ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,765
And1: 496
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
Location: Retire #25!
 

Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#1 » by TheGlyde » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter


Basketball talk...

Well kinda :dontknow:

Having had many hamstring strains in my athletic career, I figured the original timelines were not accurate... Usually it would be 2-3weeks of full rest and then managing a return to running... Could be 6 weeks before you are able to sprint again at full speed and that is if you don't aggravate it during rehab and testing it.

It's been 3+ weeks now but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

Anyway... Have we seen the last of AG in a Magic uniform?
Orlando Magic Historian
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 8,724
And1: 1,563
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#2 » by RookieStar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:11 pm

wow Thanks Lowry. Here I thought we make the series decent with AG
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 4,895
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#3 » by KillMonger » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:50 pm

TheGlyde wrote:
Read on Twitter


Basketball talk...

Well kinda :dontknow:

Having had many hamstring strains in my athletic career, I figured the original timelines were not accurate... Usually it would be 2-3weeks of full rest and then managing a return to running... Could be 6 weeks before you are able to sprint again at full speed and that is if you don't aggravate it during rehab and testing it.

It's been 3+ weeks not but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

Anyway... Have we seen the last of AG in a Magic uniform?

There is a good chance this might be the case....he's been on the block before with hennigan.....We almost traded him at the deadline this past feb but we didn't get our asking price.....there has been smoke with other teams being interested in him.....at the very least i assumed he's being shopped regardless of the isaac situation, that's what i would think a gm would do in this situation.....most people would think since JI went down that would close the door on AG being traded....i don't think so
Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 2,799
And1: 875
Joined: Jul 09, 2004

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#4 » by The Effect » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:19 am

KillMonger wrote:
TheGlyde wrote:
Read on Twitter


Basketball talk...

Well kinda :dontknow:

Having had many hamstring strains in my athletic career, I figured the original timelines were not accurate... Usually it would be 2-3weeks of full rest and then managing a return to running... Could be 6 weeks before you are able to sprint again at full speed and that is if you don't aggravate it during rehab and testing it.

It's been 3+ weeks not but he hasn't been doing full rest hes been testing it out constantly...

Anyway... Have we seen the last of AG in a Magic uniform?

There is a good chance this might be the case....he's been on the block before with hennigan.....We almost traded him at the deadline this past feb but we didn't get our asking price.....there has been smoke with other teams being interested in him.....at the very least i assumed he's being shopped regardless of the isaac situation, that's what i would think a gm would do in this situation.....most people would think since JI went down that would close the door on AG being traded....i don't think so


Bringing up hennigan....wonder if he would want to trade for him?
I dont understand his role in OKC (vice president of insight and foresight???) but wonder if he would be interested, and able to convince presti to trade for him?

Looking at the thunder roster, theres only 2 guys on the roster that would interest me, and only one id give up AG for, but pretty sure the thunder would say no, but if could somehow trade AG for SGA...... :o

Thunder could role our a lineup of Adams\gordon\gallo\dort\paul and still be a playoff team next year and the defense with paul\adams\dort\gordon would be one of the better defenses in the league

Now they probably wouldnt it, but what if we could swing, AG\15 for SGA\25.... :pray:

And the only other guy id like on OKC is bazley incase anyone was wondering :lol:
User avatar
MagicMatic
Head Coach
Posts: 6,448
And1: 6,355
Joined: May 30, 2016
 

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#5 » by MagicMatic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:26 am

Image
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 19,721
And1: 2,117
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#6 » by J-Mezzy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 am

It was nice of him to hang around but he should indeed be home resting. He was not gonna play and the series is over. Not worth risking his health
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
dsg2021
Veteran
Posts: 2,930
And1: 811
Joined: Jul 07, 2009
   

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#7 » by dsg2021 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 am

Rest up and get better AG, no need to risk your health. We need you 100% for next year.
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,368
And1: 7,154
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#8 » by Skin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:43 am

Might've been the last we've seen of AG in a Magic uniform.
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,216
And1: 8,905
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
     

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#9 » by Bensational » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:25 am

This is the slowest radio play ever.
User avatar
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 58,365
And1: 12,052
Joined: Feb 20, 2001
Location: Longwood, Florida
Contact:
       

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#10 » by Howard Mass » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:49 am

It's a shame what Kyle Lowry did.

We very well might have seen the last of Aaron Gordon in a Magic uniform though.

Jonathan Isaac's injury could be a factor in delaying that but the Magic need to think about this team going around and do not think Aaron Gordon is in their plans.

They could move Gordon and get a temporary option at 4 for a season or maybe spot start Aminu, get a backup and go small.

The Magic should look at all options as they will not be a Championship Contender next season.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
User avatar
drsd
RealGM
Posts: 28,184
And1: 4,537
Joined: Mar 16, 2003
     

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#11 » by drsd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:45 am

MagicMatic wrote:Image



and-1



..
zaymon
Starter
Posts: 2,333
And1: 1,251
Joined: Jul 01, 2015
   

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#12 » by zaymon » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.
Bold Predictions:
1. Deandre Ayton biggest disappointment of 2018 draft.
2. Nick Nurse becomes Orlando Magic Head Coach. (15.04.2018)
OrlandoSaban
Sophomore
Posts: 211
And1: 97
Joined: Apr 12, 2018
     

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#13 » by OrlandoSaban » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:23 pm

this fourm software f sucks -
User avatar
fendilim
RealGM
Posts: 27,371
And1: 3,496
Joined: Jun 11, 2002
Location: 孫悟空, 时间太?!

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#14 » by fendilim » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm

What events?

But damn, there goes our chance to win the series.
Image
User avatar
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Posts: 23,711
And1: 1,907
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
   

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#15 » by SD2042 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:53 pm

zaymon wrote:I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.



What can both teams offer for AG if the Magic were to take calls from both teams?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,067
And1: 9,007
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#16 » by Knightro » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:58 am

SD2042 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I think its very likely that he is gone. Our best case scenario is trade war between GSW and Wolves. Wolves want him to salvage their defense, catch lobs from Dlo and pass to open KAT while gsw want him to defend jumbo initiators in the playoffs and increase the value of 2021 wolves frp by making wolves worse.



What can both teams offer for AG if the Magic were to take calls from both teams?


I really don't think the offers are going to be as good as people think.

I don't think there's any chance either team offers the 1st or 2nd pick.

James Johnson's expiring + Jarrett Culver + 17th pick for Aaron Gordon + Khem Birch is something I would definitely do.

Not sure if Minnesota would, but I would.
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 1,593
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#17 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:44 pm

fendilim wrote:What events?

But damn, there goes our chance to win the series.


I think they are talking about the boycott. Anyway they never had a chance regardless, lol.
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 1,593
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#18 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:47 pm

dsg2021 wrote:Rest up and get better AG, no need to risk your health. We need you 100% for next year.


If he comes back lol.
User avatar
KillMonger
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 4,895
Joined: Oct 13, 2012
     

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#19 » by KillMonger » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:06 am

Image

FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA....... FREE AG...... FREE HEZONJA
cedric76
RealGM
Posts: 12,881
And1: 2,377
Joined: May 28, 2005

Re: Aaron Gordon Leaves the Bubble 

Post#20 » by cedric76 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 am

His last game with the magic uniform for sure
Prediction : weham will draft AARON NESMITH

AG for Johnson+culver+#17
use #17 to gamble on kopusevski (keep him oversee)


**** load of money under the cap for summer 2021

Core of the Future: Fultz, culver, chuma, JI, Mo, Kopusevski and AARON NESMITH

Return to Orlando Magic