ImageImageImageImage

Regular Season Game 65: Orlando Magic (29-35) at Memphis Grizzlies (32-32) - 8:00pm ET

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Re: Regular Season Game 65: Orlando Magic (29-35) at Memphis Grizzlies (32-32) - 8:00pm ET 

Post#301 » by EAS Law » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm

tiderulz wrote:
EAS Law wrote:
tiderulz wrote:how often do we get 65 points from the bench? the bench outscored the starters.

Another contrarian post. Nothing to see here. Lol

legit question, i cant argue it, so i will not respond

gotcha

I’m referring to your constant mission to seek out general comments and find any reason whatsoever to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Our bench played exceptionally well this game. We are now 3-0 with Fournier out during this stretch. We are seeing what the team looks like without Fournier at this point in time and so far, we have not lost.

The fact that the bench outscored the starters does not mean we are better with Fournier. If it pleases your ego, you’re right, it’s uncommon for any team’s bench to score 65 pts. I’m not sure what that proves exactly—what impact does last night’s bench performance have on whether or not our team is better with or without Fournier? “Legit question”.

I’ll give you a stat to consider as well—usage percentage. This season, Fournier is at about 25%, which means his presence or absence is significant in terms of offense and team result.

So tired of your arrogant tone generally.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,776

Re: Regular Season Game 65: Orlando Magic (29-35) at Memphis Grizzlies (32-32) - 8:00pm ET 

Post#302 » by OrlandoNed » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:01 pm

j-ragg wrote:
OrlandoNed wrote:
basketballRob wrote:I'd probably take Vuc over Fournier, just because wing defense is so vital.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Much easier to hide Fournier on defense than Vuc.

Yeah I’d rather have Evan. I think the Euro ball is what stifles this offense sometimes, along with forced post ups. His archetype of player is more valuable imo at least in a contract year.

Ideally, I'd like them both gone but I'd settle for either of them gone. The bromance is just not meant to be.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#303 » by tiderulz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 pm

EAS Law wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
EAS Law wrote:Another contrarian post. Nothing to see here. Lol

legit question, i cant argue it, so i will not respond

gotcha

I’m referring to your constant mission to seek out general comments and find any reason whatsoever to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Our bench played exceptionally well this game. We are now 3-0 with Fournier out during this stretch. We are seeing what the team looks like without Fournier at this point in time and so far, we have not lost.

The fact that the bench outscored the starters does not mean we are better with Fournier. If it pleases your ego, you’re right, it’s uncommon for any team’s bench to score 65 pts. I’m not sure what that proves exactly—what impact does last night’s bench performance have on whether or not our team is better with or without Fournier? “Legit question”.

I’ll give you a stat to consider as well—usage percentage. This season, Fournier is at about 25%, which means his presence or absence is significant in terms of offense and team result.

So tired of your arrogant tone generally.

I am always willing to debate and talk over a point, and even change my mind if evidence shows my position is wrong. I dont dig in on something

talk about arrogant, you should look in the mirror. ill just leave your posts alone. we are not going to agree or get along here.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#304 » by zaymon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Injuries robbed us of our bench for a long time but right now its a juggernaut. Its really hard to stop 3 ball handlers especially if all 3 are hot from distance. Playing MCW as a wing is brilliant in my opinion, Clifford really creative there. Dj also took Bamba under his wing, best thing to happen for him. Our starting lineup lacks offense, Vucevic and Fultz are stepping up, but it will be harder and harder without Fournier when Gordon is back to his inefficient self.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#305 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:56 pm

I don't get it, how have we suddenly become an offensive Juggernaut after being one of the worst scoring teams all year long? Makes no sense.
aka: prorl
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,064

Post#306 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:16 am

zaymon wrote:Injuries robbed us of our bench for a long time but right now its a juggernaut. Its really hard to stop 3 ball handlers especially if all 3 are hot from distance. Playing MCW as a wing is brilliant in my opinion, Clifford really creative there. Dj also took Bamba under his wing, best thing to happen for him. Our starting lineup lacks offense, Vucevic and Fultz are stepping up, but it will be harder and harder without Fournier when Gordon is back to his inefficient self.

Imagine having Aminu on the bench with them at PF instead of Clark as well. Isaac is obvious for the starters, but Aminu brought great rebounding and good defense from off the bench. When he gets back next year, he needs to worry less about his offense and be the guy that does the dirty work with MCW.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#307 » by JojoSlimbiid » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:44 am

More time for Markelle to work on that shot........silver linings!!
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,506

Post#308 » by jezzerinho » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:42 am

It's tempting to draw some massive Buddyball conclusion about the last run of games. In reality it's a case of players, who don't normally share the floor with Fournier that much, hitting shots that they've been missing most of the season.

That is, in terms of the scoreboard and probably most of the results. In terms of playing style, we do seem to have speeded up without Fournier and put the ball more in AG/Fultz' hands, which seems at least as effective - if not more so - than our slow-paced style earlier on.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#309 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 pm

jezzerinho wrote:It's tempting to draw some massive Buddyball conclusion about the last run of games. In reality it's a case of players, who don't normally share the floor with Fournier that much, hitting shots that they've been missing most of the season.

That is, in terms of the scoreboard and probably most of the results. In terms of playing style, we do seem to have speeded up without Fournier and put the ball more in AG/Fultz' hands, which seems at least as effective - if not more so - than our slow-paced style earlier on.

I do agree that seems to be the case that we are allowing AG to be more of playmaker, not so much a shot creator which he is not good at, but he is being effective as a passer. Also more Fultz means better results for us.
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic