ImageImageImageImage

Chuma Okeke (injury update post #16)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Re: Chuma Okeke (injury update post #16) 

Post#41 » by Rainwater » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:38 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Isn't Anthony Edwards projected to be a top 5 poick? Who is giving that up for either Vuc, AG, and Evan.

depends....rumor is a good amount of executives are not really feeling this draft at all, they don't see a transcendent talent some might trade out

It's still makes no sense. The only team I see trading their pick is GS because as a rebuilding team, which most of these lottery teams are, the goal is typically collecting as much young assets as possible in hopes of a star. You already know what you are going to get from established players like Evan, AG, and Vuc.

With that being said I do agree there might be sell off draft picks due to the lack of stars, I don't Edwards is one of those guys.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#42 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 7:45 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Isn't Anthony Edwards projected to be a top 5 poick? Who is giving that up for either Vuc, AG, and Evan.

depends....rumor is a good amount of executives are not really feeling this draft at all, they don't see a transcendent talent some might trade out

But neither is AG, nor Evan. ... and Edwards would come on a cost controlled rookie deal for years to come.

I can absolute see GSW trading that pick. No doubt. But not for AG or Evan.

Toss in a slew of future unprotected picks or a third team and it becomes interesting for GSW but I lose interest.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,167

Post#43 » by cedric76 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 8:37 pm

If AG carry on playing like that i could see gw do

AG +#16 for tpe+ their pick
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,576

Post#44 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 7, 2020 9:38 am

Rainwater wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

It's still makes no sense. The only team I see trading their pick is GS because as a rebuilding team, which most of these lottery teams are, the goal is typically collecting as much young assets as possible in hopes of a star. You already know what you are going to get from established players like Evan, AG, and Vuc.

With that being said I do agree there might be sell off draft picks due to the lack of stars, I don't Edwards is one of those guys.
If Minnesota got Edwards, they could trade him. They have Beasley and Culver.

Last year the basically did what we'd being trying to do. They traded players and their draft pick to move up and take Culver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Post#45 » by Rainwater » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:59 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
KillMonger wrote:depends....rumor is a good amount of executives are not really feeling this draft at all, they don't see a transcendent talent some might trade out

If Minnesota got Edwards, they could trade him. They have Beasley and Culver.

Last year the basically did what we'd being trying to do. They traded players and their draft pick to move up and take Culver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Yes, trading down makes sense. But a rebuilding team trading for non impactful vets such as Vuc and Evan only makes no sense. And I still think that if Edwards were to be traded they can find a better option than anything the magic can provide.

Return to Orlando Magic