ImageImageImageImage

Fultz and Isaac’s Extensions

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,371

Re: Fultz and Isaac’s Extensions 

Post#41 » by pepe1991 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:34 am

NBlue wrote:I see everyone is back to the old -- let's trade AG and get something for that bag of bones routine. The reason that he is the player that so many teams are interested in is because he is the player that is actually a difference maker. The last 11 games of the season he was averaging 17-9-7 -- over 11 games. And of course that doesn't even go into the lock down badass D he has been playing over that stretch including the game winning block against the Nets in Brooklyn. Admittedly, in light of the track record of our organization I would not be surprised if the trade AG cabal was right and AG does get shipped off in the offseason. I think its insanely dumb unless you are getting an allstar caliber player back. Oh yeah -- we also went 8-3 over that stretch (2 of the losses by 3 points or less) and the ONE game he didn't play we got blown out by Portland at home. So absolutely -- LET"S TRADE AG -- get him out of here for a mediocre player and we can relax and let the championships roll in.

How execlly can you trade player that doesn't have value and get value in return? Maybe if Billy King becomes GM again i guess...
So yes, Gordon has some value around the league at least among fans, because they still hope 25 years old player who has been in NBA for half of decade still has untapped potential. Witch is laughable in it's own way but that's story for another day.
11 games sample size is 2,7% of total games he played in NBA.
But let's roll with that for a min. Did you know how he shot ball in last 6 of last 11 games you picked for your sample size ?

FG: 29-68 = 42,6%
3FG: 2-20 = 10% for 3
FT : 17-27= 63%

So yea, he did good job passing ball around but his shooting, that happend to be Magic's achillies heel - was dreadful, as it was for more or less story of his whole 2019-20 season.

He is not bad player. But he is not great one either. And given that he is not natural SF, and fact we have Okeke, Isaac and Aminu all lined up for PF position next season, and fact we lack shooting in SL ,it's not hard to see why he is main trade option.
He's career is going into projection more athletic, less effective, not so good overall Paul MIllsap's career. Witch is fine, and will land him lot of money, but he will never move needle for championship hopes on any team.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 306

Post#42 » by J the Drafter » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:07 am

pepe1991 wrote:
NBlue wrote:I see everyone is back to the old -- let's trade AG and get something for that bag of bones routine. The reason that he is the player that so many teams are interested in is because he is the player that is actually a difference maker. The last 11 games of the season he was averaging 17-9-7 -- over 11 games. And of course that doesn't even go into the lock down badass D he has been playing over that stretch including the game winning block against the Nets in Brooklyn. Admittedly, in light of the track record of our organization I would not be surprised if the trade AG cabal was right and AG does get shipped off in the offseason. I think its insanely dumb unless you are getting an allstar caliber player back. Oh yeah -- we also went 8-3 over that stretch (2 of the losses by 3 points or less) and the ONE game he didn't play we got blown out by Portland at home. So absolutely -- LET"S TRADE AG -- get him out of here for a mediocre player and we can relax and let the championships roll in.

How execlly can you trade player that doesn't have value and get value in return? Maybe if Billy King becomes GM again i guess...
So yes, Gordon has some value around the league at least among fans, because they still hope 25 years old player who has been in NBA for half of decade still has untapped potential. Witch is laughable in it's own way but that's story for another day.
11 games sample size is 2,7% of total games he played in NBA.
But let's roll with that for a min. Did you know how he shot ball in last 6 of last 11 games you picked for your sample size ?

FG: 29-68 = 42,6%
3FG: 2-20 = 10% for 3
FT : 17-27= 63%

So yea, he did good job passing ball around but his shooting, that happend to be Magic's achillies heel - was dreadful, as it was for more or less story of his whole 2019-20 season.

He is not bad player. But he is not great one either. And given that he is not natural SF, and fact we have Okeke, Isaac and Aminu all lined up for PF position next season, and fact we lack shooting in SL ,it's not hard to see why he is main trade option.
He's career is going into projection more athletic, less effective, not so good overall Paul MIllsap's career. Witch is fine, and will land him lot of money, but he will never move needle for championship hopes on any team.

He’s struggled with consistency this season, but he’s large, athletic, and developing his skills—he couldn’t finish or post up a few years ago, and I don’t think there’s anything to suggest his shooting won’t continue to improve. If he played consistently this probably wouldn’t be a discussion. And call me naive, I think he can. I don't know whether it’s Aaron’s fault he’s had an up-and-down year, or whether the strength and conditioning staff did a poor job preparing the team at the start of the season, but I think the injuries and rough play from multiple players indicates that the strength and conditioning staff were at fault.

I also don’t see anything to indicate AG is strictly a power forward. There’ve been worse ballhandlers at the three spot than Gordon—I haven’t seen Pietrus, Ariza or Artest dribble as much as Gordon has. Besides, putting Gordon at small forward allows him to defend perimeter players and gives him more opportunities to post up smaller defenders. I certainly won’t trade AG in favor of letting him, Okeke and Isaac take the floor together.

I know you’ve probably made up your mind already. I just thought there were some things you should consider.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
darthmerrick
Starter
And1: 329

Post#43 » by darthmerrick » Fri May 1, 2020 6:35 pm

My Issac jersey just arrived today. I am now fully committed to the Fultz and Issac era. Let's go Magic!

Return to Orlando Magic