ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#1661 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Would you guys do Vuc for Jaylon Brown?

Brown's value is tiers above Vucevic's but yes I'd attach 15 and next year's first too if that's what it took.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#1662 » by Skybox » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:16 pm

j-ragg wrote:

Brown's value is tiers above Vucevic's but yes I'd attach 15 and next year's first too if that's what it took.

Even if value was there, BOS is contending NOW with a young team...unless they get smacked up, they'll probably be reluctant to mess with the core and the picks won't have the same value vs win-now pieces (unless cap and tax hit REAL hard), IMO

I DO like Vuc with BOS but I can't see Brown on the move...more likely Hayward
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#1663 » by j-ragg » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Skybox wrote:
j-ragg wrote:

Even if value was there, BOS is contending NOW with a young team...unless they get smacked up, they'll probably be reluctant to mess with the core and the picks won't have the same value vs win-now pieces (unless cap and tax hit REAL hard), IMO

Honestly doubt they'd do Hayward either but I agree with what you're saying. Wouldn't make much sense w/ their timeline.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,957

Post#1664 » by Xatticus » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:06 pm

j-ragg wrote:
Skybox wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Brown's value is tiers above Vucevic's but yes I'd attach 15 and next year's first too if that's what it took.

Honestly doubt they'd do Hayward either but I agree with what you're saying. Wouldn't make much sense w/ their timeline.

Hayward only has a year left and I'm not sure they will have wiggle room for his expiring to matter for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they used it as a counterweight to bring in another piece. Would Vucevic be that player? I kind of doubt it. I'd hope so, as they seem to be one of the only teams in the league that might be interested in the remainder of his contract, but I don't think our front office would actually consider moving Vucevic. I believe they are smitten.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#1665 » by fendilim » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:17 pm

Didnt the celtics held out Jaylen for a Kawhi deal? Lol what would make them do Vuc for Jaylen?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1666 » by Skin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:41 pm

cedric76 wrote:Vuc is so underrated on this board

This was a funny sequence. :lol:
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#1667 » by Nyce_1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 am

I didn't know Brown was that highly thought of. I just figure the Celtics weakness is lack of a quality big. And with so many scorers, it would be a easy swap.

Ah well.
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#1668 » by GatorbaitDD » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:I didn't know Brown was that highly thought of. I just figure the Celtics weakness is lack of a quality big. And with so many scorers, it would be a easy swap.

Ah well.

Brown is one of the best young wings in the league
j-ragg
RealGM

Post#1669 » by j-ragg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:04 pm

GatorbaitDD wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:I didn't know Brown was that highly thought of. I just figure the Celtics weakness is lack of a quality big. And with so many scorers, it would be a easy swap.

Ah well.

Brown is one of the best young wings in the league

Better offensive player than anyone we have, and a stud defender at the age of 23. Celts had help obviously but they did it right with drafting wings like Tatum/Brown.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#1670 » by cedric76 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:23 pm

Skin wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Vuc is so underrated on this board

This was a funny sequence. :lol:

Lol nyce_1prove me wrong
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#1671 » by Bensational » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:47 pm

If Jaylen Brown was made available then we should throw everything at a trade for him.

Vuc + Fournier + Ross for Brown + Hayward?

Vuc + Gordon for Brown + Hayward?

Ainge would likely try to get Isaac. Doubt he'd want Bamba.

Brown would give us a scorer to build around finally. Hayward becomes an expiring, but good veteran leadership in the short term.

Bamba/Birch
Aminu/Clark/(Isaac)
Hayward/Okeke
Brown/?
Fultz/?

2020 FRP = Lewis/Maxey/Terry/Pok/etc.

That's a team that can stay competitive now, and if a couple pieces hit, we could quickly leap up into contention for a top 4 seed.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Post#1672 » by basketballRob » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I remember rumors that Ainge wanted to trade Brown for Bamba straight up during that draft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#1673 » by Skin » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:09 pm

basketballRob wrote:I remember rumors that Ainge wanted to trade Brown for Bamba straight up during that draft.

I don't think that's believable. First time I heard that.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#1674 » by The Effect » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:14 am

Bensational wrote:

Awesome, do it right now!

One of the best wings in the nba for a fragile, one dimensional Sf with a torn acl and history of lower body Injuries?? Where do we sign up??
Let Boston waste 2 years trying to rebuild him and then praying "it was just a series of fluke injuries", and that he develops any offensive game.... All while probably giving him a max deal

I'll take the bully
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,391

Post#1675 » by SOUL » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 am

The Effect wrote:
Bensational wrote:

One of the best wings in the nba for a fragile, one dimensional Sf with a torn acl and history of lower body Injuries?? Where do we sign up??
Let Boston waste 2 years trying to rebuild him and then praying "it was just a series of fluke injuries", and that he develops any offensive game.... All while probably giving him a max deal

I'll take the bully

Guy shot 47/34/78, you're massively downplaying Isaac's offense and what it could be. It may never match his defense, but let's stop acting like he's some scrub.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,957

Post#1676 » by Xatticus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 am

The Effect wrote:
Bensational wrote:

I'll take the bully

They already locked him into an extension. They aren’t moving Brown for anything we have. It’s funny that it wasn’t that long ago that Brown and Gordon were comparable assets. Hypothetically speaking, I have little doubt that Gordon would be the better asset right now if we had made that swap a year ago. We talk about how well Boston has drafted, but the conversation should be about how well Boston has developed what they have drafted.

It has to be nice for Ainge to know that whatever player he brings in, he can expect them to perform better than they have at other stops. I’d love to see them get swept out by Miami and replace Stevens for some dumb reason, but I know that this board would just spend the next five years or so lamenting how we blew our opportunity to hire Stevens when he was available. I have such little confidence in this front office’s willingness to be proactive about anything.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Post#1677 » by PrimeThyme » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 am

Bensational wrote:If Jaylen Brown was made available then we should throw everything at a trade for him.

Vuc + Fournier + Ross for Brown + Hayward?

Vuc + Gordon for Brown + Hayward?

Brown would give us a scorer to build around finally. Hayward becomes an expiring, but good veteran leadership in the short term.

Bamba/Birch
Aminu/Clark/(Isaac)
Hayward/Okeke
Brown/?
Fultz/?

2020 FRP = Lewis/Maxey/Terry/Pok/etc.

That's a team that can stay competitive now, and if a couple pieces hit, we could quickly leap up into contention for a top 4 seed.

With all due respect, I don't think you or others have a realistic view of either Vuc's value or Browns because I can guarantee you that either of those trades wouldn't get us close to obtaining Brown. He's legitimately playing like a top 20 player right now and has been for much of this year. He has an extremely valuable skillset that translates to the postseason. It would be a toss up between Tatum or Brown for me personally. I love Tatum, but his shot selection at times and lack of elite defense compared to Brown would almost lean me to Brown.

If Boston is not getting a top 5 player back in a trade they have absolutely no reason to move him. We just don't have the assets to get a player like that. Our best shot is the lottery. I just don't see any players of that level realistically getting traded here.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1678 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:05 am

basketballRob wrote:I remember rumors that Ainge wanted to trade Brown for Bamba straight up during that draft.

There is no existence in any of the infinite multiverses for which this was true.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1679 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:15 am

Actually, what about this ...

Vuc + Gordon + #15 for Brown + Hayward

Boston now has:

Kemba
____
Tatum
AG
Vuc

+ the #14 and 15 pick (+ #26&30!) in the draft to take guards or package them and move up and try to replace Brown

Orlando overpays but gets Brown as the 23 year old playmaker next to Fultz they need who starts a fresh contract and is locked into the franchise. Also, Hayward is a $30M+ expiring deal so he + Evan leaving should help us rebuild around Fultz, Brown and Isaac with cap space.

... crazy talk but what else is there to talk about!
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#1680 » by MagicMatic » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:24 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Actually, what about this ...

Vuc + Gordon + #15 for Brown + Hayward

Boston now has:

Kemba
____
Tatum
AG
Vuc

+ the #14 and 15 pick (+ #26&30!) in the draft to take guards or package them and move up and try to replace Brown

Orlando overpays but gets Brown as the guy they 23 year old playmaker next to Fultz they who starts a fresh contract and is locked into the franchise. Also, Hayward is a $30M+ expiring deal so he + Evan leaving should help us rebuild around Fultz, Brown and Isaac with cap space.

... crazy talk but what else is there to talk about!

I’d be happy with it simply because it would mean they are picking a direction.

Fultz
Brown
___
Isaac
Bamba

We will need another dynamic scorer to pair with these players. Whatever that money becomes at SF would at least be an interesting conversation.

Return to Orlando Magic