ImageImageImageImage

Sweater Vest Thread #23: Magic 135 - Hawks 126

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Sweater Vest No. 23

Gordon: 26 PTS, 9 REB, 4 AST, 10-20 FG, 2-3 3PT
30%
Vucevic: 24 PTS, 9 REB, 9 AST, 10-15 FG, 4-6 3PT
57%
Ross: 21 PTS, 5-10 3PT
5%
Fournier: 22 PTS, 2 STL, 9-17 FG
No votes
Fultz: 13 PTS, 8 AST, 3 STL, 0 TO, 5-9 FG, Team Best +21
8%

Total votes: 37

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Sweater Vest Thread #23: Magic 135 - Hawks 126 

Post#21 » by j-ragg » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 pm

all the crying (hope I’m using that verb right) in here because of 2 bad shots during the game. No outrage for Vuc’s matador defense? Nah. Those layup lines didn’t matter in the end. He picked it up late but it was embarrassing for 3 quarters.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#22 » by drsd » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:23 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Reading "season high" I looked up the defensive high.

This 126 surrendered is the second most this team has given up this year!

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#23 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:09 pm

j-ragg wrote:all the crying (hope I’m using that verb right) in here because of 2 bad shots during the game. No outrage for Vuc’s matador defense? Nah. Those layup lines didn’t matter in the end. He picked it up late but it was embarrassing for 3 quarters.

The numbers are all over the place, but most of the points scored against Vooch came from guys he wasn't assigned to guard. Like Huerter, Reddish, and Young. I remember seeing him out on an island against Huerter and Young at least once. But ATLs bigs went 2-8 (25%) against him.
When do we hold the defense as a whole accountable? Because people probably would if this were Mo defending 22 fga and 7 3pt attempts at a DFG% of 54%. Mo had to defend 6 shots the whole game and atl shot 66% against him so...
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#24 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
j-ragg wrote:all the crying (hope I’m using that verb right) in here because of 2 bad shots during the game. No outrage for Vuc’s matador defense? Nah. Those layup lines didn’t matter in the end. He picked it up late but it was embarrassing for 3 quarters.

The numbers are all over the place, but most of the points scored against Vooch came from guys he wasn't assigned to guard. Like Huerter, Reddish, and Young. I remember seeing him out on an island against Huerter and Young at least once. But ATLs bigs went 2-8 (25%) against him.
When do we hold the defense as a whole accountable? Because people probably would if this were Mo defending 22 fga and 7 3pt attempts at a DFG% of 54%. Mo had to defend 6 shots the whole game and atl shot 66% against him so...

Help defense sucks too most of the time.... he really is left on an island in the middle of the ocean most of the time. lol... people act like he's supposed to contain Trae young by himself 13 ft from the rim. haha. When we were a great defensive team.... players would help. take away lanes and options for the offensive player.... now it seems like they pull up a chair and warm up the popcorn. lol
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#25 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:56 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:

Help defense sucks too most of the time.... he really is left on an island in the middle of the ocean most of the time. lol... people act like he's supposed to contain Trae young by himself 13 ft from the rim. haha. When we were a great defensive team.... players would help. take away lanes and options for the offensive player.... now it seems like they pull up a chair and warm up the popcorn. lol

I mean im not trying to call anyone out because our team defense sucked. You know JI is routinely given a pass for having bad offensive games as long as he's playing great defense, at the very least that same courtesy should be extended to everyone.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#26 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The numbers are all over the place, but most of the points scored against Vooch came from guys he wasn't assigned to guard. Like Huerter, Reddish, and Young. I remember seeing him out on an island against Huerter and Young at least once. But ATLs bigs went 2-8 (25%) against him.

I mean im not trying to call anyone out because our team defense sucked. You know JI is routinely given a pass for having bad offensive games as long as he's playing great defense, at the very least that same courtesy should be extended to everyone.

Agreed!! Last year there were two options..... either.... the perimeter players sticked to their man and funneled them to where vooch could help them out.... and if there was a switch on the perimeter for vuc.... active hands were waiting to at the dang least swipe away... making it harder for them to take advantage of vooch. and that's how it should be. I would wish that vuc was an amazing defender.... but they were able to still form a staunch defense with him at the center. We just haven't brought that kind of energy this season and I hope we pick this back up. ALONNNNNNG with the ball movement.... because that is the key to our offense. lol.... any offense at that.... but we have enough playmaking skill to get player better shots than we have for the first half of the season.

Return to Orlando Magic