ImageImageImageImage

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,181
And1: 12,489
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Aaron Gordon Island
Contact:
     

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#121 » by Def Swami » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:27 am

RookieStar wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Wait.. so this is unrelated to his previous injury. How does this affect his timeline? In regards to recovery, back to full strength and etc etc?

Assuming this is true. I mean the reason we were all doom and gloom is because we thought it was the same injury right? How does this news change it?


IMO would’ve rather this been same injury. Magic come out and say we didn’t do surgery 1st time he rehabbed was cleared and it didn’t work out.

The fact it’s not doesn’t help the “injury prone” tag he’s going to have now. Same knee completely different issue what’s next will always be the question.


Yes, but I was actually asking regarding the timeline and what this means. lol

It doesn't change anything. He's out for at least a year. We won't see him until the beginning of the '21-'22 season.
User avatar
Furinkazan
Head Coach
Posts: 7,265
And1: 3,193
Joined: May 11, 2005
       

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#122 » by Furinkazan » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:46 am

User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 28,175
And1: 4,536
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#123 » by drsd » Tue Aug 4, 2020 10:39 am

Interesting side-quote from PBO Welmann on Isaac's past injury. Apparently it helped reduce damage this time and was not casual at all.

In particular, because Isaac had the brace on, that is why this was "only" an ACL and not something even more devastating.
User avatar
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,765
And1: 496
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
Location: Retire #25!
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#124 » by TheGlyde » Tue Aug 4, 2020 11:54 am

drsd wrote:Interesting side-quote from PBO Welmann on Isaac's past injury. Apparently it helped reduce damage this time and was not casual at all.

In particular, because Isaac had the brace on, that is why this was "only" an ACL and not something even more devastating.


He also claimed that a doctor said that "this landing would have resulted in this injury for any player in the NBA" and I just call B.S, sorry.

There was nothing special or unique about the move. It was a simple cutting jump stop. There are multiple moves like it or with more torque and impact in every game, every day.

He is in full damage control because this injury has thrown the franchise's plans into complete disarray not just for this season but for the next 18 months

Whether the latest MRI imaging didn't show any damage in the previously injured areas to me doesn't mean that it didn't contribute to this one.

From information on the original injury:
https://fansided.com/2020/01/04/what-expect-jonathan-isaac-misses-time-with-severe-knee-sprain/
a posterior lateral (or posterolateral) corner injury is still significant. The posterolateral corner is comprised of a number of anatomical structures, including the LCL, joint capsule, (the little known) popliteofibular ligament and multiple muscle tendons; it is unknown which anatomical structures Isaac injured based on the current reporting. The purpose of the posterolateral corner is to help stabilize the knee against excessive rotation, hyperextension and varus stress (i.e. bending the knee “out”) forces.


So if Isaac potentially had any damage or weakness in his LCL and the multiple muscle tendons in the corner, all of which are designed to help stabilize the knee against excessive rotation, hyperextension and varus stress forces, it could absolutely contribute.

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Anterior_Cruciate_Ligament_(ACL)_Injury
Importantly, failure to address instability of the posterolateral corner structures increases the forces at the ACL and PCL graft sites, and may ultimately predispose to failure of the cruciate reconstruction.
Orlando Magic Historian
NotACat
Starter
Posts: 2,364
And1: 1,158
Joined: Apr 28, 2018
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#125 » by NotACat » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:49 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#126 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:50 pm

Not my post but i agree what was said

"it was only a couple weeks from "he isn’t participating in full-contact practice" to playing in regular season games.

We obviously don’t have the medical technology to know with 100% certainty that things are ready to go, so there’s always a bit of guessing and feeling things out as they go. I wish we had a magical-uber-MRI that could scan every muscle fiber and joint down to the cell to know if there’s any potential issues. Until we do, it’s always going to include a bit of guesswork. That’s life.

But that said…asking whether he should have cleared to play is totally valid. He may not have been rushed through his overall rehab, but it’s entirely possible he was rushed through the final steps during the mini-training-camp and scrims.

Bamba, who was deemed totally healthy, was put on a minutes restriction as a precaution to avoid potentially re-injuring his left leg. Keep in mind, he had played on that leg for 14 mpg for 62 games already, but the staff looked at his added weight and pulled him down to single-digit minutes just to be safe.

Fultz was totally healthy and was held on a minutes restriction simply because he was late to the bubble and wasn’t in game-shape. He had played 28 mpg for 66 games post- shoulder recovery before the break with no sign that it was an issue anymore.

Isaac was coming off a 7-month long knee injury recovery, the last few months of rehab not being done at the Magic facilities due to Covid. He wasn’t even put into practices at first when the shortened mini-camp before the scrims started.

Yet Isaac’s minutes restriction was about the same as Fultz, and less strict than Bamba?

Yeah. Some evaluation of the Magic’s health & performance staff is in order."
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Last Guardian
RealGM
Posts: 22,690
And1: 2,064
Joined: Feb 22, 2004
Location: New Jersey
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#127 » by Last Guardian » Tue Aug 4, 2020 1:28 pm

Hard to blame anyone considering how athletic he looked his first game. He looked fully healthy. Just sucks for him and the Magic. We aren't horrible without him but when he plays this team just looks like they play on another level. Hopefully we have a better more balanced roster when he returns.
Bergmaniac
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,108
And1: 6,005
Joined: Jan 08, 2010
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#128 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Aug 4, 2020 4:03 pm

https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 2,795
And1: 875
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#129 » by The Effect » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:34 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.

because ESPN knows they can get away with it because they are pandering to their audience.

Everyone is on the BLM movement, so they know they can get away with it

Now, if Kaep came back and immediately tore his ACL after kneeling and he made those comments......Dan LeBastard wouldnt have a job anymore
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#130 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 5:43 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.


ESPN... enough said. Left wing propaganda, twitter and other left wing platforms who represent vocal minority of US. Basically "liberals" who are liberal as long as you say what they want to hear. Liberals are probably the least liberal population of voters in the world.
Man... i don't want to go into political rabbit hole
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 6,441
And1: 6,352
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#131 » by MagicMatic » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:22 pm

I just don’t know how we can realistically factor Isaac into any future commitments. Dude is always injured or is recovering from an injury, and is supposedly in the prime of his health.

For as exciting as he is when he is on the floor, it means nothing if he isn’t healthy or reliable. We can blame the training staff, doctors, etc. but it doesn’t really matter. Orlando should finally blow this team up if we are seriously going to be waiting for 1/2 the excitement to return from, yet another, severe injury.
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 1,948
Joined: Jul 17, 2012

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#132 » by Ducklett » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:33 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.


He has a history of tasteless and racist comments. He is basically the shock jock of ESPN radio. I never liked it and actively boycott his show. He also has unapologetic racists on as guests as well. **** that guy.
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 19,721
And1: 2,117
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#133 » by J-Mezzy » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:38 pm

Ducklett wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.


He has a history of tasteless and racist comments. He is basically the shock jock of ESPN radio. I never liked it and actively boycott his show. He also has unapologetic racists on as guests as well. **** that guy.


And he is just not good....He is not entertaining and tries to be funny and he is just terrible.
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
NotACat
Starter
Posts: 2,364
And1: 1,158
Joined: Apr 28, 2018
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#134 » by NotACat » Tue Aug 4, 2020 7:09 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/

ESPN’s Dan Le Batard apologized for a tasteless poll question regarding Orlando Magic forward Jonathan Isaac, who tore the ACL in his left knee two days after standing for the national anthem while his teammates kneeled.

The Le Batard radio show Twitter account posted this question: "#poll Is it funny the guy who refused to kneel immediately blew out his knee?"


WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.


ESPN... enough said. Left wing propaganda, twitter and other left wing platforms who represent vocal minority of US. Basically "liberals" who are liberal as long as you say what they want to hear. Liberals are probably the least liberal population of voters in the world.
Man... i don't want to go into political rabbit hole

This is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#135 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:48 pm

NotACat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2020/08/03/espn-dan-le-batard-apologizes-poll-jonathan-isaac-knee-injury/5577329002/



WTF, why would they post this poll in the first place, just disgusting behaviour.


ESPN... enough said. Left wing propaganda, twitter and other left wing platforms who represent vocal minority of US. Basically "liberals" who are liberal as long as you say what they want to hear. Liberals are probably the least liberal population of voters in the world.
Man... i don't want to go into political rabbit hole

This is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever read.


Basically: liberals belive their "woke" view of the world is only right one, if you don't agree with them, they are not liberal enough to let you have different opinion, rather will just attack you and call you stupid,obsolete,misogynist, racits, or any other title that will discredit you as person.

Best example: gender
How many genders exist ? Two. Last + 10 000 years. ( and hermaphrodites, who are nothing but biological deformation from biological standpoint ) Guess who , despite objective, scientifically proven facts goes against logic and literally rapes factual, objective truth, forces down troats everybody their agenda. Leiberals. Why? Because science does not apply to them, just like logical, common sense.

How long will it take until left wing starts to promote pedophilia into " they feel like kids therfore it's fine that 45 years old raped 8 months baby"? Not too long. I mean, back in 2014 NYtimes already had article how pedophilia isn't really crime, rather just disorder. When pushing envelope will become socially unacceptable? We aready know that little things like SCIENCE isn't enough to stop stupidity.

It's funny, when 35 years old male feels like a baby, he is just different and you have to take him serious, but if 35 years old male feels like a dog ( witch is literally the same) he will be locked in mental insitution...
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
NotACat
Starter
Posts: 2,364
And1: 1,158
Joined: Apr 28, 2018
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#136 » by NotACat » Tue Aug 4, 2020 8:54 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
NotACat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
ESPN... enough said. Left wing propaganda, twitter and other left wing platforms who represent vocal minority of US. Basically "liberals" who are liberal as long as you say what they want to hear. Liberals are probably the least liberal population of voters in the world.
Man... i don't want to go into political rabbit hole

This is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever read.


Basically: liberals belive their "woke" view of the world is only right one, if you don't agree with them, they are not liberal enough to let you have different opinion, rather will just attack you and call you stupid,obsolete,misogynist, racits, or any other title that will discredit you as person.

Best example: gender
How many genders exist ? Two. Last + 10 000 years. ( and hermaphrodites, who are nothing but biological deformation from biological standpoint ) Guess who , despite objective, scientifically proven facts goes against logic and literally rapes factual, objective truth, forces down troats everybody their agenda. Leiberals. Why? Because science does not apply to them, just like logical, common sense.

How long will it take until left wing starts to promote pedophilia into " they feel like kids therfore it's fine that 45 years old raped 8 months baby"? Not too long. I mean, back in 2014 NYtimes already had article how pedophilia isn't really crime, rather just disorder. When pushing envelope will become socially unacceptable? We aready know that little things like SCIENCE isn't enough to stop stupidity.

It's funny, when 35 years old male feels like a baby, he is just different and you have to take him serious, but if 35 years old male feels like a dog ( witch is literally the same) he will be locked in mental insitution...

Just taking a moment to say two things:
1. You're wrong on all counts
2. Its not worth my time to educate you or anyone else who is misinformed and simply ignorant. People who have these viewpoints, such as pepe, have the resources to educate themselves but choose not to
Black Lives Matter
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#137 » by pepe1991 » Tue Aug 4, 2020 9:28 pm

NotACat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
NotACat wrote:This is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever read.


Basically: liberals belive their "woke" view of the world is only right one, if you don't agree with them, they are not liberal enough to let you have different opinion, rather will just attack you and call you stupid,obsolete,misogynist, racits, or any other title that will discredit you as person.

Best example: gender
How many genders exist ? Two. Last + 10 000 years. ( and hermaphrodites, who are nothing but biological deformation from biological standpoint ) Guess who , despite objective, scientifically proven facts goes against logic and literally rapes factual, objective truth, forces down troats everybody their agenda. Leiberals. Why? Because science does not apply to them, just like logical, common sense.

How long will it take until left wing starts to promote pedophilia into " they feel like kids therfore it's fine that 45 years old raped 8 months baby"? Not too long. I mean, back in 2014 NYtimes already had article how pedophilia isn't really crime, rather just disorder. When pushing envelope will become socially unacceptable? We aready know that little things like SCIENCE isn't enough to stop stupidity.

It's funny, when 35 years old male feels like a baby, he is just different and you have to take him serious, but if 35 years old male feels like a dog ( witch is literally the same) he will be locked in mental insitution...

Just taking a moment to say two things:
1. You're wrong on all counts
2. Its not worth my time to educate you or anyone else who is misinformed and simply ignorant. People who have these viewpoints, such as pepe, have the resources to educate themselves but choose not to


In mean time woke and liberal twitter and ESPN talking shows are having parade because player didn't kneel during national anthem
( you know, anthem of country that was built in sacrifice, blood, sweat, tears and human lifes over many years, that many,many, many people died for ) and got hurt 2 days later?

Making fun of his religious belifes is typical liberal nonsense, you have your right to belive in what you want, but i will mock you without any backlash, but if i mock your **** idiocy i will get blasted or fired or blackmarked?
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,210
And1: 8,904
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#138 » by Bensational » Wed Aug 5, 2020 1:19 am

pepe1991 wrote:
NotACat wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
ESPN... enough said. Left wing propaganda, twitter and other left wing platforms who represent vocal minority of US. Basically "liberals" who are liberal as long as you say what they want to hear. Liberals are probably the least liberal population of voters in the world.
Man... i don't want to go into political rabbit hole

This is genuinely one of the dumbest things I've ever read.


Basically: liberals belive their "woke" view of the world is only right one, if you don't agree with them, they are not liberal enough to let you have different opinion, rather will just attack you and call you stupid,obsolete,misogynist, racits, or any other title that will discredit you as person.

Best example: gender
How many genders exist ? Two. Last + 10 000 years. ( and hermaphrodites, who are nothing but biological deformation from biological standpoint ) Guess who , despite objective, scientifically proven facts goes against logic and literally rapes factual, objective truth, forces down troats everybody their agenda. Leiberals. Why? Because science does not apply to them, just like logical, common sense.

How long will it take until left wing starts to promote pedophilia into " they feel like kids therfore it's fine that 45 years old raped 8 months baby"? Not too long. I mean, back in 2014 NYtimes already had article how pedophilia isn't really crime, rather just disorder. When pushing envelope will become socially unacceptable? We aready know that little things like SCIENCE isn't enough to stop stupidity.

It's funny, when 35 years old male feels like a baby, he is just different and you have to take him serious, but if 35 years old male feels like a dog ( witch is literally the same) he will be locked in mental insitution...


In terms of gender, it depends on the scientific lens you're looking through. Genetically, yes, there are only the 3 types on a broad strokes level. But in the science of psychology and cognitive processing the subject has been recognised to have a broader spectrum.

The paedophilia stuff seems like a weird stone to cast, considering that the Catholic and Christian institutions have been protecting predator priests for thousands of years now. They're even politically protected these days - just look at George Pell and the conservative support he's been given. Probably because of the dirty secrets he knows of others. Scientology operate in a similar fashion, and they're widely criticized by anyone not within their ranks.

That's not to excuse people who are on the radical left and who become weirdly conservative and protectionist of what they consider to be socially conscious beliefs and values. Corrupt people find a way to milk any scenario, even if it's designed to be socially just. Communism being a strong example.

People need to be given a new way to identify. Left and Right bipartisan is too limiting. It's a broad and complex spectrum and people aren't given the option of finding their own place on that spectrum because they're forced to pick from just two sides.
User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,181
And1: 12,489
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Aaron Gordon Island
Contact:
     

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#139 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 5, 2020 5:41 am

Pedophilia? In the Jonathan Isaac thread?

The Minister would not approve. :wavefinger:
User avatar
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
Posts: 15,821
And1: 10,980
Joined: May 19, 2007
 

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#140 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Aug 5, 2020 6:14 am

You can't just say "liberals" when you're only really talking about the far left.
Image

Return to Orlando Magic