ImageImageImageImage

Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Re: Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread 

Post#1561 » by tiderulz » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Ducklett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
JF5 wrote:
Joe you're not getting it... He's making decisions for the country through a narrow personal view of how he feels rather than objective fact based outliers. Like yesterday he defunded WHO for the reason the organization made him look bad.

Even if you add the supposed political jargon that "China has them in their pocket". You're stopping funding for a group that it's main purpose is to help in the fight of the virus NOW. Also in future instances try to help in fights for other potential severe illnesses that might surface around the world.

If he wants to defund the group do it AFTER this thing blows over. Then, put more focus on the programs that he previously defunded or start a new world health organization. But seeing how he doesn't have hindsight or the ability to think into the future it's unlikely he'll do either of those.

this right here is Trump in a nutshell. he wants the applause and adoration

Are you suggesting no other presidents take pictures with happy/clapping people when signing something?

no. im saying, right, wrong, doing anything at all, that is the #1 thing he wants, people praising him. You can see he is bothered right now not being able to go out on his campaign events and get all the applause from those crazy people
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#1562 » by Ducklett » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:01 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
tiderulz wrote:this right here is Trump in a nutshell. he wants the applause and adoration

Are you suggesting no other presidents take pictures with happy/clapping people when signing something?

no. im saying, right, wrong, doing anything at all, that is the #1 thing he wants, people praising him. You can see he is bothered right now not being able to go out on his campaign events and get all the applause from those crazy people

So how is a comment like this any better than "sleepy Obama" crap people posted earlier...
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1563 » by nymets1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:13 pm

Watching this White house press conference today, This is by far the best press conference since the coronavirus outbreak started in the USA. They mentioned each state has to pass 14 days before entering phase 1, Than have to pass another 14 days to go from phase 1 to 2, Than need to pass another 14 days to go from phase 2 to 3 and finally need to pass another 14 days to go from phase 3 to fully going back to normal pre-coronavirus.

I think we can make a case that Florida has done well enough the past 14 days including today, That we should be allowed to enter phase 1.

Some of these states tomorrow might actually clear all 3 phases and could de declared "fully back to normal" pre-coronavirus
(Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, North Dakoka, South Dakota, Wyoming)

Most states tomorrow should in be at least phase 1 hopefully Florida.

New York and New Jersey are not allowed to enter phase 1.

Pennsylvania, Massachussets, Illinois, California, Michigan I don't think can enter phase 1 tomorrow

Florida, Lousiana, Georgia and Texas I think can enter phase 1 tomorrow

If Florida is in phase 1 tomorrow, We would need 45 straight days with no issue/problem with a rebound to get back to pre-coronavirus. This would be the start of June at the earliest for Florida potentially. It gives Florida and other states plenty of time to get your states under control before football starts in August/September.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#1564 » by spinedoc » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:25 pm

Ducklett wrote:So how is a comment like this any better than "sleepy Obama" crap people posted earlier...

I'm not making any accusations, but it rubs me the wrong way when a black person is ever characterized as lazy or sleepy, not wanting to work. The history of that stereotype is very long and well documented, and it bothers me. Without specific examples, it seems like a low blow. Someone needing attention isn't in the same category for me.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1565 » by spinedoc » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:28 pm

nymets1 wrote:Watching this White house press conference today, This is by far the best press conference since the coronavirus outbreak started in the USA. They mentioned each state has to pass 14 days before entering phase 1, Than have to pass another 14 days to go from phase 1 to 2, Than need to pass another 14 days to go from phase 2 to 3 and finally need to pass another 14 days to go from phase 3 to fully going back to normal pre-coronavirus.

I think we can make a case that Florida has done well enough the past 14 days including today, That we should be allowed to enter phase 1.

Some of these states tomorrow might actually clear all 3 phases and could de declared "fully back to normal" pre-coronavirus
(Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, North Dakoka, South Dakota, Wyoming)

Most states tomorrow should in be at least phase 1 hopefully Florida.

New York and New Jersey are not allowed to enter phase 1.

Pennsylvania, Massachussets, Illinois, California, Michigan I don't think can enter phase 1 tomorrow

Florida, Lousiana and Texas I think can enter phase 1 tomorrow

If Florida is in phase 1 tomorrow, We would need 45 straight days with no issue/problem with a rebound to get back to pre-coronavirus. This would be the start of June at the earliest for Florida potentially. It gives Florida and other states plenty of time to get your states under normal before football starts in August/September.

I agree, it was the best I've seen as well. It was more focused, better tone and temperament. I'm still skeptical of the information, but at least it resembled some sort of a plan.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1566 » by nymets1 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:48 pm

I also remember trump saying normal is Alabama football that holds 100,000 people, that all 100,000 people are in the stands.

Trump also said sports will start out with no fans at 1st, Than he said the stadiums/arena's will have fans by there will be empty seats in between 2 people. Than it go back to selling out every seat in the stadium/arena

Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#1567 » by Ducklett » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:50 pm

spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:So how is a comment like this any better than "sleepy Obama" crap people posted earlier...

I'm not making any accusations, but it rubs me the wrong way when a black person is ever characterized as lazy or sleepy, not wanting to work. The history of that stereotype is very long and well documented, and it bothers me. Without specific examples, it seems like a low blow. Someone needing attention isn't in the same category for me.

Isn't ad hom just ad hom. Because you like one guy and don't like the other, one is okay and the other is racism...
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1568 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:01 am

Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

Isn't ad hom just ad hom. Because you like one guy and don't like the other, one is okay and the other is racism...

No, I don't believe so. I'm very reluctant to question someone's motivation like that though. I may make broader conclusions on groups sometimes, but don't like to label anyone individually. I wouldn't have said anything, but you did ask if there was a difference, and I see a difference. :wink:
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#1569 » by orlando_joe » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:08 am

tiderulz wrote:
JF5 wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:sorry but if him putting his name on check makes you all this upset...i have 1 word..pathetic

Joe you're not getting it... He's making decisions for the country through a narrow personal view of how he feels rather than objective fact based outliers. Like yesterday he defunded WHO for the reason the organization made him look bad.

Even if you add the supposed political jargon that "China has them in their pocket". You're stopping funding for a group that it's main purpose is to help in the fight of the virus NOW. Also in future instances try to help in fights for other potential severe illnesses that might surface around the world.

If he wants to defund the group do it AFTER this thing blows over. Then, put more focus on the programs that he previously defunded or start a new world health organization. But seeing how he doesn't have hindsight or the ability to think into the future it's unlikely he'll do either of those.

this right here is Trump in a nutshell. he wants the applause and adoration

lol..weak..every president is like that...come on
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#1570 » by orlando_joe » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:15 am

spinedoc wrote:

dude please dont go to that...honest to god that never crossed my mind...i cant believe i just read that..now it makes me wonder is that your problem with trump? man i hope not..honest...wow...just wow..i am done for a bit on here...i am sad
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1571 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:20 am

orlando_joe wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

dude please dont go to that...honest to god that never crossed my mind...i cant believe i just read that..now it makes me wonder is that your problem with trump? man i hope not..honest...wow...just wow..i am done for a bit on here...i am sad

I made it clear that I'm not accusing you of anything. I don't know you're heart. Really, I don't want to put you in that position, but it is a historic racial trope. Hopefully now you know, but I don't like putting that burden on someone. Its not my intent to be mean, I was just trying to clarify for Ducklett. Look, we disagree very much on things, but I am not calling you a racist. I wouldn't do that, okay?
Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#1572 » by Ducklett » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:27 am

spinedoc wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

I made it clear that I'm not accusing you of anything. I don't know you're heart. Really, I don't want to put you in that position, but it is a historic racial trope. Hopefully now you know, but I don't like putting that burden on someone. Its not my intent to be mean, I was just trying to clarify for Ducklett. Look, we disagree very much on things, but I am not calling you a racist. I wouldn't do that, okay?

Again, I don't get why you be okay with ad hom against Trump but not against Obama, even if it wasn't racism. Either its all bad or its all okay.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1573 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:33 am

Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:dude please dont go to that...honest to god that never crossed my mind...i cant believe i just read that..now it makes me wonder is that your problem with trump? man i hope not..honest...wow...just wow..i am done for a bit on here...i am sad

Again, I don't get why you be okay with ad hom against Trump but not against Obama, even if it wasn't racism. Either its all bad or its all okay.

I'm sorry, but life is not that binary. Do you watch baseball? Usually there is a word that will get you thrown out very quickly, starts with a "C". You can kick dirt on the ump, rant and rave, throw a base even, but if you say that word its over. I'm sure there are lines that would get me decked in the bar and vice versa. I bet you have yours, just as I have mine. I really didn't mean to cast dispersions like that, but there should be a lesson if you use certain terms that you don't know the history of. That's all I was trying to point out, but if you want to learn more, just google it. Its definitely there.
nymets1
Head Coach

Post#1574 » by nymets1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:11 am

Last night's numbers as of 9:30 pm from bing.com/covid

USA-641,919 confirmed cases(+25,379), Recoveries- 52,196(+4160), Deaths- 28,399(+2450)
New York- 213,779 confirmed cases(+10,330 increase), Recoveries- 27,598(+819 increase)
New Jersey- 71,030 confirmed cases(+2206 increase)
Mass- 29,918 confirmed cases(+1755 increase)
Michigan- 28,059 confirmed cases(+630 increase)
California- 26,665 confirmed cases(+1169 increase)
Pennsylvania- 26,490 confirmed cases(+2291 increase)
Illinois- 24,593 confirmed cases(+1346 increase)
Florida- 22,519 confirmed cases(+891 increase)
Louisana- 21,951 confirmed cases(+935 increase)
Texas- 15,492 confirmed cases, Active cases- 11,978
Georgia- 15,260 confirmed cases(+1037 increase)
Connecticut- 14,755 confirmed cases(+766 increase)
Washington- 11,154 confirmed cases(+616 increase)
Maryland- 10,032 confirmed cases(+560 increase)

Spain- 180,659 confirmed cases(+3250 increase), Recoveries- 70,853(+3349 increase)
Italy- 165, 155 confirmed cases(+1705 increase), Recoveries- 38,092(+962 increase)
France- 147,863 confirmed cases(+2410 increase), Recoveries- 30,955(+2150 increase)
Germany- 134,753 confirmed cases, Active cases- 45,875, Recoveries- 85,074(+5323 increase)
UK- 98,476 confirmed cases(+4603 increase), Recoveries- 1918

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA-644,089 confirmed cases, Recovered- 48,701, Deaths- 28,529
New York- 214,648 confirmed cases
New Jersey- 71,030 confirmed cases
Mass- 29,918 confirmed cases
Michigan-28,059 confirmed cases
California- 26,838 confirmed cases
Penn- 26,753 confirmed cases
Illinois- 24,593 confirmed cases
Florida- 22,519 confirmed cases
Louisana- 21,951 confirmed cases
Texas- 16,009 confirmed cases
Georgia- 15,260 confirmed cases
Connecticut- 14,755 confirmed cases
Washington- 10,910 confirmed cases
Maryland- 10,032 confirmed cases

1. Both Bing and Worldometers show Florida with 22,519 confirmed cases(+891 increase). Florida now has 2 straight days of new confirmed cases under 1000 for each day.
2. Germany had over 5000 recoveries today
3. USA again with back to back days with recoveries of 4000+ each day
4. New Jersey is less than 30,000 away from potentially reaching 100,000 confirmed cases
5. Both Bing and Worldometers have Louisana with 21,951 confirmed cases, Louisana had a increase of 935 new cases and kept it under 1000 so Louisana now has 5 straight days of low increase in confirmed cases/ keeping their new cases under 1000 for the day.
6. Washington is now 13 straight days of low increase in new confirmed cases, Thursday is approaching 2 full weeks.
7. Texas now 4 straight days of low increase in new confirmed cases
8. This is my 2nd day tracking Maryland as they now have reached over 10,000 confirmed cases with 10,302
9. This is my 2nd day tracking United Kingdom as they approaching 100,000 cases, Now have 98,476 and they'll over 100,000 Thursday
10. I might be adding Indiana and Colorado soon as they might be reaching 9000 and 10,000 soon.
11. USA needs to keep working on these recoveries each day. USA has more recoveries than France and Italy but Spain and Germany have more recoveries than the USA. Figure out what Spain and Germany is doing because them 2 are the top 2 leaders in recoveries. Work each day on recoveries and let's try to catch Spain or Germany with their recovery number.

Today's numbers as of 9pm from bing.com/covid

USA- 672,931 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 54,594(+2607 increase), Deaths- 34,386(+6032 increase)
New York- 222,284 confirmed cases(+8505 increase)
New Jersey- 75,317 confirmed cases(+3713 increase)
Mass- 32,181 confirmed cases(+1177 increase)
Michigan- 29,263 confirmed cases(+1204 increase)
Penn- 27,735 confirmed cases(+1245 increase)
California- 27,634 confirmed cases(+969 increase)
Illinois- 27,733 confirmed cases(+1140 increase)
Florida- 23,340 confirmed cases(+829 increase), Recoveries- 1116
Lousisana- 22,532 confirmed cases(+1014 increase)
Texas- 16,435 confirmed cases(+436 increase)
Georgia- 16,368 confirmed cases (+1381 increase)
Connecticut- 15,884 confirmed cases(+1129 increase)
Washington- 11,154 confirmed cases, Active cases- 9236
Maryland- 10,784 confirmed cases(+623 increase)
Indiana- 9542 confirmed cases(+587 increase), Newly tracked

Spain-184,948 confirmed cases(+345 increase), Recoveries- 74,797(+3944 increase)
Italy- 168,941 confirmed cases(+1714 increase), Recoveries- 40,164(+2072 increase)
Germany- 138,230 confirmed cases(+1051 increase), Recoveries- 87,500(+2426 increase)
France- 108,847 confirmed cases(+784 increase), Recoveries- 32,812(+1857 increase)
United Kingdom- 103,093 confirmed cases(+4617), Recoveries- 1918

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA- 677,407 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 57,508, Deaths- 34,605
New York- 226,198 cc(+7636 increase)
New Jersey- 75,317 cc(+4287 increase)
Mass- 32,181 cc(+2263 increase)
Michigan- 29,263 cc(+1204 increase)
Penn- 27,735 cc(+982 increase)
California- 27,575 cc(+737 increase)
Illinois- 25,733 cc(+1140 increase)
Florida- 23,340 cc(+821 increase)
Louisana- 22,582 cc(+581 increase)
Texas- 16,638 cc(+629 increase)
Georgia- 16,368 cc(+1108 increase)
Connecticut- 15,884 cc(+1129 increase)
Washington- 11,034 cc(+124 increase)
Maryland- 10,784 cc(+752 increase)
Indiana- 9542 cc(+587 increase)

1. Both bing and worldometers show Florida with 23,340 confirmed cases with +821 increase. This marks the 3rd straight day Florida has kept the increase in confirmed cases under 1000
2. Spain had a near 4000 recoveries today and only had a increase of 345 new cases today
3. worldometers is showing a higher recovered number for the USA today than bing. If worldometers is correct, USA has over 3000 recoveries today
4. New Jersey is less than 25,000 away from potentially reaching 100,000 cases
5. Louisana has 6 straights now under 1000 new confirmed cases each day
6. Washington has now hit 2 full weeks of low increase in confirmed cases. That's like catching the virus and have recovered from it
7. Texas now with 5 straight days of low increase in confirmed cases
8. Newly tracked Indiana had an increase of 587 confirmed cases today. Repeat that number tomorrow and Indiana will be at 100,000 confirmed cases
9. Learn from other countries especially Spain who has the best now at lowest increase in confirmed cases in a day and recoveries per day. Spain is the country we should be following the most and trying to learn from.

Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#1575 » by Ducklett » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:15 am

spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

I'm sorry, but life is not that binary. Do you watch baseball? Usually there is a word that will get you thrown out very quickly, starts with a "C". You can kick dirt on the ump, rant and rave, throw a base even, but if you say that word its over. I'm sure there are lines that would get me decked in the bar and vice versa. I bet you have yours, just as I have mine. I really didn't mean to cast dispersions like that, but there should be a lesson if you use certain terms that you don't know the history of. That's all I was trying to point out, but if you want to learn more, just google it. Its definitely there.

You would deck someone at the bar over an insult about someone you don't know? I am so confused.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1576 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:22 am

Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

You would deck someone at the bar over an insult about someone you don't know? I am so confused.

Maybe one day we could go to the bar and I will explain to you about lines you don't cross about one's manhood and racial tropes, and maybe things you are not allowed to say about girlfriends and mothers too. Don't worry, I won't hit you. :lol:
Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#1577 » by Ducklett » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:28 am

spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

Maybe one day we could go to the bar and I will explain to you about lines you don't cross about one's manhood and racial tropes, and maybe things you are not allowed to say about girlfriends and mothers too. Don't worry, I won't hit you. :lol:

I mean of course you don't say something racist, sexist, homo/transphobic, and the like. Is that really even a question we need to debate? But becoming violent because someone said some person neither of us know is lazy? That seems totally insane man.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1578 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:35 am

Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

I mean of course you don't say something racist, sexist, homo/transphobic, and the like. Is that really even a question we need to debate? But becoming violent because someone said some person neither of us know is lazy? That seems totally insane man.

It's not my fault that the two of you don't know that is a racial trope, okay? You asked what the difference was, I told you, and now you don't want to believe me or do the research. I don't know what else to tell you man.
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#1579 » by Gomagic44 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:35 am

I think he is saying that there is cultural context to certain phrases. While it's completely legal to say nasty things, or racist things...there are consequences that you can't predict. I think it's stupid when people physically assault another person because of words. But nevertheless, it exists. I don't know enough about spine doc to know what his sensitivies may be, but we all have them.

I would also like to. Shout out thanks to tide and spinedoc for that informative exchange. Tide I agree with you that we have domestic needs for the money that we shell out to foreign countries and organizations. For me, WHO would be behind the money we throw at Israel, Pakistan and other countries. My taxes should support my compatriots and my country. I also think we spend insanely too much money on defense. And yet our vets are neglected.

I would agree with spinedoc that now is not the time for that action. That can be done after things clear up a bit.

To the Portuguese magic bro, that's very humble of your government and political parties to work in unison. I think that is a sentiment many of us here have espoused. Health over politics. But we are too divided and poorly led to accomplish that. At least in Florida we have not been led properly by the President or the Governor.

Many in the Republican party seem to value money over safety. It's not a position I would want to be in but our leaders should protect our physical welfare first and foremost. Isn't that why we spend the boatloads of money on defense? But there are diminishing returns for being proactive trying to stem this virus. If you do the most you can do, you'll have the least amount of results to show for it. Because the less people die, the more people will scream about reopening and after that how it was never a big deal and got blown out of proportion. But if you don't act in a timely manner, many people will die.
Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app
Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#1580 » by Ducklett » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:04 am

spinedoc wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

It's not my fault that the two of you don't know that is a racial trope, okay? You asked what the difference was, I told you, and now you don't want to believe me or do the research. I don't know what else to tell you man.

What are you talking about? I just said no one should say racist stuff and you have gone on about fighting people in a bar. Yes, if you push a racist stereotype about certain races being lazy, just like some races have small dicks or some races have no souls etc. What does that have to do with getting ad hom insults about Trump or anyone else out of this thread?

Return to Orlando Magic