ImageImageImageImage

Is this anything? (Offense in the last 2 minutes, within 5 points)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Re: Is this anything? (Offense in the last 2 minutes, within 5 points) 

Post#21 » by TheGlyde » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:13 pm

I dont mind Fournier shooting, but I dont like him trying to create his own shot, he tries hard but really its outside his skillset on most occasions.

Id rather Fultz ran the play in the clutch, even though he does occasionally turn it over, for him its part of learning and growing to reach his full potential. Fournier largely is what he is.

Im not necessarily looking for Fultz to create himself a jumpshot, but some penetration to get to the hole or draw a foul, and if he attracts defenders he can find an open man... Seems so simple yet right now we dont consider it.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Post#22 » by Bensational » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:32 pm

I can appreciate the notion that Clifford might be trying to spare the potential confidence got a failed game winner might take on Fultz and Isaac as their offense is still developing.

But I'd like to see better plays drawn up for the end. Fultz could definitely be in charge of controlling the ball and creating the pass to get Fournier the shot. I don't mind Fournier taking the shot at all, to be honest. Just don't want him creating the play to get it.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#23 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:33 pm

TheGlyde wrote:I dont mind Fournier shooting, but I dont like him trying to create his own shot, he tries hard but really its outside his skillset on most occasions.

Id rather Fultz ran the play in the clutch, even though he does occasionally turn it over, for him its part of learning and growing to reach his full potential. Fournier largely is what he is.

Im not necessarily looking for Fultz to create himself a jumpshot, but some penetration to get to the hole or draw a foul, and if he attracts defenders he can find an open man... Seems so simple yet right now we dont consider it.

I think that's the disconnect we have with the team leadership. Since they want playoffs (maybe need playoffs), they see Fournier as more likely to win the game with the ball in his hands in the clutch because of his experience. They don't see the opportunity for Fultz to grow in those situations. Or maybe they see the opportunity but "winning" trumps growth right now - probably because their seats are getting a little hotter.

Return to Orlando Magic