ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,118

Re: Official Speculation Thread '19-'20 V: Purgatory 

Post#61 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:15 pm

drsd wrote:Some stats.

Orlando is 29th in the league in ppg: 104.2 is a full 15.6 ppg less than the league leader.
Orlando is 29th in the league in FG%: 43.4%
Orlando is 28th in the league in three-point FG% : 33.5%
Orlando is 29th in fouls given per game: teams only mould the Magic 18.9 pg

Orlando is 5th in the league in bpg: 5.8
Orlando is 2nd in the league in to's per game: only 11.9 !
Orlando is league best at personal fouls per game: only 17.5 (a full 1 foul better than the 2nd team and 5.8 fouls better than the worst team).
Orland gives up the fewest opponent ppg: 105.8
Orlando is 3rd/4th in steals allowed per game: only allows 6.8 spg

Rebounding, FT shooting, assist numbers, etc. are all hovering in the league averages.

So: Orlando has elite features to its game. The team simply needs to hit more shot attempts to be more than mediocre.

the points, TO's and personal fouls are no surprise honestly. We slow the pace down offensively so less possessions and turnovers and we're a soft team. The one that stands out is blocks per game because that should lead to fast break points and pushing the pace into transition.

Said it 2 years ago the Magic needed to find some sort of shooting off the bench other than TRoss and instead we grab PF's and non shooters. Imagine 2 more league average shooters to play those 7th 8th man minutes right now/earlier in the season.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#62 » by tiderulz » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Orlando is 29th in the league in ppg: 104.2 is a full 15.6 ppg less than the league leader.

Orlando is league best at personal fouls per game: only 17.5 (a full 1 foul better than the 2nd team and 5.8 fouls better than the worst team).

Rebounding, FT shooting, assist numbers, etc. are all hovering in the league averages.

So: Orlando has elite features to its game. The team simply needs to hit more shot attempts to be more than mediocre.

i think some of those high defense marks are related to pace maybe?
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,380

Post#63 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Honestly, my opinion on an AG trade is if he is getting traded it better signal a full rebuild is coming and a Vuc/Fournier trade should immediately follow. I have absolutely zero interest in trading another young player for a complementary piece to put around Vuc. We know what the outcome will be.

Move forward with Isaac/Bamba/Fultz/Chuma, play them high minutes next season to decide who the keepers are, and then try to find offensive talent in the draft.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#64 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:41 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Honestly, my opinion on an AG trade is if he is getting traded it better signal a full rebuild is coming and a Vuc/Fournier trade should immediately follow. I have absolutely zero interest in trading another young player for a complementary piece to put around Vuc. We know what the outcome will be.

Move forward with Isaac/Bamba/Fultz/Chuma, play them high minutes next season to decide who the keepers are, and then try to find offensive talent in the draft.

This should be their approach moving forward. They’ve settled on everything and refuse to take steps backward though. That will go down as the main problem in this whole exchange, and it’s far too late now to concede they were wrong.

I’m pretty fed up with this FO trying to find new cool ways of rolling out the same Hennigan core. They need to do their job. Finding a trade partner for the vets and making a draft selection that makes sense would be a good start.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#65 » by basketballRob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:55 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Honestly, my opinion on an AG trade is if he is getting traded it better signal a full rebuild is coming and a Vuc/Fournier trade should immediately follow. I have absolutely zero interest in trading another young player for a complementary piece to put around Vuc. We know what the outcome will be.

AG is 3 years younger than Fournier and 5 years younger than Vucevic. I think AG is young enough to be part of a youth movement.

One thing AG is a better defender and I think he has more value around the league.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:01 pm

I'd rather Keep AG and move Vuc/Fournier but that will never happen other than on 2k
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:02 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

This should be their approach moving forward. They’ve settled on everything and refuse to take steps backward though. That will go down as the main problem in this whole exchange, and it’s far too late now to concede they were wrong.

I’m pretty fed up with this FO trying to find new cool ways of rolling out the same Hennigan core. They need to do their job. Finding a trade partner for the vets and making a draft selection that makes sense would be a good start.

don't think we're going to be happy come draft night.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,414

Post#68 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm

I think the chance for a rebuild in the offseason is almost 0%. We gonna make the playoffs for the 2nd time in a row & for the bad record they have the injury excuse. They probably have no pressure at all.
In case Evan signs a new contract ( :sigh: ), i see us keeping that core without AG, for another 2 years at least.
I see no market for Vuc anyway, only if we give up a asset (hope not) or for a bad contract (I know Vuc is a good player but i wrote before, i see no market for his player type on that contract. No Contender, no Rebuilding team & no tanking team).

I highly doubt we gonna rebuild around young players under this FO in combination with our last failed rebuild anyway.

''Best case scenario'' for Buddy Ball opponents, is probably Evan opting in another year & the team misses the playoffs, or plays a season like this year, without major injuries. Than i can see them letting Evan go and trying a Retool of the roster around Isaac, Fultz & another year of Vuc.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:09 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:

I think the chance for a rebuild in the offseason is almost 0%. We gonna make the playoffs for the 2nd time in a row & for the bad record they have the injury excuse. They probably have no pressure at all.
In case Evan signs a new contract ( :sigh: ), i see us keep that core without AG, for another 2 years at least.
I see no market for Vuc anyway, only if we give up a asset (hope not) or for a bad contract (I know Vuc is a good player but i wrote before, i see no market for his player type on that contract. No Contender, no Rebuilding team & no tanking team).

I highly doubt we gonna rebuild around young players under this FO in combination with our last failed rebuild anyway.

''Best case scenario'' for Buddy Ball opponents, is probably Evan opting in another year & the team misses the playoffs, or plays a season like this year, without major injuries. Than i can see them letting Evan go and trying a Retool of the roster around Isaac, Fultz & another year of Vuc.

the injury excuse is just that an excuse and honestly is BS. Look around the league and show me the injuries and other teams fighting through it. This Magic team was extremely flawed with and even more flawed without Isaac, its absolutely a slap in the face to say otherwise.

3 KEY ISSUES
0 players who can beat his man 1v1/bucket getter
3 point Shooting
NBA Bench Depth
GelbeWand09
Rookie

Post#70 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:12 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:

In case Evan signs a new contract ( :sigh: ), i see us keep that core without AG, for another 2 years at least.

the injury excuse is just that an excuse and honestly is BS. Look around the league and show me the injuries and other teams fighting through it. This Magic team was extremely flawed with and even more flawed without Isaac, its absolutely a slap in the face to say otherwise.

3 KEY ISSUES
3 point Shooting
NBA Bench Depth

Hey i'm on youre side :lol: About the other teams having the same injuries i wrote the last days too. I'm just sure thats what we gonna hear in the offseason by the FO & the Magic media.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:15 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:

3 KEY ISSUES
3 point Shooting
NBA Bench Depth

Hey i'm on youre side :lol: About the other teams having the same injuries i wrote the last days too. I'm just sure thats what we gonna hear in the offseason by the FO & the Magic media.

oh I know it's just sick seeing the media and magic say ohh injuries hurt us this year but wait until next year and pray for internal growth.
GelbeWand09
Rookie

Post#72 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:25 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

3 KEY ISSUES
3 point Shooting
NBA Bench Depth

oh I know it's just sick seeing the media and magic say ohh injuries hurt us this year but wait until next year and pray for internal growth.

Yea what i wrote is just what i'm sure is gonna happen, not what i want. Like Matic said, i see no way they take the risk of a step back in a rebuild around the youth. That scenario is almost impossible, in my opinion.
I just hope when we go into next season with Vuc & Evan, they at least retool the bench. We need more than 1 scorer on the bench and more than 2 leaque average shooter on the roster. But after reading that interview 1-2 weeks ago, were they denied that they missed adding shooting & our shooters just having a down year, i have a hard time seeing even that happening.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,979

Post#73 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

don't think we're going to be happy come draft night.

If they take a guard or wing with even the slightest ability to create offense I’ll be happy and surprised.
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#74 » by trebone » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:06 pm

AGs turnaround has come from him getting minutes at the 4, if you were to slide Isaac to the 5 for 15-20 min a game I think they would play great together
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#75 » by MoMM » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:24 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:But after reading that interview 1-2 weeks ago, were they denied that they missed adding shooting & our shooters just having a down year, i have a hard time seeing even that happening.

What do you expect them to say? Obviously they wouldn't tell that we lack of shooters, but they should know it and will try to address it next offseason, IMO.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#76 » by zaymon » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 pm

MoMM wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:But after reading that interview 1-2 weeks ago, were they denied that they missed adding shooting & our shooters just having a down year, i have a hard time seeing even that happening.

What do you expect them to say? Obviously they wouldn't tell that we lack of shooters, but they should know it and will try to address it next offseason, IMO.

Even if they didnt know, last two games should be a cold shower ;) Last year with Dj healthy we were fine, this year is different becouse we had injuries, and becouse we sacrificed our spacing for Fultz. I hope time we invested in that kid will be worth it. If Fultz doesnt make progress next year, playing him and Gordon will be painful. Even Harden needed more shooters after Westbrook trade,why we should be different ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,019

Post#77 » by fendilim » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:09 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:

3 KEY ISSUES
3 point Shooting
NBA Bench Depth

hammond already used this as an excuse in a podcast after the trade deadline lol
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#78 » by nymets1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:23 am

Shake Milton is perhaps the hottest pickup off the waiver wire now. He put up a full line tonight. If only we had him and Fultz as our PG rotation. How could you not root for someone with Shake as their 1st name?
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#79 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:38 am

We have elite defensive coaching. Our talent lacks severely.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#80 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:40 am

yoyojw17 wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:I'll take all the blessings possible! :pray: :pray:

Bless you. Your rare nowadays but someday your opinion will mean more to me and I will see you as ahead of the curve. I don’t mean to discredit you.
I just feel we are hopeless. I don’t even know enough about the team at this point to criticize you. I just lost interest.

Appreciate it! Let's hope and we can celebrate together in the end. haha

There’s not much to do at this point but laugh if a championship is the goal!

Return to Orlando Magic