ImageImageImageImage

Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,783

Re: Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread 

Post#1181 » by thelead » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:so we have the wonderful governor here in GA who just finally heard asymptomatic people can infect others, put a state order in place to shelter, and then over-rode local officials to open beaches.

I see this from Orlando (granted, not the government)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/despite-coronavirus-concerns-worshippers-gather-at-orlando-church-under-statewide-exemption/ar-BB12czmp?li=BBnb7Kz

guessing the collection plate doesnt work well with streaming

Infuriating. Why even bother with mitigation strategies????
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,185

Post#1182 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:51 pm

A round up of issues affecting Florida"

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-health-coronavirus-florida-unemployment-insurance-20200320-btwwgumusrha3hzwxvk7bsdlre-story.html

The thinner state safety net is the result of changes made in 2011 under former Republican Gov. Rick Scott in response to lobbying from some of the state’s biggest businesses, who wanted to cut the taxes they were paying to finance jobless benefits. Those changes further weakened what national experts say was already an exceptionally poor state unemployment program for workers.

Florida, for example, caps benefits payments at $275 per week — a ceiling that hasn’t been raised in 22 years.

“We’re starting off this crisis with the worst unemployment system in the country,” said state Sen. Jose Javier Rodriguez, D-Miami.

“That’s not really insurance,” said Chris O’Leary, a senior economist at the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in Michigan.

Florida’s unemployment insurance system works very well for one group, though: Businesses.

Businesses in Florida now pay an average annual unemployment insurance tax of $50 per employee, according to the Labor Department. That’s by far the lowest in the country — and less than one-fifth of the national average ($277 per employee).

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-op-florida-unemployment-bad-system-rick-scott-maxwell-20200324-hjjrkgbdpjgphizhcx56rhx7a4-story.html

Because suddenly, hordes of desperate Floridians — many of whom have worked hard their whole lives — need help. And they’re learning first-hand that the system wasn’t designed to provide it.

So DeSantis was forced to act. The governor vowed to hire more call-takers and end some of the cumbersome and “perverse” rules lawmakers had put on the program to deny benefits.

Yet Florida is still plagued with stories of citizens unable to even file applications.

Heck, I tried calling the state’s unemployment hotline (1-800-681-8102) five times Tuesday and never got through.

Each time, I was greeted with the same automated message: “All of our phone lines are busy, and we are unable to offer a callback option at this time.”

The line then disconnected.

There was no option to wait on hold. Just: Tough luck, pal.

Really, though, getting the phone answered is just the most basic issue. (Even if Florida can’t handle that.)

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-ne-coronavirus-unemployment-20200402-spthd3ncnrezhnax27n43yufjm-story.html

The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, which runs the state unemployment system, knows there is a problem.

Gov. Ron DeSantis has already streamlined the application process by waiving requirements that ask applicants to submit information on employers they tried to contact for work. A requirement to wait a week before receiving benefits has also been waived. Ken Lawson, DEO’s executive director, is looking for other places to make the program easier to navigate, too.

The agency is hoping to hire 100 more employees to answer calls and process applications across the state. About 50 were expected to join the team soon.

Lawson also recently signed a contract with technical support company Faneuil to add another 250 people to the unemployment call center, many of whom will be tasked with resetting PINs. By the end of this week, at least 50 Faneuil employees were expected to be added to the call center, DEO said.

On the technical side, DEO said it made “significant” enhancements to its CONNECT system, the online portal for filing for unemployment, and added weekend hours to its call center.

And, to ease the stress on the online system, DEO started offering paper applications on Saturday that applicants can download and mail in.

DEO did not respond to a request for comment on how it’s specifically helping impoverished, immigrant or underserved communities access relief.

The system itself dates to former Gov. Rick Scott’s administration. In 2011, Scott introduced sweeping changes to Florida’s unemployment system that slashed benefits from up to $7,150 over 26 weeks — the standard during the recession — to no more than $3,300 over 12 weeks.

The $275 maximum that Floridians can receive a week through unemployment is a cap that hasn’t changed in 22 years.

Scott also moved the applications online instead of on the phone or in person, introducing the $77 million CONNECT site, which was $14 million over budget and behind schedule when it was introduced in 2013. But audits of the program since have found that there are ongoing, persistent issues with the system that have been continuously ignored.

An audit released as recently as last year flagged 17 ongoing issues that have lingered with CONNECT since 2015 — with few changes being addressed.

Speaking about the program during a news conference Wednesday, DeSantis said he was not exactly sure what DEO did or didn’t do in response to the audits but he expects to get a briefing on what happened.

“Hopefully, we can push that in the right direction,” he said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-desantis-second-order-supersedes-local-20200402-ffob5ojpifhlno4cdy6bd3offq-story.html

DeSantis quietly signs second order overruling all local coronavirus orders, including church bans

Gov. Ron DeSantis quietly signed a second order Wednesday evening that forces local governments to follow the state’s shutdown order to the letter, opening the door to an immediate resumption of activities that cities and counties had banned.

But at a news conference Thursday, DeSantis claimed his new order merely “set a floor, and you can’t go below that," adding that if local governments wanted to close a running trail, for example, they could do so.

Even so, Order 20-92, issued late Wednesday to “provide clarity” to DeSantis’ initial mandate, is clear: “This Order shall supersede any conflicting official action or order issued by local officials in response to COVID-19."

Hillsborough County Commission chairman Les Miller was blunt about what he saw as the effect of DeSantis’ decision.

“Our hospitals better get ready, that’s all I’ve got to say,” Miller said.

DeSantis’s original order, which required Floridians to stay at home until April 30, superseded all local government shelter-in-place restrictions. But it allowed local governments to impose or keep their own stricter requirements if they wanted.

One major effect could be that the large religious gatherings banned in many counties by local shutdown orders — and which led to the arrest of a Tampa-area megachurch pastor — might be allowed again.

Feel terrible for all the people trying to navigate just being able to submit an unemployment application. It was designed to fail and now its failing spectacularly.

Also, Desantis got heat for not having the statewide order for stay at home so he signed one then quietly signed another to undermine the one he signed which would allow religious gatherings to happen....
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#1183 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:53 pm

a photo journalist took some pictures around Atlanta yesterday. not all the pictures are bad, people can/should get out and exercise and get some fresh air (wife and i walk the dogs almost every day now instead of just letting them run the yard), but not everyone distancing either.

Read on Twitter
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#1184 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:53 pm

thelead wrote:
tiderulz wrote:so we have the wonderful governor here in GA who just finally heard asymptomatic people can infect others, put a state order in place to shelter, and then over-rode local officials to open beaches.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/despite-coronavirus-concerns-worshippers-gather-at-orlando-church-under-statewide-exemption/ar-BB12czmp?li=BBnb7Kz

Desantis did the same thing but he did so after the signed the first stay at home order that would essentially allow religious gatherings.....why???????
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#1185 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 3:59 pm

Don't forget the lady over the weekend who told reporters as she drove out of a huge church service that she is "covered in the blood of Christ" and thus unconcerned.

I find the difference between Judaism and Christianity when it comes to these things to be very interesting. Jewish thought when it comes to following God's laws is that when it is threatening to your life, it's ok to change for the time being. The idea is you are to live with God's laws, not die by them unnecessarily.

I think the Protestant Christian communities largely avoiding science and reason in these instances unnecessarily stupid. I know it's not all of them, but it's just really bad optics for their faith in other's eyes.

Why help the homeless and poor when you can ignore a viral outbreak to collect money!

On a positive note I imagine Pastor Joel Hunter is actually feeding the homeless and doing his best to show "God's love". Sadly he doesn't get the press coverage he deserves. I am not religious but I grew up going to Northland and he is the best messenger I ever met. Truly a Christ like figure.
thelead wrote:

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app
thelead
RealGM

Post#1186 » by thelead » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:06 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:Don't forget the lady over the weekend who told reporters as she drove out of a huge church service that she is "covered in the blood of Christ" and thus unconcerned.

I find the difference between Judaism and Christianity when it comes to these things to be very interesting. Jewish thought when it comes to following God's laws is that when it is threatening to your life, it's ok to change for the time being. The idea is you are to live with God's laws, not die by them unnecessarily.

I think the Protestant Christian communities largely avoiding science and reason in these instances unnecessarily stupid. I know it's not all of them, but it's just really bad optics for their faith in other's eyes.

Why help the homeless and poor when you can ignore a viral outbreak to collect money!

On a positive note I imagine Pastor Joel Hunter is actually feeding the homeless and doing his best to show "God's love". Sadly he doesn't get the press coverage he deserves. I am not religious but I grew up going to Northland and he is the best messenger I ever met. Truly a Christ like figure.
thelead wrote:

As a Christian, I would say that most super-religious Christians just ignore science. I don't know if it's the teachings that make you want to bend science for your beliefs or just ignorance but there is a severe lack of respect for science in Christianity as a whole.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1187 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:08 pm

My former head chef is in this spot. Worked 14 years at the same place. Finally got out and was turning a small business' kitchen operation around. It was like a water park/daytime resort around lake Nona. Covid came and the owner just laid him off. He's a chef, he can't just go work at another kitchen when all restaurants are pretty much shuttered. He filed on the 22nd and still has no word. He's got a family to support. Hopefully as a state we change our priorities at least somewhat moving forward.
Optimus_Steel wrote:A round up of issues affecting Florida"

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-health-coronavirus-florida-unemployment-insurance-20200320-btwwgumusrha3hzwxvk7bsdlre-story.html

The thinner state safety net is the result of changes made in 2011 under former Republican Gov. Rick Scott in response to lobbying from some of the state’s biggest businesses, who wanted to cut the taxes they were paying to finance jobless benefits. Those changes further weakened what national experts say was already an exceptionally poor state unemployment program for workers.

Florida, for example, caps benefits payments at $275 per week — a ceiling that hasn’t been raised in 22 years.

“We’re starting off this crisis with the worst unemployment system in the country,” said state Sen. Jose Javier Rodriguez, D-Miami.

“That’s not really insurance,” said Chris O’Leary, a senior economist at the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in Michigan.

Florida’s unemployment insurance system works very well for one group, though: Businesses.

Businesses in Florida now pay an average annual unemployment insurance tax of $50 per employee, according to the Labor Department. That’s by far the lowest in the country — and less than one-fifth of the national average ($277 per employee).

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-op-florida-unemployment-bad-system-rick-scott-maxwell-20200324-hjjrkgbdpjgphizhcx56rhx7a4-story.html

Because suddenly, hordes of desperate Floridians — many of whom have worked hard their whole lives — need help. And they’re learning first-hand that the system wasn’t designed to provide it.

So DeSantis was forced to act. The governor vowed to hire more call-takers and end some of the cumbersome and “perverse” rules lawmakers had put on the program to deny benefits.

Yet Florida is still plagued with stories of citizens unable to even file applications.

Heck, I tried calling the state’s unemployment hotline (1-800-681-8102) five times Tuesday and never got through.

Each time, I was greeted with the same automated message: “All of our phone lines are busy, and we are unable to offer a callback option at this time.”

The line then disconnected.

There was no option to wait on hold. Just: Tough luck, pal.

Really, though, getting the phone answered is just the most basic issue. (Even if Florida can’t handle that.)

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/jobs-economy/os-ne-coronavirus-unemployment-20200402-spthd3ncnrezhnax27n43yufjm-story.html

The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, which runs the state unemployment system, knows there is a problem.

Gov. Ron DeSantis has already streamlined the application process by waiving requirements that ask applicants to submit information on employers they tried to contact for work. A requirement to wait a week before receiving benefits has also been waived. Ken Lawson, DEO’s executive director, is looking for other places to make the program easier to navigate, too.

The agency is hoping to hire 100 more employees to answer calls and process applications across the state. About 50 were expected to join the team soon.

Lawson also recently signed a contract with technical support company Faneuil to add another 250 people to the unemployment call center, many of whom will be tasked with resetting PINs. By the end of this week, at least 50 Faneuil employees were expected to be added to the call center, DEO said.

On the technical side, DEO said it made “significant” enhancements to its CONNECT system, the online portal for filing for unemployment, and added weekend hours to its call center.

And, to ease the stress on the online system, DEO started offering paper applications on Saturday that applicants can download and mail in.

DEO did not respond to a request for comment on how it’s specifically helping impoverished, immigrant or underserved communities access relief.

The system itself dates to former Gov. Rick Scott’s administration. In 2011, Scott introduced sweeping changes to Florida’s unemployment system that slashed benefits from up to $7,150 over 26 weeks — the standard during the recession — to no more than $3,300 over 12 weeks.

The $275 maximum that Floridians can receive a week through unemployment is a cap that hasn’t changed in 22 years.

Scott also moved the applications online instead of on the phone or in person, introducing the $77 million CONNECT site, which was $14 million over budget and behind schedule when it was introduced in 2013. But audits of the program since have found that there are ongoing, persistent issues with the system that have been continuously ignored.

An audit released as recently as last year flagged 17 ongoing issues that have lingered with CONNECT since 2015 — with few changes being addressed.

Speaking about the program during a news conference Wednesday, DeSantis said he was not exactly sure what DEO did or didn’t do in response to the audits but he expects to get a briefing on what happened.

“Hopefully, we can push that in the right direction,” he said.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coronavirus/os-ne-coronavirus-desantis-second-order-supersedes-local-20200402-ffob5ojpifhlno4cdy6bd3offq-story.html

DeSantis quietly signs second order overruling all local coronavirus orders, including church bans

Gov. Ron DeSantis quietly signed a second order Wednesday evening that forces local governments to follow the state’s shutdown order to the letter, opening the door to an immediate resumption of activities that cities and counties had banned.

But at a news conference Thursday, DeSantis claimed his new order merely “set a floor, and you can’t go below that," adding that if local governments wanted to close a running trail, for example, they could do so.

Even so, Order 20-92, issued late Wednesday to “provide clarity” to DeSantis’ initial mandate, is clear: “This Order shall supersede any conflicting official action or order issued by local officials in response to COVID-19."

Hillsborough County Commission chairman Les Miller was blunt about what he saw as the effect of DeSantis’ decision.

“Our hospitals better get ready, that’s all I’ve got to say,” Miller said.

DeSantis’s original order, which required Floridians to stay at home until April 30, superseded all local government shelter-in-place restrictions. But it allowed local governments to impose or keep their own stricter requirements if they wanted.

One major effect could be that the large religious gatherings banned in many counties by local shutdown orders — and which led to the arrest of a Tampa-area megachurch pastor — might be allowed again.

Feel terrible for all the people trying to navigate just being able to submit an unemployment application. It was designed to fail and not its failing spectacularly.

Also, Desantis got heat for not having the statewide order for stay at home so he signed one then quietly signed another to undermine the one he signed which would allow religious gatherings to happen....

Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#1188 » by Def Swami » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:13 pm

thelead wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
tiderulz wrote:but...there have been deaths in areas and also initially, that people were not tested after the fact. so they might have died specifically for one reason, but likely due to having the virus.

Agree, patients dying before they get tested aren't necessarily getting "counted", but based on the history, exam, and signs and symptoms, they probably have COVID.

However, I learned yesterday, that the medical examiners in my area are taking a lot of these cases and testing them after the fact for epidemiological purposes.

Would love to know if the ESPN reporter that died had it back in December. It would tell us if this is even more widespread than we thought:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2020/01/16/late-espn-reporter-ed-aschoff-stage-4-non-hodgkins-lymphoma/4488129002/

Honestly, thought the same thing myself. I believe, they found that he had some underlying condition that was unknown. But it was really unusual for a young guy like that to do so poorly with what was initially thought of as pneumonia.
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1189 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 4:13 pm

I spent a few years in Presbyterian schools growing up in Orlando. Orangewood and Geneva school. Geneva was the best curriculum ever. But there is definately an anti science sentiment in the Protestant community. It turned me off. My mom is one of those types that uses Jesus as an answer to everything and it doesn't seem very informed or beneficial to her. It's a mixed bag like any religious community. Props to you for seeing the problem within your own in group.
thelead wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:Don't forget the lady over the weekend who told reporters as she drove out of a huge church service that she is "covered in the blood of Christ" and thus unconcerned.

thelead wrote:

As a Christian, I would say that most super-religious Christians just ignore science. I don't know if it's the teachings that make you want to bend science for your beliefs or just ignorance but there is a severe lack of respect for science in Christianity as a whole.

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#1190 » by OrlChamps2030 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:30 pm

Did anyone else see this going around twitter? She was cult-like in her following of 45.. and it cost her life. I feel for her children

thelead
RealGM

Post#1191 » by thelead » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:50 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:Did anyone else see this going around twitter? She was cult-like in her following of 45.. and it cost her life. I feel for her children

Not sure if true but viruses don't give a F what political party you belong to.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#1192 » by NEM » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:53 pm

Been a long time since I’ve posted on here, and it looks like this thread has turned into a religious debate lol, those are always fun.

Anyways, wanted to check in on everyone and make sure you all are staying safe through this madness.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#1193 » by Skin » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:33 pm

thelead wrote:

thelead wrote:

Is the Church of Scientology the way to go then?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1194 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:48 pm

Turns out I was never even sick! I gotta praise someone! Seriously though my respiratory panel came back negative. So absolutely nothing knocked me out for a week. I'm gonna take one of those antibody tests when they come around. I think I got a false negative. Back to work this week though! Hope your well also.
NEM wrote:Been a long time since I’ve posted on here, and it looks like this thread has turned into a religious debate lol, those are always fun.

Anyways, wanted to check in on everyone and make sure you all are staying safe through this madness.

Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#1195 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:55 pm

thelead wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:Did anyone else see this going around twitter? She was cult-like in her following of 45.. and it cost her life. I feel for her children

Not sure if true but viruses don't give a F what political party you belong to.

Viruses also don't care what religion you are.
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#1196 » by spinedoc » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:57 pm

thelead wrote:

thelead wrote:

Our country was founded on a group of people who's religion was too radical for Europe at the time, and we've had to drag them through history all the way up until now. Faith may be good for the soul, but facts are better for your head. :wink:
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#1197 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:00 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:Turns out I was never even sick! I gotta praise someone! Seriously though my respiratory panel came back negative. So absolutely nothing knocked me out for a week. I'm gonna take one of those antibody tests when they come around. I think I got a false negative. Back to work this week though! Hope your well also.
NEM wrote:Been a long time since I’ve posted on here, and it looks like this thread has turned into a religious debate lol, those are always fun.

glad to hear you are doing better.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1198 » by nymets1 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:46 pm

tiderulz wrote:
nymets1 wrote:Last night's numbers as of 9pm from bing.com/covid

USA-310,016 confirmed cases( +31,169 increase), Recoveries-14,607(+2339), Deaths- 8438(+1057 increase)
Florida- 11,545 confirmed cases( +1277 increase)
California- 12,838 confirmed cases(+2137 increase)
Georgia- 6383 confirmed cases( +416 increase), (Keep an eye on Georgia)
Illinois- 10,357 confirmed cases(+1453 increase)
Louisana- 12,496 confirmed cases(+2199 increase)
Massachussets- 11,736 confirmed cases( +1334 increase)
Michigan- 14, 225 confirmed cases( +1481 increase)
New Jersey- 34,124 confirmed cases(+4185 increase)
New York- 113,704 confirmed cases(+9249 increase) , Recoveries, 10,478(+1592 increase)
Pennsylvania-10,017 confirmed cases(+1597 increase)
Texas-6110 confirmed cases( +780 increase), (Keep an eye on Texas)
Washington- 7784 confirmed cases( +417 increase), (Keep an eye on Washington)

South Korea- 3654 active cases
Italy-124,632 confirmed cases( +3567 increase), Recoveries- 20,996(+1238 increase)
Spain- 126,168 confirmed cases( +3263 increase), Recoveries- 34,219(+3706)

1. Georgia, Texas and Washington now have 3 consecutive days(Thursday, Friday,Saturday) of low confirmed cases each day.
2. Unfortunately the other top 9 are still doing bad(Florida,California, Illinois, Louisana, Mass, Michigan,New Jersey,New York and Penn).
3. New York has almost all the recoveries in the USA with 10,478 out of 14,607.
4. Now following Connecticut as of right now- 5276 confirmed cases. It's a small state and I heard their peak is a month away.

Today's numbers as of 7:30 pm from bing.com/covid

USA-336,537 confirmed cases(+24,782 increase), Recoveries-17,376(+2943 increase), Deaths- 9611(+1204 increase)
Florida- 12,350 confirmed cases( +805 increase), 0 recoveries, (keep an eye on Florida)
California- 13,438 confirmed cases(+2137 increase)
Georgia- 6742 confirmed cases( +582 increase), (Keep an eye on Georgia)
Illinois- 11,256 confirmed cases( +899 increase)
Louisana- 13,010 confirmed cases(+514 increase), (keep an eye on Lousiana)
Mass- 12,500 confirmed cases(+764 increase), 3218 recoveries (Keep an eye on Mass)
Michigan- 14,225 confirmed cases( Same as last night)
New Jersey- 37,505 confirmed cases( +3365 increase)
New York- 122,031 confirmed cases( +6618 increase)
Penn- 11,510 confirmed cases( +1493 increase)
Texas- 6685 confirmed cases( +702 increase), (keep an eye on Texas)
Washington- 8518 confirmed cases( +760 increase), (keep an eye on Washington)

South Korea- 3591 active cases
Italy- 128,948 confirmed cases( +3497 increase), Recoveries- 21,815(+819 increase)
Spain- 131, 646 confirmed cases( +1617 increase), Recoveries- 38,080(+3861 increase)
Germany- 100,123 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 25,280, Active cases- 73,259

1. Georgia, Texas and Washington now have 4 consecutive days(Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun) of low confirmed cases each day.
2. Florida, Lousiana and Massachussets kept their increase in new confirmed cases under 1000 today. Is it because we are on the weekend and something about there are less tests/ less workers? No because today California increased by 2137 cases, New Jersey by 3365 increase, New York well over 5000 increase and even Pennsylvania increased over 1000 cases. So we'll find out by the end of Monday what Florida, Louisana and Massachussets show by their increase in confirmed cases.

3. New York has most of the recoveries in the USA with 12,187 out of 17,394
4. Spain is really good at their recoveries per day, Another almost 4000 recoveries today, Spain has now had 4 consecutive days of/at around 4000 recoveries per day.
5. To me it appears the country we should be idolizing the most with this coronavirus is SPAIN especially their large recoveries these past 4 days. Italy is the 2nd country we look at, followed by South Korea.
6. USA is catching up to Italy with recoveries- USA- 17,394 recoveries VS Italy- 21,815 recoveries
7. Now tracking Germany OMG I slept on Germany on the leaderboard but I now I see they hit 100,000 confirmed cases.
8. USA recoveries will catch Germany soon. USA- 17,394 recoveries vs Germany- 25,280 recoveries

what does it mean by "Keep an eye on (state)"

as for the "idolizing". i dont think they are doing anything special, they just had more people sick. Doesnt a virus either kill a person or burn itself off? so with the large amount of people sick, they will start to recover. So a large amount of people recovering doesnt mean they are doing anything special, except keeping them alive during the virus.

"Keep an eye on state" means keep an eye on their increase in confirmed cases for today and the following days ahead. Maybe "idolozing" wasn't the best word to use. The top countries we definelty follow and try to learn from is Italy, Spain, South Korea and now Germany. I'm not sure about China because they lied and are hiding their numbers. "Recovered" means a person who has the caught the virus, is now cleared from the coronavirus. There's a difference between recovering and recovered. Recovering is someone is trying to get over the virus but they still carry it. Recovered means they are now cleared from the virus and are now immune.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1199 » by Gomagic44 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:18 pm

Thank you.
tiderulz wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:Turns out I was never even sick! I gotta praise someone! Seriously though my respiratory panel came back negative. So absolutely nothing knocked me out for a week. I'm gonna take one of those antibody tests when they come around. I think I got a false negative. Back to work this week though! Hope your well also.

glad to hear you are doing better.

BballIsLife11
Sophomore
And1: 85

Post#1200 » by BballIsLife11 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 10:10 pm

nymets1 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
nymets1 wrote:Last night's numbers as of 9pm from bing.com/covid

USA-310,016 confirmed cases( +31,169 increase), Recoveries-14,607(+2339), Deaths- 8438(+1057 increase)
Florida- 11,545 confirmed cases( +1277 increase)
California- 12,838 confirmed cases(+2137 increase)
Georgia- 6383 confirmed cases( +416 increase), (Keep an eye on Georgia)
Illinois- 10,357 confirmed cases(+1453 increase)
Louisana- 12,496 confirmed cases(+2199 increase)
Massachussets- 11,736 confirmed cases( +1334 increase)
Michigan- 14, 225 confirmed cases( +1481 increase)
New Jersey- 34,124 confirmed cases(+4185 increase)
New York- 113,704 confirmed cases(+9249 increase) , Recoveries, 10,478(+1592 increase)
Pennsylvania-10,017 confirmed cases(+1597 increase)
Texas-6110 confirmed cases( +780 increase), (Keep an eye on Texas)
Washington- 7784 confirmed cases( +417 increase), (Keep an eye on Washington)

South Korea- 3654 active cases
Italy-124,632 confirmed cases( +3567 increase), Recoveries- 20,996(+1238 increase)
Spain- 126,168 confirmed cases( +3263 increase), Recoveries- 34,219(+3706)

1. Georgia, Texas and Washington now have 3 consecutive days(Thursday, Friday,Saturday) of low confirmed cases each day.
2. Unfortunately the other top 9 are still doing bad(Florida,California, Illinois, Louisana, Mass, Michigan,New Jersey,New York and Penn).
3. New York has almost all the recoveries in the USA with 10,478 out of 14,607.
4. Now following Connecticut as of right now- 5276 confirmed cases. It's a small state and I heard their peak is a month away.

Today's numbers as of 7:30 pm from bing.com/covid

USA-336,537 confirmed cases(+24,782 increase), Recoveries-17,376(+2943 increase), Deaths- 9611(+1204 increase)
Florida- 12,350 confirmed cases( +805 increase), 0 recoveries, (keep an eye on Florida)
California- 13,438 confirmed cases(+2137 increase)
Georgia- 6742 confirmed cases( +582 increase), (Keep an eye on Georgia)
Illinois- 11,256 confirmed cases( +899 increase)
Louisana- 13,010 confirmed cases(+514 increase), (keep an eye on Lousiana)
Mass- 12,500 confirmed cases(+764 increase), 3218 recoveries (Keep an eye on Mass)
Michigan- 14,225 confirmed cases( Same as last night)
New Jersey- 37,505 confirmed cases( +3365 increase)
New York- 122,031 confirmed cases( +6618 increase)
Penn- 11,510 confirmed cases( +1493 increase)
Texas- 6685 confirmed cases( +702 increase), (keep an eye on Texas)
Washington- 8518 confirmed cases( +760 increase), (keep an eye on Washington)

South Korea- 3591 active cases
Italy- 128,948 confirmed cases( +3497 increase), Recoveries- 21,815(+819 increase)
Spain- 131, 646 confirmed cases( +1617 increase), Recoveries- 38,080(+3861 increase)
Germany- 100,123 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 25,280, Active cases- 73,259

1. Georgia, Texas and Washington now have 4 consecutive days(Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun) of low confirmed cases each day.
2. Florida, Lousiana and Massachussets kept their increase in new confirmed cases under 1000 today. Is it because we are on the weekend and something about there are less tests/ less workers? No because today California increased by 2137 cases, New Jersey by 3365 increase, New York well over 5000 increase and even Pennsylvania increased over 1000 cases. So we'll find out by the end of Monday what Florida, Louisana and Massachussets show by their increase in confirmed cases.

3. New York has most of the recoveries in the USA with 12,187 out of 17,394
4. Spain is really good at their recoveries per day, Another almost 4000 recoveries today, Spain has now had 4 consecutive days of/at around 4000 recoveries per day.
5. To me it appears the country we should be idolizing the most with this coronavirus is SPAIN especially their large recoveries these past 4 days. Italy is the 2nd country we look at, followed by South Korea.
6. USA is catching up to Italy with recoveries- USA- 17,394 recoveries VS Italy- 21,815 recoveries
7. Now tracking Germany OMG I slept on Germany on the leaderboard but I now I see they hit 100,000 confirmed cases.
8. USA recoveries will catch Germany soon. USA- 17,394 recoveries vs Germany- 25,280 recoveries

what does it mean by "Keep an eye on (state)"

as for the "idolizing". i dont think they are doing anything special, they just had more people sick. Doesnt a virus either kill a person or burn itself off? so with the large amount of people sick, they will start to recover. So a large amount of people recovering doesnt mean they are doing anything special, except keeping them alive during the virus.

"Keep an eye on state" means keep an eye on their increase in confirmed cases for today and the following days ahead. Maybe "idolozing" wasn't the best word to use. The top countries we definelty follow and try to learn from is Italy, Spain, South Korea and now Germany. I'm not sure about China because they lied and are hiding their numbers. "Recovered" means a person who has the caught the virus, is now cleared from the coronavirus. There's a difference between recovering and recovered. Recovering is someone is trying to get over the virus but they still carry it. Recovered means they are now cleared from the virus and are now immune.

Your nightly posts are legit the only thing worth visiting this thread for. I commend you for that and hope you continue providing them.

Return to Orlando Magic