ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#1 » by TheGlyde » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Basketball talk...

Well kinda :dontknow:

Having had many hamstring strains in my athletic career, I figured the original timelines were not accurate... Usually it would be 2-3weeks of full rest and then managing a return to running... Could be 6 weeks before you are able to sprint again at full speed and that is if you don't aggravate it during rehab and testing it.

It's been 3+ weeks now but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

Anyway... Have we seen the last of AG in a Magic uniform?
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,788

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#2 » by RookieStar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 pm

wow Thanks Lowry. Here I thought we make the series decent with AG
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#3 » by KillMonger » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 pm

TheGlyde wrote:
Read on Twitter

Basketball talk...

Having had many hamstring strains in my athletic career, I figured the original timelines were not accurate... Usually it would be 2-3weeks of full rest and then managing a return to running... Could be 6 weeks before you are able to sprint again at full speed and that is if you don't aggravate it during rehab and testing it.

It's been 3+ weeks not but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

There is a good chance this might be the case....he's been on the block before with hennigan.....We almost traded him at the deadline this past feb but we didn't get our asking price.....there has been smoke with other teams being interested in him.....at the very least i assumed he's being shopped regardless of the isaac situation, that's what i would think a gm would do in this situation.....most people would think since JI went down that would close the door on AG being traded....i don't think so
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#4 » by The Effect » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 am

KillMonger wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:
Read on Twitter

Basketball talk...

It's been 3+ weeks not but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

There is a good chance this might be the case....he's been on the block before with hennigan.....We almost traded him at the deadline this past feb but we didn't get our asking price.....there has been smoke with other teams being interested in him.....at the very least i assumed he's being shopped regardless of the isaac situation, that's what i would think a gm would do in this situation.....most people would think since JI went down that would close the door on AG being traded....i don't think so

Bringing up hennigan....wonder if he would want to trade for him?
I dont understand his role in OKC (vice president of insight and foresight???) but wonder if he would be interested, and able to convince presti to trade for him?

Looking at the thunder roster, theres only 2 guys on the roster that would interest me, and only one id give up AG for, but pretty sure the thunder would say no, but if could somehow trade AG for SGA...... :o

Thunder could role our a lineup of Adams\gordon\gallo\dort\paul and still be a playoff team next year and the defense with paul\adams\dort\gordon would be one of the better defenses in the league

Now they probably wouldnt it, but what if we could swing, AG\15 for SGA\25.... :pray:

And the only other guy id like on OKC is bazley incase anyone was wondering :lol:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#5 » by MagicMatic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:26 am

J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,214

Post#6 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 am

It was nice of him to hang around but he should indeed be home resting. He was not gonna play and the series is over. Not worth risking his health
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#7 » by dsg2021 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 am

Rest up and get better AG, no need to risk your health. We need you 100% for next year.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#8 » by Skin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:43 am

Might've been the last we've seen of AG in a Magic uniform.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#9 » by Bensational » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:25 am

This is the slowest radio play ever.
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#10 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 am

It's a shame what Kyle Lowry did.

We very well might have seen the last of Aaron Gordon in a Magic uniform though.

Jonathan Isaac's injury could be a factor in delaying that but the Magic need to think about this team going around and do not think Aaron Gordon is in their plans.

They could move Gordon and get a temporary option at 4 for a season or maybe spot start Aminu, get a backup and go small.

The Magic should look at all options as they will not be a Championship Contender next season.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#11 » by drsd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:45 am

MagicMatic wrote:Image

and-1

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#12 » by zaymon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#13 » by OrlandoSaban » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 pm

this fourm software f sucks -
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#14 » by fendilim » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm

What events?

But damn, there goes our chance to win the series.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#15 » by SD2042 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 pm

zaymon wrote:I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.

What can both teams offer for AG if the Magic were to take calls from both teams?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#16 » by Knightro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 am

SD2042 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.

What can both teams offer for AG if the Magic were to take calls from both teams?

I really don't think the offers are going to be as good as people think.

I don't think there's any chance either team offers the 1st or 2nd pick.

James Johnson's expiring + Jarrett Culver + 17th pick for Aaron Gordon + Khem Birch is something I would definitely do.

Not sure if Minnesota would, but I would.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,526

Post#17 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:44 pm

fendilim wrote:What events?

But damn, there goes our chance to win the series.

I think they are talking about the boycott. Anyway they never had a chance regardless, lol.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,526

Post#18 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:47 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Rest up and get better AG, no need to risk your health. We need you 100% for next year.

If he comes back lol.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,969

Post#19 » by KillMonger » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:06 am

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,177

Post#20 » by cedric76 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 am

His last game with the magic uniform for sure