ImageImageImageImage

2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO)

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

User avatar
ReadyOrlando
Pro Prospect
Posts: 927
And1: 110
Joined: Jul 06, 2004
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#101 » by ReadyOrlando » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:40 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:Given how young Markelle is, I am not ready to give up on him just yet but I am concerned that he isn't the alpha that I thought he would be. Maybe he grows into that. He has a lot to work on. Hopefully he puts that work in.

I'm hoping that he learned from playing against Bledsoe. That's exactly the type of player that he needs to be.
User avatar
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 44,733
And1: 24,467
Joined: Dec 11, 2006
Location: 트와이스
     

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#102 » by SOUL » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 pm

For all the injuries not a terrible season but just boring and uninspiring and again, doesn't have a great ceiling. Would like to see changes. Not "blow it all up entirely" sort of changes but we need to move on from a few players.
magicman112
Head Coach
Posts: 7,133
And1: 1,830
Joined: Oct 31, 2001
     

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#103 » by magicman112 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 pm

Anfernee1 wrote:
magicman112 wrote:One and done once again. This front office has to go they're content with just making the playoffs every year.


And what is wrong with that? You rather not make the playoffs every year?

Not to make the playoffs and go out in the first round every year should have been more specific. Thats worse than being a bad team. But that's how our GM did it in Milwaukee.
Bonafide89
Junior
Posts: 282
And1: 160
Joined: Apr 12, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#104 » by Bonafide89 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:50 pm

ReadyOrlando wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Given how young Markelle is, I am not ready to give up on him just yet but I am concerned that he isn't the alpha that I thought he would be. Maybe he grows into that. He has a lot to work on. Hopefully he puts that work in.

I'm hoping that he learned from playing against Bledsoe. That's exactly the type of player that he needs to be.
He was that Alpha in college. It didn't lead much to team success at Washington but I am still hopeful, because this was essentially his rookie year.

He has admitted that he is getting his confidence back. Its just going to take some time. He still exceeded my expectations for this season....especially since by this time last year, people still didn't know if he would be playing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 22,668
And1: 8,460
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#105 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:51 pm

Rainwater wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Lol at this tread. It seemed like the magic didn't care and nor did their friends.


I'm not really surprised. The forfeit on Wednesday I'm sure turned a lot of people off along with the fact we stood no chance against this team with how we are currently built. I just didn't expect it to be this bad lol.


I completely agree, and that is not to say what the players did was wrong.


For sure. The players are well within their right to do what they feel is necessary. Just don't expect everybody to see it the same way.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 1,593
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#106 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
I'm not really surprised. The forfeit on Wednesday I'm sure turned a lot of people off along with the fact we stood no chance against this team with how we are currently built. I just didn't expect it to be this bad lol.


I completely agree, and that is not to say what the players did was wrong.


For sure. The players are well within their right to do what they feel is necessary. Just don't expect everybody to see it the same way.


Truth
Bonafide89
Junior
Posts: 282
And1: 160
Joined: Apr 12, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#107 » by Bonafide89 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:58 pm

penny_nz wrote:Jeff Van Gundy on the Orlando Magic:

- “This may be the most limited offensive team in the playoffs that you’ve ever seen”

He's not wrong, and the players we're missing are hardly offensive juggernauts or high calibre shooters. FO has GOT to start focussing on offensive talent
And this would be the time to try and swing for an impactful trade. Right now with this roster, the ceiling is no higher than maybe 6 seed and a possible 2nd round. And that still sounds like a reach.

And that's not going to cut it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
MasterGMer
Pro Prospect
Posts: 984
And1: 129
Joined: Dec 09, 2011
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#109 » by MasterGMer » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:05 pm

When is the draft? Does FA and trade happen on draft day?
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,368
And1: 10,831
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#110 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:06 pm

I honestly have nothing but respect for the Bucks. Giannis is one of the most likable superstars I can remember and I root for small market teams like theirs who have developed players the right way and built a contender. I don't see them winning it all, but I could certainly see them making it to the finish line and having a real shot at one.

Our future is not so bright, unfortunately. I don't see the hope, or the ceiling to even get out of the first round. We will see what moves they make this offseason, but if they aren't major, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

It's time to take some sort of risk.
Image
Bonafide89
Junior
Posts: 282
And1: 160
Joined: Apr 12, 2018

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#111 » by Bonafide89 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:09 pm

Rainwater wrote:
The Effect wrote:
magicman112 wrote:One and done once again. This front office has to go they're content with just making the playoffs every year.

Hope clifford is the first one gone. You seen no gameplan, no plays, nothing

I can probably count on one hand how many successful out of bounds plays. Hes rotations are an absolute joke. and honestly, has ANYONE improved the past 2 years? seems like everyone besides vuc has regressed, alot.
Fultz development has bothered me the most. You literally saw no improvement from him from game 1 to today, he was given no more responsibility given to him, and even down 3-1, clifford still featured DJ for most of this game, why?? what does that accomplish long term??

Ill be very disappointed if clifford, DJ and evan are here next year. Weham too, but id be fine giving them one more year


I truly can not blame Cliff. He may not be a good coach but there is no talent on this team and he has gotten them to playoffs twice where other coaches have failed with basically the same roster. At some point you need to stop blaming the coach and start blaming those who have given him the roster.

The team has no star talent for god sakes.
Cliff needs to get more credit than he does. People say he doesn't develop players but that is not true.

Kemba Walker credits much of his success to Cliff. Vooch has certainly developed under Cliff. Isaac too. Even Gordon to an extent. He found the perfect role for TRoss. Fultz's career has been resurrected.

Cliff is not the GM. He has no control over this limited roster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 1,593
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#112 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Bonafide89 wrote:
penny_nz wrote:Jeff Van Gundy on the Orlando Magic:

- “This may be the most limited offensive team in the playoffs that you’ve ever seen”

He's not wrong, and the players we're missing are hardly offensive juggernauts or high calibre shooters. FO has GOT to start focussing on offensive talent
And this would be the time to try and swing for an impactful trade. Right now with this roster, the ceiling is no higher than maybe 6 seed and a possible 2nd round. And that still sounds like a reach.

And that's not going to cut it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app


This is a reach. The magic are not better than the 7 playoffs teams ahead of them and there is a good chance the magic might not make the playoffs next year with how good the young Hawks look late and depending how good Wall looks in his return.
Rainwater
Analyst
Posts: 3,053
And1: 1,593
Joined: Apr 02, 2017

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#113 » by Rainwater » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Bonafide89 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
The Effect wrote:Hope clifford is the first one gone. You seen no gameplan, no plays, nothing

I can probably count on one hand how many successful out of bounds plays. Hes rotations are an absolute joke. and honestly, has ANYONE improved the past 2 years? seems like everyone besides vuc has regressed, alot.
Fultz development has bothered me the most. You literally saw no improvement from him from game 1 to today, he was given no more responsibility given to him, and even down 3-1, clifford still featured DJ for most of this game, why?? what does that accomplish long term??

Ill be very disappointed if clifford, DJ and evan are here next year. Weham too, but id be fine giving them one more year


I truly can not blame Cliff. He may not be a good coach but there is no talent on this team and he has gotten them to playoffs twice where other coaches have failed with basically the same roster. At some point you need to stop blaming the coach and start blaming those who have given him the roster.

The team has no star talent for god sakes.
Cliff needs to get more credit than he does. People say he doesn't develop players but that is not true.

Kemba Walker credits much of his success to Cliff. Vooch has certainly developed under Cliff. Isaac too. Even Gordon to an extent. He found the perfect role for TRoss. Fultz's career has been resurrected.

Cliff is not the GM. He has no control over this limited roster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app


I don't know about giving him credit for development but I can't real blame him for how poorly this team has played.
User avatar
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 22,668
And1: 8,460
Joined: Sep 09, 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#114 » by ChosenSavior » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:44 pm

Cliff is what he is. He did a great job last year and was subpar this season. Started to pick it up a bit after the All-Star break but then COVID hit and completely disrupted any sort of rhythm that was being built. I have been crapping on him during this series but I realized that there is only so much he can do with a depleted/flawed roster. I personally don't think he is the long term answer for us but in order to really judge him, we have to improve the talent level on this team somehow.

"Running it back" cannot be an option.
Image

Props to BrunoSkull once again...
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
Posts: 32,254
And1: 8,302
Joined: Sep 16, 2003
Location: Winter Garden, FL
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#115 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:34 am

I was satisfied with the way the team competed. We were so severely overmatched, it's kind of laughable, the gap in talent is so large and when you add all the guys we had out, the fact we won a game and had one game close in the 4th and this one was a 3pt game with 7 mins left was rather remarkable. With that said..... if this teams front office doesn't add 3pt shooters in the off-season and scoring....after seeing how poor the offense was at times.....maybe one day this team will play like a modern team...

I got to give Cliff credit, he got this extremely flawed team to win a game and be somewhat competitive against the potential championship team.
aka: prorl
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 2,759
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#116 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:15 am

zaymon wrote:I am proud of our team right now.

Not shocked at this post :lol: :lol:
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
User avatar
MartinsIzAfraud
Analyst
Posts: 3,394
And1: 2,759
Joined: Mar 07, 2017
Location: Work
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#117 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:20 am

zaymon wrote:
The Effect wrote:
magicman112 wrote:One and done once again. This front office has to go they're content with just making the playoffs every year.

Hope clifford is the first one gone. You seen gameplan, no plays, nothing

I can probably count on one hand how many successful out of bounds plays. Hes rotations are an absolute joke. and honestly, has ANYONE improved the past 2 years? seems like everyone besides vuc has regressed, alot.
Fultz development has bothered me the most. You literally saw no improvement from him from game 1 to today, he was given no more responsibility given to him, and even down 3-1, clifford still featured DJ for most of this game, why?? what does that accomplish long term??

Ill be very disappointed if clifford, DJ and evan are here next year. Weham too, but id be fine giving them one more year

Fultz, Fournier, Isaac, Vucevic, Dj, Ross and Bamba improved. Talking about rotations with our player pool must be a joke right ? I think team played hard all series. I am very pleased with the work he has done with this personel.


It’s ok you can take the FO balls out of your throat now.
LONG LENGTHY ATHLETIC... CAN’T SHOOT
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#118 » by pepe1991 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:31 am

I think whole season was uber-boring and long. It's almost autumn and season didn't even ended yet. Not just from Magic perspective. Looking how many people tuned NBA off it's a pattern. Regular season never means much, but with this " allstar " level of defensive effort, most of the games are shootouts and bore to watch.
I have never watched less playoff games in last 15 years. This year there was some random soccer game i prefered over playoffs.

Bubble thing is interesting, but without fans i can't get emotionally invested at all.
Whole political aspect turns me,as fan, even more off. Bunch of overpayed, overgrown men-childs prodigies, who were money- projects from the day they turned 14, who live in their fantasy world,fed with golden spoon most of the lifes , who teachers didn't even bother to challenge from highschool to 1 year of college lecturing people about equality, when they were never equal to other kids to being with. ( I went to school with sevreral kids- turned pros, they never had same treatment as other kids, always had special benefits, so it's not just USA thing ).

As Orlando fan, there is not much to say about season.
Fultz played healthy season. Bamba played bit better. That's pretty much it.
Vuc had solid season but not like previous one, Evan had solid regular season, Gordon had pretty bad season.
MCW had second best season, for whatever it's worth.

:dontknow.

Direction is unkwnwn, draft decision will be interesting to follow. Will they trade any major asset? Main issue is that Magic still do not have young ( or in his prime) star to develop into anything great. And that kills any hope for amazing future.

As for rest of 2019-20 season, just end it already. I don't even care who will win at this stage. I'll just root for Bucks for sake of having any emotional investment into basketball.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
MagicFrenchie
Senior
Posts: 666
And1: 783
Joined: May 17, 2018
Location: Paris
 

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#119 » by MagicFrenchie » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Haven't watched a single minute of this series nor small highlights and I ain't even bothered.
This is how much I care about this boring team.
Hopefully Vucevic stock has risen and we czn package him with his wife the bald french living frie Fournier.
Anfernee1
Sophomore
Posts: 182
And1: 140
Joined: Jul 14, 2020
   

Re: 2020 NBA Playoffs RD 1 GM 5- Orlando Magic vs Milwaukee Bucks (3-1) 3:30 pm EST on ESPN and Fox Sports FL (THE REDO) 

Post#120 » by Anfernee1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:18 pm

zaymon wrote:
The Effect wrote:
magicman112 wrote:One and done once again. This front office has to go they're content with just making the playoffs every year.

Hope clifford is the first one gone. You seen gameplan, no plays, nothing

I can probably count on one hand how many successful out of bounds plays. Hes rotations are an absolute joke. and honestly, has ANYONE improved the past 2 years? seems like everyone besides vuc has regressed, alot.
Fultz development has bothered me the most. You literally saw no improvement from him from game 1 to today, he was given no more responsibility given to him, and even down 3-1, clifford still featured DJ for most of this game, why?? what does that accomplish long term??

Ill be very disappointed if clifford, DJ and evan are here next year. Weham too, but id be fine giving them one more year

Fultz, Fournier, Isaac, Vucevic, Dj, Ross and Bamba improved. Talking about rotations with our player pool must be a joke right ? I think team played hard all series. I am very pleased with the work he has done with this personel.


I have not seen anything in Fournier and Bamba to make me think they both improved

Return to Orlando Magic