ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#1041 » by The Effect » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:21 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
IllMagic04 wrote:The Kings no. The Grizz were the team to attack. The second the Luka/ Trea deal got announced ( we knew the day before) you pick up the phone and call the Grizz to swap 6 for 4. Take Chanler Parsons contract and offer #6, Evan and protected future first rounder. If they say no then take the protection off. If they say no again then swap out AG instead of Evan. Theres no way they turn all those down.

From the Griz perspective JJJ wasnt a cant miss prospect. And its not impossible they get him at 6. Bamba was a highy talked about propect at the time. Dallas may take the Texas kid 5. If not they are happy with Bamba at 6. At the time there was serious discustion of who was the better prospect between JJJ and Bamba. I'll admit I thought Bamba was. I was dead wrong there. Obviously if your using todays lens Memphis made the right call. Things are not clear at that moment

For our perspective we force ATL to take who they really want. Were they so hot for Trae even without the future asset? Probally not but who knows. If not we take Trae and finaly have a star to build around.

I said this in a draft thread the day before the draft when the ATL/Dal trade was out there. So for me theres no 20/ 20 hindsight.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

I would have assumed they tried hard after they figured out the Hawks were moving down.
I think you got it right in your post further up, there was no reason to mess up the tank. If nothing else we should have been in the 5th spot and given what the Mavs gave for Doncic, or been able to take Trae. Oh well I am sure we will be in a better position the for the next Doncic. :|

Which strangely enough with Cunningham, Doncic might be a pretty good high end comparison, probably not close as a scorer at the moment.
I dont think they tried hard enough or at all. I think the long arms of Bamba falling to them was a dream come true. I wanted Trae Young badly. Me and Skin were driving the Trae Young bus. If they truly wanted him they coulda made a deal. They didnt want him. Hes not the kinda prospect they want. I knew we had no shot at Doncic but walking out of that draft without Young is a pain I still havnt gotten over.

I havnt followed this upcoming draft at all. Whos is this player your talking about

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

Hes a projected top pick in next years draft, probably the first pick actually
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1042 » by jonbob17 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:06 pm

Cade 6'7" 220 point guard with a good shot and handle, and elite passing, probably plays on the best high school team of all time, not that it matters.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#1043 » by shadrock » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:18 pm

Im actually thrilled that we are losing. Its the only way this dumb franchise will realise we need to blow this rubbish up and start again. All they are waiting for is another rubbish excuse to roll this Vuc and Fourniyay buddy ball rubbish around one more time. Its actually embarassing that of all the great teams in this league, its the Magic and the Vuc/Fournier core that has the most continuity in the whole league. Prolonged mediocrity.

Im just gutted we never even TRIED any of our previous teams without this fat dinosaur **** Vucevic in the middle. Imagine what this team could have been without Vucevic. We literally signed the congo no no lineup and then STILL had Vucevic as the starting C. Didnt even give THAT team a chance. We have Isaac, a prototype Center in the modern league, can defend all positions, can run like a deer, oh except we play hi next to the fat plodding **** Vucevic. When does this torture stop?

**** dumbest franchise in the league. Atleast now hopefully even they cant justify keeping this **** of a team together.
Husky1
Senior
And1: 314

Post#1044 » by Husky1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:20 pm

jonbob17 wrote:Cade 6'7" 220 point guard with a good shot and handle, and elite passing, probably plays on the best high school team of all time, not that it matters.

Imagine if we traded our vets for picks, then tanked next year and added him and a healthy Isaac in 2022. To Fultz, Gordon, Okeke, Bamba and our first rounder this year. We would be legit then.

Cunningham- MCW
Fultz - Ramsey
Okeke - Iwundu
Gordon
Bamba
We can only dream. Instead it will be a 2021 pick 15 added to current roster
Fultz-Pick 16 this year
Fournier- pick 15 2021
Ennis
Aminu
Vucevic.

This **** management
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,604

Post#1045 » by SOUL » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:26 pm

OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Post#1046 » by OrlandoNed » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Being mediocre (at best) for an extended period of time is one thing, but being content with continued mediocrity while changing next to nothing is pure insanity.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#1047 » by The Effect » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:29 am

shadrock wrote:Im actually thrilled that we are losing. Its the only way this dumb franchise will realise we need to blow this rubbish up and start again. All they are waiting for is another rubbish excuse to roll this Vuc and Fourniyay buddy ball rubbish around one more time. Its actually embarassing that of all the great teams in this league, its the Magic and the Vuc/Fournier core that has the most continuity in the whole league. Prolonged mediocrity.

Im just gutted we never even TRIED any of our previous teams without this fat dinosaur **** Vucevic in the middle. Imagine what this team could have been without Vucevic. We literally signed the congo no no lineup and then STILL had Vucevic as the starting C. Didnt even give THAT team a chance. We have Isaac, a prototype Center in the modern league, can defend all positions, can run like a deer, oh except we play hi next to the fat plodding **** Vucevic. When does this torture stop?

**** dumbest franchise in the league. Atleast now hopefully even they cant justify keeping this **** of a team together.

I get not liking vuc....
but 2 things
1 - Hes not fat, like not at all, i have no idea what this referencing?
2 - Bamba is not a prototype PLAYER, maybe prototype body, but has no NBA skills, cant defend anyone 1 on 1. Hes a good shot blocker, but a bad defender. Hes a horrible offensive player, and "run like a deer".. What?? maybe that one play a game where he actually tries, but on the 99% of plays, his lazy ass is walking back and forth
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#1048 » by Bakomagic » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 am

The Effect wrote:
shadrock wrote:Im actually thrilled that we are losing. Its the only way this dumb franchise will realise we need to blow this rubbish up and start again. All they are waiting for is another rubbish excuse to roll this Vuc and Fourniyay buddy ball rubbish around one more time. Its actually embarassing that of all the great teams in this league, its the Magic and the Vuc/Fournier core that has the most continuity in the whole league. Prolonged mediocrity.

I get not liking vuc....
but 2 things
1 - Hes not fat, like not at all, i have no idea what this referencing?
2 - Bamba is not a prototype PLAYER, maybe prototype body, but has no NBA skills, cant defend anyone 1 on 1. Hes a good shot blocker, but a bad defender. Hes a horrible offensive player, and "run like a deer".. What?? maybe that one play a game where he actually tries, but on the 99% of plays, his lazy ass is walking back and forth

He’s talking about Isaac as the prototypical Center.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,359

Post#1049 » by Knightro » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:52 am

You watch these bubble games and get to see guys like Lillard and Booker and Doncic and Harden over and over it just becomes abundantly clear that the most valuable thing in the league by a massive margin is an efficient three-level scorer who can also create easy and efficient opportunities for others.

Whether it's the draft or trades or whatever, the Magic have to find that as soon as possible.

Figure it out.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,149

Post#1050 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:28 am

j-ragg wrote:While we are complaining about previous busts, I think if Mario worked harder at a few things he could’ve been a star. Picture perfect jumper, good athleticism, great size for a wing. **** you Knicks for taking our guy.

Never forget that Devin Booker lobbied to be drafted by us this year.

“I’m really close with the owners here,” Booker said Wednesday before the game. “It was funny. They had a top-five pick. Obviously, I wasn’t being rated that high. But I’m good friends with the DeVoses because we’re both from Grand Rapids, Mich. I was telling them, ‘I need to come to Orlando.’ But I knew it wasn’t going to happen. It was a long shot. I’m happy where I’m at.”

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/11/25/orlando-sentinel-devin-booker-lobbied-orlando-magic-draft/
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#1051 » by Furinkazan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 am

our playoffs and end of the season
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1052 » by Tarheel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:16 am

Not that it matters as we've been spanked by the Bucks without him, but Giannis may miss the first game or two of our series with a suspension after he headbutted Mo Wagner last night.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#1053 » by TheGlyde » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 am

Tarheel wrote:Not that it matters as we've been spanked by the Bucks without him, but Giannis may miss the first game or two of our series with a suspension after he headbutted Mo Wagner last night.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-ejected-after-headbutt-against-wizards-moe-wagner/
Based on historical precedent, Antetokounmpo is likely to draw a one-game suspension for this headbutt. Hasheem Thabeet (2013) and Kevin Garnett (2015) both headbutted opposing players and were suspended for their team's next game.

Likely back for the playoffs but hey, we might get lucky.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1054 » by Tarheel » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:58 am

TheGlyde wrote:
Tarheel wrote:Not that it matters as we've been spanked by the Bucks without him, but Giannis may miss the first game or two of our series with a suspension after he headbutted Mo Wagner last night.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-ejected-after-headbutt-against-wizards-moe-wagner/
Based on historical precedent, Antetokounmpo is likely to draw a one-game suspension for this headbutt. Hasheem Thabeet (2013) and Kevin Garnett (2015) both headbutted opposing players and were suspended for their team's next game.

Likely back for the playoffs but hey, we might get lucky.

Ah, hadn't seen that. Assumed it would be a longer ban. Here's hoping.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#1055 » by drsd » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:24 pm

OrlandoNed wrote:Being mediocre (at best) for an extended period of time is one thing, but being content with continued mediocrity while changing next to nothing is pure insanity.

And-1

Look Orlando was horrible for a long time. Let's see what this team does as it looks to build from mediocrity.

Frankly a 41-41 season next year would be a good result and something to even further build on. But Orlando must get to 50 wins for the 2021-22 season. If not, then a rebuild will be required.

jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1056 » by jonbob17 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 pm

drsd wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:Being mediocre (at best) for an extended period of time is one thing, but being content with continued mediocrity while changing next to nothing is pure insanity.

And-1

Look Orlando was horrible for a long time. Let's see what this team does as it looks to build from mediocrity.

Frankly a 41-41 season next year would be a good result and something to even further build on. But Orlando must get to 50 wins for the 2021-22 season. If not, then a rebuild will be required.

41-41 would have been a good result this year. The Magic are 8 games under .500. Not sure how they are getting better next year with all the teams around them getting better and the Magic without Isaac.

If they wait until 2022-2023 to rebuild, it will be a full rebuild, front office, everybody, doubtful that Fultz and/or Isaac will be part of that timeline.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1057 » by j-ragg » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:00 pm

Until someone with a relatively high ceiling is leading us to that 41-41 it’s kinda pointless to me.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Creativetran
Senior
And1: 281

Post#1058 » by Creativetran » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:41 pm

drsd wrote:Look Orlando was horrible for a long time. Let's see what this team does as it looks to build from mediocrity.

Honestly I enjoyed watching this team much more when we were horrible but had some young players that were exciting. Remember when Oladipo and Harris were putting up crazy numbers on those crappy teams? That was fun to watch compared to this crap.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#1059 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:53 pm

jonbob17 wrote:
drsd wrote:

And-1

41-41 would have been a good result this year. The Magic are 8 games under .500. Not sure how they are getting better next year with all the teams around them getting better and the Magic without Isaac.

If they wait until 2022-2023 to rebuild, it will be a full rebuild, front office, everybody, doubtful that Fultz and/or Isaac will be part of that timeline.

But one can just as easily say that if the season never got disrupted... this team would have hit that mark. And the reason i don't can't put a nail in this coffin is because core players are still growing. Fultz, isaac and bamba are still developing. we drafted a player that could make a difference for us in the future in okeke.... and at some point.... players like fournier, vuc etc will be used to find pieces to fit in what we have going. just gotta be patient... and sadly there have been setbacks along the way with injuries.... like many teams. But since our team is not fully dependent on single players... mediocrity is the ceiling when it happens... and not tank mode unless wholesales are made.... and that is not wise.

our team is super young... and next season could have been a huge difference through development alone. And i get it... people want to see a winning product asap. but i'd rather them do the best that they can with what we have.... and make strategic changes... IF they believe in the player's potential. Which i honestly do.

but we will see what happens because we don't know what's seen in practices and behind the curtain. At the end of the day,... we have no say in all of this... so as long as I can see the plan, there is no reason for me to get my panties in a bundle until it is proven otherwise. lol... how I stay sane 101.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,013

Post#1060 » by KillMonger » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:44 pm

Def Swami wrote:
j-ragg wrote:While we are complaining about previous busts, I think if Mario worked harder at a few things he could’ve been a star. Picture perfect jumper, good athleticism, great size for a wing. **** you Knicks for taking our guy.

Never forget that Devin Booker lobbied to be drafted by us this year.

“I’m really close with the owners here,” Booker said Wednesday before the game. “It was funny. They had a top-five pick. Obviously, I wasn’t being rated that high. But I’m good friends with the DeVoses because we’re both from Grand Rapids, Mich. I was telling them, ‘I need to come to Orlando.’ But I knew it wasn’t going to happen. It was a long shot. I’m happy where I’m at.”

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/11/25/orlando-sentinel-devin-booker-lobbied-orlando-magic-draft/

still stings every time i think about it

Return to Orlando Magic