes, but in SL with 2 complete no-shooters and one crappy shooter, there is no much he can do but camp on perimeter.

I like how they fight despite the injuries & didnt fold like they did under Skiles & Vogel. The depressing part is, even with the same injury luck like last year, we probably end at the same place and only win maybe 2-3 games more. Shows how bad the east is after 6. I mean it was clear we wont miss the po after 10 games into the season. And shows how low our ceiling is.
Playoff team by default & worst treadmill place to be.
CalOrl11
Pro Prospect
And1: 453

Post#152 » by CalOrl11 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:34 am

MagicMatic wrote:Oh there was a game? I was busy doing enjoyable things, like not watching this roster.

Same, I was sleeping.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#153 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:29 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Just some thoghts

I like how they fight despite the injuries & didnt fold like they did under Skiles & Vogel. The depressing part is, even with the same injury luck like last year, we probably end at the same place and only win maybe 2-3 games more. Shows how bad the east is after 6. I mean it was clear we wont miss the po after 10 games into the season. And shows how low our ceiling is.
Playoff team by default & worst treadmill place to be.

IMo lot of times " not playing hard" is them just being outclassed. Warriors and Hawks games were pathetic, but in games vs OKC, Boston, Lakers,Heat, Bucks ( even without Giannis) they play teams that simply have more talent than this, broken down by injuries current roster.

Michael Carter Williams is big part of our rotation, sitting at 38% FG, 23% for 3 and 46,6% TS. --- 5 ppg
Wes Iwundu 35,8% FG, 25% for 3, 46,9% TS--- 5ppg
Birch 48% FG , 52,7% TS- 3,9 ppg

it's miracle and speaks volumen about Clifford that this roster isn't on complete free-fall.
Early critics on Cliffs offense had some merit to it, roster was healthy and comming off camp, there was no excuse for off. struggles. But now? :nonono:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,690

Post#154 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:32 am

KillMonger wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
KillMonger wrote:i get it but i mean fournier is just points....that's all he's giving you, if he's not hitting you're getting nothing else and it's same with ross....at least with vuc if he's not scoring he'll give you boards, he'll give you assists.....minimal defense but it's way more valuable than what you'd get from a ross and fournier when they're not hitting shots

Fournier gets most of his assists to Vuc. It's weird because multiple players could be wide open and he'll try to force it to Vuc. Vuc spreads his assists out a little more.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#155 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:35 am

Vuc defense is awful and we'll always be mediocre as long as he's here.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#156 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 pm

"Magic offensive strategy sucks"

Good luck playing with 3 >30% three point shooters in era of 40 threes a game
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#157 » by j-ragg » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:31 pm

It's not that hard for Kemba to get an open look, all you have to do is take your center and have him set a ball screen.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#158 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:36 pm

basketballRob wrote:Vuc defense is awful and we'll always be mediocre as long as he's here.

We get it.
You think Vuc sucks and Bamba is a great defensive center. I don’t see anyone else agreeing with you.

We will always be mediocre not because of Vuc but because of the lack of talent on this roster. We do t have to build around Vuc but he is a great complimentary piece on a top seeded NBA team.

Bamba is garbage. We might be able to fetch a low first round or second round picks for him.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#159 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:22 pm

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Vuc defense is awful and we'll always be mediocre as long as he's here.

We get it.
You think Vuc sucks and Bamba is a great defensive center. I don’t see anyone else agreeing with you.

We will always be mediocre not because of Vuc but because of the lack of talent on this roster. We do t have to build around Vuc but he is a great complimentary piece on a top seeded NBA team.

Bamba is garbage. We might be able to fetch a low first round or second round picks for him.
I actually think Isaac is better suited to play center the majority of minutes.

Mc-o
Veteran
And1: 1,507

Post#160 » by Mc-o » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Magic just don’t have enough talent , especially with dj and Isaac out. Have to many g league players getting major minutes . Vuc and Fournier Only consistent players on the roster and that’s sad . Crazy the magic have yet to acquire a better player than vuc or Fournier lol

Return to Orlando Magic