ImageImageImageImage

Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

User avatar
bigdogdylan5
Starter
Posts: 2,323
And1: 952
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#21 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:46 pm

Def Swami wrote:All games will be televised on Fox Sports Florida. August 7th game against the Sixers will be on TNT.
Read on Twitter


Rest of NBA
Read on Twitter

Oh I will be so hyped for that Philly game! I hope Markelle takes their soul on national tv.
Magic BaT
Garrity's Gang
Owners: bigdogdylan5
PG Rod Strickland
SG Jason Richardson
SF Doug Christie
PF Al Harrington
C Shawn Kemp
Sixth man: Kenny Smith
Coach: Rick Carlisle
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 32,211
And1: 8,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#22 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:33 pm

Our rookie will not be playing as well I assume?
aka: prorl
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 7,591
And1: 8,401
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#23 » by Knightro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:Our rookie will not be playing as well I assume?


Okeke?

He isn't even signed to an NBA contract at the moment.

It would be a fireable offense if the front office decided to sign him now and burned through an entire year of his cost controlled rookie deal so he could play the last 8 games of the season.
darthmerrick
Starter
Posts: 2,079
And1: 321
Joined: Apr 22, 2009
Location: Stafford, Virginia
         

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#24 » by darthmerrick » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:11 pm

3ddman23 wrote:So are they taking into account the rest of the season w & L. So if we beat the nets one more time we take the season series 3-1( if we where to lose one game) or is all of that out the window for these final 8 games and they are taking the standing based off of these 8 games?


They combine our 2020 season record with these games. We are currently 30-35, so if go 6-2 we would finish with a record of 36-37 and would have a winning percentage of .493...standings are determined by winning percentage and head to head tie-breakers would resume. Since Nets will have played one less game we will not be able to use our series win as a tie breaker with nets.

We can finish 7th, 8th or 9th. (possibility of a play-in if the 9th seed finishes within 4 games of the 8th seed.

I would prefer to play Raptors as the 7th seed then Bucks.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 7,591
And1: 8,401
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#25 » by Knightro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:56 am

Read on Twitter


Spencer Dinwiddie also tested positive and it sounds like he's strongly considering not playing either.
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 8,480
And1: 1,388
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#26 » by RookieStar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 am

Hmm yeah heard that. If our lineup is at 100% ( without aminu and ji ) then we have a big chance to get that 7th seed and win the 1st game against the Raps (lol)
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,972
And1: 8,706
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#27 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:22 am

Wow. If Brooklyn loses Dinwiddie then they could drop far enough for Washington to sneak in, couldn't they?

Toronto or Boston in the 1st round would be so much more interesting than Milwaukee.
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 19,542
And1: 1,981
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#28 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 am

Yea the Nets might lose Dinwiddie, they already lost Chandler and Jordan.

They are done. Hopefully we stay healthy and do some demage
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,804
And1: 4,415
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#29 » by drsd » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:51 am

J-Mezzy wrote:Yea the Nets might lose Dinwiddie, they already lost Chandler and Jordan.

They are done. Hopefully we stay healthy and do some demage


Out:
Wilson Chandler 21 mpg; 6/1/4 with a 40% three-ball
DeAndre Jordan 22 mpg; 8/2/10 with an eFG% at 67%
That is brutal to their bench-dpeth chart. Given that the Magic has been playing a lot of two-PG sets with Ross at the SF slot, Chandler's absence clearly helps Ross. Without Jordan, Bamba will be very freed up.


Maybe out:
Spencer Dinwiddie 31 mpg - primary stater; 21/7/4
If he is out, the is a crushing blow for the Nets. Fultz is the clear winner in that.


..
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 17,532
And1: 10,881
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#30 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:48 pm

The Wizards are pretty far behind. Their roster is bums outside of Beal. I think Nets can still hold onto 8th even with just Levert, Jarrett Allen, and uh whoever else they have.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,109
And1: 10,382
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#31 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm

I don't know if I will fully trust that this season will resume until I see the first tip-off. The virus situation is an incredibly difficult thing for the NBA to maneuver, and if the death tolls continue to spike exponentially these next 2-3 weeks and more players get it or pull out in fear I could still see this season getting called off.
Image
User avatar
j-ragg
RealGM
Posts: 17,532
And1: 10,881
Joined: Mar 31, 2005
Location: the don't re-sign Hedo bandwagon.
   

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#32 » by j-ragg » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:02 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:and if the death tolls continue to spike exponentially these next 2-3 weeks

Not saying there's upside to a virus. But isn't the death toll kind of the bright side of this? Seems like cases keep going up but deaths seem to be plummeting compared to when the virus first got here. Who knows though, you could be right.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,109
And1: 10,382
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#33 » by PrimeThyme » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:39 pm

j-ragg wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:and if the death tolls continue to spike exponentially these next 2-3 weeks

Not saying there's upside to a virus. But isn't the death toll kind of the bright side of this? Seems like cases keep going up but deaths seem to be plummeting compared to when the virus first got here. Who knows though, you could be right.

Yeah, I didn’t word that the best. I really meant to put the emphasis on the number of cases and as those continue to rise exponentially and If more players get it I still see a scenario where the season gets called off.

Even though the death rate is low, that’s not what news outlets and media focus on. The number of cases growing is what creates the hysteria and is what scares people. At least from what I’ve seen In my own personal experience.

It would get cancelled imo due to pressure from outside sources or the players.
Image
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,056
And1: 5,076
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#34 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 pm

I really really REALLY miss sports. Any sign of normally feels amazing right now.

BUT

Am I the only one getting the feeling this restart is becoming a bad idea?

Conditions have changed since the league and players agreed to a strategy even a short while ago and it looks to get worse before it gets better. I wonder if there is more harm than good to be caused by attempting this half-assed season?
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 8,662
And1: 3,168
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#35 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:28 am

MagicFan101 wrote:I really really REALLY miss sports. Any sign of normally feels amazing right now.

BUT

Am I the only one getting the feeling this restart is becoming a bad idea?

Conditions have changed since the league and players agreed to a strategy even a short while ago and it looks to get worse before it gets better. I wonder if there is more harm than good to be caused by attempting this half-assed season?
They'll be in a bubble and I'm sure they won't have contact with anyone, including Disney employees. My guess is a bigger percentage of the players that don't go get coronavirus, than the players in the bubble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 8,662
And1: 3,168
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#36 » by basketballRob » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:38 am

I think Brooklyn has to convey their pick to Minnesota if it's not in the lottery. So they may tank the last 8.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
MagicFan101
General Manager
Posts: 9,056
And1: 5,076
Joined: Jul 04, 2012
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#37 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:16 am

basketballRob wrote:
MagicFan101 wrote:I really really REALLY miss sports. Any sign of normally feels amazing right now.

BUT

Am I the only one getting the feeling this restart is becoming a bad idea?

Conditions have changed since the league and players agreed to a strategy even a short while ago and it looks to get worse before it gets better. I wonder if there is more harm than good to be caused by attempting this half-assed season?
They'll be in a bubble and I'm sure they won't have contact with anyone, including Disney employees. My guess is a bigger percentage of the players that don't go get coronavirus, than the players in the bubble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


You realize COVID tests, while much improved recently, are still quite unreliable don’t you?

Positive tests results have reached the point where we are pretty confident in their accuracy. So if someone tests positive we can quickly act and treat.

The issue is that a negative test is not yet fully trustworthy. So it is possible or even a certainty that at least one person will test negative and enter that bubble while actually being infected with the virus.

What happens after that ... ?

The only solution is many many many many many many ... and then more tests BEFORE entering the bubble.

They have been doing that and the result has already lead to multiple Nets players testing positive and opting out as well as the entire Nuggets facility being shut down.

We haven’t even really started yet ...
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 7,591
And1: 8,401
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#38 » by Knightro » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:19 am

basketballRob wrote:They'll be in a bubble and I'm sure they won't have contact with anyone, including Disney employees. My guess is a bigger percentage of the players that don't go get coronavirus, than the players in the bubble.


The problem is that this isn't a true bubble. It's only a "bubble" in terms of keeping the majority of people (not all) from coming in.

The players, coaches, staffers, announcers, production crew people are all free to come and go from the Disney bubble as they please. It's not a prison.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 22,972
And1: 8,706
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#39 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:10 am

Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:They'll be in a bubble and I'm sure they won't have contact with anyone, including Disney employees. My guess is a bigger percentage of the players that don't go get coronavirus, than the players in the bubble.


The problem is that this isn't a true bubble. It's only a "bubble" in terms of keeping the majority of people (not all) from coming in.

The players, coaches, staffers, announcers, production crew people are all free to come and go from the Disney bubble as they please. It's not a prison.


Really? It's not an enforced bubble? I thought it was. Isn't that why players are opting out - because they don't want to deal with the restrictions?

Otherwise how do you control contact with potentially infected people? Especially with the rate of infections in Florida.
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 27,804
And1: 4,415
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Orlando Magic Remaining Schedule Released 

Post#40 » by drsd » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:39 am

basketballRob wrote: .... I'm sure they won't have contact with anyone, including Disney employees.


This is non-trivial.

Bed-service and buffet meals will be attended to by 3rd parties. The NBA cannot control this.

There will be non-NBA and non-Disney staff that exit and enter the bubble - who end up in contact with Bubblers - outside of the contracts of Labor agreements of Disney, ESPN, and the NBA.


..

Return to Orlando Magic