ImageImageImageImage

Magic had ‘internal’ interest in Dinwiddie at deadline

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Re: Magic had ‘internal’ interest in Dinwiddie at deadline 

Post#41 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:13 pm

tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:I want the other Nets player. Caris Levert. There was even a Brooklyn fan not so long ago asking if we would deal Gordon for LeVert and frp. I would say its a tempting deal. Dont know if i would do it, but i would consider it.

Fultz/ Fournier/ LeVert/ Isaac/ Vucevic

More shooting, ball handling, less defence, but i think Isaac will cover for it.

honest question, how is Levert different than Fournier? except 1-2 years younger? they defend close to the same, he shoots the 3 worse. 2-pt FG% much worse. his PER and TS pretty bad.

I am not an expert on Levert, but I think he is a better ball handler and passer. They are quite similar, but its a skill set we need regardless. He also played more small forward than Fournier. We could counter small ball quite effectively with both of them. Ross has his limitations as a ball handler. LeVert comes also after injury. He was breaking out last year.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#42 » by tiderulz » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:22 pm

zaymon wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
zaymon wrote:I want the other Nets player. Caris Levert. There was even a Brooklyn fan not so long ago asking if we would deal Gordon for LeVert and frp. I would say its a tempting deal. Dont know if i would do it, but i would consider it.

More shooting, ball handling, less defence, but i think Isaac will cover for it.

honest question, how is Levert different than Fournier? except 1-2 years younger? they defend close to the same, he shoots the 3 worse. 2-pt FG% much worse. his PER and TS pretty bad.

I am not an expert on Levert, but I think he is a better ball handler and passer. They are quite similar, but its a skill set we need regardless. He also played more small forward than Fournier. We could counter small ball quite effectively with both of them. Ross has his limitations as a ball handler. LeVert comes also after injury. He was breaking out last year.

he is smaller than Evan.
BlueBalls
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Post#43 » by BlueBalls » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:27 pm

spinedoc wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Good sign for summer.
DInwiddie and sign and trade for Harris for Gordon.

Get it done.

Pacers don't really have anybody but Brogdon that interests me.
They have Turner that is dead salary given how much better Sabonis is.

You don't have any interest in Lamb? I see four guys from those two teams that could work for me, Dinwiddie, Levert, Brogdon, and Lamb.

No interest in Lamb. I don't eat baby animals.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#44 » by Bensational » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:50 pm

Dinwiddie wouldn't be a good fit with Vuc. Dinwiddie has been playing with roll men who can get up for lobs almost exclusively. So he would fit better with Isaac and Gordon, and possibly Bamba if we can teach him how to roll better.

Having 2 PnR options in the backcourt and 3 in the frontcourt could make for an exciting offensive potential. Fultz, AG, Isaac will all continue to improve from 3, and Dinwiddie has been much better before. Bamba already hits well.

We just need to convince Durant to convince BKN to trade Dinwiddie + Jordan + filler for Vuc. And we have to hope we don't get Toronto in the playoffs or else Vuc will never have trade value again.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,152

Post#45 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Bensational wrote:Dinwiddie wouldn't be a good fit with Vuc. Dinwiddie has been playing with roll men who can get up for lobs almost exclusively. So he would fit better with Isaac and Gordon, and possibly Bamba if we can teach him how to roll better.

Having 2 PnR options in the backcourt and 3 in the frontcourt could make for an exciting offensive potential. Fultz, AG, Isaac will all continue to improve from 3, and Dinwiddie has been much better before. Bamba already hits well.

We just need to convince Durant to convince BKN to trade Dinwiddie + Jordan + filler for Vuc. And we have to hope we don't get Toronto in the playoffs or else Vuc will never have trade value again.

So we would only need to teach Dinwiddie, Fultz, Isaac and Gordon how to shoot and Bamba how to roll. I suppose you also want to get rid of Fournier....... no really it could work.....
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,584

Post#46 » by Rainwater » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:20 pm

orlando_joe wrote:ag keeps playing like last 15 games magic better not trade him..he is magic best 2 way player not close...
for magic first maybe..he is just ross that plays 1 and 2 as ross plays 2 and 3...yes ross has been bad this yr yet he still has same % as dinwiddie
better yet a healthy aminu and 2 -2nds they could use a guy like that with Durant back wont be many shots for dinwiddlie
he could get salty

Yeah, give Gordon 20 more years he'll be a superstar one day......

Jabari, Wiggins, Exuam, and Randle all came from the AG draft, all about the same age and all pretty talented and all their original teams gave up on them. Time doesn't fix all.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#47 » by TheGlyde » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:36 pm

cedric76 wrote:~snip~

Gordon for dinwiddie +musa+tinson(after nets pick his option) +lukawu

I would do that

Then offer a 2 yr max contract to Evan (1+1 with team option which orlando would not pick ) something like 33M for the 1st year.
Makes sense for both parties, Evan makes an extra 14M and can test free agency when teams have money to splash.

Wait...

Wait what did I...

You are bringing in Dinwiddie... Who plays the same position as Fournier, and then going to overpay him to make him one of the top ten paid players in the whole NBA... To... Compete for minutes with Dinwiddie...

I'm sorry I can't process how this Makes sense for both parties, unless you by both parties you mean Fournier, and the parties his family, friends and dependents would be throwing...
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#48 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:48 pm

Trading our 24-year-old promising young player for a veteran who we would more than likely be renting for 1 year (has option to opt out next offseason and 95% sure that he will) sounds like a brilliant idea. Feels like we have done something similar in the past. && for what? To get beat in the first round in 6 games instead of 4? Just doesn't get me excited but I'm sure the clowns steering this titanic are ecstatic about the idea of it.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#49 » by Xatticus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:52 pm

tiderulz wrote:

LeVert does nothing for me.

I want Dinwiddie. He is very good at running the pick-and-roll. He can get all the way to the rim and finish or he can drive and kick. He can also shoot off the dribble. The only issue with adding Dinwiddie is that he would push Fultz to the bench, which wouldn't really bother me.

Fultz is kind of a nonfactor against a set defense at this point. He is really only good at attacking downhill, which comes almost exclusively from transition opportunities.

The only reason for which I would expect that Dinwiddie would be made available is because his skill set is superfluous with a healthy Kyrie Irving on their roster. Dinwiddie probably doesn't finish games for them if Kyrie is healthy.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#50 » by cedric76 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:05 pm

TheGlyde wrote:
cedric76 wrote:~snip~

Gordon for dinwiddie +musa+tinson(after nets pick his option) +lukawu

I would do that

Then offer a 2 yr max contract to Evan (1+1 with team option which orlando would not pick ) something like 33M for the 1st year.
Makes sense for both parties, Evan makes an extra 14M and can test free agency when teams have money to splash.

Wait...

Wait what did I...

You are bringing in Dinwiddie... Who plays the same position as Fournier, and then going to overpay him to make him one of the top ten paid players in the whole NBA... To... Compete for minutes with Dinwiddie...

I'm sorry I can't process how this Makes sense for both parties, unless you by both parties you mean Fournier, and the parties his family, friends and dependents would be throwing...

Think harder glyde, you can do it ;-)
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#51 » by Bensational » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:06 pm

zaymon wrote:
Bensational wrote:Dinwiddie wouldn't be a good fit with Vuc. Dinwiddie has been playing with roll men who can get up for lobs almost exclusively. So he would fit better with Isaac and Gordon, and possibly Bamba if we can teach him how to roll better.

So we would only need to teach Dinwiddie, Fultz, Isaac and Gordon how to shoot and Bamba how to roll. I suppose you also want to get rid of Fournier....... no really it could work.....

Yes, it could work. Considering all those guys other than Dinwiddie are mostly under 23, they still have that potential.

The alternative of finding pieces to accommodate Vuc has proven to be ineffective for 90% of his career. It would be a fool's errand to continue exploring it.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#52 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:to me replacing ag and Fournier with Dinwiddie and harris makes magic worse..

That isn’t what the story is or what I posted.

You replace AG alone with Dinwiddie and Harris.

You replace Evan in a deal to be determined later.

not sure if Fournier just opts out there would be any money to sign any one else and I am sure harris wants more then what he makes now to sign with magic..magic would be over cap or real close to it

I would still call it addition by subtraction. The first year would have some growing pains but really need to move away from Buddy-Ball.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#53 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 pm

Xatticus wrote:LeVert does nothing for me.

I want Dinwiddie. He is very good at running the pick-and-roll. He can get all the way to the rim and finish or he can drive and kick. He can also shoot off the dribble. The only issue with adding Dinwiddie is that he would push Fultz to the bench, which wouldn't really bother me.

Fultz is kind of a nonfactor against a set defense at this point. He is really only good at attacking downhill, which comes almost exclusively from transition opportunities.

The only reason for which I would expect that Dinwiddie would be made available is because his skill set is superfluous with a healthy Kyrie Irving on their roster. Dinwiddie probably doesn't finish games for them if Kyrie is healthy.

I'm in the same boat. Dinwiddie interests me over levert. Would you deal AG for him though? He's got a player option next offseason that he will almost 100% take. I keep seeing people bring up Joe Harris as another piece in the deal but I'm not sure if they realize that he is an unrestricted free agent this summer and is going to get paid. More than likely not even by the Nets. I'm just not sure what else they could add to make a deal interest me. I just don't think it moves the needle much in either direction.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#54 » by Xatticus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:54 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:
Xatticus wrote:LeVert does nothing for me.

I'm in the same boat. Dinwiddie interests me over levert. Would you deal AG for him though? He's got a player option next offseason that he will almost 100% take. I keep seeing people bring up Joe Harris as another piece in the deal but I'm not sure if they realize that he is an unrestricted free agent this summer and is going to get paid. More than likely not even by the Nets. I'm just not sure what else they could add to make a deal interest me. I just don't think it moves the needle much in either direction.

I'd rather not include Gordon. I'd want significant value attached if we moved Gordon for Dinwiddie and it would be with the intention of re-signing Dinwiddie to an extension. I haven't seen much of Brooklyn's young talent and haven't been particularly impressed with what I have seen from them. I'd definitely want a 1st-round pick and something else in return though. Gordon is just more valuable than Dinwiddie.

I still believe there is more to Gordon though. He has been playing pretty well for a while now and it seems like we have been putting the ball in his hands more and letting him use Vucevic to create offense. His decision-making was damn near flawless last night.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#55 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 am

BlueBalls wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Good sign for summer.
DInwiddie and sign and trade for Harris for Gordon.

Get it done.

Pacers don't really have anybody but Brogdon that interests me.
They have Turner that is dead salary given how much better Sabonis is.

You don't have any interest in Lamb? I see four guys from those two teams that could work for me, Dinwiddie, Levert, Brogdon, and Lamb.

No interest in Lamb. I don't eat baby animals.

Can’t live without lamb biryani.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#56 » by Def Swami » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:49 am

I think if you trade for Dinwiddie, you are committing Fultz to the bench. And I agree with Xatticus, I'd be okay with that if the intention is to win as many games as possible. Part of the reason the Nets are bound to trade him is that Dinwiddie is most effective with the ball in his hands, and his effect on the game is mitigated with Kyrie Irving dominating it most of the time, especially when KD returns next year. Fultz as a back up point guard would be a major upgrade to our depth, and allow him to continue to find his offensive game.

I agree with Bensational in that I'd rather use Vucevic to make that move as opposed to Gordon. Since the turn of the new year, Gordon has been the player we thought we were all getting from the jump. Maybe the achillies/calf injury held him back. But this last 20ish games of Gordon has been the best actualized version of Gordon, a player that is built for basketball in 2020. He's a more valuable player. The rest of the league is trying to find players like Gordon and move away from players like Vucevic.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#57 » by TheGlyde » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:01 am

Def Swami wrote:I think if you trade for Dinwiddie, you are committing Fultz to the bench. And I agree with Xatticus, I'd be okay with that if the intention is to win as many games as possible. Part of the reason the Nets are bound to trade him is that Dinwiddie is most effective with the ball in his hands, and his effect on the game is mitigated with Kyrie Irving dominating it most of the time, especially when KD returns next year. Fultz as a back up point guard would be a major upgrade to our depth, and allow him to continue to find his offensive game.

I agree with Bensational in that I'd rather use Vucevic to make that move as opposed to Gordon. Since the turn of the new year, Gordon has been the player we thought we were all getting from the jump. Maybe the achillies/calf injury held him back. But this last 20ish games of Gordon has been the best actualized version of Gordon, a player that is built for basketball in 2020. He's a more valuable player. The rest of the league is trying to find players like Gordon and move away from players like Vucevic.

I'm down for the AG revenge tour, but lets not stretch the window; In January AG was 13/7 on .271 from down town and .575 from the line
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#58 » by Skin » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:26 am

I don't want Dinwiddie because his name is funny. :lol:

Lol nah, I just want someone better.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#59 » by Furinkazan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:14 pm

I dont care much about things that didnt happen.

Not a big fan of DInwiddie.Cant really shoot,short contract.This trade gives me Ibaka vibes.
Indiana and Turner on the other hand is interesting but only if we somehow get rid of Vooch which isnt going to happen.
They wont trade Brogdon so I dont see other deals to be made...and no I dont want Aaron Holiday and TJ Leaf ( Indiana fans most proposed trade)
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#60 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:35 pm

If AG keeps this up till the end of season.... Dinwiddie will not be someone i'd be trading him for. He would be getting used in a Beal level type deal where he fits needs and positions at a high level. AG has the ability... just needs to get his mind right... and he seems to be doing that right now. loving the way he is playing.

Return to Orlando Magic