ImageImageImageImage

4 Nets players test positive!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,575

4 Nets players test positive! 

Post#1 » by basketballRob » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 pm

They last played the Lakers on March 10th

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Re: 4 Nets players test positive! 

Post#2 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:56 pm

My guess is a lot more of us have it (or had it) than any of the data is showing and most are asymptomatic. And that's why (conspiracy/political talk ahead) the president is holding back testing kits. If there aren't millions of test kits available, then millions of people can't have it, right? It'd look really bad considering his comments up until this week if millions of people had it.

The good news if there is some truth to that... is at least most people are asymptomatic - just hopefully the 14 day isolation is enough to stop the spread to those who are at risk.

Really interesting to see what happens with the rest of this season. Unprecedented territory.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,152

Post#3 » by swarlesbarkley » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Ooof, KD just confirmed he is 1 of the 4.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,269

Post#4 » by Bensational » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Can we get this merged with the other covid thread? It doesn't require its own thread.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#5 » by nymets1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:49 am

I'm assuming the point of testing people that test positive is so we know how many people we know have confirmed cases and when those cases drop/ the people have recovered.

I want to know who these 3 other Nets players that tested positive. My guesses are Kyrie, Dinwiddie and Levert. Everybody on the Lakers will get tested Wednesday and i'm assuming at least 1 will test positive.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,840

Post#6 » by JF5 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:36 am

swarlesbarkley wrote:My guess is a lot more of us have it (or had it) than any of the data is showing and most are asymptomatic. And that's why (conspiracy/political talk ahead) the president is holding back testing kits. If there aren't millions of test kits available, then millions of people can't have it, right? It'd look really bad considering his comments up until this week if millions of people had it.

The good news if there is some truth to that... is at least most people are asymptomatic - just hopefully the 14 day isolation is enough to stop the spread to those who are at risk.

Really interesting to see what happens with the rest of this season. Unprecedented territory.

I'm leaning towards this sentiment that a lot more people have it than what is believed.

The fact the administration took too long to act swiftly when more cases were popping up in Europe/Asia in late January/February was pretty poor. Luckily this isn't as serious as it could've ended up being if this was a much more aggressive virus.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,072

Post#7 » by SOUL » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:16 am

Going to close this for now since we have a thread already.

Return to Orlando Magic