ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Player Tested Positive for COVID June 23rd

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,695

Re: Orlando Magic Player Tested Positive for COVID June 23rd 

Post#21 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:39 am

Why is Isaac there if he can't play? I don't mine but I was just wondering.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#22 » by RookieStar » Thu Jul 9, 2020 12:55 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Why is Isaac there if he can't play? I don't mine but I was just wondering.

As management said.. he WANTED to be there. So we probably have the only and most expensive cheerleader in the bubble. Its fine actually. He is showing his commitment to the team.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,695

Post#23 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:27 am

RookieStar wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Why is Isaac there if he can't play? I don't mine but I was just wondering.

As management said.. he WANTED to be there. So we probably have the only and most expensive cheerleader in the bubble. Its fine actually. He is showing his commitment to the team.

I'll be cheering right along with him. Truly happy he's on the team!
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#24 » by TheGlyde » Thu Jul 9, 2020 9:32 am

TheGlyde wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Throw in Aminu and that's 10 people who it isn't.

Leaves Bamba, Birch, Frazier, Ennis and Clark or possibly a two-way player.

Birch is in the bubble, as per Evan's latest Instagram video.

Bamba just posted from the bubble.

So the possibilities are;
Ennis
Clark
Frazier
Law?
B.J Johnson?

T-Ross mentioned on his podcast that Vic Law and BJ are in the bubble, so that lets us know those guys make up the 17 man roster for one, and that the only 3 men unaccounted for are Ennis (who people seem to think is the player positive) Clark and Frazier.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#25 » by drsd » Thu Jul 9, 2020 9:38 am

TheGlyde wrote:T-Ross mentioned on his podcast that Vic Law and BJ are in the bubble, so that lets us know those guys make up the 17 man roster for one, and that the only 3 men unaccounted for are Ennis (who people seem to think is the player positive) Clark and Frazier.

With the depth of forward depth, I do see one or both of these players getting more NBA-minutes. Clark will also need to contribute I would think, moving forward (no pun).

Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#26 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:16 pm

Def Swami wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The only significant player who wasn’t there without an alibi (Fultz) is Mo, but whoever it is should be close based on when the last round of testing happened.

Mo Bamba is in the bubble.
Yup saw that. James Ennis it is then....Maybe
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by TheGlyde » Thu Jul 9, 2020 10:48 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Def Swami wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The only significant player who wasn’t there without an alibi (Fultz) is Mo, but whoever it is should be close based on when the last round of testing happened.

Mo Bamba is in the bubble.
Yup saw that. James Ennis it is then....Maybe

I believe we can confirm it is Ennis after today yes.

Gary Clark was at practice today as per his insta story, and Lakeland posted an image of Frazier Jr dunking at practice today.

So everyone aside from Fultz, Aminu and Ennis is inside the bubble.
Orlando Magic Historian

drsd
RealGM

Post#28 » by drsd » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:14 pm

TheGlyde wrote:

Gary Clark was at practice today as per his insta story, and Lakeland posted an image of Frazier Jr dunking at practice today.

Are Law and Johnson in the Bubble? And what about Magette?

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#29 » by RookieStar » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:23 pm

drsd wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:

Didn't we cut Magtte already?
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by TheGlyde » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:30 pm

drsd wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:

Law and Johnson are definitely in the bubble yes.

They were our two way players before the season was suspended, Magette was waived back in January and returned to Lakeland.

Amile Jefferson was waived in Feb and returned to Lakeland, and is also not in the bubble.
Orlando Magic Historian

drsd
RealGM

Post#31 » by drsd » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:57 am

TheGlyde wrote:.... Magette was waived back in January and returned to Lakeland.

Amile Jefferson was waived in Feb and returned to Lakeland, and is also not in the bubble.

I see a benefit of G-leaguers go in bubble so they can be signed if/when players get injured.

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by TheGlyde » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 am

drsd wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:.... Magette was waived back in January and returned to Lakeland.

I see a benefit of G-leaguers go in bubble so they can be signed if/when players get injured.

I agree, though I think there was a thought that expanding rosters too far means more people in the bubble, more testing, more money, and more safety risk.

If my understanding is correct (finding clarification is difficult) teams are allowed to bring 17 players into the bubble.

For teams that have 15-17 players on contract but have injured players not in the bubble (eg Aminu), I think we could sign more to bring the number to 17... but Im not 100% on that.

With 14 players in the bubble, and Fultz and Ennis presumably coming soon, I wouldn’t mind if the brought in Jefferson for forward depth if they could have him in that 17th spot.

Our forward positions are pretty thin if Isaac can’t play and Ennis doesn’t recover from COVID.
Orlando Magic Historian

drsd
RealGM

Post#33 » by drsd » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:47 pm

TheGlyde wrote:I agree, though I think there was a thought that expanding rosters too far means more people in the bubble, more testing, more money, and more safety risk.

If my understanding is correct (finding clarification is difficult) teams are allowed to bring 17 players into the bubble.

For teams that have 15-17 players on contract but have injured players not in the bubble (eg Aminu), I think we could sign more to bring the number to 17... but Im not 100% on that.

With 14 players in the bubble, and Fultz and Ennis presumably coming soon, I wouldn’t mind if the brought in Jefferson for forward depth if they could have him in that 17th spot.

Our forward positions are pretty thin if Isaac can’t play and Ennis doesn’t recover from COVID.

a) I think there is a benefit for the league to bring in 20 or so G-leaguers to the Bubble "just in case".

b) Washington, Brooklyn and Orlando all look to be small-ball teams in these first 8-games.
b ii) if Orlando gets the 7-seed, perhaps this entices Orlando to suit Isaac up.

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TheGlyde » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:21 pm

As per his Instagram story, James Ennis has now entered the bubble and has begun his 48 hour quarantine :onfire:
Orlando Magic Historian

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#35 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 pm

Paul George is pulling big bass out of the canal behind the hotel and he's not wearing a mask. I've heard the have some huge bass out there because they don't allow fishing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by TheGlyde » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:46 pm

basketballRob wrote:Paul George is pulling big bass out of the canal behind the hotel and he's not wearing a mask. I've heard the have some huge bass out there because they don't allow fishing.

Looks like Gary Clark has been fishing as well... Albeit with his mask on. Surely there must be places they are allowed to fish if multiple players are doing it.
Orlando Magic Historian

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#37 » by basketballRob » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:56 pm

TheGlyde wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Paul George is pulling big bass out of the canal behind the hotel and he's not wearing a mask. I've heard the have some huge bass out there because they don't allow fishing.

Looks like Gary Clark has been fishing as well... Albeit with his mask on. Surely there must be places they are allowed to fish if multiple players are doing it.
I've always heard no fishing and stories of construction workers sneaking and pulling huge bass out.

Maybe VIPs can get away with it. They are going to be there for a while and that'll give them something to do.

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by TheGlyde » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:34 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-8430745/The-NBAs-bizarre-108-page-guidelines-players-Disney-World-bubble.html

Here is some of what awaits NBA players going to Disney World in Florida next month: game rooms, golf course access, cabanas to cool off in the heat, fishing areas, bowling, backstage tours and salon services.

Daily entertainment will be made available, including movie screenings and DJs. Teams can also take fishing trips, golf outings or book a private restaurant for an evening
Orlando Magic Historian

OrlandO
RealGM
And1: 16,421

Post#39 » by OrlandO » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 pm

basketballRob wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:

I've always heard no fishing and stories of construction workers sneaking and pulling huge bass out.

Maybe VIPs can get away with it. They are going to be there for a while and that'll give them something to do.

Port Orleans and Fort Wilderness have paid dock fishing. Pretty sure they also have guided bass fishing by boat for more money.

Return to Orlando Magic