ImageImageImageImage

Summer Trades...never too early

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Re: Summer Trades...never too early 

Post#101 » by Skin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 am

pepe1991 wrote:I just find it funny how new front office haters are ones who attacking me when my first impression with them was " ok, they did nothing so why are you guys drooling over them"

I also find it funny how you guys want to use Miami blueprint for example of "path" yet advocate for tanking and tearing roster down and keep repeating " trade everybody but Fultz and Isaac".

Pretty much arguing against own points all the time.

What execlly you want to do ? Trade everybody ? Selling team? Hooking coach? Hooking front office?

Or having Alex Martins being this mythical creature of evil and always fingerpoint at him ( despite never really knowing how much influence he actually has on anything other than internet speculations ).

Lot of crying and moaning , nobody really has clear vision what to do, other than cry and complain all the time. And most trades proposed are complete joke being biased to the bone.

I don't act i have all the answers, but at least i don't go from topic to topic talking how XY player is "cancer" and how team is going nowhere. Why support ? Leave and come back once team is again watchable to you ? Why put yourself through "suffering " if you can't find anything worth watching. It's just a damn sport, most NBA players don't take it THAT serious, why fans do? Lebron literally lost nba finals and told everybody that he'll be flying in his private jet while we will continue with our miserable lifes :lol:

I've been trying to be objective.

I've been good with the players they drafted, but not good with their passive draft approach.

I've been good with the Fultz trade but adamant about needing to dump Fournier and Vuc. Btw, you were damn sure Fultz was a fake.

So I'm not blindly hating everything. I just want hope. I can deal with losing if we are getting young players draft picks or cap space to give us hope. But right now we are in NBA abyss and it's right where I thought we'd be with the inconsistent direction and lackadaisical leadership that we have.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,036

Post#102 » by MagicMatic » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:24 am

pepe1991 wrote:I just find it funny how new front office haters are ones who attacking me when my first impression with them was " ok, they did nothing so why are you guys drooling over them"

I also find it funny how you guys want to use Miami blueprint for example of "path" yet advocate for tanking and tearing roster down and keep repeating " trade everybody but Fultz and Isaac".

What execlly you want to do ? Trade everybody ? Selling team? Hooking coach? Hooking front office?

Or having Alex Martins being this mythical creature of evil and always fingerpoint at him ( despite never really knowing how much influence he actually has on anything other than internet speculations ).

Lot of crying and moaning , nobody really has clear vision what to do, other than cry and complain all the time. And most trades proposed are complete joke being biased to the bone.

I don't act i have all the answers, but at least i don't go from topic to topic talking how XY player is "cancer" and how team is going nowhere. Why support ? Leave and come back once team is again watchable to you ? Why put yourself through "suffering " if you can't find anything worth watching. It's just a damn sport, most NBA players don't take it THAT serious, why fans do? Lebron literally lost nba finals and told everybody that he'll be flying in his private jet while we will continue with our miserable lifes :lol:

Just because Miami has great development doesn’t mean we should “build like them”. The whole Miami point is that they move on from players that don’t move them forward. They take risks.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#103 » by basketballRob » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:29 am

Buddy Heild isn't starting today. Not sure when we could trade for him since his extension doesn't kick in until next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#104 » by j-ragg » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:03 am

basketballRob wrote:Buddy Heild isn't starting today. Not sure when we could trade for him since his extension doesn't kick in until next year.

After the league new year starts on July 1st he’ll have normal salary at whatever his big first year # of his extension is. 25 mil or whatever.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,642

Post#105 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:37 am

MagicMatic wrote:

Just because Miami has great development doesn’t mean we should “build like them”. The whole Miami point is that they move on from players that don’t move them forward. They take risks.

Right-Even though it didn't play out, MIA was the only team publicly linked to Gallo. I don't think Iggy alone is that great but they unloaded Waiters in the process and at least tried to pull off another 20ppg game at the same time. Always trying is my point. Respect to Pat Riley.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#106 » by dsg2021 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:52 am

There’s a very big problem in our boards with not being able to believe two things are true at once.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,642

Post#107 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:07 pm

CHI fans seem to be down on Lauri...how about AG and a frp for Lauri + Satoransky? This SF/PF debate is overplayed. The problem with Isaac and AG is their non-complementary offensive games. Lauri and Isaac would be nice and would open things up for Fultz and Vuc inside. I'd like to see Lavine and AG running the lanes together too.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,042

Post#108 » by dsg2021 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:51 pm

Skybox wrote:CHI fans seem to be down on Lauri...how about AG and a frp for Lauri + Satoransky? This SF/PF debate is overplayed. The problem with Isaac and AG is their non-complementary offensive games. Lauri and Isaac would be nice and would open things up for Fultz and Vuc inside. I'd like to see Lavine and AG running the lanes together too.

Another very, very nice idea.

On a different tangent, it seems like there’s a lot of free agent value to gain in the past few years, especially if you are underpaying someone you need badly for your system, whose value would rise in your system. For this reason, I would rather cull cap commitment and let Evan walk if possible, trade Fultz and Bamba sooner rather than later before their ending rookie deals, even though their play is improving and risky to lose out on. Cap space and draft picks is how you get Buddy Hield in trade, how you get a frontline of two super modern bigs in Lauri and Vooch to go with JI and AG. The Magic have a foundation for defensively squeezing out value from their teams, and a young, top 10 offensive team doing that, with less cap mortgaged, would bring excitement now and for the future.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#109 » by basketballRob » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:54 am

The trade that makes the most since is Vuc for a wing. We're spending too much on a center.

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#110 » by Furinkazan » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Skin wrote:Im trying to convince myself that we traded for James Ennis in order to "aid in the development of any of our potential stars".

But I just can't :lol:

Im trying to convince myslef we traded for p>Ennis because we still owed Sixers from Fultz trade.
Sixers had to dump a player.We conveniently showed up to help offering a 2nd so they woudnt have to waive him and lose him for free.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#111 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:20 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
Skin wrote:Im trying to convince myself that we traded for James Ennis in order to "aid in the development of any of our potential stars".

Im trying to convince myslef we traded for p>Ennis because we still owed Sixers from Fultz trade.
Sixers had to dump a player.We conveniently showed up to help offering a 2nd so they woudnt have to waive him and lose him for free.

semantics. that pick is #59 right now, so it is practically for free
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#112 » by Tarheel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Furinkazan wrote:

semantics. that pick is #59 right now, so it is practically for free

I don't see the issue with the Ennis trade at all. We got a role player for a pick that will never see the floor, most likely.

He will contribute way more to this team than that 59th pick ever will. If he stinks, who cares? It was the least valuable asset we had.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,518

Post#113 » by jezzerinho » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:50 pm

I think the perceived value of the Ennis pick is tainted by the fact the FO couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do anything else in FA when the team seems to be crying out for it. He's a victim of the inaction of the FO to address the team's flaws (shooting and absence of spine/leadership)
Skin
RealGM

Post#114 » by Skin » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm

jezzerinho wrote:I think the perceived value of the Ennis pick is tainted by the fact the FO couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do anything else in FA when the team seems to be crying out for it. He's a victim of the inaction of the FO to address the team's flaws (shooting and absence of spine/leadership)

I think it just shows an inferior complex and lack of confidence in their scouting skills to be able to uncover a 2nd round stud.

Considering how cheap 2nd rounders are, I would be hoping to see our GM hoarding those bad boys up and trying to mine up a gem based on his savvy scouting prowess.

Instead we have retread cop outs who found another way to escape criticism and fulfill their play of extending the life of their jobs by preaching "patience".
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#115 » by Tarheel » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:19 pm

Skin wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:I think the perceived value of the Ennis pick is tainted by the fact the FO couldn't/wouldn't/didn't do anything else in FA when the team seems to be crying out for it. He's a victim of the inaction of the FO to address the team's flaws (shooting and absence of spine/leadership)

I think it just shows an inferior complex and lack of confidence in their scouting skills to be able to uncover a 2nd round stud.

Considering how cheap 2nd rounders are, I would be hoping to see our GM hoarding those bad boys up and trying to mine up a gem based on his savvy scouting prowess.

Instead we have retread cop outs who found another way to escape criticism and fulfill their play of extending the life of their jobs by preaching "patience".

The chance of uncovering a player with the 59th pick who will provide more than James Ennis are very, very low.

Why not capitalise on a buy-low option at a position of need because the other team was under pressure to lose a player?

I'd much rather have a rotation player that can help us for the rest of the season than throw sh*t at the wall with a bunch of second round picks. Quite frankly, if I could trade every second round pick for a rotational piece I would, especially ones at the very back end of bad drafts.
Skin
RealGM

Post#116 » by Skin » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Tarheel wrote:
Skin wrote:

The chance of uncovering a player with the 59th pick who will provide more than James Ennis are very, very low.

Why not capitalise on a buy-low option at a position of need because the other team was under pressure to lose a player?

I'd much rather have a rotation player that can help us for the rest of the season than throw sh*t at the wall with a bunch of second round picks. Quite frankly, if I could trade every second round pick for a rotational piece I would, especially ones at the very back end of bad drafts.

Depends on the scenario. If you think we're close to contending then sure. I get what you're saying.

If you're rebuilding and you know your season is likely headed for a 1st round knockout in the playoffs at best, then no. That's a useless move that only hurts the learning curve and playing opportunity for other young players and stunts growth.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#117 » by j-ragg » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:10 pm

No issue with the Ennis trade for me. In a vacuum, fine move. It's the body of work as a whole (or lack there of) that has people criticizing. The Ennis trade is just the mouthpiece for it.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#118 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Interestinggggggg
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,402

Post#119 » by Knightro » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Kings might be one of the teams dumb enough to trade for Vucevic at his current salary.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,402

Post#120 » by Knightro » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Takeaways
-Gordon has not been clamoring for a trade and is happy in Orlando.
-The Magic see Isaac as the anchor of the frontcourt in the coming years, with Vucevic eventually giving way to Bamba at center. (my note: this would mean Vucevic presumably would get moved before the end of his contract).
-It’s hoped that Okeke becomes Isaac’s frontcourt partner when he is healthy.
-Phoenix figures to remain a potential target for a Gordon trade this summer.
-Potential summer swaps to look at...

Gordon to Brooklyn for Spencer Dinwiddie as the main return
Gordon to Denver with Gary Harris and a draft pick coming back

Return to Orlando Magic