ImageImageImageImage

Woj: Isaac has torn ACL

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Re: Woj: Isaac has torn ACL 

Post#81 » by IllMagic04 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:49 pm

Its a dark day. Hopefully he can come back stronger. I hope he uses all garbage people celebrating his injury as motivation. Get well JI

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#82 » by thelead » Mon Aug 3, 2020 3:59 pm

Magic#1 wrote:I think my last post was in the game thread that said this is why Isaac came back. ... This is why us fans are wrong a lot. Whoever gave the clearance for JI to play has to feel awful. Maybe the Magic thouht we could pull an upset in the playoffs with JI, but that was unlikely at best. Next year is the first time that it seems unlikely for us to take any positive steps in development.
I'll be surprised if we don't see our same roster next year, but I can understand why others are saying to blow it up. If the '21 draft is as good as people think it will be, getting a high pick in that draft for 21-22 and with Fultz, JI and maybe Bamba is something to build on.

I was on the team for coddling as well but they have medical info that they don't release. Hell, I'm just now hearing about them 'electing' to not surgically repair the knee when it was an option in January. The official magic statement was that he wasn't ruled out for the year and that he would be reevaluated in 8 weeks. They knew what happened and fans would have understood if they pulled the plug for the rest of the year if they were more transparent. It was a freak injury but I wouldn't have let him play if I knew the true circumstances. Hell, I would have heavily been pushing for the surgery.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,033

Post#83 » by dsg2021 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:06 pm

JI will be in my prayers. Don't worry about how long it takes, 8 months or 18 months, I know he still has a lot of elite basketball ahead of him!
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#84 » by zaymon » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:15 pm

Skybox wrote:
Calinks wrote:
j_n wrote:Is an ACL tear something you fully recover from or is he never going to be the same?

I remember Ariza tore his MCL when he was with us but still went on to have a long career.

Everybody comes back from ACL tears these days. 20 years ago it was a concern but not so much anymore. I have seen several players tear it. Al Jefferson, Ricky Rubio, Zach Lavine, they all came back. Zach and Ricky have improved significantly in the time after their tears. Issac will almost certainly be fine, it just takes time.

He will probably miss about a year, be back next year but will probably struggle to play up to his old standard for most of the year. Likely around sometime late in that season he will look pretty good and start to progress past where he is now.

Right...and remember, his "prior" issue was not treated surgically, so it's not like he's just shredding scar tissue. He's out for a while, but his prognosis isn't terrible. IMO, if we can re-sign him for what he HAS been worth, we might have the deal of the century in a couple of years. He hasn't been able to contribute in a while anyway, so total rebuild is NOT necessarily the obvious response to this setback. The bigger question is "how have we become one of the most prolific offenses in the league over the last 10 or so games and what personnel moves may be warranted to a)maintain it and b)take it to the next level?

Thank you Skybox for some positivity. I think we are on the same timeline than before. We were not winning championship next year anyway.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#85 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Mon Aug 3, 2020 4:42 pm

Skin wrote:Image

I just can't keep taking this.

I should've lol'd at this, but it is an accurate representation about now. Oh, and eff you 2020.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#86 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:11 pm

Huge blow to the restart!

And i get the downturn of emotions. I was sick to my stomach watching yesterday.

But to be honest... Isaac is not the primary drive of success this season. But for sure an important cog in the machine. All of our guys are and have made their own strides from what we saw earlier in the year... and we are still going to be successful to be honest with you. Players are buying into their rolls and are being more motivated than ever. The continuity and culture discussions that many hate are beginning to show their results.

I do believe we shouldn't short change the rest of the group. BUT YES.... JI will be missed.... those 2-3 games we got of him gave so much hope for the future. Hope he rehabs well from this and comes back better than ever.... and this time.... HEALTHY and stable!

Praying for you JI!
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#87 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:19 pm

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#88 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:23 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Image

You gotta love this kind of attitude! And because of his faith... you can't help but believe that he is thinking highly of his future! Gotta love the kid!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#89 » by thelead » Mon Aug 3, 2020 5:42 pm

Fultz is my favorite player on the team but JI is the engine that can make it all work. I'm glad to see that he's in good spirits. Hopefully Markelle will be 100% by the time JI is ready to come back and and pair can take the team to the next level.
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#90 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:07 pm

thelead wrote:

Fultz is my favorite player on the team but JI is the engine that can make it all work. I'm glad to see that he's in good spirits. Hopefully Markelle will be 100% by the time JI is ready to come back and and pair can take the team to the next level.

That's a good way to look at it - if Fultz is 100% and an all star by the time JI comes back we'll have something cooking. Honestly, the rest of the current team means very little if this is this case. Considering how great the 2021-22 draft class is projected, I might be #TeamTank next season (if there is one).
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#91 » by RookieStar » Mon Aug 3, 2020 6:59 pm

I know it was against the nets and kings...however JI was not the primary reasom why e clicked on offense. Yes he is/was very.important on the bench team. He givrs us hope for the future.

So here is hoping we get back a 100% JI by next year!
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#92 » by NotACat » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Black Lives Matter
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,021

Post#93 » by Driguez » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:30 pm

NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Holy wow grammar :lol: sounds like damage control to me :dontknow:
"We all we got"- SVG
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:31 pm

NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

So it wasn't the trainers/doctors/Magic fault... Isaac just might be injury-prone? I kinda wish it were the former.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,917

Post#95 » by MagicMatic » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:35 pm

I think I’m out on Isaac. We can officially label him injury prone now. Wish him nothing but the best and that he can be a contributing factor on this team.
NotACat
Veteran

Post#96 » by NotACat » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:37 pm

Driguez wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Holy wow grammar :lol: sounds like damage control to me :dontknow:

Not sure how/when the narrative changed from our FO being too cautious about injuries to willfully getting them to play when they're at risk for injury. I can't believe there's so many fans that just actively root for this franchise to fail

swarlesbarkley wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

So it wasn't the trainers/doctors/Magic fault... Isaac just might be injury-prone? I kinda wish it were the former.

I'm still hesitant to label him as injury prone. The knee injury in January was based on a collision, this seems to caused by the mechanics of the jump. It looked exactly the same as DRose's ACL tear
Black Lives Matter
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#97 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:47 pm

swarlesbarkley wrote:
NotACat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

as hard as it is to say our best player is injury prone the way this is working out pretty much is saying that. However still hoping he can get back healthy and get past this because the dude is so gifted on and off the court.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by swarlesbarkley » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:52 pm

NotACat wrote:I'm still hesitant to label him as injury prone. The knee injury in January was based on a collision, this seems to caused by the mechanics of the jump. It looked exactly the same as DRose's ACL tear

And the ankle injuries?

I'm definitely hoping for the best and these are all unrelated terrible luck injuries, but looking at his body type - he may need to change things to how he plays/jumps to prevent future injuries. It's not like he has ever been overplayed in the NBA - he's never even played more than 30 minutes per game in his career.
Oakvillehoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,033

Post#99 » by Oakvillehoops » Mon Aug 3, 2020 7:59 pm

Honestly such devastating news. I really love Issac. Hoping for a speedy recovery for him and your team
NotACat
Veteran

Post#100 » by NotACat » Mon Aug 3, 2020 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Black Lives Matter

Return to Orlando Magic