ImageImageImageImage

2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL 

Post#61 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:51 pm

3ddman23 wrote:So the magic are gonna be the only team that had no idea about teams boycotting? Or had any inclination of potential boycotting themselves? Or talking to the bucks about doing it jointly? Lord the life of a magic fan.

Good for the bucks and the organization.

More likely the Bucks were the first team to do it and the other teams are now seeing it and are jumping on board. Though I guess it's possible the Magic were just left out of the planning, lol.
GabrielKills
Junior
And1: 41
Location: Clearance! This week future hall of famers are buy 1 get 1 free. Everything must go!

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 4:00 pm EST on NBA TV and Fox Sports FL 

Post#62 » by GabrielKills » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:55 pm

The Bucks Failed to show Magic should get the Win without question.

This is Professional Basketball, these people signed contracts for millions to play a game.
I am not saying I don’t care about social issues here but it isn’t the job of the NBA or it’s players to put social activism above the game. This is disrespectful to the game. Honestly these players are some of the most privileged people on the planet. Their very presence in the NBA making millions undercuts their own argument. If they want to advocate for social justice instead of playing ball they should retire and go be a social commentator. This bull is gotten way out of control, sport should be a safe place where people can just leave politics alone and compete. The media is getting everyone pissed at each other so bad that it is starting to ruin sports. That is the real outrage here... That is the REAL injustice here, nobody is going to be on trial for that.
John Gabriel- a Magic Man

"franchise players disappear, right before your very eyes"
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#63 » by TheGlyde » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

Some chance the Magic players just wanted to get this game done so they could go home and see their families.

All well and good for the Bucks to protest when they are looking at another month plus in the bubble.

The Magic players could have been sleeping in their own beds tonight, I think you have to factor that into their decision to take the court
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,411

Post#64 » by UCFJayBird » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:56 pm

GabrielKills wrote:The Bucks Failed to show Magic should get the Win without question.

This is Professional Basketball, these people signed contracts for millions to play a game.
I am not saying I don’t care about social issues here but it isn’t the job of the NBA or it’s players to put social activism above the game. This is disrespectful to the game. Honestly these players are some of the most privileged people on the planet. Their very presence in the NBA making millions undercuts their own argument. If they want to advocate for social justice instead of playing ball they should retire and go be a social commentator. This bull is gotten way out of control, sport should be a safe place where people can just leave politics alone and compete. The media is getting everyone pissed at each other so bad that it is starting to ruin sports. That is the real outrage here... That is the REAL injustice here, nobody is going to be on trial for that.

"shut up and dribble"
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 759

Post#65 » by Tarheel » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:58 pm

GabrielKills wrote:The Bucks Failed to show Magic should get the Win without question.

Good lord.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,528

Post#66 » by Furinkazan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:58 pm

I think no team should play a game ever again.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#67 » by RookieStar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:59 pm

basketballRob wrote:It would've been nice to get a heads up yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

LOL. Same here.. I slept early to wake up early for this beat-do.. i mean game.

BTW, what happens next? Did we win? Did it get delayed? etc etc
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#68 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 pm

The Magic chose not to accept the Bucks forfeit so we will not be awarded with a win. I have no idea if this means the game will now be postponed. I assume it will be.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#69 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:04 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:Soooooooo??? do we go 3-2 now....? lol

The Magic refused to accept Milwaukee's forfeit. It remains 3-1.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,326

Post#70 » by PrimeThyme » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:05 pm

Read on Twitter

There you go.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#71 » by RookieStar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:The Magic chose not to accept the Bucks forfeit so we will not be awarded with a win. I have no idea if this means the game will now be postponed. I assume it will be.

What does that really mean? Not accepting the forfeit? did that happen in the NCAA or other leagues before?
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,113

Post#72 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Read on Twitter
GabrielKills
Junior
And1: 41
Location: Clearance! This week future hall of famers are buy 1 get 1 free. Everything must go!

Post#73 » by GabrielKills » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm

This board along with the rest of the country has gone super soft. Some of you are congratulating the organization for refusing to play. This is the kind of attitude that will be the end of professional sports as we know it.

Players should play the game. Even if their feelings are hurt. This is still a business that sells a product. That is why they get paid millions of dollars.

I know I am going to get flamed in here I don’t care. Disagreeing with me so you can feel like a good person if you want to, but tolerating this type of behavior is BAD BUSINESS for the NBA. The league will be weaker for this, that is a fact.
John Gabriel- a Magic Man

"franchise players disappear, right before your very eyes"
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#74 » by Max Power » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:07 pm

You’ve got to respect the moxey of the Bucks players for boycotting the game for an important cause but there is a double edge sword here too. I agree with some of what Gabriel says here. I think we’re reaching a point where activism could ruin sports, as it’s supposed to be an escape. I agree that some thing needs to change in this country is terms of race relations, especially with incidents with law enforcement. But at what point does the social justice fatigue set in? I think we’re starting to see signs. I for one haven’t watched much of the game because I’m tired of being preached too by media and athletes. It doesn’t mean I’m not supportive of the greater goal, but it’s hard to enjoy a leisure activity when you’re sort of being chastised the whole time. So I’ve stayed away outside of just reading results this year.

A question I have is do the Magic get a forfeit win here? Contractually I think it’s appropriate. The Magic were pros and showed up.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#75 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm

This is so stupid. If we're going to go to these lengths anytime a perceived injustice happens, just disband the league. We certainly can't play any games with what's going on in China right now, that's an outrage. I'm sure Lebron's got my back on this, he's a true champion of justice.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,101

Post#76 » by Magic#1 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm

GabrielKills wrote:This board along with the rest of the country has gone super soft. Some of you are congratulating the organization for refusing to play. This is the kind of attitude that will be the end of professional sports as we know it.

Players should play the game. Even if their feelings are hurt. This is still a business that sells a product. That is why they get paid millions of dollars.

I know I am going to get flamed in here I don’t care. Disagreeing with me so you can feel like a good person if you want to, but tolerating this type of behavior is BAD BUSINESS for the NBA. The league will be weaker for this, that is a fact.

If standing for human life and dignity can destroy any organization, then maybe it should be destroyed. Professional athletes are safe when they are playing their games. Then many of them are black women and men who the moment they step outside and they are not safe. And many of their friends and family are never safe.

P.S. This won't destroy professional sports. This is athletes refusing to be rich owners play things.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,770

Post#77 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:12 pm

GabrielKills wrote:This board along with the rest of the country has gone super soft. Some of you are congratulating the organization for refusing to play. This is the kind of attitude that will be the end of professional sports as we know it.

No flaming from me, I'm with you on this. The virtue signaling has gone too far.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#78 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:15 pm

This Country is going in the toilet. That's for sure. People out here supporting someone with an arrest warrant for Sexual Assault. Gotta love it. Never came so close to abandoning a sport as I am right now. I've been enduring the BLM bs that they've been shoving down our throats, but it's starting to get too much.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#79 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:17 pm

I stand with you too. Those of us that do will be vilified. As a Conservative, I'm used to it already, so don't care if I am at this point.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 759

Post#80 » by Tarheel » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:19 pm

‘Activism will ruin sports’

No. The acts of racist violence that move people to activism will ruin sports.

Some things are more important than your selfish desire to escape your day to day by watching basketball.

Blaming those rising up against the oppression of their people only exposes your own selfishness and ignorance.

Return to Orlando Magic