ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#541 » by Bensational » Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 pm

basketballRob wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Frazier sucks. I thought he’d be able to find a role in this league but he seems miles behind even someone like Iwundu.
He hasn't got a chance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

With all our injuries this season, he would've had a chance to make an impression on the coaches in practice. But he couldn't beat out MCW, Iwundu or Ennis for any of those minutes.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#542 » by Xatticus » Sun May 24, 2020 1:02 am

Bensational wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
j-ragg wrote:Frazier sucks. I thought he’d be able to find a role in this league but he seems miles behind even someone like Iwundu.
He hasn't got a chance.

With all our injuries this season, he would've had a chance to make an impression on the coaches in practice. But he couldn't beat out MCW, Iwundu or Ennis for any of those minutes.

Clifford clearly didn't trust him, but that's not enough for me to condemn him. There have been many talented players over the years that couldn't crack the rotation under a particular coach. Frazier may suck. We just don't know. There is no justification for our front office bringing him back if Clifford is still here though. It's a waste of a roster spot if the coach isn't going to play him under any circumstances and I can't fathom what circumstance would lead to Clifford utilizing him given that Frazier was immediately usurped in the depth chart by every piece of flotsam we picked up from the waiver wire last year.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#543 » by Bensational » Sun May 24, 2020 3:12 am

Xatticus wrote:
Bensational wrote:
basketballRob wrote:He hasn't got a chance.

Clifford clearly didn't trust him, but that's not enough for me to condemn him. There have been many talented players over the years that couldn't crack the rotation under a particular coach. Frazier may suck. We just don't know. There is no justification for our front office bringing him back if Clifford is still here though. It's a waste of a roster spot if the coach isn't going to play him under any circumstances and I can't fathom what circumstance would lead to Clifford utilizing him given that Frazier was immediately usurped in the depth chart by every piece of flotsam we picked up from the waiver wire last year.

I'm not calling him a bust, just pointing out he doesn't seem to be making the cut on this team. Like you said, that could be Cliff, or it could be his ability.

I'd like to see us flush out the veterans who aren't adding much like Aminu or DJ, but neither of those would open many minutes up for Frazier with Okeke, Ross, Iwundu and MCW still ahead of him.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#544 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon May 25, 2020 12:58 am

It's well known that players develop slowly here (if they develop at all). Why that is can and has been debated to death in these forums.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,223

Post#545 » by pepe1991 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:54 am

Frazier turns 24 soon, if he was ever any good, he would get at least some main roster burn. Never happend.

But for 35th pick, you simply can't expect much, if anything.
Remember that Canda guy we drafted , who got cut from G league roster?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#546 » by Skybox » Mon May 25, 2020 11:58 am

Just watched a McGrady highlight reel for his birthday...omg. Forgettable period in Magic history but what a complete offensive, athletic monster!
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#547 » by JBSouthpaw » Mon May 25, 2020 2:03 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Frazier turns 24 soon, if he was ever any good, he would get at least some main roster burn. Never happend.

But for 35th pick, you simply can't expect much, if anything.
Remember that Canda guy we drafted , who got cut from G league roster?

Not arguing, just observing... after the NFL draft....It is amazing the 35th basketball player taken in the draft isn't expected to contribute.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#548 » by Skybox » Mon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm

Skybox wrote:Just watched a McGrady highlight reel for his birthday...omg. Forgettable period in Magic history but what a complete offensive, athletic monster!

Get Zach Lavine...he's the closest thing
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#549 » by zaymon » Mon May 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Skybox wrote:
Skybox wrote:Just watched a McGrady highlight reel for his birthday...omg. Forgettable period in Magic history but what a complete offensive, athletic monster!

With Zach we will win as much as with McGrady or even less. I believe in Fultz. Our FO knows better than us if building around Markelle is reasonable thing to do right know, but every move they make is pointing towards that.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#550 » by thelead » Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 pm

zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

With Zach we will win as much as with McGrady or even less. I believe in Fultz. Our FO knows better than us if building around Markelle is reasonable thing to do right know, but every move they make is pointing towards that.

As much as I have criticized the FO, I wouldn't trade Fultz for LaVine either. I wouldn't even consider it.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#551 » by Skybox » Mon May 25, 2020 10:34 pm

thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

As much as I have criticized the FO, I wouldn't trade Fultz for LaVine either. I wouldn't even consider it.

Me neither- I want them side by side
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#552 » by pepe1991 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 am

Magic currently do not have player to build around.
Not like Lavine is one tho.

If Isaac isn't always hurt he would be closest thing to that, but even his skillset makes him poor man Pippen more than anything close to Curry, Lebron, Durant, Jordan, Kawhi...
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#553 » by pinoynurse » Tue May 26, 2020 3:33 pm

thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

fultz has proven me wrong this year but i am very doubtful if he can ever reach franchise player status. it will take a miracle for him to regain that 3 point shot and for me thats the key for him to reach that next level. he has proven me wrong before though, i would like him to do it again
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#554 » by Bensational » Tue May 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Bensational wrote:I'd like to see the league run a mini tournament for the #8 seed in each conference, putting teams 9-12 in a sudden death tournament that ends in the winner battling the Grizz and Magic for the 8th seeds. Then jump into playoffs with the other teams already seeded.

Use the results of that tournament to decide the season record for the lottery. So if the Knicks somehow make it through the tournament to play the Magic, they fall to the 13th team's odds in the lottery.

That way the league fan still fees exposure back in to the bottom ranked teams to close the season out. It could be unfair for the current 8th seeds, but neither has a commanding grip on the positions. There aren't really any blatant tank teams in the 9-12 spots, either, except maybe the Knicks. In the West, they're all good teams just underperforming. In the East, we're presently just the best of a bad bunch.

It would give us more games and some stakes from day 1 at any rate!

I don't know about the league's proposal for a 20 team playoff series that adds in 4 west conf teams but no extra EC teams. Though, Portland and SAS probably have more playoff hopes of an upset than the Magic or any East team below us in the standings.

Open it up to the top 12 in each conf, make the bottom 5-6 run a 'play-in' tournament and finish off seeding to start the playoffs.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#555 » by EAS Law » Tue May 26, 2020 8:58 pm

thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:
Skybox wrote:

I have a lot of faith in Fultz. I wish we could bring Lavine here as our SG. He’s obviously extremely athletic and seems to be able to hit the three. It would be like TRoss with the handles of a PG.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#556 » by thelead » Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 pm

EAS Law wrote:
thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:With Zach we will win as much as with McGrady or even less. I believe in Fultz. Our FO knows better than us if building around Markelle is reasonable thing to do right know, but every move they make is pointing towards that.

I have a lot of faith in Fultz. I wish we could bring Lavine here as our SG. He’s obviously extremely athletic and seems to be able to hit the three. It would be like TRoss with the handles of a PG.

Lavine would be a great addition. He’s a rich man JR Smith. Someone with a jump shot and can get his own bucket. I’ve always questioned his maturity but he’s a hell of a talent.
pinoynurse
Rookie
And1: 353

Post#557 » by pinoynurse » Wed May 27, 2020 8:56 am

EAS Law wrote:
thelead wrote:
zaymon wrote:With Zach we will win as much as with McGrady or even less. I believe in Fultz. Our FO knows better than us if building around Markelle is reasonable thing to do right know, but every move they make is pointing towards that.

serious question and by no means am i trying to be offensive, but what has given you so much optimism on fultz? the reason i ask is because trust me i want to believe but i dont see anything that convinces me.
From strength, learn gentleness. Through gentleness, strength will prevail.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#558 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:39 am

Magic as team own one record :lol:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#559 » by drsd » Wed May 27, 2020 1:44 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

Magic as team own one record :lol:

Given that Howard and Redick were VERY high efficiency in FG%, this particular record is ridiculous.

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#560 » by EAS Law » Wed May 27, 2020 2:42 pm

pinoynurse wrote:
EAS Law wrote:
thelead wrote:As much as I have criticized the FO, I wouldn't trade Fultz for LaVine either. I wouldn't even consider it.

serious question and by no means am i trying to be offensive, but what has given you so much optimism on fultz? the reason i ask is because trust me i want to believe but i dont see anything that convinces me.

I see a player that is essentially playing in his first meaningful season and one who has exhibited great court awareness and vision. I like how explosive and athletic he is. I like how he can be a great defensive player and create havoc. He’s extremely young still and learning the NBA game.

He might not ever be an all star or superstar, but for what we gave up to get him, I think he can be a really good starter for us for a long while to come.

Return to Orlando Magic