ImageImageImageImage

Giannis? And Harden? Maybe...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Giannis? And Harden? Maybe... 

Post#1 » by MasterGMer » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:26 am

According to Clutchpoints.com, Giannis has unfollowed all his teammates on Instagram. On the same day, he met with Buck's Owner. But not sure if it is before or after the unfollowing spree.

Rumors are swirling that he might be traded or leave Milwaukee. and almost all the 29 NBA Franchise are interested in this drama.

I know it will be a long shot for Magic to make a proposal to trade for Giannis, since we don't have the pieces to keep him stay.

So I created this thread to follow Giannis story specifically.

And I hope for a Miracle, somehow!
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Re: Giannis Blockbuster? 

Post#2 » by j-ragg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:57 am

I guess he deletes everyone from social media every summer. Doesn’t really seem like a big story. He said a few days ago he wasn’t gonna ask out.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,918

Post#3 » by MagicMatic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:45 am

Not happening.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#4 » by Bensational » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 am

Yeah, seems like a big 180 after saying he was going to sign. I'd love the drama of it all if he did suddenly end up on the market.

Maybe he's unfollowing the team because he doesn't know who will be back next season?
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#5 » by Skin » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:00 am

He's going to Miami and we are going to continue to be their little bitch.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#6 » by fendilim » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:38 am

If WeHam lands Giannis from the Bucks with the assets that we have, building a shrine for the two wont be enough. LOL
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#7 » by RookieStar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:09 am

fendilim wrote:If WeHam lands Giannis from the Bucks with the assets that we have, building a shrine for the two wont be enough. LOL

If that happens, I'll e the first to topple down the Diener Bandwagon Shrine and replace it with a golden statue of the 2.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,174

Post#8 » by Kent » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:24 am

I mean, this is 2020. If something crazy was going to happen for our team in this wild world we live in this year, this would be it.

So just because it's fun...

Let's say WeHam and the Bucks make a trade, involve other teams, and the Magic end up with Giannis...

Before you question why other teams would help us, consider that the economic climate probably causes teams to make some moves to save money...

Beyond saving money, other teams' moves — including those teams helping to facilitate this trade — do so because they don't believe Orlando will convince Giannis to resign at season's end. In other words, they make their moves in anticipation of trying to sign Giannis when he officially becomes a UFA.

Granted, we're talking about a high-risk move during a season that may not even feature paying customers to watch The Greek Freak regardless where he plays, including Amway Center.

But could this happen, in theory? Why not?

(edited for clarification by adding last sentence in third-to-last paragraph)
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#9 » by j-ragg » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Kent wrote:Let's say WeHam and the Bucks make a trade, involve other teams, and the Magic end up with Giannis...

Before you question why other teams would help us, consider that the economic climate probably causes teams to make some moves to save money...

Beyond saving money, other teams' moves — including those teams helping to facilitate this trade — do so because they don't believe Orlando will convince Giannis to resign at season's end. In other words, they make their moves in anticipation of trying to sign Giannis when he officially becomes a UFA.

Granted, we're talking about a high-risk move during a season that may not even feature paying customers to watch The Greek Freak regardless where he plays, including Amway Center.

But could this happen, in theory? Why not?

(edited for clarification by adding last sentence in third-to-last paragraph)

Honestly... I think other teams would put together (rental) packages that would still blow ours away. Our conservative FO isn't going to offer much anyway but even if they did. We don't have an A+ trade chip or even a B+ trade chip, even if Giannis was ready to sign long term right away once we acquired him.

But I'd guess if we HAD to make a joke of an offer we'd do Aaron Gordon + Mo Bamba + 15 + Chuma + 2 future firsts?

DJ (re-signed ugh)
Evan (opted in)
Ross
Giannis
Vuc

even if 2020 was on steroids I couldn't see it happening.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#10 » by MagicFan101 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Kent wrote:I mean, this is 2020. If something crazy was going to happen for our team in this wild world we live in this year, this would be it.

But 2020 is not the year of crazy GOOD things ...

If something crazy happened in 2020 for Orlando it would be more like:

- Magic trade for Giannis

- Devos family immediately sells high on the franchise to an investment group who moves the team to LA for their 3rd team

- LA Magic wins 3 straight titles

- for their 3rd title Grant Hill comes out of retirement to play a key role and earn a ring
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,918

Post#11 » by MagicMatic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Maybe we can land Kawhi and Doncic too. Where’s the 2k force trade button?
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#12 » by MagicStarwipe » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:39 am

I've always felt he was more a Lillard type than a Durant type. I think he stays and tries to get it done in Milwaukee.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,272

Post#13 » by pepe1991 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:35 am

He is type of player you sell arena, owner, owner's wife and all side chicks for.
Still not gonna happen :lol:

If he leaves, he goes to Miami or Golden State.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#14 » by drsd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:28 am

MasterGMer wrote:and almost all the 29 NBA Franchise are interested in this drama.

"almost". Really?

He is a top3 player already and will probably be best player in the NBA in 2-4 years. He has a skill set consistent with "Future Hall of Famer".

For Orlando, the team would trades its roster for his rights. There are only about 10 players in the NBA that would not be part of a trade package for Antetokounmpo.

Let me give an extreme example: would the Lakers trade James for Antetokounmpo? Maybe.

My list of players that cannot be part of a Antetokounmpo trade is: Harden, Dončić, A. Davis, Leonard, Jokić, Z. Williamson,T. Young, and J. Butler. That's it. But would any of the teams that have the rights to said players trade the rest of their roster for Antetokounmpo.

For me: yes.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#15 » by tiderulz » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 pm

drsd wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:and almost all the 29 NBA Franchise are interested in this drama.

"almost". Really?

He is a top3 player already and will probably be best player in the NBA in 2-4 years. He has a skill set consistent with "Future Hall of Famer".

For Orlando, the team would trades its roster for his rights. There are only about 10 players in the NBA that would not be part of a trade package for Antetokounmpo.

Let me give an extreme example: would the Lakers trade James for Antetokounmpo? Maybe.

My list of players that cannot be part of a Antetokounmpo trade is: Harden, Dončić, A. Davis, Leonard, Jokić, Z. Williamson,T. Young, and J. Butler. That's it. But would any of the teams that have the rights to said players trade the rest of their roster for Antetokounmpo.

For me: yes.

im not completely sure about that. He is a horrible outside shooter. teams can neutralize him just by putting people in the lane to block his drives. That is his bread and butter play, use his athleticism to get near the basket and slam dunk it. incredible athleticism, bad shooter.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,611

Post#16 » by Skybox » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 pm

I like this deal...plus, we still have the MLE to sign Anthony Davis
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#17 » by MagicFan101 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Skybox wrote:I like this deal...plus, we still have the MLE to sign Anthony Davis

The FULL MLE on Davis? That’s rich man. In the Covid free-agent market you need to be wise with your $$.

Brandon Ingram can be a free-agent this summer as well and is really starting to come into his own as a scorer. I say split the MLE between Davis and Ingram and call it an off-season.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,611

Post#18 » by Skybox » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:13 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Skybox wrote:I like this deal...plus, we still have the MLE to sign Anthony Davis

The FULL MLE on Davis? That’s rich man. In the Covid free-agent market you need to be wise with your $$.

Brandon Ingram can be a free-agent this summer as well and is really starting to come into his own as a scorer. I say split the MLE between Davis and Ingram and call it an off-season.

the more the merrier
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#19 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 pm

We have an irrelevant front office and ownership.

We don't have cap space, draft picks or assets. Just a bunch of aging Hennigan-era players who manage to scrap into the playoffs lol.

No hope!
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#20 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Giannis will goto Miami. Rumors been for a while. Evidently, he has same agent as Bam while Bam put off his contract resigning another year so the Heat will have money to make a move for Giannis. Riley the man again . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic