ImageImageImageImage

Summer Trades...never too early

Moderators: UCFJayBird, Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami

Skybox
Starter
Posts: 2,381
And1: 1,400
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#481 » by Skybox » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:ORL sends: AG and TRoss
BOS sends: Hayward and Langford

*This post is also a question...can teams and agents be discussing extensions with about to be UFA's (or in this case player option guys)?

Even is Hayward was willing to opt out of his last year for a more reasonable but still strong 3 or 4 year deal, it would be more than BOS should play a guy who is marginalized by the emergence of youngsters. They move him for two guys who are ready to contribute to a contender NOW (for slightly more money, Hayward gets say 25 where AG &TR cost about 30). Langford has done nothing but may become something, so he's a sweetener for ORL's 2 starter quality players for one deal...I shudder to think how good AG could do as the 4th or 5th offensive threat on the team, able to lockdown on guys with Smart and be opportunistic on offense, playing off of the stars. TRoss plays the same role as flamethrower off the bench...Hayward is the secondary playmaker, probably leading scorer, true wing forward we need with a solid veteran star presence. Langford gets an opportunity he wasn't getting in BOS to show why he was a high pick. Lineup below has much more offensive firepower than before. Guys like Okeke, Langford, pick15 can be moved around quite a bit as they show promise too. Fournier's opting-in is assumed but could also be broached about a new, longer, reasonable deal...even if the plan was to move him at some point. Fournier could be subbed into the trade for TRoss but BOS needs to cost-control and, let's face it, Evan can put up bigger numbers than TRoss and that's what we need. Hayward and Vuc as secondary ball-movers with Fultz as the primary ball handler and penetrator could be a whole different offensive picture.

Vuc/Bamba/Birch
Isaac/Aminu
Hayward/Okeke/Langford
Fournier/#15/Ennis
Fultz/DJ?/MCW

I like it, but i dont know if Boston bites. Hayward and Stevens have long relationship, and Langford still has a lot of potential.


Langford's numbers were even worse than NAW's :lol:
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,812
And1: 4,417
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#482 » by drsd » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:28 am

MagicFan101 wrote:NBC Sports has an article about trade targets for the Warriors to pair their Exception + 1st round pick possibly #1 overall).

On that list in Jonathan Isaac.

I am a HUGE Isaac fan and I am not a big fan of anyone at the top of this draft class. So my first thought is — GTFOOH!!!

... but as these injuries keep piling up and a new contract looms I have to remain open minded and ask the audience if this is a deal to consider.


The Warriors will try to win a title next year and are in full WIN-NOW mode. With Curry and Klay, they need an athletic, inside SF that can defend 4 slots: that's Aaron Gordon.

The Warriors 1st, Wiggens and Damion Lee for Gordon, Aminu, Orlando's 1st this year and 1st in 2022 serves a lot of goals for both teams.


..
NotACat
Starter
Posts: 2,118
And1: 1,022
Joined: Apr 28, 2018

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#483 » by NotACat » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:50 am

drsd wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:NBC Sports has an article about trade targets for the Warriors to pair their Exception + 1st round pick possibly #1 overall).

On that list in Jonathan Isaac.

I am a HUGE Isaac fan and I am not a big fan of anyone at the top of this draft class. So my first thought is — GTFOOH!!!

... but as these injuries keep piling up and a new contract looms I have to remain open minded and ask the audience if this is a deal to consider.


The Warriors will try to win a title next year and are in full WIN-NOW mode. With Curry and Klay, they need an athletic, inside SF that can defend 4 slots: that's Aaron Gordon.

The Warriors 1st, Wiggens and Damion Lee for Gordon, Aminu, Orlando's 1st this year and 1st in 2022 serves a lot of goals for both teams.


..

Way too much value given up by us, no need to include the '22 pick to pay Wiggins
Black Lives Matter
User avatar
mrtcsm
Pro Prospect
Posts: 949
And1: 79
Joined: Jul 27, 2006

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#484 » by mrtcsm » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm

So now the word is the Heat are going all out on Giannis and Oladipo next offseason. With that said, how can the Magic scoop in and take advantage of Miami's retooling? I think having a big three of Butler, Giannis and Oladipo will be tough, specially considering the upcoming reductions to salary cap after this pandemic. Therefore I assume Miami will have to go with a 2-star team surrounded with highly capable role players, with the 2 high impact players being Victor and Giannis.

I think a trade like this will help all teams involved:

ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)
JRoy
Rookie
Posts: 1,141
And1: 583
Joined: Feb 27, 2019

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#485 » by JRoy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:23 pm

mrtcsm wrote:So now the word is the Heat are going all out on Giannis and Oladipo next offseason. With that said, how can the Magic scoop in and take advantage of Miami's retooling? I think having a big three of Butler, Giannis and Oladipo will be tough, specially considering the upcoming reductions to salary cap after this pandemic. Therefore I assume Miami will have to go with a 2-star team surrounded with highly capable role players, with the 2 high impact players being Victor and Giannis.

I think a trade like this will help all teams involved:

ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


I’d do if for POR but Miami call blocks all teams involved.

Pretty sure EG contract is for 3 more years
User avatar
rcklsscognition
RealGM
Posts: 21,554
And1: 6,765
Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Contact:
 

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#486 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,812
And1: 4,417
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#487 » by drsd » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:53 pm

NotACat wrote:Way too much value given up by us, no need to include the '22 pick to pay Wiggins


Not that I am disagreeing, but Wiggens surrounded by defensive minded players, the pattern could work rotationally.


Is he worth his 22M per year. Heck no. I am worried about that. In the locker room, his inflated salary itself harms team unity.



..
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,812
And1: 4,417
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#488 » by drsd » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:54 pm

mrtcsm wrote:ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


So Orlando trades Gordon and Ross for McCollum and Simons.

Nope.

There are two problems in this.

1) Gordon has more value in today's NBA than McCollum. (and I do not agree that McCollum is an upgrade over Fournier anyhow).

2) Ross is a more valuable backup over Simons.


...


The only way this makes sense is if there is a vision that Simons will break out and become a star. But Orlando already buttered their toast on Fultz being said player.

I cannot see value in your proposed trade.


..
User avatar
mrtcsm
Pro Prospect
Posts: 949
And1: 79
Joined: Jul 27, 2006

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#489 » by mrtcsm » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:07 pm

JRoy wrote:
mrtcsm wrote:So now the word is the Heat are going all out on Giannis and Oladipo next offseason. With that said, how can the Magic scoop in and take advantage of Miami's retooling? I think having a big three of Butler, Giannis and Oladipo will be tough, specially considering the upcoming reductions to salary cap after this pandemic. Therefore I assume Miami will have to go with a 2-star team surrounded with highly capable role players, with the 2 high impact players being Victor and Giannis.

I think a trade like this will help all teams involved:

ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


I’d do if for POR but Miami call blocks all teams involved.

Pretty sure EG contract is for 3 more years


I guess we can do something straight with POR around AG/TRoss/pick for CJ/Simons. Not sure they'll bite or want to make big changes to their squad but worth a try... Our depth would be amazing with:

Fultz/DJ/MCW
CJ/Evan/Simons
Ennis/Chuma
Isaac/Aminu
Bamba/Vuc

I would like to see Evan/Vuc slide to the second unit in this scenario in order to balance our offense while allowing Kelle and CJ to have the ball more on their hands with the starting group. We could always end games with Fultz/CJ/Evan/Isaac/Vuc. Simons could be the spark plug of the bench that we currently have on Ross, but more like a Lou Williams. He is not a high volume 3pt shooter, but the kid can score. Maybe can learn a thing or two about DJ on how to draw fouls.
User avatar
mrtcsm
Pro Prospect
Posts: 949
And1: 79
Joined: Jul 27, 2006

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#490 » by mrtcsm » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:18 pm

drsd wrote:
mrtcsm wrote:ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


So Orlando trades Gordon and Ross for McCollum and Simons.

Nope.

There are two problems in this.

1) Gordon has more value in today's NBA than McCollum. (and I do not agree that McCollum is an upgrade over Fournier anyhow).

2) Ross is a more valuable backup over Simons.


...


The only way this makes sense is if there is a vision that Simons will break out and become a star. But Orlando already buttered their toast on Fultz being said player.

I cannot see value in your proposed trade.


..


I guess it comes to how much value you see in those players (Gordon/CJ/Simons). IMO Gordon has hit his ceiling (I'm a big supporter but have been waiting to see more from him) and Ross is what he is. I think CJ, as good as he is, can be even better under our system. As far as Simons, the kid has shown the potential and growth to become a starter in the league. A star, I'm not sure. Unfortunately his current situation in Portland will not allow for much more and being a Central Florida kid I'm sure he would love to play for the Magic.

We are also about to get crowded at the forward slots next year when we integrate Chuma with Isaac/Gordon/Okeke/Ennis/Chief, so I imagine someone will be traded.
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 8,683
And1: 3,175
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#491 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Delete
JRoy
Rookie
Posts: 1,141
And1: 583
Joined: Feb 27, 2019

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#492 » by JRoy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Pass on AG.

Don’t see him as a fit on POR.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 29,630
And1: 10,612
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#493 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 am

drsd wrote:
mrtcsm wrote:ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


So Orlando trades Gordon and Ross for McCollum and Simons.

Nope.

There are two problems in this.

1) Gordon has more value in today's NBA than McCollum. (and I do not agree that McCollum is an upgrade over Fournier anyhow).

2) Ross is a more valuable backup over Simons.


...


The only way this makes sense is if there is a vision that Simons will break out and become a star. But Orlando already buttered their toast on Fultz being said player.

I cannot see value in your proposed trade.


..

i can agree with #2, i cant agree with #1. CJ can shoot, can create his own shot. And has proven to carry a team decently when Lillard has been out. AG cannot shoot, cannot create and cannot carry a team. He has good to very good defense, but that isnt enough.
JRoy
Rookie
Posts: 1,141
And1: 583
Joined: Feb 27, 2019

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#494 » by JRoy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 am

mrtcsm wrote:
JRoy wrote:
mrtcsm wrote:So now the word is the Heat are going all out on Giannis and Oladipo next offseason. With that said, how can the Magic scoop in and take advantage of Miami's retooling? I think having a big three of Butler, Giannis and Oladipo will be tough, specially considering the upcoming reductions to salary cap after this pandemic. Therefore I assume Miami will have to go with a 2-star team surrounded with highly capable role players, with the 2 high impact players being Victor and Giannis.

I think a trade like this will help all teams involved:

ORL in:
CJ McCollum (starting SG)
Anfernee Simons (backup combo guard)

POR in:
Jimmy Butler (Dame's backcourt mate - Portland tough)

MIA in:
Aaron Gordon (valuable piece with very tradeable declining contract next year)
Eric Gordon (14M expiring)

HOU in:
Terrence Ross (in-sync with HOU high volume 3pt shooting)


I’d do if for POR but Miami call blocks all teams involved.

Pretty sure EG contract is for 3 more years


I guess we can do something straight with POR around AG/TRoss/pick for CJ/Simons. Not sure they'll bite or want to make big changes to their squad but worth a try... Our depth would be amazing with:

Fultz/DJ/MCW
CJ/Evan/Simons
Ennis/Chuma
Isaac/Aminu
Bamba/Vuc

I would like to see Evan/Vuc slide to the second unit in this scenario in order to balance our offense while allowing Kelle and CJ to have the ball more on their hands with the starting group. We could always end games with Fultz/CJ/Evan/Isaac/Vuc. Simons could be the spark plug of the bench that we currently have on Ross, but more like a Lou Williams. He is not a high volume 3pt shooter, but the kid can score. Maybe can learn a thing or two about DJ on how to draw fouls.



Hard pass from POR.

Not sending CJ for AG.
NSB_Magic
Junior
Posts: 259
And1: 172
Joined: Jul 18, 2017

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#495 » by NSB_Magic » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:15 pm

Trade with T-wolves:

AG + 2nd rounder

James Johnson
No 3 overall (hopefully Anthony Edwards)
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 8,683
And1: 3,175
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#496 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 pm

NSB_Magic wrote:Trade with T-wolves:

AG + 2nd rounder

James Johnson
No 3 overall (hopefully Anthony Edwards)
We'd have to give them our first pick to have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
NSB_Magic
Junior
Posts: 259
And1: 172
Joined: Jul 18, 2017

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#497 » by NSB_Magic » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:34 pm

basketballRob wrote:
NSB_Magic wrote:Trade with T-wolves:

AG + 2nd rounder

James Johnson
No 3 overall (hopefully Anthony Edwards)
We'd have to give them our first pick to have a chance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Done. Don’t need it with Chuma anyway.
NSB_Magic
Junior
Posts: 259
And1: 172
Joined: Jul 18, 2017

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#498 » by NSB_Magic » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:08 am

Realistic list of players I would trade AG for. Some deals would have to be adjusted for salary etc..

Bogdan Bogdanović
Tim Hardaway jr
Harrison Barnes
Demar Derozen
Kelly Oubre

I think all these players help balance the roster, assuming we keep Fournier.

Yea I’m bored and miss Basketball.
Bakomagic
Senior
Posts: 727
And1: 434
Joined: Feb 24, 2009

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#499 » by Bakomagic » Sun Jul 5, 2020 7:47 pm

Modified trade proposal from the T and T board.

I have said in the past that I’d only trade Isaac for a no doubt star scorer “enter Devin Booker”

Let’s say Booker is fed up with missing playoffs and demands a trade !

Magic Trade 2020 1st, 2022 1st (unprotected) Isaac, Fournier, Birch for D. Booker

Fultz | MCW (Resigned)
Booker | TRoss
Okeke | Ennis
AG | Aminu
Vuc | Bamba

If Fultz can develop into our 2nd scoring option, pushing Vuc to 3rd and AG (4th)can play the rim finisher role our offense will be way more consistent as Okeke will just need to floor space and defend while Coach Cliff has enough good to great defenders in AG, Okeke, Fultz, MCW, Bamba to keep us a top 10 NBA defense imo.

I think this would immediately have us battling for home court in the playoffs next year (seeds 4,5,6) and if Fultz, Bamba, or Okeke take a big leap we could be contention to win the Eastern Conference.

What do y’all think? Too optimistic?
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,764
And1: 2,304
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#500 » by cedric76 » Sun Jul 5, 2020 8:09 pm

Bakomagic wrote:Modified trade proposal from the T and T board.

I have said in the past that I’d only trade Isaac for a no doubt star scorer “enter Devin Booker”

Let’s say Booker is fed up with missing playoffs and demands a trade !

Magic Trade 2020 1st, 2022 1st (unprotected) Isaac, Fournier, Birch for D. Booker

Fultz | MCW (Resigned)
Booker | TRoss
Okeke | Ennis
AG | Aminu
Vuc | Bamba

If Fultz can develop into our 2nd scoring option, pushing Vuc to 3rd and AG (4th)can play the rim finisher role our offense will be way more consistent as Okeke will just need to floor space and defend while Coach Cliff has enough good to great defenders in AG, Okeke, Fultz, MCW, Bamba to keep us a top 10 NBA defense imo.

I think this would immediately have us battling for home court in the playoffs next year (seeds 4,5,6) and if Fultz, Bamba, or Okeke take a big leap we could be contention to win the Eastern Conference.

What do y’all think? Too optimistic?


Toooooo expensive for booker, we need winners not someone who enjoy losing
Otto porter for AG+DJ+2nd

Fultz. Mcw
Evan. Ross. Iwundu
Chuma. Aminu.. Ennis
Isaac. Aminu
Vuc. Mo. Birch

Return to Orlando Magic