ImageImageImageImage

Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Re: Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread 

Post#1221 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 7, 2020 7:29 pm

Gomagic44 wrote:I agree with you Tide that he is looking for a way out of this mess. It is also a conflict of interest. But that horse has been beaten to death with no real world consequences for Mr. Trump. It was before my time but I am amazed that President Carter had to put his peanut farm in a blind trust. Compared to the nepotism of this administration it just seems like it's a different country now.

I didn't see the presser last night but I don't think I can avoid the dumpster fire again tonight. I am assuming NY and the northeast is getting over the wave?

Went to Publix yesterday afternoon and it was a ghost town. Half the employees are wearing masks. Half the customers as well. Ironically it was the younger couples mostly wearing the masks. Nearly no senior citizens were wearing masks. Not a single old man wore a mask.

I'm so used to working so much that I'm not used to caring for a 6 month old. This is exhausting lol. I've got a newfound respect for my wife who does this every day. I can't imagine having twins. Those poor souls!

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app

I went to Lowe's on Sunday, picking up an order i made on web. 10 am looked like a 10 am Sunday 4 months ago. parking lot mostly packed, everyone walking around, young, old, maybe saw 5 masks out of 30-35 people. And no Lowe's employees with masks (their choice I would hope, i saw masks on some people at Sams Club). they did have a clear plexiglass at the cashier stand. i was just surprised at how casual it looked.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1222 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 8:31 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Gomagic44 wrote:I agree with you Tide that he is looking for a way out of this mess. It is also a conflict of interest. But that horse has been beaten to death with no real world consequences for Mr. Trump. It was before my time but I am amazed that President Carter had to put his peanut farm in a blind trust. Compared to the nepotism of this administration it just seems like it's a different country now.

I didn't see the presser last night but I don't think I can avoid the dumpster fire again tonight. I am assuming NY and the northeast is getting over the wave?

Went to Publix yesterday afternoon and it was a ghost town. Half the employees are wearing masks. Half the customers as well. Ironically it was the younger couples mostly wearing the masks. Nearly no senior citizens were wearing masks. Not a single old man wore a mask.

I'm so used to working so much that I'm not used to caring for a 6 month old. This is exhausting lol. I've got a newfound respect for my wife who does this every day. I can't imagine having twins. Those poor souls!

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app

I went to Lowe's on Sunday, picking up an order i made on web. 10 am looked like a 10 am Sunday 4 months ago. parking lot mostly packed, everyone walking around, young, old, maybe saw 5 masks out of 30-35 people. And no Lowe's employees with masks (their choice I would hope, i saw masks on some people at Sams Club). they did have a clear plexiglass at the cashier stand. i was just surprised at how casual it looked.

The more upscale grocery store chain, Central Market, here in Texas (like Whole Foods) is now doing “1 in 1 out” greatly limit the number of customers in the store at a time. Also, security guards are there to hand serve you hand sanitizer and clean your shopping cart once you are permitted to enter the store.

There was a long line (with 6 feet intervals between us) of people to get in. It was crazy but nice to see people getting on board with the situation and doing their part. Pretty much everyone was wearing masks or scarfs
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,139

Post#1223 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 8:38 pm

Per worldometers as of 4:37 EST the USA is at 1,690 new deaths today.

The light at the end of the tunnel feels very far away right now.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1224 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 7, 2020 8:45 pm

MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1225 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 8:51 pm

lol, “Dr” Oz? Do you have insights from Ronald McDonald or the Easter Bunny as well?
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#1226 » by spinedoc » Tue Apr 7, 2020 9:03 pm

Dr. Oz was fair. It does hold some promise, but so do others out there that they are currently testing. There is no reason to hype one up over another at this point. Hope is not a plan or a strategy, just a desired outcome. It makes sense if you think about it though. Lupus and arthritis patients are taking it for severe inflammation, the one thing this virus is doing in the lungs. It doesn't attack or effect the virus itself, it apparently stems the inflammatory reaction that cascades in your body. We still don't know enough, and the risk and reward should still be made by a trained professional, along with consultation and agreement with the patient.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1227 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 7, 2020 10:42 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:

lol, “Dr” Oz? Do you have insights from Ronald McDonald or the Easter Bunny as well?

condenscending tone. Yep, MF101 must be speaking.

frank discussion with an emergency room doctor who was prescribed the medicine and is back working. Also talked about the data analytics in use to determine efficacy of the drugs.

but no, lets be an #$%$$ on here. isnt this breaking forum rules or something? tired of your $%#$%
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1228 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 7, 2020 10:42 pm

spinedoc wrote:

Dr. Oz was fair. It does hold some promise, but so do others out there that they are currently testing. There is no reason to hype one up over another at this point. Hope is not a plan or a strategy, just a desired outcome. It makes sense if you think about it though. Lupus and arthritis patients are taking it for severe inflammation, the one thing this virus is doing in the lungs. It doesn't attack or effect the virus itself, it apparently stems the inflammatory reaction that cascades in your body. We still don't know enough, and the risk and reward should still be made by a trained professional, along with consultation and agreement with the patient.

and all i said was interesting segment.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1229 » by spinedoc » Tue Apr 7, 2020 10:52 pm

tiderulz wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

and all i said was interesting segment.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to direct any opinion toward you. I was just thinking out loud after I watched the segment. I think its more of Trump wanting people to take them like tic-tacs that's got me issuing caution. There will be stories that will come of this like the couple and chloroquine phosphate deaths if not careful. :wink:
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1230 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Apr 7, 2020 11:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

frank discussion with an emergency room doctor who was prescribed the medicine and is back working. Also talked about the data analytics in use to determine efficacy of the drugs.

but no, lets be an #$%$$ on here. isnt this breaking forum rules or something? tired of your $%#$%

There is an entire world of credit sources out there. Why give a stage to this clown?
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1231 » by nymets1 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 12:47 am

Last night's numbers as of 7:30pm from bing.com/covid

USA-366,153 confirmed cases(+27,488 increase), Recoveries- 19,522(+2128 increase), Deaths- 10,831(+1220)
Florida- 13,629 confirmed cases(+1279 increase)
California- 15,823 confirmed cases(+2985 increase)
Connecticut- 6906 confirmed cases( +1630 increase), That's a small state to have that many cases
Georgia- 7558 confirmed cases( +816 increase), (Continuing to watch Georgia)
Illinois- 12,262 confirmed cases( +1006 increase)
Louisana- 14,867 confirmed cases(+1857 increase)
Mass- 13,837 confirmed cases(+1337 increase)
Michigan- 17,221 confirmed cases(+2996 increase)
New Jersey- 41,090 confirmed cases(+3585 increase)
New York- 130,689 confirmed cases(+7479 increase)
Penn- 12,980 confirmed cases(+1470 increase)
Texas- 7276 confirmed cases(+464 increase), (Continuing to watch Texas)
Washington- 8519 confirmed cases(+287 increase), (Continuing to watch Washington)

South Korea- 3500 active cases
Italy-132,547 confirmed cases(+2577 increase), Recoveries- 22,837(+1022 increase)
Spain-135,032 confirmed cases(+1029 increase), Recoveries- 40,437(+2357 increase)
Germany- 102,179 confirmed cases(+2056 increase)

1.Georgia, Texas and Washington now with 5 straight days of low increase in new confirmed cases(Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon)
2. Connecticut I just started to follow
3. New York with the most recoveries in the USA with 13,366 out of 18,940
4. Spain is really good with their recoveries after having 4 straight days of/at around 4000 recoveries per day only had 2357 increase today but still a really good number in recoveries today.
5. The countries we look at the most in following the coronavirus(Spain, Italy,Germany, South Korea)
6. USA recoveries is 18,940 vs Italy recoveries is 22,837
7. Germany's recoveries is 25,280

Today's numbers as of 9 pm from bing.com/covid

USA- 397,538 confirmed cases(+29,091 increase), Recoveries- 21,816(+2294), Deaths- 12,846(+2015)
Florida- 14,747 confirmed cases(+1118 increase)
California- 16,363 confirmed cases(+293 increase), Recoveries- 307
Connecticut- 7787 confirmed cases(+875 increase)
Georgia- 9156(+1598 increase)
Illinois- 13,549 confirmed cases(+1287 increase)
Louisana- 16,284 confirmed cases(+1417 increase)
Mass- 15,202 confirmed cases(+1365 increase), Recoveries- 3218
Michigan- 18,970 confirmed cases(+1749 increase)
New Jersey- 44,416 confirmed cases(+3233 increase), Recoveries- 206
New York- 138,863 confirmed cases(+6950 increase), Recoveries- 14,590
Penn- 14,559 confirmed cases(+1579 increase)
Texas- 8262 confirmed cases(+986 increase)
Washington- 8682 confirmed cases(+4 increase) (Keep an eye on Washington)

South Korea- 3445 active cases
Italy- 135,586 confirmed cases(+1484 increase), Recoveries- 24,392(+1555 increase)
Spain- 141,942 confirmed cases(+2496 increase), Recoveries- 43,208(+2771 increase)
Germany- 107,659 confirmed cases, Active cases- 74,210, Recoveries- 31,432(+6152)

1. Georgia and Texas didn't have a good day today after 5 straight days of success but they can still rebound tomorrow. Washington only has 4 new cases today so Washington now has 6 straight days of success.
2. New York with the most recoveries in the USA with 14,590 out of 21,786
3. Today the USA has over 2000 recoveries, That's a good number!
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1232 » by nymets1 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 12:58 am

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA- 400,323 confirmed cases, Recovered- 21,674, Deaths- 12,823
New York- +10,468 increase in new confirmed cases
New Jersey- +3326 increase in new confirmed cases
Michigan- + 1749 increase
California- +1441 increase
Louisana- +1417 increase
Mass- +1365 increase
Penn- +1818 increase
Florida- +1118 increase
Illinois- +1287 increase
Georgia- +1842 increase

Texas- +851 increase
Washington- +356 increase
Connecticut- +875 increase
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#1233 » by Ducklett » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:13 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:So turns out Trump is invested in pharmacuticals that make the miracle drug he keeps hawking on the press conferences....and of course no one will do anything about it. Sickening. Is this country so distracted, easily misled, and beaten down into submission that people aren't willing to stand up and say enough???

Trump’s most recent financial disclosure forms lists holdings in the Dodge & Cox International Fund valued between $1,001 and $15,000. That means Trump holds a maximum stake in the mutual funds of $45,000, giving him an indirect interest in Sanofi of $1,485 at the most.
His “financial interest” in Sanofi, which has a market capitalization of nearly $58 billion, could be as low as $99.10.

Fact-based reporting is actually just dead, isn't it. For the record, his maximum is lower than what I have in my IRA in pharma investment.

You may have noticed that I've stop posting in here. You guys win. I am so tired of finding myself defending the Cheeto in chief because you guys can't see the fact forest through the hate trees.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1234 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:26 am

MagicFan101 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

There is an entire world of credit sources out there. Why give a stage to this clown?

who cares if the information is legitimate.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1235 » by spinedoc » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:48 am

Ducklett wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:So turns out Trump is invested in pharmacuticals that make the miracle drug he keeps hawking on the press conferences....and of course no one will do anything about it. Sickening. Is this country so distracted, easily misled, and beaten down into submission that people aren't willing to stand up and say enough???

Trump’s most recent financial disclosure forms lists holdings in the Dodge & Cox International Fund valued between $1,001 and $15,000. That means Trump holds a maximum stake in the mutual funds of $45,000, giving him an indirect interest in Sanofi of $1,485 at the most.
His “financial interest” in Sanofi, which has a market capitalization of nearly $58 billion, could be as low as $99.10.

Fact-based reporting is actually just dead, isn't it. For the record, his maximum is lower than what I have in my IRA in pharma investment.

You may have noticed that I've stop posting in here. You guys win. I am so tired of finding myself defending the Cheeto in chief because you guys can't see the fact forest through the hate trees.

Okay, let's give you the benefit of the doubt. So, ends up he doesn't own a lot in the company. Is that the only way one gets money in politics? He has people in his ear on this, and Trump still looks conflicted. Here is a clip from an article I've read on the subject.

"Some associates of Mr. Trump’s have financial interests in the issue. Sanofi’s largest shareholders include Fisher Asset Management, the investment company run by Ken Fisher, a major donor to Republicans, including Mr. Trump. A spokesman for Mr. Fisher declined to comment."

That's one direct donor to the Trump campaign and administration. Here is another conflict.

"Another investor in both Sanofi and Mylan, another pharmaceutical firm, is Invesco, the fund previously run by Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary. Mr. Ross said in a statement Monday that he “was not aware that Invesco has any investments in companies producing” the drug, “nor do I have any involvement in the decision to explore this as a treatment.”

Wilbur Ross in Trump's cabinet seems to be more heavily invested. Neither one of Trump or Ross should be invested at all. That's the whole point of divesting to remove any conflict of interest. We've already conceded that Trump has been touting this more based on a political angle, but you can tell that others are chirping in his ear about this as well. Bottom line, the President should not be giving faulty medical advice and muzzling Dr. Fauci from answering questions on it. Hell, Trump shouldn't even be at the briefings every day. That's the problem, they have a political filter to the problem. That's why its going so badly. Its not hate, its just observation. He even made an incorrect statement about the drug saying it didn't have any side effects, that it was the Z-pack that had them. Its weird that he's railing so hard about this one particular drug, when there are many being studied right now.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1236 » by spinedoc » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:13 am

Rhetorical question: Can you be analytical without being critical? I could take Trump supporters a bit more serious if I could see one iota of criticism. I mean, is everything he does always perfect? I don't know how to break this to you, but you may be in a cult. :D
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,940

Post#1237 » by Ducklett » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:18 am

spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Okay, let's give you the benefit of the doubt. So, ends up he doesn't own a lot in the company. Is that the only way one gets money in politics? He has people in his ear on this, and Trump still looks conflicted. Here is a clip from an article I've read on the subject.

"Some associates of Mr. Trump’s have financial interests in the issue. Sanofi’s largest shareholders include Fisher Asset Management, the investment company run by Ken Fisher, a major donor to Republicans, including Mr. Trump. A spokesman for Mr. Fisher declined to comment."

That's one direct donor to the Trump campaign and administration. Here is another conflict.

"Another investor in both Sanofi and Mylan, another pharmaceutical firm, is Invesco, the fund previously run by Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary. Mr. Ross said in a statement Monday that he “was not aware that Invesco has any investments in companies producing” the drug, “nor do I have any involvement in the decision to explore this as a treatment.”

Wilbur Ross in Trump's cabinet seems to be more heavily invested. Neither one of Trump or Ross should be invested at all. That's the whole point of divesting to remove any conflict of interest. We've already conceded that Trump has been touting this more based on a political angle, but you can tell that others are chirping in his ear about this as well. Bottom line, the President should not be giving faulty medical advice and muzzling Dr. Fauci from answering questions on it. Hell, Trump shouldn't even be at the briefings every day. That's the problem, they have a political filter to the problem. That's why its going so badly. Its not hate, its just observation. He even made an incorrect statement about the drug saying it didn't have any side effects, that it was the Z-pack that had them. Its weird that he's railing so hard about this one particular drug, when there are many being studied right now.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

I agree with you that it is weird. The guy is weird from top to bottom, so it isn't out of the norm for him to be laser focused on it. Also, to my understanding, these drugs can cause significant organ damage if you take too much or are on it for too long because it removes zinc from parts of your body to use it for whatever functionality it gives.

If it was just Trump or just Republicans singing the praises of these drugs, I would agree with you. But several other countries and Democrats are ranging from optimistic to telling people to use it more rigorously than Trump has been.

Meanwhile, you got some whistleblowers in Wuhan currently claiming that the Chinese government is "cremating people alive" and you "can hear the screams". If that is true, that is like something out of The Walking Dead.
BballIsLife11
Sophomore
And1: 85

Post#1238 » by BballIsLife11 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:52 am

tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

This thread has me embarrassed being a Magic fan who has visited this site every single day since 2004. Mostly from a select few posters that like to hear themself speak.
And again as a precursor I voted for Obama twice and for Trump. Party affiliation means zero to me, so it’s nothing political or ideological. Just dumb ignorance from posters that I respected, including a former mod, who might be the worst of all.
MagicFan101
RealGM

Post#1239 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:58 am

BballIsLife11 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

This thread has me embarrassed being a Magic fan who has visited this site every single day since 2004. Mostly from a select few posters that like to hear themself speak.
And again as a precursor I voted for Obama twice and for Trump. Party affiliation means zero to me, so it’s nothing political or ideological. Just dumb ignorance from posters that I respected, including a former mod, who might be the worst of all.

You can’t admit to voting for Trump and try to take the moral high ground in the same post. No such world exists kid.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#1240 » by orlando_joe » Wed Apr 8, 2020 9:48 am

BballIsLife11 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:

i feel the same...the tds virus has taken control in here for sure

Return to Orlando Magic