ImageImageImageImage

Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,683

Re: Shams: The season is suspended / Coronavirus Thread 

Post#1601 » by basketballRob » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Hopefully we don't have anymore attacks on Hispanics going to Walmart or the media. I feel like we're on the cusp of some violent outbreaks.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#1602 » by spinedoc » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:35 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Just wanna put this here.. to us non-American Magic fans, this thread sure is/was entertaining and informative about USA politics. I just thought that maybe this has more corona/chinese/covid/bat/wuhan-virus info and how it is influencing Magic fan's lives and responses to it.

But hey, I'm glad to know what Trump/Hillary/Obama/Biden/etc did or is doing as well.

Seriously guys, I thought all these politics were to be put in the CA board. I'd rather read conspiracy theories about this virus rather than rep are low-income Alabama-style humping rednecks and dems are snowflake changing their 76-genders while drinking overpriced starbucks. I get that Trump will always be included in whatever responses to this virus is, but can we tone it down a little? I wanted to see updates on Driguez and gomagic and whoever else might have.

Any chance people can promote their personal narrative, they throw it out there incessantly. I am sure if the cards would flip and the opposite person was in office and did the exact same things, those people would be definding that person That is just the hypocrisy of picking sides and defending them as loudly as possible.

No, that's not it. Its what you like to believe because Trump is being criticized. So, you make it out to be about other presidents obviously not in charge at the moment. Well, your guy would have done much worse. That's the devolution of this thread. How can we not have criticism of the current administration making all the decisions that effect our lives so greatly in the moment? We've covered many angles to this thing already. Right now we are currently looking at over 30K dead, projected to be more than double that in a month, 22M people out of work in three weeks, food lines as far as the eye can see, Drs and nurses still not getting the protective equipment they need, no data collection of testing, people left to figure their future out on their own with practically zero data to do that with, no idea when we can go back to work and make a living, and a group of sycophants willing to say anything to please the boss. I'm not sorry for talking politics given those parameters. In America, especially now, politics is involved in everything in our country. If you came to this thread thinking that a global pandemic, knowing the state of our dysfunctional political system, we would only be about the virus itself? Well, you should have expected to be disappointed. I'm going to criticize when I see a need for it, and I'm not going to let any misinformation take place on my watch, no matter what the subject. I'll try to veer back to germane topics, but I can't promise to not mention the clear dysfunction that is happening around me perpetrated by an obvious pathological individual. This is not normal times, and its not about partisanship. Its about deflection and incompetence. Now, lets try to talk about something else related to this crisis, but I'm not going to allow any rewriting of history either.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1603 » by nymets1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:55 pm

I heard Mike Pence say during the white house press conference that every governor in each US state are allowed to enter phase 1 right now if the governors choose. I tweeted to Ron Desantis on twitter, that you better put Florida into phase 1. We would be able to do a little more things being in phase 1. But before phase 1, it's all the same bull sh-t we in right now.

Texas already said they are entering phase 1. They are a bigger US state than us and they are in the worst in testing. So if Texas is phase 1 so should we.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#1604 » by nymets1 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:45 am

Last night's numbers as of 9pm from bing.com/covid

USA- 672,931 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 54,594(+2607 increase), Deaths- 34,386(+6032 increase)
New York- 222,284 confirmed cases(+8505 increase)
New Jersey- 75,317 confirmed cases(+3713 increase)
Mass- 32,181 confirmed cases(+1177 increase)
Michigan- 29,263 confirmed cases(+1204 increase)
Penn- 27,735 confirmed cases(+1245 increase)
California- 27,634 confirmed cases(+969 increase)
Illinois- 27,733 confirmed cases(+1140 increase)
Florida- 23,340 confirmed cases(+829 increase), Recoveries- 1116
Lousisana- 22,532 confirmed cases(+1014 increase)
Texas- 16,435 confirmed cases(+436 increase)
Georgia- 16,368 confirmed cases (+1381 increase)
Connecticut- 15,884 confirmed cases(+1129 increase)
Washington- 11,154 confirmed cases, Active cases- 9236
Maryland- 10,784 confirmed cases(+623 increase)
Indiana- 9542 confirmed cases(+587 increase), Newly tracked

Spain-184,948 confirmed cases(+345 increase), Recoveries- 74,797(+3944 increase)
Italy- 168,941 confirmed cases(+1714 increase), Recoveries- 40,164(+2072 increase)
Germany- 138,230 confirmed cases(+1051 increase), Recoveries- 87,500(+2426 increase)
France- 108,847 confirmed cases(+784 increase), Recoveries- 32,812(+1857 increase)
United Kingdom- 103,093 confirmed cases(+4617), Recoveries- 1918

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA- 677,407 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 57,508, Deaths- 34,605
New York- 226,198 cc(+7636 increase)
New Jersey- 75,317 cc(+4287 increase)
Mass- 32,181 cc(+2263 increase)
Michigan- 29,263 cc(+1204 increase)
Penn- 27,735 cc(+982 increase)
California- 27,575 cc(+737 increase)
Illinois- 25,733 cc(+1140 increase)
Florida- 23,340 cc(+821 increase)
Louisana- 22,582 cc(+581 increase)
Texas- 16,638 cc(+629 increase)
Georgia- 16,368 cc(+1108 increase)
Connecticut- 15,884 cc(+1129 increase)
Washington- 11,034 cc(+124 increase)
Maryland- 10,784 cc(+752 increase)
Indiana- 9542 cc(+587 increase)

1. Both bing and worldometers show Florida with 23,340 confirmed cases with +821 increase. This marks the 3rd straight day Florida has kept the increase in confirmed cases under 1000
2. Spain had a near 4000 recoveries today and only had a increase of 345 new cases today
3. worldometers is showing a higher recovered number for the USA today than bing. If worldometers is correct, USA has over 3000 recoveries today
4. New Jersey is less than 25,000 away from potentially reaching 100,000 cases
5. Louisana has 6 straights now under 1000 new confirmed cases each day
6. Washington has now hit 2 full weeks of low increase in confirmed cases. That's like catching the virus and have recovered from it
7. Texas now with 5 straight days of low increase in confirmed cases
8. Newly tracked Indiana had an increase of 587 confirmed cases today. Repeat that number tomorrow and Indiana will be at 100,000 confirmed cases
9. Learn from other countries especially Spain who has the best now at lowest increase in confirmed cases in a day and recoveries per day. Spain is the country we should be following the most and trying to learn from.

Today's numbers as of 9pm from bing.com/covid

USA-705,678 confirmed cases(+28,339 increase), Recoveries- 58,478+3884 increase), Deaths- 36,589(+2203 increase)
New York- 229,642 confirmed cases(+6867 increase)
New Jersey- 78,467 confirmed cases(+3150 increase)
Mass- 34,402 confirmed cases(+2221 increase)
Michigan- 30,023 confirmed cases(+1964 increase)
Penn- 29,441 confirmed cases(+1706 increase)
California- 28,699 confirmed cases(+1265 increase)
Illinois- 27,575 confirmed cases(+1842 increase)
Florida- 24,753 confirmed cases(+1413 increase)
Louisana- 23,118 confirmed cases(+586 increase)
Georgia- 17,432 confirmed cases(+1763 increase)
Texas- 17,371 confirmed cases(+395 increase)
Connecticut- 16,809 confirmed cases(+925 increase)
Maryland- 11,572 confirmed cases(+788 increase)
Washington- 11,154 confirmed cases, Active cases- 9220
Indiana- 10,154 confirmed cases(+612 increase)

Spain- 190,859 confirmed cases(+5914 increase), Recoveries- 74,797
Italy- 172,434 confirmed cases(+930 increase)
Germany- 141,448 confirmed cases(+3218 increase), Recoveries- 87,500
France- 109,252 confirmed cases, Active cases- 56,151
United Kingdom- 108,692 confirmed cases(+10,216 increase)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

USA- 709,735 confirmed cases, Recoveries- 60,510, Deaths- 37,154

New York- 233,951 CC(+7753 increase)
New Jersey- 78,467 CC(+3150 increase)
Mass- 34,402 CC(+2221 increase)
Michigan- 30,023 CC(+760 increase)
Penn- 29,921 CC(+2186 increase)
California- 29,175 CC(+1541 increase)
Illinois- 27,575 CC(+1842 increase)
Florida- 24,752 CC(+1413 increase)
Louisana- 23,118 CC(+586 increase)
Georgia- 17,432 CC(+1064 increase)
Texas- 17,371 CC(+733 increase)
Connecticut- 16,809 CC(+925 increase)
Maryland- 11,572 CC(+788 increase)
Washington- 11,159 CC(+125 increase)
Indiana- 10,154 CC(+612 increase)

1. New Jersey is a little over 20,000 away from potentially reaching 100,000 confirmed cases
2. Connecticut is right behind Texas in most confimed cases and Texas is the 2nd largest US state but Texas is the worst or 2nd to worst US state in testing.
3. Louisana is now 7 straight days of low increase in new confirmed cases per day
4. Washington has had a small increase in new confirmed cases over 2 full weeks now, Now just have to watch their active cases left which is 9220.
5. Texas now 6 straight days of low increase in new confirmed cases per day
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#1605 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:22 am

spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Just wanna put this here.. to us non-American Magic fans, this thread sure is/was entertaining and informative about USA politics. I just thought that maybe this has more corona/chinese/covid/bat/wuhan-virus info and how it is influencing Magic fan's lives and responses to it.

But hey, I'm glad to know what Trump/Hillary/Obama/Biden/etc did or is doing as well.

Seriously guys, I thought all these politics were to be put in the CA board. I'd rather read conspiracy theories about this virus rather than rep are low-income Alabama-style humping rednecks and dems are snowflake changing their 76-genders while drinking overpriced starbucks. I get that Trump will always be included in whatever responses to this virus is, but can we tone it down a little? I wanted to see updates on Driguez and gomagic and whoever else might have.

Any chance people can promote their personal narrative, they throw it out there incessantly. I am sure if the cards would flip and the opposite person was in office and did the exact same things, those people would be definding that person That is just the hypocrisy of picking sides and defending them as loudly as possible.

No, that's not it. Its what you like to believe because Trump is being criticized. So, you make it out to be about other presidents obviously not in charge at the moment. Well, your guy would have done much worse. That's the devolution of this thread. How can we not have criticism of the current administration making all the decisions that effect our lives so greatly in the moment? We've covered many angles to this thing already. Right now we are currently looking at over 30K dead, projected to be more than double that in a month, 22M people out of work in three weeks, food lines as far as the eye can see, Drs and nurses still not getting the protective equipment they need, no data collection of testing, people left to figure their future out on their own with practically zero data to do that with, no idea when we can go back to work and make a living, and a group of sycophants willing to say anything to please the boss. I'm not sorry for talking politics given those parameters. In America, especially now, politics is involved in everything in our country. If you came to this thread thinking that a global pandemic, knowing the state of our dysfunctional political system, we would only be about the virus itself? Well, you should have expected to be disappointed. I'm going to criticize when I see a need for it, and I'm not going to let any misinformation take place on my watch, no matter what the subject. I'll try to veer back to germane topics, but I can't promise to not mention the clear dysfunction that is happening around me perpetrated by an obvious pathological individual. This is not normal times, and its not about partisanship. Its about deflection and incompetence. Now, lets try to talk about something else related to this crisis, but I'm not going to allow any rewriting of history either.

Dude. Admit it. You hate Trump and probably want the whole world to know it. Sometimes people hate something so much they become so consumed that their every thought revolves around promoting that anger to everyone that will listen. I get it. Republicans do the same towards Democratic politicians. Over in England, you got pro and anti Boris. It just seems your hatred is extreme. You really need to take a step away from the keyboard as your every single post revolves around "I hate trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!" :lol:

Do you work for the DNC or just pro-bono?

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Gomagic44
Head Coach
And1: 2,187

Post#1606 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:34 am

Hey bro! I am perfectly well. My covid test came back in 9 days as negative. My respiratory panel was negative. So either a bad flu (which I doubt) or I got one of the 30% false negative test versions. I will go and get the antibody test when it is available here. Thank you for your concern. I was one of the people talking politics I'm surprised you didn't see I was doing better!

Sent from my HD1900 using RealGM mobile app
Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1607 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 am

Just because that personjumps off the cliff doesn't mean I want to follow. California is the biggest state with the biggest economy and they aren't in a rush. But you didn't need to tweet him that. Of course Desantis is going to reopen asap regardless of scientific backing.
nymets1 wrote:I heard Mike Pence say during the white house press conference that every governor in each US state are allowed to enter phase 1 right now if the governors choose. I tweeted to Ron Desantis on twitter, that you better put Florida into phase 1. We would be able to do a little more things being in phase 1. But before phase 1, it's all the same bull sh-t we in right now.

Texas already said they are entering phase 1. They are a bigger US state than us and they are in the worst in testing. So if Texas is phase 1 so should we.

Gomagic44
Head Coach

Post#1608 » by Gomagic44 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:40 am

That seems a bit disengenous. You can be upset based on your morals and values and not be a shill.
BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Dude. Admit it. You hate Trump and probably want the whole world to know it. Sometimes people hate something so much they become so consumed that their every thought revolves around promoting that anger to everyone that will listen. I get it. Republicans do the same towards Democratic politicians. Over in England, you got pro and anti Boris. It just seems your hatred is extreme. You really need to take a step away from the keyboard as your every single post revolves around "I hate trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!"

BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1609 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:43 am

Gomagic44 wrote:Just because that personjumps off the cliff doesn't mean I want to follow. California is the biggest state with the biggest economy and they aren't in a rush. But you didn't need to tweet him that. Of course Desantis is going to reopen asap regardless of scientific backing.
nymets1 wrote:I heard Mike Pence say during the white house press conference that every governor in each US state are allowed to enter phase 1 right now if the governors choose. I tweeted to Ron Desantis on twitter, that you better put Florida into phase 1. We would be able to do a little more things being in phase 1. But before phase 1, it's all the same bull sh-t we in right now.

I am of a similar mindset being I haven't been impacted much during the shutdown. But, I keep thinking about those who work for or own small businesses, those losing their businesses or those losing homes since they cannot work. Not saying it is right to open up now, but there are more factors than many of us can comprehend. Maybe, open up sections or counties in low risk areas that have had little to know impact due to virus. Places like Miami need to stay down for a while.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1610 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:44 am

Gomagic44 wrote:That seems a bit disengenous. You can be upset based on your morals and values and not be a shill.
BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

Dude. Admit it. You hate Trump and probably want the whole world to know it. Sometimes people hate something so much they become so consumed that their every thought revolves around promoting that anger to everyone that will listen. I get it. Republicans do the same towards Democratic politicians. Over in England, you got pro and anti Boris. It just seems your hatred is extreme. You really need to take a step away from the keyboard as your every single post revolves around "I hate trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!"

I agree up to an extent where the hatred manifests itself in every post or thought expressed. Then, it becomes too extreme to be healthy. And, I was the one defending Obama against the Republicans just because I can't stand extremists or those who take their politics to extremes.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1611 » by spinedoc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:46 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Dude. Admit it. You hate Trump and probably want the whole world to know it. Sometimes people hate something so much they become so consumed that their every thought revolves around promoting that anger to everyone that will listen. I get it. Republicans do the same towards Democratic politicians. Over in England, you got pro and anti Boris. It just seems your hatred is extreme. You really need to take a step away from the keyboard as your every single post revolves around "I hate trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!" :lol:

The only problem is that you aren't addressing the specific issues and just focusing on my perceived hatred for Trump. I'm giving examples of why I feel a certain way, and you come back 'well everybody does it' attitude. You are doing nothing but giving a theory in the abstract. I think, or I believe things would be this way or that way isn't enough for me. Yeah, I'm very much pissed in the handling of this situation. We have a guy that doesn't like facts or information, so he bags on the media and thinks virus testing could only hurt his polling numbers. He is the one that is treating this as a political crisis, not me. I've done the microscopic view of the virus, home treatment and avoidance of it, possible clinical trials and vaccines, rate of infection, mortality rate, hospital rate, comorbidity issues, racial and social economic implications, yada yada, and now I'm kind of focused on the handling of the crisis and the long term health and financial effects of the decisions being made. I would appreciate it if you could rebut the issues of my argument, rather than the why you so mad bro routine. You are arguing things that are unknowable. If this and if that. If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas everyday. Spread the blame around instead of dealing with the issues.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1612 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:47 am

spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

The only problem is that you aren't addressing the specific issues and just focusing on my perceived hatred for Trump. I'm giving examples of why I feel a certain way, and you come back 'well everybody does it' attitude. You are doing nothing but giving a theory in the abstract. I think, or I believe things would be this way or that way isn't enough for me. Yeah, I'm very much pissed in the handling of this situation. We have a guy that doesn't like facts or information, so he bags on the media and thinks virus testing could only hurt his polling numbers. He is the one that is treating this as a political crisis, not me. I've done the microscopic view of the virus, home treatment and avoidance of it, possible clinical trials and vaccines, rate of infection, mortality rate, hospital rate, comorbidity issues, racial and social economic implications, yada yada, and now I'm kind of focused on the handling of the crisis and the long term health and financial effects of the decisions being made. I would appreciate it if you could rebut the issues of my argument, rather than the why you so mad bro routine. You are arguing things that are unknowable. If this and if that. If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, it would be Christmas everyday. Spread the blame around instead of dealing with the issues.

I will gladly discuss Politics on the PoliticalForum.com. But, I am not discussing politics with extremist left wingers on RealGM.

I cannot even read your posts because it is all the same drivel. "I haaate Trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!!!!" It is all the same to me. If you were attacking Obama, I would be doing the same.

I tell you what, if you create a post that does not involve your political accusations, I will gladly discuss. We should be leveling our hatred at the Chinese government because no president would have stopped the death rates we have had.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1613 » by spinedoc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:08 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

I will gladly discuss Politics on the PoliticalForum.com. But, I am not discussing politics with extremist left wingers on RealGM.

I cannot even read your posts because it is all the same drivel. "I haaate Trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!!!!" It is all the same to me.

I tell you what, if you create a post that does not involve your political accusations, I will gladly discuss. We should be leveling our hatred at the Chinese government because no president would have stopped the death rates we have had.

I'm not worried about my posts, who am I after all? I don't think you read much at all. You got to be proud of that deep thought provoking insight though. How can you argue with logic like that? Its unknowable and unproven, perfect!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1614 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 am

On the funny side:

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1615 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:41 am

spinedoc wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
spinedoc wrote:

I cannot even read your posts because it is all the same drivel. "I haaate Trump, this is why you should hate him too!!!!!!!!!" It is all the same to me.

I'm not worried about my posts, who am I after all? I don't think you read much at all. You got to be proud of that deep thought provoking insight though. How can you argue with logic like that? Its unknowable and unproven, perfect!

I am not the one fixated with Trump.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#1616 » by spinedoc » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am

Yeah, its not like he's on my television everyday throwing a hand grenade in the press room. Oh, that's right you don't watch those either. Let's see, you don't read, you don't watch the news, you don't take informed opinion from others. You are the modern day Descartes. I think its that way, therefore I'm right.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#1617 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:12 am

Gomagic44 wrote:Hey bro! I am perfectly well. My covid test came back in 9 days as negative. My respiratory panel was negative. So either a bad flu (which I doubt) or I got one of the 30% false negative test versions. I will go and get the antibody test when it is available here. Thank you for your concern. I was one of the people talking politics I'm surprised you didn't see I was doing better!

oh yeah i remember. Someone said that it would have been better it was covid cuz at least its iver and you are cured. Yeah got that. I.must havr forgotten cuz when the poss becomses to US political.. i kinda tune it out. lol

So thats good to hear. How.about Driguez? Hr was worried he got it too right?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#1618 » by BadMofoPimp » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:14 am

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#1619 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:14 am

Also... did all Americans here get their 1200 monry already? My brother is in Chicago and he never expected to get one but he and his wife ( both working) got it.

Lol kinda a little jealouse that I didnt join him when he changed his citizenship to the US long ago.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,094

Post#1620 » by tiderulz » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:02 am

yeah, but the Texas LT Gov also said that the old should be willing to die right now for the economy. the bar set pretty low

Return to Orlando Magic